Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

43 minutes ago, Austinado said:

PROCESSING PLANT

BY @MAN_WITH_GUN

Download Here

This mapper has his style of mapping. Pleasing to the eye, its like a baker that gathers oldschool vanilla and perfects it until its good to go. The map has great connection all over the place, monster encount can be harsh, but i think,  the beggining its the vital point. Dont stop and work from there, that is what i did, and it worked for me.

We smell an experienced mapper all over the place. Its simple, and at the same time, you can explore for secrets with the help of computer aid. For some time that i know his work...and i can asure, you cant go wrong when this mapper releases a map.

Thanks alot for the request! Hope to see more...and more...and more!

Well, here I have nothing to add except: Thanks for the feedback! Speedmaps are much easier to do than the main projects. (This is about my laziness in mapping)
I can’t say anything about the next request, I plan to make a map for the Modest Mapping Challenge if there are free slots for me. There is also some motivation to continue one of the main projects, but this is also a problematic, because I still need to finish the montage.

So it's all secretive like the rocket launcher behind the red door, because I appear as suddenly as I disappear. See you soon, cheers 🍻

18 hours ago, Austinado said:

MONSTER FINAL (Incomplete)

BY @RUBENEITOR

Download Here

I actually dont know how many maps there are in this WAD, mainly because we get in the first one and its a slaughter one with alot of things that in my opinion alot of elements are missing.

There is flaws like mapping desing, ammo/health balance, mapping design...i dont know if this is a first release (probably its not) but not being able backtrack, try to figur out a diferent path is critical here...and for me was fatal. It looked like a troll map when you open a door and have more than 10 arch-villes against you, and no BFG...no cover...no invulnerability sphere, no soulsphere...no ammo...and the  Evanescence music choice felt quite weird. 

In my opinion, the mapper has to review slaughter maps to check out how everything works...and follow those steps. 

Thanks for the request.

STARTS AT 2:30:19

Follow me on Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_)

Hey thx for playing, to be honest i though the first secret bfg was a so easy secret to find was in the spawn, so i though everyone would be able to get it and yeah definitly without it that vile part is imposible this map is thinking for use the bfg in the begining.

Two episodes, each 80-120mins long. Play in GZDoom with using the Doom II iwad, dynamic lights enabled and the sector light mode set to dark or doom.

On 7/15/2020 at 1:48 PM, Austinado said:

KINDA SCARY MOD

BY @GoosebumpsFan

Post Forum

Im gonna be honest here (like i always am), i think the mapper is too much ambitious. I assume that this is not a first release (and from the post forum, its a work in progress) but we can feel that alot of work has to be done. Sure custom monsters, custom sound and custom weapons can be fun...but for me it some cases it was not the best choices. 

You have the pistol and when you are out of bullets...you cant use it anymore, there is no more ammo for it (only for chainguns). You get the shotgun and when out of ammo you cant use it anymore...the shells provided afterwords on the map(s) are for the SSG...

Map 01 and map02 is very similar...the design is basic..and there is rooms that if you dont get there...they will be not missed..they have no purpose.

Overall...i personally would advise to map more...simple things are needed to achieve...monster placement...gameplay...progression is basic and straight foward. These are important things to "be average" at least so the mapper can give a step foward to...a mod. But..this is only an opinion of course. A mod gives alot of work...and there is alot to know to make it good. Still, i admire the ambitious road of this mapper...but in my opinion...there are more important things to learn.

Thanks for the request and keep up the hard work...because it is an hard work. Good luck!

STARTS AT 13:10

You can press alt fire to reload the pistol when you are out of bullets, same with the shotgun.

I was going to rip the voodoo/swamp music from Monkey Island 2

but i think that is copyrighted

Keep in mind that this is my first mod, but thanks for the feedback :)

So I have a speedmap and it's way better than most of Attack On Seitis I think. So the name is Mysterious Hellish Castle, and it's one map for Doom 1 (Its on E1M8).

Here's the link to it http://dare-game.net/Roebloz/mysterycastle.wad

It should be on idgames too pretty soon. Also here's some screenshots. (ping me like last time)

AnyConv.com__DOOM01.png

AnyConv.com__DOOM03.png

AnyConv.com__DOOM04.png

DOOM07.png

HELL FRONTIER (MAP05/06/07)

BY @ViolentBeetle

Download Here

Honestly ViolentBeetle is becoming better and better. This project just gives us fun and challenge...what a damn improvement and i am so glad and excited to see where this is going. Smart maps, fun progression and gameplay. I actually dont have much more to say than...this is the right direction, and who ever plays these maps...will feel adrenaline! Nice going and hope to see more and more in the future. I had the mapper on stream, so any thoughts about the maps and opinions, were given there. Thanks for the request!

STARTS AT 9:46

THE DESCENT OF EVIL: FIRST STRIKE

BY @TOVA

Post Forum

We have two maps that surely need great review on this project. I had the mapper on stream, he was given several opinions from everyone who felt they had to. Its not easy to start mapping, to give the ideas, to make something work at first. Critique can be harsh but at the same time is good for a mapper to learn and retry and make it better. We had some (normal) issues from starters...monster placement, progression of the map, design (some cute atmosphere of W3d), missalignments...a little of everything. The main advice i give among the others...is never give up...and for sure the mapper can do better. I know for sure that this mapper started to look for some stuff to improve...and knowing that, makes the video recording and session more than worth it. Thanks for the request and keep on working!

STARTS AT 2:14:08

I just recently released a largish update to a work in progress WAD I've been working on since April. It isn't done yet, but you can beat it without impairment! This is technically my first map, but since I've been working on it since April, and considering that I've released 5 maps since then I've stopped throwing around 'first WAD' as much whenever I bring this map up. All the information you need is provided within the link, but to be brief: the map should take around 40 minutes for an FDA, there is an unfinished area or two (these will be rather obvious) and GZDoom is the recommended port.

Any feedback or insight you are able to provide will be wonderful! 

DOOM ANGELS MOD + MAP01/02 COMMUNITY CHEST 4

BY @RomDump

Download Here

So the main thing here is the modification of Doom2 monsters (not all of them because its a work in progress) for anime characters (i believe) and....it works. They are smaller, they are "cute" but maybe...just maybe the sounds they make when they are hurt can be a little...how i say this...erotic? It might feel a little bit akward...the "moaning" i mean...but does it work? Well...for me i think it works. It would be interesting to see modifications on the weapons as well...but being an work in progress, i guess we will have to wait so see what is going to come next. It surely was a surprise for everyone on stream...me as well. Thanks for the request! 

STARTS AT 2:22:33

Edited by Austinado

MONSTER JAIL MAYHEN

BY @Clippy

Post Forum

Ahhh...a Clippy´s map is synonym of fun gameplay and original content in my point of view. Sure, i got a little bit disoriented nearly the end, but progression is quite linear, it feels actually a monster Jail facility. I think probably the final fight on the outdoors could be a little bit more challenging...still, inside the facility we have fun going step by step with smart upgrading lifts and no problem with the balance of the  whole thing . I say its a fun map, and would play it anytime...just for fun. Nice job and thanks for the request.

STARTS AT 11:21

BRIGHT FALLS (HERETIC MAP)

BY @Adahn

Post Forum

Tough DoomWorld is mainly Doom WADs and Doom projects, its nice to see (in my opinion) some Heretic WADs...i think we could have more of them, since i believe that Heretic gameplay can be alot of fun to play.

This map can be hard sometimes, but i probably did a big mistake passing by the DragonsClaw weapon, so it made my gameplay harder than it sould have been. The desing is pretty solid, but in my point of view, its a mistake to give an open view and sufficient room for the player to fit...and make it impassible. I  my opinion, the mapper should put there a mid texture there...bars would be fine i guess.

Still, litlle by little the progression is not very hard...but getting the main weapons for harder monsters can be quite of a chore. Its managable...but maybe a medium hard. I know from a fact that it was intended to be challenging. We have some nice crushers to work on our behalf and we can escape an "final" fight to end the map. I guess at the end, i´ve got the felling for more...and personally...i would like to see more projects like these with more maps here on the forum. Overall...challenging and fun to play. Would like to see more has i said. Thanks for the request!

STARTS AT 1:02:48

THE THING THAT SLITHERS

BY @DragonsForLunch

Post Forum

We have nice maps here. Only three maps, but there is careness with lightning, the progression is fluid, gameplay can be challenging and the only thing that probably could be reviewed is the the textures choices for steps (but for me that is a minor thing). Do love the thing about normal tech and teleport to the same hell tech. I think everything works well, and for me its a damn yes to be played. Nice job and thanks alot for the request. 

STARTS AT 2:55:10

PHOBOS ABANDONED OUTPOST (PART02)

BY @PeterMoro

dojOWTR.jpg

Post Forum

I had played Part01 and here it is Part02. I have seen JohnSuitepee playing some parts of this 2ndpart...and at my time of request, there was an update done. I think Peter Moro is an Tech Doom Architect and Jesus Christ what a hell of a job he has done here. Im amazed with what mappers can do with design, and i surelly wish to reach this kind of level someday. Amazing job from the mapper i tell youl.

I played this map in two parts, and the main reason is because this map, is big....and when i mean big....i mean LAAAAAArrrrrGGeeeee big.

There is nothing wrong to make big and large maps, but the balance of everything (monsters placement, health and ammo items, progression) can be an harsh thing to be done.

At the time of playing this, i had played some maps before, i was tired...and the mood was not the same like it was at the time i started the stream. I might have been a little bit harsh on the critique about health balance on the map (at the first part of recording the video) but it was what i felt. We start with an open area, alot of hitscanners to deal with...and i felt health starvation wich lead me to a bit of frustration. This update, i think the monsters placement was done way better (from what i had seen from JohnSuitepee´s Stream at the time).

The 2nd part of the video (the continuation) inside the facility, i think things got better and better in terms of health and ammo balance, and i got myself a little bit more confortable on the gameplay. At the end facing the IOS (wich in my opinion its not a hard fight) we feel everything is quite acomplished. Without a doubt that this only map could have been cutted in half...

I must say this is a good mapper...maybe a little ambitious on size of maps...but (very) good in mapping design. I sure want to see more (maybe in minor map scale) and i do hope to see more in the future. Thanks alot for the request!   

1ST PART STARTS AT 3:57:05

2ND PART STARTS AT 11:33

AKOOPASOUP - FREE LYLE

BY @Killerratte

dojOWTR.jpg

Post Forum

Fun and a nice story.

This was quite a surprise for me. I dont care much about story/plot on a Doom WAD/Map....but i got convinced to save LYLE...my pet Turtle!

The map design is pretty solid, some custom monsters to give a little different monster encounter fights and everything goes nicelly with challenge enough to keep you wired. These maps have quality in my opinion and for sure, they are recommended to have a great time....

I sure saved LYLE...what are you guys waiting for???

STARTS AT 1:55:58

SCOURGE OF LEVIATHAN

BY Pełzająca Część Twarzy

dojOWTR.jpg

Post Forum

"General difficulty level is quite high, if you ask me, but of course is balanced, again if you ask me. So if WADs like Plutonia were too difficult for you, you should consider playing on difficulty other than UV."

It will bite your ass...and you will die. I can asure that. 

For me, the monster placement is done quite fine, the challenge is quiiiiiite fine...and in terms of design for instance, i loved the church, the cemetery, the final boss looks cool.

Its an hard map, where you keep on trying and trying until you get passed by. In my part, if i had not embraced the ideas of two viewers on my stream, i think i would still be playing the final fight till now...nicely done map and for me, the music was a noice choice. You guys want something challenging? Go for it!

STARTS AT 4:34:26

7 minutes ago, Austinado said:

MONSTER JAIL MAYHEN

BY @Clippy

Post Forum

Ahhh...a Clippy´s map is synonym of fun gameplay and original content in my point of view. Sure, i got a little bit disoriented nearly the end, but progression is quite linear, it feels actually a monster Jail facility. I think probably the final fight on the outdoors could be a little bit more challenging...still, inside the facility we have fun going step by step with smart upgrading lifts and no problem with the balance of the  whole thing . I say its a fun map, and would play it anytime...just for fun. Nice job and thanks for the request.

STARTS AT 11:21

Thanks buddy. Glad u had fun. Love your vids

Just needed two cyberdemons 😜

Tyrannical_Fortress.zip This is a map I made over the course of a few days and I'd like some feedback on it. Play through zdoom compatible ports that can use conveyor belts. Use plutonia settings. This isn't a very long map. It's pretty easy as well in my opinion. Play on ultraviolence.

15 hours ago, Austinado said:

Post Forum

"General difficulty level is quite high, if you ask me, but of course is balanced, again if you ask me. So if WADs like Plutonia were too difficult for you, you should consider playing on difficulty other than UV."

It will bite your ass...and you will die. I can asure that. 

For me, the monster placement is done quite fine, the challenge is quiiiiiite fine...and in terms of design for instance, i loved the church, the cemetery, the final boss looks cool.

Its an hard map, where you keep on trying and trying until you get passed by. In my part, if i had not embraced the ideas of two viewers on my stream, i think i would still be playing the final fight till now...nicely done map and for me, the music was a noice choice. You guys want something challenging? Go for it!

Hey! It was fantastic to see your "experience" xD
It's pain me a little that it's not clear enough what to do with final boss. Archvile jump it's a speedrunning strategy, not the original way. Intended way is to shooting a fleshy columns inside his mouth, after few times you can enter his jaw and finish level. But only clue was thous two columns that you have to shoot to pass by them. When you decide to retry this fight from the beginning, I was hoping you connect the facts but apparently it's not clear enough, so that on me. When you do it that way is actually quite easy to beat.
Anyways about some other parts:
In a church fight, intend way was to fight Cacodemons inside. When you defeat them inside is much more easy to kill Archviles just by popping from the door. Escape actually make this fight harder and much more tedious
Room with chaingunner and revenants (6:34:36). Windows with invisible walls was put there to show you that's are lots of chaingunners there and that Partial Invisibility will be very needed. Unfortunately you wasted Invisibliity and save game after that so this room become a bitch to get through. 

So, happy you manage to get through whole thing, I can clearly see it wasn't easy for you xD

I changed my mind about request, for now, anyway. It's better experineced as part of the whole wad. But I don't think I can delete my posts.

Edited by ViolentBeetle

On 7/11/2020 at 2:01 AM, GoosebumpsFan said:

Just trying to be helpful here, but you have texture filtering on, zdoom does that by default, and if you want the sprites to look their best, I would turn it off.

The setting is in OPTIONS>Display Options>Texture Options>Texture Filter Mode, and turn that to "none" and the sprites look more crisp.

See your screenshot and mine:

Screenshot_Doom_20200710_230041.png

I've realized that it is a GZDoom thing and not a ZDoom thing.

DOUBLE BARREL SOLVES EVERYTHING

BY @Toilet_Wine_Connoisseur

Download Here

I started this in UV...it was suposed to be played on HMP. These is the kind of thing that is important to inform the player at times of request. Like someone said on stream "If this was polished, it would not be a bad map actually.." and i agree with that. 

We find some flaws during the map, such as missing textures, linedefs that can be decieved (and breaks the map with no escape of progression), there could be some better texture choices (steps, some ceiling textures missing as well) and maybe better clearance about prgression vital points. In my opinion, yes it needs polishing and this mostly happens when the mapper dont test the map himself. 

Thanks for the request.

STARTS AT 9:26