Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

I’ve recently updated my 2nd ever map, It was made to replace MAP01 of DOOM 2. I made it with UV in mind but HMP should still work. It’s one level that takes up to 10 minutes to complete, and GZDOOM runs it great. 

LOST BASE

BY @OfficalGeeDee

Download Here

Its a second map from the author, and it is plain simple without much of difficulty.

I can see this as a first map of a long term project to be done. There could be more monsters in the map, health and ammo are balanced and the progression is simple without much to say. There is some detailing in lights within the dark area wich is nice.

Final Remarks:

- Not bad for a second release, but we can see the mapper went to the "secure road", and its nothing wrong with that.

- Rename or name your maps...make original title instead of normal maps of DOOM2.

- We have some traps wich is nice.

- Is a project comming up?

- Lets see if there is more to come...will be waiting here.

- Thanks for the request!

-----//-----

On 12/6/2019 at 1:18 AM, [Vitz!] said:

If you're interested you can play the new version (just ping me and I'll send you). I made sure to give you a special thanks on the new screen I made just for this version: 

@[Vitz!] I would like to play the new version. Thanks for the "Special Thanks" ;)

If you were interested at all, feel free to play any of my maps here.

Perhaps not 'Separare'. I took one look at Sunder while I was making it and it became quite slaughter mappy. :P

3 hours ago, Austinado said:

@[Vitz!] I would like to play the new version. Thanks for the "Special Thanks" ;)

Then be my guest and, if possible, give this topic some love.

SEPARARE

BY @olio

Download Here

Im gonna be honest here, i enjoyed this map. Being a 2nd map, i must congratulate the mapper, and even i thought it was going to be slaughter map, and advised maybe not to play it, i did, and pretty much enjoyed it. Alot of monsters yes, but the player is presented with good balanced ammo and health. Not too much more too say since we have nice progression and a good dose of challenge. Thanks for the request!

-----//-----

*** So...im having a freaking problem with my headsets, the usb does not recognise any more. I tried everything with audio controlers updates (because the usb entrance is fine), ill pobably have to buy a new ones. Until then, ill stop my recordings/stream unfortunately...i dont know how long will it take. Sorry folks...ill try to be fast about it. ***

QUEUE AND FINALIZED LIST UPDATED

p.jpg.6297675965759214298fdf2b4e1148bc.jpg

9 hours ago, Austinado said:

SEPARARE

BY @olio

Download Here

Im gonna be honest here, i enjoyed this map. Being a 2nd map, i must congratulate the mapper, and even i thought it was going to be slaughter map, and advised maybe not to play it, i did, and pretty much enjoyed it. Alot of monsters yes, but the player is presented with good balanced ammo and health. Not too much more too say since we have nice progression and a good dose of challenge. Thanks for the request!

If you got through Separare, rest of my maps will be a breaze for you, my other maps won't take nearly as long to play through.

You were sooo close to finding a few of the secrets and it was really tough to watch. I was willing you on, trying to get into that little blue marked hatch above the boxes, but you didn't remember the little tucked away switch from earlier, 'that didn't do anything'. :P It would have made everything past the red door much easier. That said, I did make that secret a ball buster on purpose.

And that bloody arch-vile! I thought I fixed it so it won't teleport like it did, but I guess I forgot, or whatever I tried didn't work. I might try and go back and fix that up, but I'm working on another map at the moment. I mean, it was a little funny watching you try and find this phantom arch-vile, but that mostly annoyed me to watch, because the map isn't meant to work like that.

I also need to change those green bars to a door, so the revenants can't be so easily cheased and I thought I left a BFG next to the megasphere, but I guess I took it out?

Thanks for playing, glad you enjoyed. I might do another large scale map in the new year, but for now I want to continue to focus on smaller scale stuff.

@olio tomorrow ill pick up your other maps, i had to buy new headsets. Today was my day off, got frustrated and i just did not recorded because of the headsets. Did much enjoyed Separare...looking forward to check the other ones. Cheers!

ALTEPETL / AMPHIPTERE / STARFRIGHT

BY @olio

Download WADs here

ALTEPETL

We got a nice map here, where you can find challenge and close up fights. The progression can be a little bit confusing and there is some misalignments that could be fixed. There is a nukage area that is not a pain sector and it should be for logical reasons. Still, nice map.

PS: I think i misspelled the map name, sorry about that.

Miss.jpg.7c359eaa3821884e884c9319a7010177.jpg

MISS2.jpg.56a6ed94e739702533088270d724320e.jpg

--------

--------

AMPHIPTERE

"UV is for you masochists who enjoy a map that tries to kill you at all times."by olio, and so i did. Masochist or not, this map can bite you a little in your ass, but managable though can be ruff sometimes. You cant stop a little because the enganging fight and monsters are always on your back...the secret here, and yes i will tell, is to finish the Archville, or else you have to pray to the lord for more ammo. Nice map again.

------

------

STARFRIGHT

Well this is the last one, and by the mapper, this is his best one. Did i said Amphiptere can bite your ass? This one can take chunks from your ass then, from the beggining till the end you have to be spared with your ammo. At mid map i had to be very patient with an Arch-ville...and man that gave some work. At the time i had found the plasma gun i did not needed, that secret was well done. For me this is the hardest from all i played from this mapper...a good map.

FINAL GENERAL REMARKS:

- For me, this is the right path. Personally, i enjoy the mapper´s style, the enganging and challenging fights are great and i can only hope to see more and more in the future. In case of small but challenging maps, this mapper is promising.

- Thank you very much for the request, i did much enjoyed!

VALE DO DESESPERO (P.S.T.D.)

BY @[Vitz!]

The mapper gave a look once again to this map after some advices from various playtesters and that was the right choice.

If in the previous release i have taken about 33 minutes to finish the map, this time it was 1 hour and 10 minutes. The difficulty is heightened (and man did i died alot here...) and if previously we had too much ammo and health, this time i had to "fetch" them back to be able to continue the map. The final room obviously got changed, and it was a good thrill. Secrets? Im not much of secrets...found one i think..the same i had before.

Yes, this is the direction needed. Of course alot has to be done visually in mapping design in the future, but im glad to see that the mapper took consideration from various advices to improve the map. Its improved and better map. That´s for sure.

Just to say thank you for the Special thanks mentioned in the credits. I want to say that you always welcome.

Hoping to see more in the future. Cheers.

-----//-----

1 hour ago, Austinado said:

VALE DO DESESPERO (P.S.T.D.)

BY @[Vitz!]

The mapper gave a look once again to this map after some advices from various playtesters and that was the right choice.

If in the previous release i have taken about 33 minutes to finish the map, this time it was 1 hour and 10 minutes. The difficulty is heightened (and man did i died alot here...) and if previously we had too much ammo and health, this time i had to "fetch" them back to be able to continue the map. The final room obviously got changed, and it was a good thrill. Secrets? Im not much of secrets...found one i think..the same i had before.

Yes, this is the direction needed. Of course alot has to be done visually in mapping design in the future, but im glad to see that the mapper took consideration from various advices to improve the map. Its improved and better map. That´s for sure.

Just to say thank you for the Special thanks mentioned in the credits. I want to say that you always welcome.

Hoping to see more in the future. Cheers.

-----//-----

HOW DID THAT ARCHVILE IN THE RED ROOM NOT SEE YOU?! LMAO That never EVER happened to me while doing my playtests. You moved so quick that he didn't even see you. Maybe it's the angle I left him. Maybe I should've left him facing the direction of the button.

Spoiler

Also you just went past a secret megasphere like it wasn't even there! lol

Man I'm seeing so much stuff I've never saw happening in this map that I'm out of words! Great feedback material! I need to be more careful with not letting players trespass some parts and stuff like that. That part where you trespassed is not possible to get to if you're playing with Doom (strict) compatibility which was what this maps was designed for, but I should've added more impassable lines there! At least it's an easy fix and I'm gonna patch that up as soon as I can.

Also visually speaking I'm quite satisfied with this map. I wasn't trying to be too fancy with the visuals (especially due to the size of the map) but you can see some touch ups some areas got (the stove is a lot more detailed for example). Maybe I should try using the ZDoom format next time? This map was made entirely in the Boom format for compatiblity, so a lot of ZDoom's features simply aren't present (because I couldn't include them).

I'll keep using lava ceelings, though... They are so weird, out of this world and demonic that I like them.

Anyway! I'm still watching your video and taking notes! I'm glad you're satisfied with the final version of my map.

P.S.: E agora? Conseguiu sentir o Desespero? lmao

Edited by [Vitz!]

Hey bro. could you check out both maps in this WAD I just released named "The Redux". It's a remake of an old map I made in 2005 name "The Reason". I'd like to hear your take on both considering the fact that they are both the same map but 15 years apart. The first map I just finished today after a week of work, And the second map is the original made in 2005 when I was only 13 (I'm 27 now). I decided to remake this map and actually make it something worth playing (a reboot if you will) using my modern WAD editing knowledge to finally do it justice. I'd love to hear you compare the two. Looking forward to it if you can man. They are very different in appearance but follow generally the same path. I assure you its worth checking out both. Check out the full readme if you'd like more info.

redux.zip

Here's a map I made a bit ago, I'd like to hear feedback, as I'm working on another project and want to not fall into the trappings that I may or may not have fallen into with this one.

I haven't watched your playthroughs yet, but will very soon. I feel big oofs from the errors you highlighted in your post, but I guess that's what happens when I'm the only play tester. :P

Watching playthroughs:

Altepetl - I might have made it a bit too crowded, there was too much potential infighting. I would like to think that gets better on my other maps, but I think it gets worse. Those narrow corridors that you escaped into were meant to be darker than that. I guess you use a bright renderer, because I couldn't see those spectres coming when I tested. Also, you were correct. There is a secret in that room! You walled humped just about everything that doesn't lead to the goods.

Amphiptere - Again, perhaps too many monsters in that middle, nukage section and it gets a bit crowded when the walls come down in the second area, but better than Altepetl. You didn't find any of the secrets though. :P First map of mine where there were all too heavily hidden for you.

Starfright - This one played out better. More inline with what I imagined, when I made it. Tighter, more controlled encounters are what I'm after. Less monsters doesn't mean less hard. I debated so hard about whether or not to put that arch-vile in, mid way. I meant for it to be a punisher for players who fleed from the initial encounter, but it ended up near map breaking. I'd probably refrain from placing it, if I was to do the map over, but I'm still quite happy with it's time-delay release. I liked how you tried to face it down immediately, when you weren't to know it spawned 20 or so seconds later.

That last room after the waterfall was lazy. I would redo completely and just might at some point. Maybe.

Thanks again for the playthroughs and I'll keep you posted regarding future maps!

THE REDUX

BY @Dubbagdarrel

Download Here

The mapper did a good thing and revisited an old map from 2005. Now that im reading his thread here in my forum, the second map, its atually the original one. When playing the second map i was like "I have seen this before". Sorry about that.

We got the surprises of custom sound of weapons and and different vanishing death visuals from the monsters.

The "upgraded" map in comparision with the original, of course its better. The thing is, for the time the original map was done, we have to consider that the mapper did not had the tools or knowledge to do better and it feels unfinished. Still, with 13 years old...congratulations! You did a hell of a job back then.

I did enjoyed much the remake, alot of monsters to kill, a little bit stricked in ammo and health (i managed to go through still), but some evil trickery by the mapper (Area after you get up the platform (after you pass red door in) or after you get the yellow key. There is some poor choices with textures, but at the same time some cool details like snow / sound effects and engaging fighting as well.

Its time Mr. Dubbagdarrel to bet yourself in a project...why not?

More coments in the videos and thank you very much for the request!

PS: Remake nicely done.

-----//-----

Edited by Austinado

HOMEGROWN HELLSPAWN

BY @Egg Boy

Download Here

We know that we have no amateur when there is careness with the level design. This map is a tease for the player, because at the end we are craving for more. I am saying this and i can asure that is not about the difficulty (because is not high or medium-hard), its because we have a feeling this is a start of something. The mapper that currently is working in other project wants some feeback...and from this side i can only say, we want more maps...so get over with that current project you are working for. Not much more to say here, more coments in the video, and thanks for the request.

Final Remarks:

- I got a little disoriented at the end...my fault..the auto-map is there.

- That final area before the final switch to end the map...why so empty?

- More please...just dont give us the tip of the iceberg.

-----//-----

BIG GUNS

Requested by @OfficalKiller

Download Here (needs free registration)

I got this request, without knowing what to encounter, and at the end i found myself playing a slaughter map. Although i dont like slaughter maps, a request is a request, i kept on going and finished it...and must say...i enjoyed it!

I got times that i was little bit low in health, but never in ammo, and probably that was the point that kept me going on. Sure it has a medium difficulty, but i thought the progression was nice.

I find funny the game hints in the text file:

"Conserve shells in the beginning, rocket launcher is your main weapon. ....save often.....run like hell and hide."

Thanks for the request.

------//------

Thank you so much for playing my maps man. Glad you like it so much! And btw, pretty cool that you know the song, Vanessa Mea "Contradanza". My sister used to play her music alot that's how I knew about it, I always thought it had a "battle" feeling to it. Again many thanks and more will come in the future! Thing is I like making individual maps because I have a hard time staying focused on things for long periods so I have tried many many times to make a megawad and they always come out like shit.

@Dubbagdarrel That´s the song!! :D

I have a hard time as well, im working in my 5th WAD, and trying to make a megaWAD at least with 14 or 15 maps. Started about 2 months ago...got 2 maps finished, 3rd needs polish in the future and working now on my 4th map. It will take time, but i want to make it right...at least average. So probably ill release it in the middle or end of 2020. You keep up the good work!

3 hours ago, Austinado said:

@Dubbagdarrel That´s the song!! :D

I have a hard time as well, im working in my 5th WAD, and trying to make a megaWAD at least with 14 or 15 maps. Started about 2 months ago...got 2 maps finished, 3rd needs polish in the future and working now on my 4th map. It will take time, but i want to make it right...at least average. So probably ill release it in the middle or end of 2020. You keep up the good work!

I will definitely play it when it comes out man! I bet you make some good ones. Thanks for all of your support!

9 hours ago, OfficalKiller said:

Here's another one im so happy to see my request approved so yeah i just gonna leave this son of a bitchy ass here (it took me a few months) https://www.wad-archive.com/wad/Plutonia-2

Lol! Plutonia2...alright then, going to put the MegaWAD Queue..must warn that may take me a while.

Edited by Austinado

E2M1 & E2M2

BY @Walter confetti

Download Here

The mapper started these maps in 2017 and finished them a few day ago.

In my view, they are simple and straight foward maps to play reminding the old school in the first one and SIGIL in the second one. I dont have much to say than you have joy on playing these maps and this could be a start of something if the mapper wants to. Fluid and simple...and there is nothing wrong with that.

The little surprise at the end is cool and a little touch of awareness of yourself*.

Thanks for the request!

-----//-----