Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darman Macray

The WAD That Just Won't Die

So I just beat Hexen: Dark Kings of the Citadel (and damn was it good) and wanted to take it out of GZDoom just so it wouldn't take up space on the IWAD launch list.

Funny thing though, I accidentally deleted it and IT'S STILL THERE.

It doesn't appear in the GZDoom folder, but it and the HEXEN.wad are both launchable once I start up the application.

I can launch both, start a new game and load up my old saves like it's nothing. I also discovered the same to be true for my Heretic.wad.

So my question is: What? Why? How?

Should I be thankful? Is this a normal thing?

My Doom, TNT, Plutonia, Chex Quest and Doom 2 wads behave normally and will not appear on the list if I remove them from the GZDoom folder--so what gives?

(Also, I wasn't sure where I should put this topic-wise, which is why it's here).

Edited by Darman Macray : Forgot some details :P

Source ports now days automatically look in common install locations rather than just their own folder for IWADs. You most likely have HEXDD located in one of these locations, like a Steam or GOG install.

3 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Source ports now days automatically look in common install locations rather than just their own folder for IWADs. You most likely have HEXDD located in one of these locations, like a Steam or GOG install.

Aw. That makes sense. Thanks!