Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OrbitalSpaceGarbage

Texture WAD Only Showing 2 textures

Question

I've been working on some textures for personal use, I've got a few test ones to start but, for some reason, when I boot up Doom Builder 2 with it as a resource wad it only shows 2 of the 3 textures. Why is this happening? Slade and Doom Builder images included for reference. 

2.png

1.png

4 answers to this question

Probably won't fix it, but i recommend switching to using TEXTURE2 instead of TEXTURE1, so you can just put the custom textures in that lump without any issue with Vanilla Doom's textures.

Or use TEXTURES if mapping for ZDoom-based ports, with the exception of Odamex and i think ZDaemon.

9 minutes ago, -TDRR- said:

Probably won't fix it, but i recommend switching to using TEXTURE2 instead of TEXTURE1, so you can just put the custom textures in that lump without any issue with Vanilla Doom's textures.

Or use TEXTURES if mapping for ZDoom-based ports, with the exception of Odamex and i think ZDaemon.

You say that, but switching to the TEXTURES lump did indeed fix it... weird. Maybe it's cuz I was running a Doom 2 base WAD with a Doom 1 texture lump?

Just now, OrbitalSpaceGarbage said:

You say that, but switching to the TEXTURES lump did indeed fix it... weird. Maybe it's cuz I was running a Doom 2 base WAD with a Doom 1 texture lump?

Yeah that was the issue, but why were you doing this though? If it was to get the Doom 1 textures in Doom 2, there's better solutions to that, such as in Realm 667.

It was more playing with making textures from scratch. I was struggling to find one straight up guide that gave me every step. So I was piecing information together as I found it.