Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Night Sentinels and dragons and cyber tanks, oh my

Notice that the character doesn't have the shoudler cannon nor the blade. Maybe it's kind of a flashback of something that happened before the chronlogical moment in which Eternal takes place.

25 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

Looks straight out of World of Warcraft.

Icecrown Citadel, Wrath of the Lich King expansion.

43 minutes ago, Mordeth said:

Icecrown Citadel, Wrath of the Lich King expansion.

Exactly 

warcraft-lich-king-kunstdruck-nat-games.

Woah careful there @Linguica, you don't want to post twice in a row on the head admin's thread: "Spamming in the head admin's thread is ill advised."

1 hour ago, Martin-CAI said:

Notice that the character doesn't have the shoudler cannon nor the blade.

I vaguely remember they've briefly shown gameplay footage without the shoulder cannon or blade. They might be pickups you acquire through the campaign.

He is wearing his new armor so this must take place after Doom 2016 or even Doom Eternal.  The developers said that Doom Eternal is their Evil Dead 2 so this could be a glimpse of their "Army of Darkness".

Also notice the Bishop on the left.  Is that the same dark/hell/blood priest on the mural?

34 minutes ago, Zemini said:

The developers said that Doom Eternal is their Evil Dead 2 so this could be a glimpse of their "Army of Darkness".

Wouldn't that make it Evil Dead 3?

29 minutes ago, Bauul said:

Wouldn't that make it Evil Dead 3?

Evil Dead=Army of Darkness

It's named differently because they thought more people would watch it if it was "standale" instead of the finale of a trilogy if i remmeber correctly

I think it's also was supposed to be called Medievil Dead :D

On topic:
It looks cool :D

1 hour ago, Zemini said:

He is wearing his new armor so this must take place after Doom 2016 or even Doom Eternal.  The developers said that Doom Eternal is their Evil Dead 2 so this could be a glimpse of their "Army of Darkness".

Also notice the Bishop on the left.  Is that the same dark/hell/blood priest on the mural?

Maybe he's the one who made the deal with Doomguy. That would mean it's before Doom 2016.

47 minutes ago, SOSU said:

Evil Dead=Army of Darkness

It's named differently because they thought more people would watch it if it was "standale" instead of the finale of a trilogy if i remmeber correctly

I think it's also was supposed to be called Medievil Dead :D

My point was Evil Dead 2 does not equal Army of Darkness, that was Evil Dead 3.  It was also just a silly joke and now has taken up far too many posts than necessary!

On topic:  The dude standing behind the Doom Slayer - what do we reckon, some kind of priest of Argent D'Nur, or one of the renegade demons mentioned in Doom 2016?

1 minute ago, Bauul said:

My point was Evil Dead 2 does not equal Army of Darkness, that was Evil Dead 3.  It was also just a silly joke and now has taken up far too many posts than necessary!

On topic:  The dude standing behind the Doom Slayer - what do we reckon, some kind of priest of Argent D'Nur, or one of the renegade demons mentioned in Doom 2016?

Probably Deag Grav.

Also what i wanted to say is it looks like id is mixing Doom with Quake so that they can have Quake as a MP Arena Shooter and can appease the Quke 1 fans :D

I wonder if Dovakin can be spotted somewhere there.

Having Demons serving them opens speculation. Was this a past or current deal that gave them forces? Or are they enslaved Demons, hence the helmets / armour and it kneeling? Or are they Worshippers of the Slayer due to his brutal power? Slayer had any army?

A very fantasy like direction which I prefer it be the backstory rather than something present.

3 hours ago, Doom64hunter said:

Skyrim 2 is looking good

I dont remember Demon Cyber Tanks  and Shotgun wielding marines  in Skyrim

I am officially head cannoning that every Doom WAD made has been a part of a Grand Crusade to kill demons endlessly for the glory of the Nigh Sentinel King, the Doom Slayer!

A damn shame that it seems like the Night Sentinels are either all dead, or have fallen under the influence of Hell à la the Marauders. I would totally kill for at least a flashback Helms-Deep kind of battle.

12 minutes ago, Stale Meat said:

A damn shame that it seems like the Night Sentinels are either all dead, or have fallen under the influence of Hell à la the Marauders. I would totally kill for at least a flashback Helms-Deep kind of battle.

Well considering the fact that he’s wearing the new (?) Praetor Suit, this may be in the present, but wouldn’t make sense because yeah, as far as we know, Argent D’Nur was wiped out.

Complete crackshot theory, but maybe there are some survivors/new recruits from other dimensions he gathers to take back Earth? Entirely unlikely, though.

I think it's most likely this is kind of a flashback sequence. I doubt it's even in the game, maybe in a DLC. The whole scenery has a Warhammer 40.000 vibe, so I don't mind the Slayers armor looking more modern than the Night Sentinels.

3 hours ago, igg said:

I think it's most likely this is kind of a flashback sequence.

...Then why does he have his Eternal Praetor suit?

8 hours ago, Sgt Nate V said:

...Then why does he have his Eternal Praetor suit?

Art direction?

Those are night sentinels against him?! He was the betrayer and marauder is his son! I thought so! Marauder was returned in demon form .,... his demonic face and horns!!!! And thats why his soul was 'tainted beyond ascension'

But damn .... dragons and hexen mages and demon tanks and a possible friggin titan .... I CANT WAIT!