Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

BLOOD OVEN (incomplete)

By @PurpleNerd23

Download WAD here

Download music file here

I will do this afirmation: The mapper did not tested the map himself.

Because if he did, he would know there is not enough ammo to go through. This is a first map from this mapper, and yes its full of flaws. Nothing wrong here, but a thing to keep in mind is that you have to test the map. You do a map, and if you can go through it till the end...others with more or less difficulty will get there too.

By his words, it was 3 months of mapping in this one...mapping its not the hardest thing in the world but to get it right sure will take more time than that.

I tryed this map twice...incomplete by me, needs a big review from the mapper (in my opinion of course).

Final Remarks:

- Congratulations for your first map.

- Maybe you should try to do a smaller map.

- Learning the basics it is important.

- Arch-villes are great menace among others....even more if you dont have enough ammo to destroy them. One is a pain in the ass, two....oh well you got the idea.

- Again, learning the basics is important such as...textures, monster placement, ammo/health balance. There is alot tutorials in youtube and members of this forum will help you whenever you have doubts.

- Thank you for the request, hope to see whats next.

-----//-----

1 hour ago, Austinado said:

BLOOD OVEN (incomplete)

By @PurpleNerd23

Download WAD here

Download music file here

I will do this afirmation: The mapper did not tested the map himself.

Because if he did, he would know there is not enough ammo to go through. This is a first map from this mapper, and yes its full of flaws. Nothing wrong here, but a thing to keep in mind is that you have to test the map. You do a map, and if you can go through it till the end...others with more or less difficulty will get there too.

By his words, it was 3 months of mapping in this one...mapping its not the hardest thing in the world but to get it right sure will take more time than that.

I tryed this map twice...incomplete by me, needs a big review from the mapper (in my opinion of course).

Final Remarks:

- Congratulations for your first map.

- Maybe you should try to do a smaller map.

- Learning the basics it is important.

- Arch-villes are great menace among others....even more if you dont have enough ammo to destroy them. One is a pain in the ass, two....oh well you got the idea.

- Again, learning the basics is important such as...textures, monster placement, ammo/health balance. There is alot tutorials in youtube and members of this forum will help you whenever you have doubts.

- Thank you for the request, hope to see whats next.

-----//-----

This is what I expect the player's stat's to be: Run done with no cheats, completely by me. Ultra-Violence difficulty too. I see where you had a problem, and i'll try and make some of the secrets more glaringly obvious: (kidding, but if I see an area, I visualize how to get to that spot in my head. I'm also working on fixing the no ammo, as I expected the player to have walked through a secret area, and have gotten the 100 maxed out slugs n' shells. It is hard, definitely, I barely got through that with 1% HP in one spot, so that's why I tried to make it clear about save-scumming being allowed. also, you might say: NerdGamer23, why does it say No Clipping Off? Well, that's because I borked the exit door in the newer version. The newer version changed the lighting to be more like Quakes, and somehow i goofed up a number. The alternative exit still works, however, in the one room with bars for windows. It was supposed to take the player to MAP31, as this was going to be a megawad, but after lots of feedback during testing, I decided to make the WAD be just one map. If there is anything else you would like to comment on, please let me know. Otherwise, have a fantastic day!image.png.04b3359af123f9d954043457327f08d4.png

Thank you for playing my map. I am not impressed with my performance here. I will try to do better for next time. Also I want to note that the custom monsters are found on realm 667, they are not made by me. Same for the weapon sprites. The credits can be found within the PK3, but before a more formal release they will be explicitly stated. I will add more maps also before a formal release, add an ability to skip the cut-scenes and shorten up the boring parts as well. Thanks!

DOOMGUYS DEMONIC ADVENTURE - TELEPORTATION CENTER

BY @Doomsdλy1993

Download Here

Like i say in the video, "its a nice little map". I had my fun, but probably  could be a little bit longer, got to the end and was craving for a little more. In my opinion that´s a good feeling. I would like to see more in the future...

Final Remarks:

- Health is a little restricted since you are facing a bunch of chaingunners few times.

- I felt cozy, and the map being small helps. In a way that you a have some fights and keep on going...still, could be a little bit longer.

- I think there is a problem in the map with linedefs (that part of the sky).

- I got curious, and sure would like to see more.

- Thanks for the request!

-----//-----

8 hours ago, Austinado said:

DOOMGUYS DEMONIC ADVENTURE - TELEPORTATION CENTER

BY @Doomsdλy1993

Download Here

Like i say in the video, "its a nice little map". I had my fun, but probably  could be a little bit longer, got to the end and was craving for a little more. In my opinion that´s a good feeling. I would like to see more in the future...

Final Remarks:

- Health is a little restricted since you are facing a bunch of chaingunners few times.

- I felt cozy, and the map being small helps. In a way that you a have some fights and keep on going...still, could be a little bit longer.

- I think there is a problem in the map with linedefs (that part of the sky).

- I got curious, and sure would like to see more.

-----//-----

Thank you very much! I was a bit worried about this map being too small so I improve that if you want. For some reason there is a problem in software renders where the sky turns into a hall of mirrors also in your first run the shotguns got crushed by the door. :) Thanks anyway!

Hi there. This is a Doom II level I had made back in the late 90s when I was a university student in Computer Science. Who would have known that 20 years later I'm lecturing Game Design to undergraduate students myself!

Anyway, I rediscovered my WADs and thought I'd give you guys a chance at them. I was at my heyday of level design back then so I hope you enjoy this one. It's a PWAD for DooM II that I had named Reunion..

Here's the readme file I had made for it back then:

Description             : You have heard that the major heads of hell are 
                          having a reunion, your best chance to bust them all!
                          You grab your pistol and enter the teleporter which 
                          materializes you right in the centre of the mansion.
                          It is up to you now: if you don't succeed they might 
                          come up with some new plans for earth. Better not find
                          out what they are...

Additional Credits to   : My friends Bradley Ciantar and Pierre Felter for 
                          criticising me and giving me ideas. This is for you.
================================================================

* Play Information *

Level #                 : 1
Single Player           : Yes
Cooperative 2-4 Player  : Yes
Deathmatch 2-4 Player   : Yes
Difficulty Settings     : Yes
New Sounds              : No
New Graphics            : No
New Music               : No
Demos Replaced          : None

* Construction *

Base                    : New level from scratch
Editor(s) used          : DCK and DEU2 to fix where DCK couldn't
Known Bugs              : NONE and proud of it!

reunion.zip

WITHERED DIMENSION (NaNoWADs2019)

BY @Voltcom

Download Here

(Udoom)

We have a really nice one here.

At first i was affraid, i was petrified, to find myself playing this as slaughter maps here by my side...

But no.

These are maps that yes can get a little harsh, but for me, not slaughter maps. I almost declined this request because i read "Hopefully it's not too crazy for you, it's fairly slaughtermap-esque." and sure i am glad i gone go on with it.

It makes me a little bit sad the mapper saying he had no feedback at this time, well maybe when posting our stuff in Doomworld should be more enfatized so others can see it and trying it.

Very glad i have played this and hope others can see these videos and try it.

Final Remarks:

- They are not very big maps each, but sure they are done right. An increasing feeling of difficulty in the upcoming map is done correctly.

- In my opinion this is no amateur in mapping. The textures feels nice (loved the mirrors), the athmosphere feels nice, balance of ammo/health feels nice.

- Customized music in the maps are cool.

- It is a nice job we have here, with justice for the player, even in the hard fights we encounter.

- Its simple maps, but well designed. I hope to get this level one day.

- Did not got to the secret map...oh well.

- Thank you very much for the request! Hope to see more of you.

-----//-----

DEPTHS OF DARKNESS - MAP02

BY @Magicana

Download Here

OTEX textures (to play along with the main WAD)

We have this mapper using the OTEX and that is very nice to see. After his first map with this textures, its really a joy to see more, and in my opinion, more seriouos about it.

The map is not to large in space but very fun to play, with platforming, and is eye candy for the eyes. Everything seems right, but you starve for more at the end...

The real question is :

Final Remarks:

- When are we going to get a megaWAD ?

- Its time to stop teasing us...and give us something continous to play!

- Thanks for the request, and like the last time, give us mokre....8 in a row would be nice for example ;)

-----//-----

REUNION

BY @LordMagic

Download Here

This is a map from the 90´s, information given by the mapper, and i can say this aged in a good state. I have no "complaints" concerning the overall gameplay, everything makes you feel right, and this mapper that once was in Computer Science in university, now lecturing Game Design, should maybe in his spare time begin to do some mapping once again. Its joyfull to see some retro maps here...would be awsome (in my opinion) to see more. It was with those maps that we grew up with.

Thanks for the request...and think about my proposal.

-----//-----

2 hours ago, Austinado said:

DEPTHS OF DARKNESS - MAP02

BY @Magicana

Download Here

OTEX textures (to play along with the main WAD)

We have this mapper using the OTEX and that is very nice to see. After his first map with this textures, its really a joy to see more, and in my opinion, more seriouos about it.

The map is not to large in space but very fun to play, with platforming, and is eye candy for the eyes. Everything seems right, but you starve for more at the end...

The real question is :

Final Remarks:

- When are we going to get a megaWAD ?

- Its time to stop teasing us...and give us something continous to play!

- Thanks for the request, and like the last time, give us mokre....8 in a row would be nice for example ;)

-----//-----

Thanks for the playthrough! You were the second person to have trouble finding that upper section with the chaingunners, rocket launcher and switch. I might have to think about how to get the player into there...

The episode is coming! I'm releasing it one by one because I find that's easier for testing, and I don't want to put out a string of bad maps. I plan on the maps getting longer as well, but we will see how that goes!

60SECRETS - MAP03 and MAP04

BY @nicolas monti

Download Here

What can i say...another two great maps where is full of traps and fun. This is (in my opinion) the right path. The only thing we can do now is wait for more.

Thanks for the request.

-----//-----

23 hours ago, Austinado said:

REUNION

BY @LordMagic

Download Here

REVIEWER'S COMMENTS:

This is a map from the 90´s, information given by the mapper, and i can say this aged in a good state. I have no "complaints" concerning the overall gameplay, everything makes you feel right, and this mapper that once was in Computer Science in university, now lecturing Game Design, should maybe in his spare time begin to do some mapping once again. Its joyfull to see some retro maps here...would be awsome (in my opinion) to see more. It was with those maps that we grew up with.

Thanks for the request...and think about my proposal.

=======================

AUTHOR'S RESPONSE

Hey! Thanks for the review! I rediscovered these maps on my old university website while suggesting using DooM for game level design to my third years and I thought, why not get it out there and see what other people think! We did not have that luxury much in the 90s and had only shared it with my group of close friends. I'm sorry it was so hard to get the double shotgun - I don't think I had realised back then that the switch wouldn't work while the lift was still down (or maybe me as a game designer just waited for it to go up before pressing and never realised). But I'm glad you kept at it and eventually discovered it. The last switch - which you forgot - was actually a mean move from my part: there were two exact switches opposite each other and when you went over to the second switch, the first was cast into darkness. So if you get distracted by the imps, as it happened to you, you might miss the fact that that's a second switch which is needed for the exit. I think the arachnotron room could get more oomph and the archvile was feeling claustrophobic in that low roofed corridor but yeah, that's all in hindsight. One extra fact nugget, is that this mapper is from the small island nation of Malta so I hope that makes it a bit more special for you :D

I'm  trying to get to grips with my PhD in Game Design and Storytelling so maybe the level design will have to wait a bit, but I will be training three students into doom level design next monday so maybe you'll get more Maltese levels to try out in a few months time ;)

Again, thanks mightily for the review!

-----//-----

1 Map, requires the included CC4 Textures wad. It's sort of nearly completed WIP (difficulty levels aren't implemented). Would love to see you play through it.

TheOldCity.zip

Until I get some time to make some levels again, I'd like to satiate your thirst with another couple of maps I had done with the intention of starting of a map pack... but unfortunately stopped short at map 02. I'm afraid map 02 also feels lacking closure but I'd like to see what you think of the design I had done so far. It's two maps, two short ones and not as lengthy as Reunion but I think they'll offer you a bit of a challenge - at least by taking you back to the 90s again ;) Enjoy!

lte.zip

LTE.png

...and I guess I can share my Crabbo level for DooM I with you (this is E1M1). If I recall well, this was my first of the three levels I sent you, so apologies for the reverse narrative in terms of my level building skills! Just in case you're getting suspicious of all these levels cropping up, they're from my old webpage from the time of the university, which is still up at fortunecity over here: http://community.fortunecity.ws/campus/computing/4/games.html This was somewhere around 1997-1998...

This is more of a complete level compared to LTE so I hope I make up for that last one!

Enjoy!

crabbo.zip

THE OLD CITY

BY @JBerg

Download Here

First of all i must apologize because im with a  hoarse voice in culmination of drinking ice cold water last night.

I did not had a good gameplay, my fault of course, i was impacient, and i did not spoke alot for the reasons i gave above in the first paragraph.

Resuming the thing...its a nice map indeed and i enjoyed it.

Final Remarks:

- Pretty nice level design and monster placement.

- I Though it was lacking in ammo, but yes...its there, you cant be a "camper".

- Probably i should had found the secrets, maybe there was a BFG or an plasma gun...and that would facilitate more the gameplay for me.

- I spent toooooo much time with that first arch-ville, sorry about that.

- There´s an issue with the sky..you can see it at the video.

- I was suspicious i did not had to kill the Cyberdemon...and i was right!

- Do you have more maps? Would like to see them...you did a nice job here, and the details in textures are right and an example to follow.

- Thank you for the request!

-----//-----

Want to give my first map a try? Here is the post link:

And here is a direct download:

Vile.zip

Really looking forward to your thoughts. Thanks a bunch!

Thanks for the play! Glad you enjoyed it!

You're right, there's actually a hidden BFG in the map. Hint: it has something to do with the yellow key.

Bummer about the sky, I thought I had fixed an issue with it, I'll have to look into that.

I have a few other maps you can check on my itch.io page (https://jberg.itch.io/). Don't bother with 'Ancient Beliefs' because it sucks.

2 minutes ago, JBerg said:

Thanks for the play! Glad you enjoyed it!

You're right, there's actually a hidden BFG in the map. Hint: it has something to do with the yellow key.

Bummer about the sky, I thought I had fixed an issue with it, I'll have to look into that.

I have a few other maps you can check on my itch.io page (https://jberg.itch.io/). Don't bother with 'Ancient Beliefs' because it sucks.

I´ll put them in queue minus 'Ancient Beliefs' .

4 minutes ago, Austinado said:

I´ll put them in queue minus 'Ancient Beliefs' .

Cool. Note: 'Smite The Unholy' is actually a Doom 1 episode 4 map. You need to play it with doom.wad

LTE

BY @LordMagic

Download Here

We have two maps in this WAD, simple, and little fun action in both of them. The first map is interesting in a meaning of trying to escape the pit and all surronding monsters. Ammo/Health is well combined, and its good retro nostalgia here with no major difficulty to give you hearth attack. Textures are ok for the time, no much of details here to mention.

The second map. i warned that was unfinshed project, i did it by request of the mapper and yes, work should be done here. The pit rising its good, the open door behind let an oppening to manage in a easy way what is coming from down there. At the end of the map, i saw i had too much monsters left behind so i turned back and the secrest are mandatory to find a kind of "secret" area where the remaining monsters are. Didn´t had enough health to explre it since there is 10% of damage on the lava and no rad suit near by. Yes there is some minor boxes of health on the path, but not enough to keep on going. Clearly unfinished.

Final Remarks:

- Time to pick up thoses "babies" back and finish them!!

-----//-----

CRABBO

BY @LordMagic

Download Here

Map created in 1997/98, its a small map with minor flaws, the thing here is that monster placement is not very good. There is no element of surprise, the door opens and we have monsters to kill. Traps are essencial for me in a Doom map. Lets keep in mind that this was made 22 years and everything was a beggining in mapping.

Final Remarks:

- Its never fun to shotgun a Baron...i also did that mistake, more than once.

- minor flaws...nukage dont harm (dont always have to), blue door not signed.

- I liked the switches lifts connections with the map.

- There is no element of surprise.

- 22 years ago...goddamn we are getting old arent we?

-----//-----

Edited by Austinado

Got another first map for you to try :)

Game: Doom 2 Map 01

Designed for GZDoom with ultra violence difficulty (other difficulties are available)

Average Level time: 40 mins

Vanilla-ish map taking inspiration from Doom 1 and 2 with a little modern wads thrown in.

Let me know what you think!

Page link and direct download link below.

Breach v1.1.zip

On 10/18/2019 at 2:10 PM, Austinado said:

60SECRETS - MAP03 and MAP04

BY @nicolas monti

Download Here

What can i say...another two great maps where is full of traps and fun. This is (in my opinion) the right path. The only thing we can do now is wait for more.

Thanks for the request.

-----//-----

Thanks to the video I made slight changes to map04, the acid pit is better marked so the payer knows (s)he needs a suit to go down there, also now you get trapped into the red key area, among other things.

Thanks for the quick feedback, I'll deliver the other maps when I have the time, map06 will take a bit more work, as it is the last of the mini episode.