Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

SOUNDLESS MOUND

BY @Marisa Kirisame

Download Here

I dont know much about Marisa, what i know is this is someone who knows what she is doing. In this case (because i saw Johnsuitepee stream about a work in progress very nice SWWM GZ) i thought i was a Doom Wad, but actually its a Horror survival map wich most of the elements are there. Creepy sounds, dark surronds, a story with progression and exploration. To be honest i never played Silent Hill (this is the theme inspired) but i think for the fans this is going to be a good thing. Sure, because i like Doom...i felt maybe the monsters could have more power (well i played in normal, and that might be a difference) since i easily defeated them with the knife (and the pistol felt very nice) and because exploration was a thing to be done, i felt a little bored. I was expecting more action, but the map is meant to be played more in a horror style kind of way than fps action fluidness.

I almost gave up, but i have finished it . Found the key for the 3rd floor by accident, solved the second part of level sectors by luck (i was actually trying to get the timings right). Its not a hard map...just follow the tips from the papers left behind... the room before the final sector (the one with the doors levitating) is actually pretty cool.

I am curious about this mapper...maybe she haves more maps (and i mean DOOM WADs) out there...

This map was a 1st place winner of Joel's Doom Mapping Contest II...congratulations for that! 

It might not be my thing...but i think that for those who enjoys Horror survival maps you should try it!

Thanks alot for the request...and..what more you have under the sleeve missy?

STARTS AT 10:59

Follow me on Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_)

Edited by Austinado

DOOMED

BY @MasterExploder666

Download Here

The only information i had here was: Two small maps, play in UV.

I believe that this is probably a first release, and the maps are pretty much basic maps.

I was asked to play in UV, and i found the gameplay so unchallenging that i did not saved even...once.

The main problem here is monster placement. Basically you open a door..and there is 3 or 4 monsters to kill...and so on and so on. Progression is straight foward. Yes you see a Blue door that requires a blue key...but probably in the next sector or two sectors ahead..there she is...the blue key.

I think the mapper understands what i am trying to say here...study monsters placement...study map progression...and keep on working. If this is a first release, congratulations. Hope to see more, and i would not mind to play this map again....polished. Thanks for the request!

STARTS AT  1:53:59

3 minutes ago, Austinado said:

- Gameplay: Crouch? OverLook? Jump?

ONaEhmI.jpg

Speaking of which, you should not do such things as it is a vanilla WAD.

Hey Austinado. Its been a while. Took me a while to make another map. But here you go. Hope you have fun with it!

WAVES OF THE UNDEAD (Incomplete)

BY @AtticTelephone

Post Forum

This megaWAD could be fine if you are a speedrunner.

If you are new mapper, and at the second release you want deliver an MegaWAD, i do not expect it to be perfect, and in this case, its way below iof average. Im not trying to be harsh here, but i tend to be honest when i play and comment about a WAD. I keep the phrase...i prefer to play one small map, but a well done map than play a full megawad presented like this. I did not finished it because i got bored with all the issues encountering during gameplay. You can make maps hard...challenging...but they need to be at least fair to the player

FINAL REMARKS

- I believe this was the first megaWAD release of the mapper...so congratulations...greedy...but congratulations anyways;

- Maps are small, its fine them being like that;

- Some maps are unfair and boring...the thing is...its not fun to shoot a hellknight with a shotgun...now imagine yourself surronded of hellKnights with...a pistol. Its a no no;

- Some maps nearly dont have any health....ammo and health balance is poor. Should be reviewed.

- Gameplay can be a chore...give baddies with high power? Well give the player high power weapons...

- This brings up monster placement...sometimes its challenging...sometimes makes no sense...Should be reviewed.

- I think mainly...the mapper had alot of ideas...it would been better to do 5 or 6 maps...with time.

- Textures is another thing to be reviewed;

- Like i said, there is some interesting things in some maps, but overall, alot of maps looks alike in terms of design. Progression is very straight foward (there is even setors that if we dont enter and kill monsters..it does not matter);

- Never give up on mapping...hope to see more...but with improvment. Study the main aspects to make a map...make a map with those aspects..practice..and Start from there.

- Thanks for the request!

STARTS AT 11:27

Follow me on Twitch ( https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_)

Please try mine. Play map 01 only (because it's the only available map so far lol). Take around 15-20 minutes to complete. It's relatively hard, i hope you're being okay with that. Play on any difficulty, it doesn't matter.

MBF compatible, use Doom 2 as the IWAD. Use GZDoom as the sourcport

No jump, crouching, and free look.

Download link :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0fldrd49yb8i5d/Eleven Zero.wad?dl=0

Thanks!

Edited by Dranyan

Hiya - Been mapping basically since COVID started, so not sure how good these are. I have four for you to try: A set of three linked that I intend to make into a miniwad:

and a Stonehenge-inspired small arena style thing:

Have fun!

** EDIT **

reqs should be in referenced posts, but just in case:

- Designed for GZDoom

- IWAD: doom2.wad

- designed for UV, but minimal thing etc. difficulty flagging

- Hellbreach maps 30-60 mins I guess (lots of exploring needed)

- Belials Ruin - 15 mins?

- freelook recommended

- jumping not needed

Edited by smeghammer

hello Austinado :D

I have a map I made a few months ago and I would like your feedback. This map is more about investigating and I spend more time on the details. All the information is in the post.

Hello, I invite you to see and play my maps and give me a feedback, that would help me a lot to improve and continue the development of the wad. 

Going To hell is a wad designed to play with the Iwad Doom2, you can use the Zdoom or Zandronum port to play it. It consists of a wad with three different themes, starting with tech-base followed by hell and finally castle. So far I have 13 completed maps (10 tech-base, 3 Hell maps) Below I add some Screenshots:

Spoiler

MAP01
Screenshot-Doom-20200724-143712.png

MAP02
Screenshot-Doom-20200724-143743.png

MAP03
Screenshot-Doom-20200724-143907.png

MAP04
Screenshot-Doom-20200724-143947.png

MAP05
Screenshot-Doom-20200724-144017.png

MAP06
Screenshot-Doom-20200724-144056.png

MAP07
Screenshot-Doom-20200724-144205.png

MAP08 
Screenshot-Doom-20200724-144240.png

MAP09
Screenshot-Doom-20200724-144332.png

MAP10
Screenshot-Doom-20200724-144400.png

MAP11
Screenshot-Doom-20200724-144447.png

MAP12
Screenshot-Doom-20200724-144510.png

MAP13
Screenshot-Doom-20200724-144527.png

MAP14 *Do not play this one, it's unfinished*
Screenshot-Doom-20200724-144936.png

At the moment it is playable with "Ultra Violence" and "Hurt me plenty".

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tw30nkq5ws06pfl/GTH_TEST_13.wad?dl=0

Thank you, I hope you like it!

On 7/24/2020 at 12:43 AM, Dranyan said:

Please try mine. Play map 01 only (because it's the only available map so far lol). Take around 15-20 minutes to complete. It's relatively hard, i hope you're being okay with that. Play on any difficulty, it doesn't matter.

MBF compatible, use Doom 2 as the IWAD.

Download link :

Thanks!

Sorry sir. I just noticed there was a minor bug on my map. Here i fixed it already :

I also improved the visual a little bit. It also supports easy and medium difficulty now.

UNFAMILIAR (Episodes I & II)

BY @Chief Smokey

Post Forum

dojOWTR.jpg

Pretty nice design, Challenging gameplay and exciting!

The request was actually only Ep2, but from my mistake i played Ep1 first. Oh well...it was a lovely mistake must i say.

With a damn solid design, nice choice of textures, i am glad that the mappper was on stream at the time i was playing this project. Quality on mostly every aspect, we have some addons like sound effects from firing weapons as well the firing from the monsters, meticulous details on the design, outdoor areas, and the good feeling of techbase increasing to a state of hell.

I got the opportunity to show some of less good things that i think it could be improved/fixed like repetable switches that actually is one way trigger, some maps with lack of health or ammo (this might cause high difficulty on gameplay where you have to be dependant of the chainsaw), making Beseark mandatory for progression or just not moving away from the normal path (it should optional...and instead making it an object mandatory for progression, put it aside of a switch.). I believe that the red key on E1M1 its in a secret sector...and that should not (in my opinion) be done like that (if affects progression, but in this case...it doesnt). The final fight on the last map of the second episode is surely a disapointment...but the mapper was on stream and heard all the opinions from me and the viewers about that.

This is an exciting project...and i know from the developer, that episode 3 is meant to be release at the end of this year or in the beggining of the next year.

Exciting must i repeat...and in my opinion a hell of a job!...congratulations and thanks for the request!

More comments during the videos.

PART 01 STARTS AT 20:06

PART02 (TWO FINAL MAPS FROM EP2) STARTS AT 11:53

Follow me on Twitch  ( https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_)

=====//=====

MISTERIOUS HELLISH CASTLE (E1M8)

BY @Roebloz

Download Here

This was a speedmap wich brings us an interesting beggining with some trial and errors, some hellish hellish castle environment and a final area that works...for a speedmap (in my opinion). The last area is not a hard area if you dont plan to be a tree stuck in the middle of the sector. The reality is that the monsters infight makes more of the work by then, and its pretty simple since we have good firepower, health and ammo. Overall is pretty decent, but not challenging enough to make you rip your hair  out of your head. Thanks for the request! 

STARTS AT 11:03

METASTASIS

BY @BluePineapple72

Post Forum

This map started with the pandemic, and we can see alot of work done and unfinished here. Its clearly a work in progress, but, with some nice ideas, interesting fighting encounters but because its still a work in progress, the progression might be a little bit confusing. We had the mapper during the stream where we could give some ideas, talk about it and overall i think when finished...i will have an very interesting map to play!

Curious to see what the final product will come out of here! Keep up the good work and thanks for the request!

STARTS AT 35:08

OUTBREAK (Incomplete)

BY @19Wraith

Download Here

This map is clearly one of the first maps from 19wraith. I believe that because the diference of quality, gameplay, design...well everything, looks way distance from other maps i have played.

This map is the great example of what not to do like fighting monsters with way less fire power, long and wide corridors (sometimes very empty)with no detail, similar design of sectors during progression, lack of health..ammo..you name it.

I have nothing to say about this since i know for instance that this mapper is in a way higher level that this map shows us. Its something that was part of a process where he has been...and now its only one of the footsteps he has done to reach the point where he is now: A solid vanilla arquitech mapper.

Thanks for the request!

PS: Jesus Christ buddy!

STARTS AT 1:49:39

NERVE CENTER (MAP02) (Incomplete)

BY @Crazyhorse1969

Download Here

Sadly this map could not be played or finnished. I got the wrong information of mapslot for starters (its slot03, not 02), and skill level probably is HMP since in UV is nearly impossible with pistol start. 

After a hard start and getting the yellow skull key...i got no idea where progression would be. We are trapped and there is no switch for progression...nothing to indicates where to go. So...that was it...and a little bit sad since the map looked interesting. Oh well.

STARTS AT 2:43:02

Austinado, I sent you the wrong map. The one you got was the one I was working on at the time, so it was the wrong map plus the start was in the wrong place. I'll send you the right one once I make the dropbox.

Can you play my WAD?

Port: GZDoom, hardware rendering, it will not work in software mode.

Jumping/crouching: you don’t need them, you can collect all items and complete the level without jumping or crouching – so it's a matter of personal preference.

Freelook: you need it.

IWAD: Doom 2.

Skill Level: Any, there is one difficulty setting

Number of maps: One

Gameplay Length: 10-15 minutes

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bv7fkyqlkjdblv7/KSHETRAKEEP.wad?dl=0

KSHETRAKEEP.rar

Edited by Megabeholder

@Crazyhorse1969 give all the informations:

- Source port;

- IWAD;

- Skill Level; 

- How Many maps?

- Gameplay Length?

5 hours ago, Austinado said:

@Crazyhorse1969 give all the informations:

- Source port;

- IWAD;

- Skill Level; 

- How Many maps?

- Gameplay Length?

Source Port is GZDoom, I wad is Doom 2, I would say you can probably handle Ultraviolence, it's not too hard. The map is in slot 2, you have played and tested the map in slot 1 already. No crouch or jump, it's pretty long and bigger than my other map, I would say maybe 40 minutes if you take your time with it. It's a little more open ended than the first.

Here is a map I made from boredom.

Source Port: PrBoom+ (complevel 2)

IWAD: Doom 2

Skill Level: UV

How many maps?: just one.

Gameplay: No Freelook, Crouch and Jump.

Gameplay length: maybe 2-5 minutes

NERVE CENTER - MAP02 (The real map this time)

BY @Crazyhorse1969

Download Here

So we have here the real map this time, and its a cool fun map to be played. Quite large with alot of options to explore instead of going on in a linear progression. I liked that. The mapper in my opinion did a god job here with some fun encounters, some expected traps after getting items like keys or soulspheres. Its a large map but at the same time, with good monster placement we have fun not noticing the time passing by. Not much thing to say that we have good stuff here. Its only the 2nd map of the project...its taking its time, and i believe its well worth to wait for. Excited to see what is coming next...just hope that it will be soon. Thanks for the request and keep up the good work!

STARTS AT 13:03

You can follow me on Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_)

=====//=====

TYRANNICAL FORTRESS

BY @Jacek Bourne

Download Here

Its a fortress and its tyrannical. Yeah it sums a little bit up the things. First i thought that would not have ammo to finnish all the monsters in the map, but actually is done correctly since i missed some cells at the end. I like that progression is only achieved little by little (killing the monsters step by step) and maybe there is a little bit a lack of health on the beggining of the map. At the same time, i believe that its meant to be as it is so the challenge is stuck to your face. Nothing wrong with that. The only thing i noticed that could have been done better (in my opinion of course) is not letting the Hellknights leave the shadow area....i mean...they are not guarding nothing valuable in that area...and not let them leave that shadow area, make them sitting ducks for killing. I have noticed missing textures? Maybe i was suposed to use the Plutonia IWAD....well i have Plutonia WAD...maybe i missed something there to play this wad correctly. Still, overall, it can be challenging and we do have a good feeling finishing it. Its not slaughter...but its not normal gameplay as well. I liked it! Thanks for the request and hope to see more!

STARTS AT 10:43

You can follow me on Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_

=====//=====

2 CYBERDEMONS

BY @Clippy

Post Forum

Ah..Clippy...! I do like his style and his mapping. He can always surprises us with his challenges and gameplay. I got to a point that i had no more ammo, since the mapper was on stream, he advised me to start all over. DENIED. I mantained posture by punching demons and achieved the final area with success (sure i died a few times) and that final area we have the 2 Cybers. Its no complicated, but i needed to make sure to mantain the 2 cybers so they could help me out with the soldierZombies. There is an escape area (where i came before the last area) that was basically my salvation. Its a fun map and Clippy sure knows how to make progression interesting. The only thing that could be reviewd (in my opinion) is the textures around the red skullkey...i missed it by confusion of colours (RED).

A nice fun map...like Clippy likes to provide. Nice Job. Thanks for the request buddy! 

STARTS AT 50:25

=====//=====

HELL SKYLANDS

BY @Alfredo

Post Forum

Large map, alot of 3d floors, some fun and challenging encounters. Nice.

There could be some issues with the map like softlock (wich i think i did not go to) some confusing progression "where to go". Since the mapper was on stream, everything was talked about. I had an issue missing the Rocket Launcher, and that can be a thing unfortonate to happend when to tend to make choices of diferents paths without exploring everything. So there i was with two Archvilles, one Cyber, two pain elementals alot of Rocket ammunition and....no Rocket Launcher. I cheated to have the RL and at the same time i think the mapper got the idea, that is essencial to have a RL provided on the area of the Cyberdemon...just in case missing the RL...like i did. I did like the 3d floors going up and down by switches with surrounding skybox around. It looked neat. Overall it might feel extended map but at the same time i liked it. The progression (talking about the sector with the two hellknights inside) should be reviewed for better clearance. The map is done fine without the BFG (i did not got it) and i think it makes the final area more interesting. A nice map with minor flaws in my opinion. Hope to see more and thanks alot for the request!

STARTS AT 1:52:30

=====//=====

This is a medium difficulty short map I made to mess around with environmental storytelling. Di not only critique the envirnoment though. I would like to know how good the level design is regarding enemies and placement. Play through any zdoom compatible port. Use DOOM II or PLUTONIA iwad. Play on Ultraviolence. Feel free to save. I may have not but you can if you'd like.

Environmental_Storytelling.zip