Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

IN THE DOG HOUSE ( Map09 & Map11 )

By @Arbys550

This is a project that is taking its time with the some personnal touches from the mapper. Wich is nice. The thing here is that there is some notable diferences in the maps, like a padron is not being done. Its like you take the maps and shuffle them into a jar o themes.

Map09

Its a nice map that made me remember the start of the project, its has his fights, but they could have been more harsh ( like the room of the red key, the monster placement could be better and restritions in the room as well), still a good conectivity of the map and maybe the portals could be better signed. Either way we find here the mappers style of things and for me it works fine on fun a gameplay.

Map11

Map11 in the other hand, reminds me a different style, more careness about details (wich is fine) and a more techbase style map.

The map is gorgeous lets be honest here, and i believe the mapper took long time taking care of him. I dont know if it was the fact that i was requested to play this in Hey not too rough but it felt like the sewers zone was lacking in monster like the wide area of yellow key as well. The sewers felt like a minor thing to take care off in terms of gameplay(fighting monsters) and the only thing i think should be more visible is red key. 

The final area is not hard. We have the BFG, those archvilles are more than dead in a first touch and even if you kill the cyberdemon before you enter that final area, the easier it gets. We end the map with way ammo than it should..and health items are not a problem as well. The visuals are pretty great in contrast to the previous maps i have played in this project. My only question here is...was this the result for playing in Hey not too rough?

Nice job man..nice job with this map.

Thanks for the requests!

= You can follow me on TWITCH ( https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_) =

I wanted to tell you, if it's not too late, that I updated my map a bit and replaced the file since I requested a playthrough. It's still basically the same mostly monster distribution changed.

@ViolentBeetle im sorry buddy, its too late. I already recorded and im editing the post in this exact moment to post it in a few moments. Sorry about that. 

BORROWED TIME

BY @ViolentBeetle

Post Forum

Im not a big fan of slaughter maps, but when a request is done, i try my best to show to mapper their work. In post forum, the mapper recognizes that the map is not to harsh, and yes its not. We have to keep in mind that this is his second release, and visually is good for a second time. We see the mapper tries to implement some stuff like the teleportation of monster to the arena, and we have a timing to come the mother spider. Its good things, experimenting mapping stuff.

In terms of the map itself, the weackness can come in terms of power of monster and of course the confined space. The thing about slaughter maps (and im not expert on slaughter or anything else, this is just an opinion) is quantity of monsters (clealry has to bee more than 400 monsters at least (in my opinion) ), diferent areas to fight with. The map actually reminded me a final area from an normal WAD...like a final fight. Still the objective is there, to gain all the keys, and finish the map after destroying  (mostly ) all of them. Its not a hard map, but at the same time i look at this as an experiment of things, and for a second map its very good, for lovers of slaughter (in my opinion) i think its a way too weak map to be called a slaughter map. My opinion is for the mapper check slaughter maps...to see the amount of difficulty that is implemented in them. Its good to observe...because the monster behavior is one the keys to do a challenging slaughter map. So..this is just an opinion, and its very exciting to see new mappers releasing their work. You keep up with the good job you are doing!

Thanks for the request!

PS: I know that somes changes were done before i release this post, still, its an opinion and video recording worthed so the mapper can see his work before his changes.

= You can follow me on TWITCH ( https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_) =

=====//=====

Thank you for your review. It seems you were 1 version behind and managed to grab all essential changes. The only important change was composition of the final wave, since arachnotrons have hard time stepping off the teleporter. It was definitely interesting to see someone else play through, because I'm not that good at Doom myself. And I guess it's a bit presumptious to call that a slaughter map. But I don't think I'm really that interested in "true" slaughter map myself.

I did consider releasing an arch-vile but decided it would be more annoying than challenging. I guess reducing ammo count for plasma and rocket launcher would also improve the experience somewhat.

1 minute ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Thank you for your review. It seems you were 1 version behind and managed to grab all essential changes. The only important change was composition of the final wave, since arachnotrons have hard time stepping off the teleporter. It was definitely interesting to see someone else play through, because I'm not that good at Doom myself. And I guess it's a bit presumptious to call that a slaughter map. But I don't think I'm really that interested in "true" slaughter map myself.

I did consider releasing an arch-vile but decided it would be more annoying than challenging. I guess reducing ammo count for plasma and rocket launcher would also improve the experience somewhat.

Archvilles can be very challenging...good at Doom? Man, we all have our skills more or less! You are doing a great job! Keep on Working!

@Austinado

Thanks as always! I'm half way through the second video now. Jeez I should have told you to play on Hurt Me Plenty, but I thought the map was harder. I think I'm just gonna make Hey, Not Too Rough harder probably. The map is way, WAY harder on UV. For implementing difficulties, I don't like to change the item drops, only the monsters. So that's why you had so much ammo. There was also a cyberdemon in the last fight on House Pet but I decided to take it out the last minute before I sent it to you. I'll put it back in.

About the themes, you are right, it is a mix up, but that's partially on purpose. I wanted each map to be different visually. And if you think about it, map07 was a huge techbase too, so it's not totally different.

Also I should've said House Pet instead of Hey Not Too Rough sorry about that.

This is my first ever public map. It is a "demo" of 1 level for a MegaWad. I have yet to decide on a title for the MegaWad but I will have more updates in the future. Here is the .wad File EDIT: Forgot to mention it requires crouching for one part

"DEMO" OF 1 LEVEL FOR A MEGAWAD

BY @Robot J

Download Here

Its certainly a beggining. The mapper already have seen the video and gave me an answer (in youtube) that i have discovered some issues. Yes there is indeed, most of all, the lack of monsters, progression, doors...well almost everything. There is an ambition to make a megaWAD, well, i advise the mapper to take his time...to study and study mapping. There is tutorials in youtube and here in the forum alot of source as well.

There is nothing wrong to have the ambition to do a megaWAD, and the mapper had the "balls" to put a third of one map in public, but maybe ,would be better to start slow with a WAD of one or two maps. Make it interesting..test skill, and most of all..adquire practice. Still, i respect the ambition and i wish the best of luck for the project.

Thanks for the request!

= You can follow me on TWITCH ( https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_) =

=====//=====

INTO BATTLE

BY @Loomis

Post Forum

This is a first map, and congratulations for that, a nice job. There is careness about lights in the map, there is a solid design of sectors, i loved the fact of the fake exit, and there is experiments with teleports, the use of items like the googles, switches and of course the mapper have a custom sky texture made by him. In the other hand there is normal flaws in the map, that is normal for a first release. Monster placement could have been done better, balance of ammo as well and simplistic progression (blue key). Still..i feel this mapper is promising, probably needs a little bit of study in monster placement, balance ammo and progression. The tecnical things about mapping i think the mapper is getting it. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the request!

=====//=====

HIGH TENSION            Download Here

METASTASIS                  Download Here

INDUSTRIAL SUICIDE      Download Here

BY @19Wraith

I had quite fun playing these maps. The mapper clearly is not an amateur mapping. The prove of that, is the beautifull presentation of his maps. Visually this is way more than solid, and we have to keep in mind that these maps are more than 6 years old and still hold on to the day. Thank you very much for the request!

Facts: The mapper LOVES SpiderMasterMind, maps can be quite challenging, there is not much of health in his maps, in the other hand the mapper provides armor and ammunition.

High Tension

This map was long, starved for health, maybe the lack of rockets made me use alot of the shotgun/super shotgun wich made some of the fights (against the revenants on the top of the pilars) a little bit monotonous and slowing the pace progression. Still the final area is quite fun and map visually is gorgeous.

==//==

Metastasis

Probably this map is the one i liked less. Still a good map. I skipped the fight with the SpiderMastermind after grabbing the yellow key. I piked up and i ranned! The areas look very similar..enter area get the key and switch. I felt the monster placement could be a little bit better....still, i repeat, it is a good map.

Industrial Suicide

For sure my favorite map out of three. We have action in tight spaces, LOVED the corridor where the lights keep going off when we progress and the fight with the revenants and again you are thirsty for health..but at this point i was numb with that. I had much fun with this map!

...The mapper sure loves SpiderMastermind...!

= You can follow me on TWITCH ( https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_) =

=====//=====

Alright @Austinado, here's those two early maps I mentioned a couple days ago. These are only two of ten planned maps, which is why I don't have a project thread yet, but I've been posting pictures of these in the picture threads for about a year now, usually getting positive feedback. But I can only get so much from feedback based on pictures, I want a way to know how other people think they play. These are the first maps I've put anywhere online, so I've never gotten any feedback on gameplay before.

OTEX_Hell_Wad_1-2_EARLY_ACCESS.zip

Stuff like MIDIs/automap names/titlepics has not been set up yet at this early point.

Edited by Snikle

DOOM BUT WITH ED, EDD N´EDDY SOUNDS

BY @MrJohnReviews

Download Here

So i did a simple video here to present the sound MOD done by MrJohnReviews. Nothing too big but it think is enough so we can see the final result. I gave some laughs..but would i use it? Well...nah :D

Thanks for the request!

= You can follow me on TWITCH ( https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_) =

Edited by Austinado

9 hours ago, Austinado said:

INTO BATTLE

BY @Loomis

Post Forum

This is a first map, and congratulations for that, a nice job. There is careness about lights in the map, there is a solid design of sectors, i loved the fact of the fake exit, and there is experiments with teleports, the use of items like the googles, switches and of course the mapper have a custom sky texture made by him. In the other hand there is normal flaws in the map, that is normal for a first release. Monster placement could have been done better, balance of ammo as well and simplistic progression (blue key). Still..i feel this mapper is promising, probably needs a little bit of study in monster placement, balance ammo and progression. The tecnical things about mapping i think the mapper is getting it. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the request!

=====//=====

Thanks for your great analysis! I put some reply here.

I'd like to show you another map - working title "Fail-Safe". This one is more of a prototype that I will likely expand on later, however there's a core idea I would like to have tested. It's a pretty short one with a special mechanic based on a map I saw once but expanded somewhat.

It's important to me that you get into this map blind, as if you were a regular player who found it in the middle of a larger WAD (Which I hope one day to assemble) - I need to test its intuitiveness. The only thing I need to warn you about is that if nothing seems to be happening, that doesn't necessary means level is broken, you might've been too fast. I'm trying to improve this part but not 100% successful.

fail_safe.rar

Edited by ViolentBeetle

HELL_WAD (Map01&Map02)

BY @Snikle

My oh my what we have here? Well ill tell you what...something very promising!

The mapper looks shy...did not release nothing out there until now for playtesting, but i cant tell something very good is coming out with this project. 

First of all we have the beautifull textures of the OTEX (hope the mapper listen what i say in the beggining of the video...its very important) , that i hope will become more of a normal thing in terms of mapping in the future and then the maps look well built and they make the player wanting for more...and that is a good sign. Visually this mapper took good careness, specially in the Map02, and im not saying we will have an astonishing thing here...but it sure looks good and lets hope to see more...i am damn right curious to see what is following up to us with this project.

Map01

In one word...a shock! Because everything looks quiet...we look around, but man when we press that switch...chaos. In my opinion the map is too harsh for a beginning of a project. Everything hurts, the revenants, the shotgunners, the chaingunners....damn even the blood on the floor hurts. Some of the traps are nasty (not very fair) but that´s the element of surprise (i understand) and then we know that the mapper is not there to fuck around with you...its play Doom or die. 

Map well connected a few flaws like some linedefs that should be impassible. We start hardcore and is you fight for your life so help you GOD.

Give the player a Rad suite...a map should be challenging..but dear God. Nice map by the way.

==/==

Map02 

In one word...antonym! Because everything has nothing to do with a previous map. You start calm...yeah there is some traps..but nothing so much confined like the first map, yeah you have more monsters but you also have more ammo and health...yeah you have some blood on the floor that hurtfull but compared to the first  map...its a tiny pool in the map that you dont even notice. Visually this map looks very very very...we can see there is great attention to detail..but the mapper have to be carefull about that...because if starts with that kind of bar..you will have to keep it that high. Loved the map...not harsh...but it has the quite amount of medium light of challenge. 

- More comments in the video;

- Thank you very much for the request and hope everything runs right with the project!

=====//=====

FAIL SAFE 

BY @ViolentBeetle

Download Here

I like it. At my first try in the recording i was like...WTF is going on here? But then...i thought about the other map i played wich the mapper says that in 2 minutes "The SpiderMastermind will show up..

I thought the map has something to do with timing and only the mapper can confirm that to me. After i thought i figured out...i had to be fast, adjust some tactics to reach the end of the map. Yeah the mapper is right...the map is short, but you feel a little bit of adrenaline in playing it. In my opinion this is a big yes if the mapper is thinking to include this in his project.

Thank you very much for the request...this was really a nice one!

= You can follow me on TWITCH ( https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_) =

=====//=====

I'm glad you like the idea. I will probably remodel the blue and nukage room for the final version. You were correct that you are on timer, however the timer stops when you close all 3 blast doors. The final door also opens once the timer runs out. I am trying to manipulate the whole system to actually open when the last blast door is sealed, but I am not successful.

If I were using more sophisticated port I could probably communicate this whole idea better, but I'm chose to only use classic Doom 2 format and not Boom or anything like this, so my scripting is limited. Did you notice flashing red lights on each door's side (And on exit marker) turning blue once you closed the door? I could probably create similar lights across the central room, filling up one by one marking how much time you have left.

@ViolentBeetle its indeed a nice concept of the thing...i did saw red lights flashing and it was a cool touch.noticed that when i pressed a switch a wall came down...like a vent with the symbol of venom i supose...I dont even know how to put those kind of "timers" in things. That´s pretty neat! 

Edited by Austinado

3 hours ago, Austinado said:

HELL_WAD (Map01&Map02)

BY @Snikle

=====//=====

Thanks for your detailed playthrough! I enjoyed watching this very much, and I'm definitely going to heed your advice in improving these two, and keeping some of the gameplay things you mentioned in mind as I make the other 8 maps. As for map 1, I added 3 radsuits, a lot of extra health, a lot of extra ammo, a backpack, and a Berserk in case there's still a health emergency after everything else. Also fixed those linedefs (because they did need to be impassable), and softened that whole trap some. (Replaced the 4 Sergeants with Former Humans, and the two Chaingunners with Sergeants). I don't want to move this one to a later slot, simply because it is the first map made and is much smaller and more inconsistent in theme than the later ones (For instance, map 2 has about 10k more linedefs than map 1), but hopefully all these extra items will ease it up some. 

Map 2 was much less troublesome for you, I saw. I will change the last room to lock the player in, that was something I had planned but forgot to do. I'll have it unlock again after going through the open door right before the exit, in case a player wants to go back out to the main areas to find secrets or get items before exiting.

Thanks for all your advice and kind words! Expect to get the other maps in the set as I finish them as well!

Edited by Snikle

20 hours ago, Austinado said:

HIGH TENSION            Download Here

METASTASIS                  Download Here

INDUSTRIAL SUICIDE      Download Here

BY @19Wraith

I had quite fun playing these maps. The mapper clearly is not an amateur mapping. The prove of that, is the beautifull presentation of his maps. Visually this is way more than solid, and we have to keep in mind that these maps are more than 6 years old and still hold on to the day. Thank you very much for the request!

Facts: The mapper LOVES SpiderMasterMind, maps can be quite challenging, there is not much of health in his maps, in the other hand the mapper provides armor and ammunition.

High Tension

This map was long, starved for health, maybe the lack of rockets made me use alot of the shotgun/super shotgun wich made some of the fights (against the revenants on the top of the pilars) a little bit monotonous and slowing the pace progression. Still the final area is quite fun and map visually is gorgeous.

==//==

Metastasis

Probably this map is the one i liked less. Still a good map. I skipped the fight with the SpiderMastermind after grabbing the yellow key. I piked up and i ranned! The areas look very similar..enter area get the key and switch. I felt the monster placement could be a little bit better....still, i repeat, it is a good map.

Industrial Suicide

For sure my favorite map out of three. We have action in tight spaces, LOVED the corridor where the lights keep going off when we progress and the fight with the revenants and again you are thirsty for health..but at this point i was numb with that. I had much fun with this map!

...The mapper sure loves SpiderMastermind...!

=====//=====

Hey, i wasnt expecting so soon your review. I wonder why you didnt take the blues armor in the begging of high tension? It would have helped you a lot.

Anyway thank you from your time, i appreciate you liked my work 😄

I will give you 3 more of my wads to see you playing them, just wait a few days before that so you dont have to play so many wads in so short time from me.

Have a good day!

I've got another one for you. But this time it's not my map, it's my twin brother's. He wanted me to give it to you to test. It's a single map in the map01 slot, it requires gzdoom to play, no jumping or crouching. I'd say it's a medium difficulty, not too hard for the average doom player. Also it's a techbase map.

NerveCenter.zip