Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bridgeburner56

Come eat The Mapwich (A collaborative community project) - RC1 available!!!

If it's possible, add me in. The only problem is I've never experienced multiplayer.

22 minutes ago, obake said:

If it's possible, add me in. The only problem is I've never experienced multiplayer.

Will do once you've joined the discord. Everything is being run through there (link in the announcement post) 

As I said on Discord I am super hyped about this and will definitely participate again as I did last time, as well as give some spicy thorough playtesting notes ;)

Do consider making a new thread once Mapwich 2 officially begins, Bridge, as others might miss it.

52 minutes ago, Terminus said:

Do consider making a new thread once Mapwich 2 officially begins, Bridge, as others might miss it

I will definitely be doing this

What is the map format?  UDMF?  I'm asking tentatively, because I'm probably not comfortable collaborating with a random person, honestly, lol.

37 minutes ago, guitardz said:

What is the map format?  UDMF?  I'm asking tentatively, because I'm probably not comfortable collaborating with a random person, honestly, lol.

You should be able to use any format that works in zandronum, which supports udmf albeit with less features than Gzdoom. I think it's closer to zdoom 2.8 in terms of features than what gzdoom is now. 

But yes, you can use udmf and you should be able to use boom and limit removing to make your map as long as you use Zandro as your test port. 

The thing I need to check is if you can place the new assets from supercharge in boom/vanilla format in gzdb

24 minutes ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

The thing I need to check is if you can place the new assets from supercharge in boom/vanilla format in gzdb

Yes and no. If the monster/weapon replaces an existing one, it's "technically" there and placeable in the editor -- i.e. if you place a Mancubus, you'll get the Behemoth in-game. But you have to know what is what, and anything added by Decorate is not there, which includes several monsters, the Scrap Gun, and all of the decorations. If there's some work-around to this, I'm unaware of it. As far as I know, you want to be using UDMF.

1 hour ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Yes and no. If the monster/weapon replaces an existing one, it's "technically" there and placeable in the editor -- i.e. if you place a Mancubus, you'll get the Behemoth in-game. But you have to know what is what, and anything added by Decorate is not there, which includes several monsters, the Scrap Gun, and all of the decorations. If there's some work-around to this, I'm unaware of it. As far as I know, you want to be using UDMF.

You should still be able to manually enter the thing numbers in the editor. It will show up as an unknown thing but when you test it it should appear. I haven't tested this yet but afaik it will work. There aren't many new elements in supercharge so people will only have to keep track of 4 or so things this way

1 hour ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

You should still be able to manually enter the thing numbers in the editor. It will show up as an unknown thing but when you test it it should appear. I haven't tested this yet but afaik it will work. There aren't many new elements in supercharge so people will only have to keep track of 4 or so things this way

Ahh that's awesome, yes this does work (just tested it). Yeah, there's only 6 additional monsters that I can see, and the 1 new weapon, so that keeps things pretty simple. There's quite a number of custom decorations he included, but those certainly aren't high priority.

37 minutes ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Ahh that's awesome, yes this does work (just tested it). Yeah, there's only 6 additional monsters that I can see, and the 1 new weapon, so that keeps things pretty simple. There's quite a number of custom decorations he included, but those certainly aren't high priority.

Well that's good to know 😁 

FYI there will be an update to Mapwich once Mr. Suitepee finishes his playthrough. Once he's done I'll fix any bugs he finds and push out an update. If there are no bugs reported from that it will most likely be the final release

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/612883961 = part 1. (in order: Arlene/Sparks, Jimmy/Individualist, Breezeep/Yonttebloke, Kaito/Plecthron, first part of Simpletonium/Lorenzo)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/613269705 = part 2. (second part of Simpletonium/Lorenzo, Term/Megablast/Tolleycastle, Bridgeburner/Roasterrock, AD79/Leekster)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/616293117 = part 3. (Liberation/Vertigo, Remmirath/Nirvana, Galileo/Pegleg, Scotty/NoReason)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/617153809 = part 4. (Clay/MarketAnarchy, InsaneGazebo/Danlex, Cyano/Alfredo)

Fun stuff. (played through on HMP as per Bridgeburner's suggestion)

Can't wait for the sequel!

Glad you enjoyed our map! It is indeed I, the same Terminus who hangs out in your Twitch chat every now and then, who made that frustrating map with Megablast :P

I'm definitely gonna change some things around after watching the playthrough.

I understand that some parts might not have had their difficulties adjusted, or at least not properly. The Rocket Launcher area with the 4 Cyberdemons on the crusher looks like it's the exact same as it is on UV, and I feel like HMP should be more tame, for example.

There's some other things and small ideas that I'd like to work on before the final release, so thanks again for checking out the project.