Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Crackers0106

How to make ambushes in ZDoom (Doom in Hexen) format?

Question

I found lots of tutorials on how to do this but only in regular Doom 2 format and couldn't figure out how to do this in Doom in Hexen format.

4 answers to this question

Just now, Crackers0106 said:

I'm talking about walking over a trigger and a wall opening up revealing some monsters.

perhaps you should have made that clear straight away. :P

I don't see the problem. place monsters, raise walls, tag the sector(s) of the walls, place walkover trigger, tag trigger, use a predefined action to lower the walls (floor action) or a ceiling action (if you need to raise anything) and you're done.

46 minutes ago, Crackers0106 said:

I found lots of tutorials on how to do this but only in regular Doom 2 format and couldn't figure out how to do this in Doom in Hexen format.

you can do it in the exact same way. Set up monster closets with teleport linedefs, place teleport destinations or in this case ideally mapspots as targets, make sure monsters are blocked form accessing the teleport linedefs like you would in vanilla mapping, and simply grant them access when you want them to show up. If you can do it in vanilla, including sound propagation by way of joining sectors to activate monsters, you can do it in this format as well.

2 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

you can do it in the exact same way. Set up monster closets with teleport linedefs, place teleport destinations or in this case ideally mapspots as targets, make sure monsters are blocked form accessing the teleport linedefs like you would in vanilla mapping, and simply grant them access when you want them to show up. If you can do it in vanilla, including sound propagation by way of joining sectors to activate monsters, you can do it in this format as well.

I'm talking about walking over a trigger and a wall opening up revealing some monsters.

It's should be pretty much the same thing, excepr the functions have different names and require different input but it should be mostle self explanatory