Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Refueling Base

What levels would you most like to see built full-scale in physical reality?

I mean versions of levels you could actually walk around in, built as realistically as possible, although without fantastic and dangerous things like monsters and harmful liquids.

Sort of like a Doom theme park, but done with seriousness and accuracy.

Nukeage could be simulated using colored water, etc.

1 hour ago, Refueling Base said:

although without fantastic and dangerous things like monsters and harmful liquids.

Nah fuck that, I want monsters!

UAC_DEAD, if only for the invisible stairs!

That or any map by antares031.

Edited by Xyzzy01

19 hours ago, Lila Feuer said:

Entryway, complete with d_runnin.mid playing over a speaker.

And make it so if you press the wrong button in the northern room and lower the two platforms, you can go over to where the other button was and do a Vanilla Ice-style crotch thrust to open the closet.

Hangar is the obvious choice for me. Just to be able to actually wander through that oh-so-famous building that, so far, we've only simulated wandering through! It's actually in the realm of plausibility too, unlike the majority of Doom maps. It's not because Hangar is the most amazing or extravagant map but because it's the most iconic.

"The Harlot's Garden" from Sunder (Map 32)

JPCP 27: A Resplendent Emerald Green

Sunlust 30: God Machine

More realistically, if I were in charge of building a "Doom theme park" with "real" levels, I'd go with Hangar and Deimos Anomaly for E1, Containment Area and Command Center for E2, Slough of Despair and Pandemonium for E3, Entryway and Monster Condo for Doom 2.

The first thing I'd irresponsibly do as a millionaire is model two miniature golf courses on the Ultimate Doom's four episodes. Nine in, nine out, twice over.

Of course, I do not have a million dollars, and so I will settle for adding red key mark strips to the trim outside my bathroom, hiding the card somewhere in the house, and instructing my housemates to physically assault and/or fling household objects at any person who asks to use the facilities.

Said instructions are only to be carried out if the person is wearing green.

The safe word can be DIEHI.

Guest Unregistered account

I feel like E3M3: Refinery would make a fun play area at McDonald's or whatever.

Otherwise, Downtown.

If we are including PWADS, then Temples from Empyrion. If it's just the IWADs, then The Industrial Zone and Inmost Dens.

Suburbs. Be interesting to see a take on that (can't be any worse than the D2INO version...) 

1 minute ago, LadyVader1138 said:

Or wow.wad

Would be interesting to see how they'd recreate the infamous illusio-pit.