Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Juza

Sectors mysteriously disappearing

Question

I'm working on a few vanilla maps, all in one wad. Every few times I re-open them, they mysteriously lose sectors, and I get the error "R_TextureNumForName: not found". Using the Make Sector tool kinda fixes it, but then I save the map, open it again, and random sectors are mysteriously gone again... What the hell is this?

This just started happening out of nowhere. I didn't change any settings.

5 answers to this question

I'm bumping this because I thought the problem had been solved, but it's still going.

I've got more knowledge about it so I'll try to clarify:

(Apparently) random sectors are being 'opened' and requiring the 'Make Sectors' tool to be remade

They sometimes get random texture names, from "textures" that aren't really in the wad (I speak of random names such as UG-1, L1-, R2, random stuff exactly like this).

This has only been happening with GZDoom Builder, and I don't know why. I tried downloading older versions, but it doesn't help. I tried deleting all GZDoom Builder files on my computer but when I redownload it, it has the same configuration as before.

I'm not sure why this keeps happening but it seems to happen at random with all the maps in the wad and only a few sectors, and when I remake them with the Make Sector tool they get all messed up and with different configurations from before. This is really frustrating.

3 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

try DBX, perhaps that helps.

Yeah, that's the one I'm using for the time being, but I really miss a lot of GZDB's tools that helped me construct my maps at a much faster rate. Doom Builder X seems to lack a lot of essential basic features, such as selecting multiple walls at once (shift + m1) in visual mode, or having the visual mode camera be located where your cursor is placed.

4 minutes ago, Juza said:

Doom Builder X seems to lack a lot of essential basic features, such as selecting multiple walls at once (shift + m1) in visual mode

For fastest pace I highly recommend staying in map overview as much as possible anyway, but I can see why that's a problem at times.

4 minutes ago, Juza said:

having the visual mode camera be located where your cursor is placed

Ctrl + W places the camera thing at your mouse cursor.