Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

1 hour ago, Austinado said:

60 SECRETS - MAP06

BY @nicolas monti

Download Here

Its an intriguing and challenging map. I will not talk anymore about textures because i think the mapper is tired of listening about that. I think in comparison with the previous maps this one can "bite your ass" a little bit more, with interesting "monti´s style" (platforming for progression), enough ammo (rocket launcher being essential ) and health.

I found only one thing that could be better, the lift that takes the player to the rooftop should be a little bit larger...because if there´s Cacodeamons in that opening, the lift makes a comeback down because of obstacle on top. Since the player cant overlook...its an easy prey to the Caco´s.

Final Remarks:

- A good map, no discussion about that.

- You dont like revenants ? Well prepare yourself...

- Challenging...and you think you can be camper? Well good luck. 

- The window in the area to release the blue key, its a good area to fight the Cyberdemons (its a tip) but at the end i went to the open field to finish it.

- Again, a nice job.

- Thanks for the request!

-----//-----

Thanks again for playing through the episode, it seems the ammo was balanced at the end, the caco lift potential problem is an easy fix, I'll also tweak the final encounter, we'll see!!! 

Thanks for trying my old map :)

it was made using an old dos based man editor but I forgot its name

It was my first map with an outside part

I made an invisible barrier along the edge to avoid falling off the map

You missed a Lot of Secrets lol

It was not designed with jumping in mind but it seemed to be a big Help so thats cool

I did not pay Much attention to textures back then since as you guessed, it was an experiment/experience

I used the handle silverflame back then so Many of the maps have SF stamped on the floor need the start

I have Another old map from back then that I would love for you to try, I might need to dail its monstercount down or atleast add Some in spheres since it was originally a coop slaughterfest

The other map is based on merging hell and quake

I can post it Later Today if you Wish to try it :)

Thanks for the feedback on prisen wad

checkout this thread for my quakeworld map also from 1999

QUAKEWORLD MAP

BY @CBM

Download Here

We have map here from 1999, again, and warned by the mapper, there was no much careness about textures. Still, for the time, i dont think its a bad map. If "polished" and taken care in every aspect, i think it could be a good map.

There is some monsters with no action, and i think this was done with purpose to make the player waste some amunition (in my case i tryed to use the chainsaw more at the end). There is a little bit lack of health until you get to the part of Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind where you can find the megapsheres. A bunch of secrets (32 in total) but must of them aren´t secrets at all, since the areas are in open sight.

I see potential here...and if this mapper awakens here, to try to do something in 2019/2020 with careness and time, we could have good maps. Its his choice to do it so.

Thanks for the request!

-----//-----

@Austinado

Thanks for the kind words :)

I might dig up more of my old wads from the 90's,

none of them have never been released (or testet), but now they can be both and I can get valuable feedback that I can use when starting back up on the whole mapping thing :D

It seems that a much improved version of quakeworld (and maybe prison) could be something I would do well in using in the megawad I am planning :)

I really enjoy your review videos .. especially the one about quake world.. I laughed quite a few times :D

Edited by CBM

here is yet another map, this time from 1997 and it is a modification of the DOOM 2 MAP 01, as before, do not expect polished textures or any modern things... as the others, it was made for msdos DOOM 2 :)

I called it hulahula for some reason.. lol

HULAHULA.rar

11 hours ago, CBM said:

It seems that a much improved version of quakeworld (and maybe prison) could be something I would do well in using in the megawad I am planning :)

@CBM i think you should strongly consider that!

13 minutes ago, Austinado said:

@CBM i think you should strongly consider that!

I have already begun working on retexturing the level, but the remastered version will be for hexen and I think it will be level 2 so that it is the level you enter after the prison escape.

quake world will serve as my introduction to modern doom mapping... doombuilder is so much nicer than what ms dos tools I had and used in the 90s

I Think the map editor I used was called deu back then. It was dos based and had no mouse support.

Map building is so Much easier and intuitive now with doom builder

Ie. I figured out how to use 3D mode for texture alignment right away in doombuilder

REBELDOOM

BY @doomkr

* If you would like to play this WAD, you have to request the author.

We start with a promising first and second map, where you encounter custom monsters (turrets included), custom sounds (weapons/touching items/monsters), custom textures and fun gameplay with secrets if you are up to them. But from there is downhill in every aspect unfortunately.

From Map03 to Map06, there is plenty work to be done, and yes i think this can work well...

Final Remarks:

- For me, from Map03 to Map06, looks like unfinished work. Gives a feeling of amateurish "lets do this..and its done!"

- Cool thing giving the option to have the map in every start of a map.

- Poor choices in textures...and visually poor as well from Map03 to Map06.

- First map Yellow door is not marked...the exit from the maps should be too.

- Custom monsters are cool..not in excess, in this case it was very fine.

- The mod is fun, but some custom sounds can be annoying.

- Too much ammo and plenty of health...

- From Map03 to Map06 monsterplacement should be reviewed.

- This looks like a good idea, but needs work.

- Thank you for the request! Hope to see more.

-----//-----

ILION - MAP01

BY @00_Zombie_00

DOWNLOAD HERE

This, from what i read, is a first map from a megaWAD project.

Must say that visually we have a damn good work of a city. Gameplay...must be reviewed.

Final Remarks:

- Man...the city looks gorgeous! Congratulations!

- After we open the Blue door, monsters are sitting ducks...no challenge here because we have alot ammo...that area should be seriously reviewed.

- I saw the Red Key...but should bebetter presented to the player..stands there alone on top of the building...no protection by monsters..should be reviewed.

- Final fight, no challenge again...since we have the rocket launcher and rockets..the Caco´s and the Mancubus, once again, are sitting ducks.

- You have a nice City, you can do so much more and better with monster placement!

- Thanks for the request!

----- //-----

HULAHULA

BY @CBM

Download Here

Another map from the late 90´s by this mapper, but this time, the map can bite your ass a little bit. We start in a modified DOOM2 Map01 with monsters everywhere, the only thing you can do is run for your life and start from there.

Overall its fun to play, challenging. I did not found the red key...but i did not had too...i stole the blue key from the Cyberdemon and finished it!

Thanks for the request!

-----//-----

Thank you for your criticism, you are right, I must better locate the enemies, defend the red key and make better ambushes.

I thank you very much, you helped me a lot

I'm very thankful for you playing my other maps could you do this final one for me as well?

theyslay.zip

Thanks for the feedback on the old modded map01 map. It was fun seeing you try to beat it :)

The red Key is in a Secret location but it might be to well hidden :)

If I do a remaster of this map then I might move the red key

Edited by CBM

INFESTATION (MegaWAD)

BY @R2card

Download Here

It amazes me that for a first project of this mapper, the choice was a megaWAD. In his post forum he says "I've been working on this MegaWad on and off for about 8 months, it's made with a lot of love!" and sure its a hell of a job. Making 18 maps (16 "normal" + 2 "secret ones"), takes alot of work, and i would not be me if i did not congratulate the time spent, the hard work to try to release a good megaWAD.

The mapper says he enjoys to play this in Brutal Doom, so i did it, because i enjoy Brutal Doom as well, and there is not much opportunity to play maps with that specific gameplay.

About the megaWAD.

- This was a courageous move must i say. The first project i have done was 12 maps, and man they were full of flaws, i did found some in these maps, but nothing to compare to what we have here. 8 months its a good amount of time, to work in maps, in my first project of 12 maps it tooked me if im not mistaken, 2 months, and clearly that was not the best direction. Im talking about me to compare the amount of time for releasing a project, and i have learned that we have to take as long as we need to. At my time i wanted to release as soon as possible, a fair mistake to see the work by others. This case, i feel the mapper was secure to release it, and well done.

- Because i have played and finished this with Brutal Doom (The 16 maps) , i had more action, more fun and probably more difficulty, even if it was in Ultra Violence, but in my opinion, i think the maps are made for Brutal Doom.

- In the overall, a nice job we have here, and only the future can tells us what this mapper is going to bring us from now on. 

Final Remarks:

- First of all congratulations for your first release!

- Second of all congratulations for the courage to release a megaWAD (16 + 2 secret maps).

- I did finish it, but i did not played the 2 secret maps because i dont care much of secrets or secret maps. My objective was to finish the main thing. Glad i have finished, but i must confess that i almost gave up, mainly in the last map.

- I think we have a good progression i the maps, they start as they should, small and effective, and by the end more misterious and puzzle kind.

- The mapper saying that he likes to play the maps in Brutal Doom, made me do it. Thanks, it was fun, felt more fast, more gory...more Brutal.

- I think i have found some issues in MAP04. Got trapped under the space when the lift rises, there is no way out :

Map04trapped02.jpg.0da54327b46f3a33897f228d2c8a89de.jpg

- In the same Map04, if we fell on the platform surrounded by nukage that is not been risen yet, there is no escape out:

Map04trapped01.jpg.a6bf1291b2c281a5bcb0f7067eb4b18f.jpg

- Map11 for me is the hardest one. I hate dark areas, but i understsand its part of the map, to do it like that, to increase difficulty, the final fight in this map is hellish. I had to realize that i had to become allied to the Ciberdemon...because those evil marines...Jesus Christ! 

- In the map13 i had some issues with sound in my recording, sorry about that.

- Map15 i got trapped in the large area before exit...i dont know what the hell was going on there. No possible escape, i thought on quitting, then i tryied again from a older save or beggining and nothing of that happened again.....it was weird.

66.jpg.0cde988b6cd187d292c65ef2e6489e5a.jpg

- Map16, im gonna be honest here and say im little bit disapointed here. The map is called The Devil´s Womb, but the fact is that it takes parts of previous maps of the megaWAD, connect themselves until the final area, that was clearly based of doom2 final map. This is last favourite of mine in the megaWAD. In my opinion the perception that there is a teleport in the center of the blue key room that leads you to the area of the red key is not very accurate. Maybe because it was gory all around, i did not see it and it was driving me crazy. I gave up at an certain point because i did not know where to go, what to do, cheated with "no clip" to try to figure out...and before stopping recording and giving up... i saw it!

I apologize, but still...the orientation to that area for me its not very clear.

55.jpg.a426d0e45a49233cb1529d19ec725fdb.jpg

- In the overall is think is a good megaWAD, and even amazing for a first release. We have fun, we have puzzle, challenge,a story, no restriction with ammo/health...a good first good release! Hope to see what is coming, with this release, we have to expect greats things to come in the future.

- Thank you very much for the request and keep up the good work!

-----//-----

Edited by Austinado

this is a map I am making for the Inception II community mega wad.. it is called simple because it has a tight deadline and I guess I will need as much time as possible to learn doombuilder and to perfect this map

this is just an early version of the map, that I started working on yesterday

I value your input so hopefully you might be able to help in order to determine if anything needs fixing

it is for doom 2 and it is currently just map01, but it will be map 26? in the megawad

as a token of nostalgia I have added my SF signature to the map

it requires Int2-10-5-19.wad in i2resrcs-v1-6-0.zip (the packs resource file)

simple.7z

27 minutes ago, CBM said:

@CBM and can you provide me those files or .zip? I cant find them...you sent only you simple.WAD.

It is Very simple so it Should work in other sourceports as well

It Should actually need to work in the boom engine, so if you could test it in boom also it would be cool

@Austinado

13 hours ago, Austinado said:

Map04trapped02.jpg.0da54327b46f3a33897f228d2c8a89de.jpg

- In the same Map04, if we fell on the platform surrounded by nukage that is not been risen yet, there is no escape out:

Map04trapped01.jpg.a6bf1291b2c281a5bcb0f7067eb4b18f.jpg

- Map11 for me is the hardest one. I hate dark areas, but i understsand its part of the map, to do it like that, to increase difficulty, the final fight in this map is hellish. I had to realize that i had to become allied to the Ciberdemon...because those evil marines...Jesus Christ! 

- Map15 i got trapped in the large area before exit...i dont know what the hell was going on there. No possible escape, i thought on quitting, then i tryied again from a older save or beggining and nothing of that happened again.....it was weird.

66.jpg.0cde988b6cd187d292c65ef2e6489e5a.jpg

- Map16, im gonna be honest here and say im little bit disapointed here. The map is called The Devil´s Womb, but the fact is that it takes parts of previous maps of the megaWAD, connect themselves until the final area, that was clearly based of doom2 final map. This is last favourite of mine in the megaWAD. In my opinion the perception that there is a teleport in the center of the blue key room that leads you to the area of the red key is not very accurate. Maybe because it was gory all around, i did not see it and it was driving me crazy. I gave up at an certain point because i did not know where to go, what to do, cheated with "no clip" to try to figure out...and before stopping recording and giving up... i saw it!

I apologize, but still...the orientation to that area for me its not very clear.

55.jpg.a426d0e45a49233cb1529d19ec725fdb.jpg

I just wanted to go over these, and talk about what I did wrong here, or my thought processes.

The MAP04 problem, I was working to add more to MAP04 and I moved onto another map and forgot to finish this before uploading the updated WAD file.. This is incomplete, I'm sorry about that.

And the other problem on MAP04 problem with the lift was completely overlooked and it never really was something I looked into while testing, thank you for pointing that out.

In regards to MAP11, I never ran into the issue, but there's not supposed to be evil marines there at all! They're meant to be former Humans and Former sergeants, so that's something I'll look into fixing.

For MAP15, defeating the Spider Mastermind lowers the bars, but for some reason she never spawned! Probably due to a demon getting on the platform preventing her from teleporting in. Something else to fix.

And for MAP16, I wanted to revisit old areas as if the whole trip had been a sort of illusion in a way, the Devil keeping you away from her womb. And one last fight through some of the previous maps with the SFLR6_4 texture kind of pointing to that, as if hell is overtaking the areas slowly. I will either revamp the areas or just ditch the idea entirely focusing more on the buildup to the womb itself.

And lastly on MAP16, I think the best thing to do would of been to keep the bars down so the player doesn't run out of the room thinking they have to do something else. An oversight on my part, clearly.

Thank you so much for playing my WAD! I'm happy with the feedback you provided and I will be releasing an updated version with all the fixes and some new additions in a few weeks.

THANKS ONCE AGAIN!

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 6:23 PM, Austinado said:

REBELDOOM

BY @doomkr

* If you would like to play this WAD, you have to request the author.

We start with a promising first and second map, where you encounter custom monsters (turrets included), custom sounds (weapons/touching items/monsters), custom textures and fun gameplay with secrets if you are up to them. But from there is downhill in every aspect unfortunately.

From Map03 to Map06, there is plenty work to be done, and yes i think this can work well...

Final Remarks:

- For me, from Map03 to Map06, looks like unfinished work. Gives a feeling of amateurish "lets do this..and its done!"

- Cool thing giving the option to have the map in every start of a map.

- Poor choices in textures...and visually poor as well from Map03 to Map06.

- First map Yellow door is not marked...the exit from the maps should be too.

- Custom monsters are cool..not in excess, in this case it was very fine.

- The mod is fun, but some custom sounds can be annoying.

- Too much ammo and plenty of health...

- From Map03 to Map06 monsterplacement should be reviewed.

- This looks like a good idea, but needs work.

- Thank you for the request! Hope to see more.

-----//-----

Hey, I must say in my defense the maps came from my head, so I made them like I saw (sorry by say it again but from my head) but thanks a lot by playing them :) The shame were you missed a lot of secrets. BTW yeah you can't understand wad by reason that wad is myself.

On 11/23/2019 at 9:12 PM, doomkr said:

Hey, I must say in my defense the maps came from my head, so I made them like I saw (sorry by say it again but from my head) but thanks a lot by playing them :) The shame were you missed a lot of secrets. BTW yeah you can't understand wad by reason that wad is myself.

@doomkr

You dont have to defend yourself because im not judging you.

You requested for me to play, i did it and i gave my opinion about the WAD only. I respect your work from what it is, and mainly its a good/interesting idea mod. Hope to see more from your work.

Cheers

On 11/23/2019 at 11:43 AM, CBM said:

this is a map I am making for the Inception II community mega wad.. it is called simple because it has a tight deadline and I guess I will need as much time as possible to learn doombuilder and to perfect this map

this is just an early version of the map, that I started working on yesterday

I value your input so hopefully you might be able to help in order to determine if anything needs fixing

it is for doom 2 and it is currently just map01, but it will be map 26? in the megawad

as a token of nostalgia I have added my SF signature to the map

simple.7z

@CBM

I need a little bit more information, what is the theme of the project? I know its boom format, jumping? Crouching? Overlook? 

Its taking me a bit of time to do it because i have been working on nightshifts..but ill get to it.

hello there, I recent asked you to play this same WAD but upon inspection found some errors and fixed them. Sorry about this, but could you play this fixed version instead?

theyslay.zip