Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

Angel name revealed.

Apparently he is called Khan Maykr. Who knows, it might mean something in an ancient near-east language. It might be an intentional mispelling. We already know D'Nur means "out of fire" in Hebrew (iirc) and Kadingir means Babylon or Gate of God in Sumerian. I wonder if this is the case here as well. 

image.png.cd9be1ce4a38b38aad31dcb67b76e9a3.png

Well, "Khan" is both a  last name and a title in a lot of eastern/ middle eastern cultures. As a title it designates a leader/ ruler. In this case, it could just be a moniker identifying this glowing pigeon here as the leader of the angelic forces we'll run into?

EDIT: Though, if it was the ruler, the correct way to identify him would be "Mayker Khan". With the way it's written here, it could suggest that he's the King-Maker, aka the one sent to crown some new king... maybe?

1 minute ago, Sgt Nate V said:

...I don't know why everyone's saying it's a he, those are clearly breasts...

The voice.

32 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

The voice.

Are you sure that's their voice? For all we know, it could be the Seraphim instead.

3 hours ago, Avoozl said:

Doesn't even sound like an angel name.

I'm assuming that's the angel's rank, separate from its name.

16 hours ago, Sgt Nate V said:

Assuming angels have any concept of gender.

19 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

image.png.cd9be1ce4a38b38aad31dcb67b76e9a3.png

Rating Pending? What do these guys think it will be? It's the sequel to one of the goriest games made recently, and they still dare to put "Rating Pending"?!?!

On 6/27/2019 at 3:37 PM, Sgt Nate V said:

biceps

On 6/28/2019 at 8:24 AM, -TDRR- said:

Rating Pending? What do these guys think it will be? It's the sequel to one of the goriest games made recently, and they still dare to put "Rating Pending"?!?!

doom 2016 really wasn't gory at all I mean the maps had some gory props arround them but some of the textures arround them look awkward and unrealistic, like it's just plastic. shooting pinkies only creates some sort of blue plasma and no blood particles and of course the corpses disapear in seconds. compared to something like killing floor 2 where a normal beach could end up looking like a complete bloodbath through decals on floor to the end of match, corpses need to disapear of course but they stay for a while, often times to the end of a wave and bit longer so you can truly see the epic battle you just fought. They probably just did it for consoles but it would have been nice if we atleast had a console command that allowed us to pick the lifetime of bodies

Yes, I think you are right!! Earth is the melting pot in the universe. What do you need to melt metals or in this case universes??

You need a cricible in order to melt metals and other things!! And Demons could have use it after cursing the Wraits and calling the Icon of Sin to destroy everything and later merge the realms.

"The power held within the Crucible will punish man-born and demon kin alike. It will crush the divide. It will corrupt all realms. It will create the monster. It must never be found."

"If you continue, you will bring down the Heaven's wrath!"

Khan Maykr might be the only one who will merge the all of the realms by unmaking them using the Crucible.

Edited by Gerardo194

Can anybody explain this for me? I still don't get the connection between Khan Maykr and Unmaker.

Maykar seems to be a general term for the non-demon "angelic" enemes, since the battlemode states there will be "Maykar Drones"

I don't legitimately believe we are fighting against the Seraphim in "Heaven" my guess is that the Maykar are either made in the (pre-corrupted) Wraith image, the lesser cousins or "children" of the wraiths, or they may be corrupted Seraphim, though I think they are just are directly related to wraiths in some way (considering their similar appearances)

Khan Maykar is most likely just the "king" of the Maykar (hence the use of the Mongolian equivalent for emperor), probably a corrupted free Wraith.

We'll probably see the Seraphim, especially the bigman himself that was (in)directly aiding doomguy in his big genocidal one-man army campaign (the one we see with the wings in a robe) Said bigman will probably lead DS back to Phobos and Mars to the corrupted/traitor D'Nurian survivors to prevent the Khan Maykar from destroying the Doom Universe, Actual Doom Heaven, and Doom Hell

The king of the D'Nurians is the fella we see in the trailer telling Doomslayer that "they are no longer your people to save" hence the "CROWNED leader of the night sentinels" (and demons being dumb thinking Doomslayer is the king because of his fancy power armour) my guess is Hell let him be king in his own pocket world/dimension/etc, if he sacrificed the Wraiths, they let him so, but he smuggled out the Wraiths and the Maykar into his pocket, and eventually the Demons found out he didn't actually fulfil his side of the argument, and go to screw up his pocket before DS arrives BFG style.

TL:DR: Maykar and Seraphim are different factions, one are enemies, and the other aiding the player.

I'm gonna go ahead and call it.

She/he is gonna be the Final Boss.

It looks big and badass enough to be Final Boss material.

On 6/28/2019 at 12:47 AM, Doom64hunter said:

I'm assuming that's the angel's rank, separate from its name.

Assuming angels have any concept of gender.

They may not actually have gender, though appearance is as close as were getting

On 7/23/2019 at 8:22 AM, ([zen3001]) said:

biceps

Just type in Female body builders on Google.

On 6/27/2019 at 3:37 PM, Sgt Nate V said:

I was gonna write those looked more like pecs, but then I saw this:

Spoiler

art.png.210798fe3112a84a61971dfc332ffdb1.png

So I guess you're right.

On 8/20/2019 at 8:34 PM, Gerardo194 said:

"If you continue, you will bring down the Heaven's wrath!"

LOL, to use this kind of threat on Doomguy of all people.

6 hours ago, Mk7_Centipede said:

in the battle mode trailer it was revealed that this angel guy/girl is a top tier demonspawn, and it was referred to as the khan mayker drone.

The drones are likely just corrupted low-level angels.

21 hours ago, aSeriesOfNumbers said:

I'm gonna go ahead and call it.

She/he is gonna be the Final Boss.

It looks big and badass enough to be Final Boss material.

A boss maybe but not the "final" one, i expect that role for something more...  "Iconic".

21 hours ago, aSeriesOfNumbers said:

Just type in Female body builders on Google.

Speaking of female body builders and girls with abs, i just remembered Crash and someone saying she might have been an inspiration for the Praetor suit.

When will she show up in a Doom game?

6 hours ago, Ramiel said:

The drones are likely just corrupted low-level angels.

Similar to possessed UAC soldiers, earth people and possibly Night Sentinel people (Marauder) which means even angels aren't safe.

I do wonder if Heaven has a variety of species and kinds like Hell.

The Maykr Drones enemy sounds boring and uninspiring esp since they are spawned by demons.  They should look demonic!!!!

Spawned by demons?

nah I don’t think so. It’s interesting that it has a brain in a case. Definitely drone material. Maybe they enslave planets and capture subjects to be turned into these drones. 

Or this faction is a transhumanist one.