Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

E1M3 - TOXIN REFINERY remake

BY @Guardsoul

Download Here

I feel incomplete. I did finished the map, but i did not explored the whole map. There was a certain point that i could not figure out what to do next  to pass the blue "force field", probably the secrest are mandatory. Sure i enjoyed it, but i would feel more "complete" if could take the remaining monsters (about hundred and so) down.

Main thing here is that 500 and something monsters are a punch in the stomach at first, but when you realize that is mostly troopers/shotgunners and imps, the map travels fast. Cool sound effects, cool visual efects (sparkles/chimney smokes) and yet still feeling a bit incomplete because not "getting" it.

It is a nice job...makes me wonder if the mapper could actually think on remaking all maps from the first episode for instance. That would be not cool...but simply amazing!

Thanks for the request!

-----//-----

Edited by Austinado

15 hours ago, Austinado said:

E1M3 - TOXIN REFINERY remake

BY @Guardsoul

Download Here

I feel incomplete. I did finished the map, but i did not explored the whole map. There was a certain point that i could not figure out what to do next  to pass the blue "force field", probably the secrest are mandatory. Sure i enjoyed it, but i would feel more "complete" if could take the remaining monsters (about hundred and so) down.

Main thing here is that 500 and something monsters are a punch in the stomach at first, but when you realize that is mostly troopers/shotgunners and imps, the map travels fast. Cool sound effects, cool visual efects (sparkles/chimney smokes) and yet still feeling a bit incomplete because not "getting" it.

It is a nice job...makes me wonder if the mapper could actually think on remaking all maps from the first episode for instance. That would be not cool...but simply amazing!

Thanks for the request!

-----//-----

This map like the original E1M3 in The Ultimate Doom, has the normal exit and the secret exit. The way to obtain the secret exit is the same than in the original, going through the sewer section and activating a switch. Have in mind that around a third of the map is hidden behind secrets as a reward for exploration.

Also, I did not use any enemies and items aside from the ones you see in the original map to keep the progression.

Secrets themselves are usually marked via different textures, sometimes being really obvious, other more subtle.

And yes, jumping and crouching are always allowed in my maps unless I deactivate them via mapinfo.

There are some changes coming for the next version like some monster placement and emergency lights for the ambush in the dark.

Thank you for playing!

HARDWAY

BY @Magicana

Download Here

OTEX WAD to play along with the main WAD

I have played some maps from this mapper, and i know it can be rough. Although he said that if i found it to harsh in UV i did anyways, since im trying to keep that kind of level.

Like the mapper says its short..it has some usual nice traps...but no mister. Im not conviced...because i know this mapper has good potetial and can do way more.

Dont get me wrong, i liked it, but it seemed more an experience...a little taste for what is coming...and ill be waiting for it.

Final Remarks:

- Nice to see the OTEX...lets keep it coming.

- Dont want to repeat myself to much but...keep it coming!

- Thanks for the request!

-----//-----

INVASION 1992

BY @Diego Ignelzi

Download Here

Its 4 long maps. Its a first WAD. Its a very nice job we have here.

I find hard to believe that this is a first WAD from this mapper, but being a first one,congratulations, you did a hell of a job.

Trough the videos i say often, "Im curious to know how long took these maps to be done" and question still is on if the mapper reads this.

I enjoyed it, you have alot of tasks, to get the keys to return to the places to the doors, to get the switches, to return to doors or places that were closed. Nothing is actually misssing, ammo, health, monsters...and the maps can be long because the areas are extended. I had fun, i enjoyed it, and i recommend it.

Final Remarks:

- Its good to give the player a portal so he dont have to return all the way back.

- You love switches...and boy you had alot of them in each map. Nothing wrong there...but sometimes using linedefs to automatically open doors or trigger traps, saves more time for the player and keeps the map going more fluently.

- Loved the details in the maps, like the cinema theater, church, cemetery, the rooms, the tables...come on...is this your first WAD?

- We have custom music, cool background/credits walpaper..nice job there.

- Cool liltte animations of monsters being killed by the machines (crushers) in the game, great care with light for mood in the play...not bad monster placement, switches that triggers teleport of monsters...come on...is this your first WAD?

- Nice job. I had alot of fun, and i thank you for the request!

-----//-----

19 hours ago, Austinado said:

INVASION 1992

BY @Diego Ignelzi

Download Here

Its 4 long maps. Its a first WAD. Its a very nice job we have here.

I find hard to believe that this is a first WAD from this mapper, but being a first one,congratulations, you did a hell of a job.

Trough the videos i say often, "Im curious to know how long took these maps to be done" and question still is on if the mapper reads this.

I enjoyed it, you have alot of tasks, to get the keys to return to the places to the doors, to get the switches, to return to doors or places that were closed. Nothing is actually misssing, ammo, health, monsters...and the maps can be long because the areas are extended. I had fun, i enjoyed it, and i recommend it.

Final Remarks:

- Its good to give the player a portal so he dont have to return all the way back.

- You love switches...and boy you had alot of them in each map. Nothing wrong there...but sometimes using linedefs to automatically open doors or trigger traps, saves more time for the player and keeps the map going more fluently.

- Loved the details in the maps, like the cinema theater, church, cemetery, the rooms, the tables...come on...is this your first WAD?

- We have custom music, cool background/credits walpaper..nice job there.

- Cool liltte animations of monsters being killed by the machines (crushers) in the game, great care with light for mood in the play...not bad monster placement, switches that triggers teleport of monsters...come on...is this your first WAD?

- Nice job. I had alot of fun, and i thank you for the request!

-----//-----

Hey thank you very much for playing my wad, honestly I thought you were going to take longer to play it for all the requests you have. So it's an honor for me ... I don't remember how long it takes to do this wad but I think it was about a year. I took my time, added details, sectors to the maps every time I had an idea until it was finished. I'm glad you liked it, thanks again.

CASTLE

BY @BBQgiraffe

Download Here

Lets keep in mind, that this mapper was 13 years old. When i was 13 years old there was no internet yet.

Probably is a first map, pretty simple, pretty small...pretty much just a beggining.

The mapper says he has an update with more 3 maps in a flash drive.

Final Remarks:

- First of all, its not a "crappy" map, think of it has a beggining of something.

- You know a little bit of the basics, if you´re interested search more of mapping, you have alot here in the forum and youtube tutorials.

- Loved the midi music!

-----//-----

SHADOW ZONE

BY @Kuleshoff

Download Here

We have a good one here.

The music is awsome.

The Textures/Map Design/sounds/details are awsome.

Fighting monsters is OK.

The maps are SMALL.

Sure did enjoyed it...

Final Remarks:

- At the end of 3rd map we starve for more...

- Will it be more? Like a megaWAD?

- This mapper is no amateurs mapping...very very nice job although the maps are small.

- Although small we have fun...and that, its very important!

-----//-----

5 hours ago, Austinado said:

SHADOW ZONE

BY @Kuleshoff

Download Here

We have a good one here.

The music is awsome.

The Textures/Map Design/sounds/details are awsome.

Fighting monsters is OK.

The maps are SMALL.

Sure did enjoyed it...

Final Remarks:

- At the end of 3rd map we starve for more...

- Will it be more? Like a megaWAD?

- This mapper is no amateurs mapping...very very nice job although the maps are small.

- Although small we have fun...and that, its very important!

-----//-----

Thank you for the video. It’s nice to know that your work is like and evokes positive emotions. It inspires and makes you want to work further.

On 10/8/2019 at 1:32 PM, Austinado said:

THE BREACH (2Maps)

BY @Gustavo

Download Here

The mapper says "they are pretty simple and straightforward.", and yes, they are, but there is no harm in that. I think its not bad designed at all, it kept reminding me that this could be a beggining of a MegaWAD. Short and increasing...

Final Remarks

- I was craving for monsters...health and ammunition were never a concern.

- I think it was not bad designed...did i said i was craving for more monsters?

- Perhaps you should work on a megaWAD...why not? What about 12 maps for a start? I would be curious to play it.

- Thanks for the request! I would like to see more.

-----//-----

Thanks so much for playing!

JOURNEY TO HELL (incomplete)

By @IRod54

Download Here

This is a GooD one...

...yet i was unable to finish it.

This mapper dont fool around with you. You have to use all your good skill to play this maps, and man did i struggle.

Perhaps is not meant to be played in Ultra Violence, well maybe it is. At the end of the 5th map i almost gave up...but i managed to maybe "luckly" go trought till the end. But man, when you get to map06, that´s when i think everything goes a ton down on you. I got to a point that it felt like it was turning to a slaughter map. I respect slaughter maps...but its not my thing. I think i was almost getting to the end of map06...but no...i lost the fun of playing it at that time and because of that, i stopped. Can asure its one of the most challenging maps i have played...

Final Remarks:

- Its called Journey to Hell...and man...what a journey!

- You would like a challenge? You sure have a good one here.

- Prepare yourself to die...alot.

- The mapper knows what he is doing. Good mapping here, and the other aspects are accurate, health, ammo, monster placement...all in the right spot.

- I cant imagine how long it tooked the mapper to do all this...10 points of respect!

- Why there is no renaming of the maps?

- I had fun...challenging and curious to go on... until map06, to much hardcore for me since that point.

- Ill repeat...you would like a challenge? you have a good one here...try it on!

- Thanks alot for the request!

-----//-----

60 SECRETS

BY @nicolas monti

Download Here

We have here two maps by this mapper, wich if you already played some of his maps, you will recognize the style of his since the beggining.

The theme is secrets, i had found some...others not really. Im not very good with secrets..in this case it looks like chasing easter eggs in the park...because they are all near by.

Its a beggining of one more good work from this mapper, with small maps but a clever design. The maps can bite your ass a little bit, but its fair with ammo and health

Looking forward to see more.

Thanks for the request!

-----//-----

20 hours ago, Austinado said:

JOURNEY TO HELL (incomplete)

By @IRod54

Download Here

This is a GooD one...

...yet i was unable to finish it.

This mapper dont fool around with you. You have to use all your good skill to play this maps, and man did i struggle.

Perhaps is not meant to be played in Ultra Violence, well maybe it is. At the end of the 5th map i almost gave up...but i managed to maybe "luckly" go trought till the end. But man, when you get to map06, that´s when i think everything goes a ton down on you. I got to a point that it felt like it was turning to a slaughter map. I respect slaughter maps...but its not my thing. I think i was almost getting to the end of map06...but no...i lost the fun of playing it at that time and because of that, i stopped. Can asure its one of the most challenging maps i have played...

Final Remarks:

- Its called Journey to Hell...and man...what a journey!

- You would like a challenge? You sure have a good one here.

- Prepare yourself to die...alot.

- The mapper knows what he is doing. Good mapping here, and the other aspects are accurate, health, ammo, monster placement...all in the right spot.

- I cant imagine how long it tooked the mapper to do all this...10 points of respect!

- Why there is no renaming of the maps?

- I had fun...challenging and curious to go on... until map06, to much hardcore for me since that point.

- Ill repeat...you would like a challenge? you have a good one here...try it on!

- Thanks alot for the request!

-----//-----

Thanks for the nice feedback, I will obviously add more health where needed, in map 4 you have to find a secret switch to lower the platform with the megasphere and nothing happens when you get the BFG, map 5 a secret door opens back outside when you press the switch to escape the trap in the cave area with a teleport to the area with the BFG 

7 minutes ago, Doomsdλy1993 said:

Kinda new to uploading wads onto here. Could I just use Mediafire?

You can use anything that provides us to download the file.

After upload the file, provide us the URL and thats it. 

1 minute ago, Austinado said:

You can use anything that provides us to download the file.

After upload the file, provide us the URL and thats it. 

Nice! Just wondering if you will only play vanilla wads.

2 minutes ago, Doomsdλy1993 said:

Nice! Just wondering if you will only play vanilla wads.

No, i play all kind. Just dont like slaughter maps.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qqkj2b89c087tpg/Doomguys_Demonic_Adventure.wad/file

Here is the wad contains two maps (Once its complete it will have 8) I recommend that you play the first map only since that one in my opinion is more better than the second map because I still need to go back and make the second map a bit more fair on the player but its up to you whether you want to do both or not. Earth skybox was made by one of my friends. ;)

12 minutes ago, PurpleNerd23 said:

(Herectic) is misspelled.

There is a c that sould not  be there. Sorry...ill fix it in the main page.

On 10/10/2019 at 12:56 PM, Hell_Pike said:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17DC1mnt7_Ta9cCt7oHUI4quqZGKYs3_Z
TITLEPIC.png.15074839ebcd693cbc2ccc45e1955512.png

I have been trying to find anyone who will play this and give me some feedback before I start the next map. Please try it? I would love to see how it plays from fresh eyes!

I just gave it a test run. Looks like there's no forum thread for this mod, so I'll post feedback here.

Spoiler

Once the mod actually starts, the visual style is really cool. Has a nice purple alien aesthetic with cool octopoid imagery. The actual combat in the first area didn't do much for me since most of the monsters couldn't move from their starting platforms, and the rest were blocked by the structure in the middle of the map. Dropping a few short waves into the area, and allowing the monsters to reach me, would make it more engaging than shooting fish in a barrel. First time i died, I wasn't really compelled to continue.

That's not the biggest issue though. The biggest issue is that goddamned intro cutscene. 200+ frames that are mostly spent on marines blabbering pointlessly back and forth and space shuttle liftoff procedures. It doesn't add character or atmosphere to the mod at all, it just drags it out. The last few frames with the ships descending to the planet surface was kinda cool, but would work better if they were "animated" without my having to click to go to the next slide. It's a bloated intro that really doesn't contribute much.

Honestly if you want story and atmosphere in your mod, the best way to do it is have occasional radio interactions with people throughout each map. Doesn't slow the gameplay to a crawl.

26 minutes ago, Impie said:

I just gave it a test run. Looks like there's no forum thread for this mod, so I'll post feedback here.

Reveal hidden contents

Once the mod actually starts, the visual style is really cool. Has a nice purple alien aesthetic with cool octopoid imagery. The actual combat in the first area didn't do much for me since most of the monsters couldn't move from their starting platforms, and the rest were blocked by the structure in the middle of the map. Dropping a few short waves into the area, and allowing the monsters to reach me, would make it more engaging than shooting fish in a barrel. First time i died, I wasn't really compelled to continue.

That's not the biggest issue though. The biggest issue is that goddamned intro cutscene. 200+ frames that are mostly spent on marines blabbering pointlessly back and forth and space shuttle liftoff procedures. It doesn't add character or atmosphere to the mod at all, it just drags it out. The last few frames with the ships descending to the planet surface was kinda cool, but would work better if they were "animated" without my having to click to go to the next slide. It's a bloated intro that really doesn't contribute much.

Honestly if you want story and atmosphere in your mod, the best way to do it is have occasional radio interactions with people throughout each map. Doesn't slow the gameplay to a crawl.

Its already recorded and will be posted today. It was in the queue.

;)

CALAMARI (incomplete)

BY @Hell_Pike

Download Here (this version is the most updated to the date, not the one i have recorded)

Its amazing how mappers deliver themselves on maps or mods. Its hard work, and of course it takes time to perfect them. I would like to congratulate this mapper, because its not easy to try to do something different in a game that has more than 25 years.

About this one, i did not completed it, im sorry about that.

It starts with intro, and man, something needs to be done about this. I understand that the mapper wants to implement a story about what is going on or happen, but 7 minutes on clicking to see the next frame and the next frame and the next one....its a no no...trying to reduce it and compress it, should be a thing to do.

We start with "Lost Element", and from the start we get to know that we will get customized monsters...and alot of them.

Im sorry to say, but the balance between the customized monsters and the player are simply not right. The thing here is that though the mapper provides ammo and health in great quantity, they are hard son of a gun. The "Deep One"  for example, its very strong, even with the SSG, it takes too much to kill.

The pace of the game goes on with "waves" of monsters, and sometimes its a little confusing to know where to go, some switches are shootable, some need to press use...i think there should be a difference about the shootables and the other ones, because they look the same.

The area, to get the blue key, i think there is a problem with the sky box as the video shows, but the rest its a lovely "arena" where you are given alot of ammo, backpack, health...its understandable because you begin the map are your eyes pop out when you see almost 1000 monsters. This should be decreased...alot.

The main reason i did not finish this, is because (and i think thats probably the end of the map) after i got all the keys, Hell comes to you. Alot of custom monsters, and the thing here (and i hear this from alot of playtesters/tottally agree) is that you (the player) dont know how hard they are. Using all this customized monsters, there is a need to be a good balance, and there is not. Sure you have customized weapons (pretty cool might i say) but...its not enough...sure the mapper gives alot of ammo all around the map...but to get there and escape that final wave of monsters....Jesus Christ...it turns into a slaughter.

Final Remarks:

- It felt kind of weird at the beggining, but you get into it, trying to get to end of the map.

- Its a first map of the mod, almost 1000 monsters...i think its a bit toooooooooo much.

- Customized weapons are pretty cool!

- I like customized monsters...but there is a need to be carefull with that...it can destroy everything if its not well balanced.

- I liked the textures, you feel you are in a diferent world, a different place.

- The mapping is not sloppy...the mapper thought about the things...the guidance where to go, might be a little confusing.

- I know the mapper had alot of work in this, i praise the time he took, but seriously should be looking to change a few things that were mentioned (in my opinion of course).

- Hope to see more of your work and thank you very much for the request!

-----//-----

WHYYYYYY CAUSE WHYYYYYY

BY @superboo07

Download Here

If it is not a troll...sure looks like one. If this is a start of something...boy oh boy...the mapper needs much of studying about everything in mapping.

The video its not long...so watch it yourself.

-----//-----