Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

re Belial's Ruin and Hellbreach - thanks for playing, Sorry, wasn't able to join live (timezones and children...). Just looked at some of your footage and I much appreciate the comments and feedback. I'll settle down with a beer later on and watch the whole lot in full. I'm definitely going to continue with more maps and hopefully improve, so any and all feedback is most welcome!

OVERBUFFED v2

- PrBOOM-Plus

- DOOM II.wad

- Ultra Violence (ONLY)

- 9 MAP DEMO (Aiming towards 15 MAPS total)

- BOOM Compatibility

- Pistol Start or Continuous playthrough (Balanced for pistol start)

- Difficulty : OVERBUFFED!

If you ARE NOT Austinado please refrain from downloading the attachment file unless curiosity really gets to you. 

OVERBUFFED.zip

Port - GZdoom 4.2.0 or newer

IWAD - Doom2.wad

Skill - HMP recommended

# of maps - 9 maps (8 normal, 1 secret)

Gameplay - jumping and freelook required, crouching is not allowed

Time - approx. 45 min playtime

I have released MAP10 of the Hell Frontier project for testing. I'd like to show it to you. beheadquarters.rar

As usual, it's Doom 2 format without jumping, crouching or vertical aiming.

It actually does occupy MAP10 slot this time and if you want to use fully authentic experience, you should load it with the main wad for the sky (Though nothing else important is in the main wad) hell_frontier.rar

Edited by ViolentBeetle

I apologize everyone for taking so long for the recordings...work is geting into me hard. Ill try to be back as soon as possible.

Cheers!

Original Post<<Original Doomworld Post

facility_boom.zip<<DOWNLOAD WAD DIRECTLY

Source port: PrBoom+

BOOM Compatibility

IWAD: Doom 2

Skill Level: Recommend Ultra-Violence. Medium to Some Challenges

Map: 6 Maps in total, from Map01 to Map06

Gameplay: Vanilla Gameplay (No Jump, No Crough, and No Freelook)

Gameplay Length: For total length is usually within an hour.

Build Time: about two month
Textures: Doom Textures For Doom II by SargeBaldy
Tool Used: Ultimate Doom Builder, PrBoom+, Slade

Note: I tested with PrBoom+ 2.5.1.5.test, works fine, older version might work fine, but I cannot guarantee.

Comments:

I am the creator of "returned.wad", I really appreciated the feedback you gave me about my previous wad, this time I took a little bit more time on item and monsters placement.

For this wad I decided to use Boom Format instead of UDMF, I found UDMF is too complicated for a beginner like me, I actually would give advice to other new mappers, start with either Vanilla Doom Format or Boom Format, not UDMF.

I hope I could received some feedback from you and how can I improve from this point :)

Hey @Austinado, I made another map I'd appreciate you looking at (if you have enough time). I tested it in PrBooM+ and GZDooM. Compatibility is BooM, no jumping/crouching. Looking up/down is fine. This is a single map with about 10-15 minute playtime. IWAD is Ultimate DooM. Link is provided below.

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/116121-my-second-wad-your-way-out/

ELEVEN ZERO

BY @Dranyan

Download Here

We have a good map here but there is some stuff that i think should not be there, like impassible lines. It simply does not make sence doomguy not being able to pass some linedefs open air with no obstacles in his way. We have some modifications like the chaingun that shoots waaaaaaay to fast and some diferent textures. Gameplay is is pretty nice (can have its challenging moments), design is very solid and music for me was pretty cool. Progression is not a hard thing to go with and overall a fun map to be played. If its borning a project out of this...with consistance, i think it might be a good one. Those linedefs impassible tho...in my opinion that should be changed...not that it makes a great difference on gameplay....its just weird. Thanks for the request! 

STARTS AT 10:21

You can follow me on Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_)

=====//=====

HELL BREACH  Forum Post

BELIALS RUIN Forum Post

BY @smeghammer

From what i know, this is a returned mapper from 25 years ago. Its a long time for sure and congratulations returning mapping. Alot of things changed in 25 years, and these maps do have a "taste" that something retro is still around. Not anymore. Now its time for progression (and actually Belials Ruin we can see something different), the maps without music is a no no. Its time to study a little about monster placement in my opinion, and sometimes progression can be quite confusing, so thats a point as well to be looked at. The last map from Hell Breach was my favorite tough finding all the keys was quite a chore. Belials Ruin feels like an experiment of new thing by the mapper (the sky is cool) the music of intro running all along is painfull. 

Overall congratulations for the return...and i hope to see more...at least...with music in the maps! :D

Thanks alot for the request and keep on working...i trully believe this mapper can get somewhere...practice practice practice!

Hell Breach 

STARTS AT 45:16

Belials Ruins

STARTS AT 2:30:02

=====//=====

ARCHANGELORUM

BY @GhostPlayer

Forum Post

dojOWTR.jpg

Its big, its challenging, its a wonderfull map.

Its my opinion at least.

The mapper wanted to give something for slaughter and non-slaughter players. I think that was well achieve. The big mistake in this map...is not having music! Its impossible (at least for me) to play a map of almost two hours without music. That was fixed by the mapper at the time of gamplay/stream and the rest? The rest we had everything...exploration, good map design, good ammo/health balance, fluid progression and challenge that can surely bite your ass. A pretty neat job here. All the thoughts of the map were given to the mapper at the time of stream and overall, a fun, long and challenging map. A great job here, congratulations!

Thanks alot for the request!

STARTS AT 3:27:49

=====//=====

GOING TO HELL

BY @Walkerrr

Download Here

dojOWTR.jpg

My oh my...this is a project in mind of 30 maps at least and these 13 maps are something i tell you.

A very nice level design starting with techbase (well the first 10 maps) passing to Hell theme. Everything looks very balanced, ammo/health custom music for each map....all the textures are very...perfect. This was playtested before for sure, and what amazes me...this will be the first release from this mapper. First freakin release.

On these 13 maps, the mapper says he worked on it for a few months...this can be a candidate (if not this year, next year probably) for that award that we know of. Well...again...its my opinion. Fun and challenge here is more than guaranteed. Very curious to see what will come out at conclusion. Amazing job indeed...congratulations for everything presented until now and thanks alot for the request!

PS: I had alot of problems (INTERNET CONNECTION) with stream...but i think i got them all out. Sorry about that guys.

STARTS AT 29:43

(MAP01 TO MAP04)

(MAP05 AND ON)

STARTS AT 9:41

Continuing MAP07

STARTS AT 1:32

MAP08 TO MAP13

STARTS AT 6:57

=====//=====

Thank you very much for playing my maps.
We had a lot of fun during the stream, I also detected several points that need to be modified or corrected.

I appreciate your comments as well as those of the viewers.

It has inspired me to continue with the project, I will continue to add stimpacks and arch-viles as necessary to keep its essence! hahahahaha

I thank you again!

Hey Austinado,

I updated TTTS: The Thing That Slithers with 4 new maps. Would love to see you play these. I also updates the first 3 maps with more varies textures and rebalanced encounters. Since you already played the first 3 maps feel free to skip them if you want. All maps can be pistol started but it's not required. GZDoom + UV

- Source port: GZDOOM

- IWAD: DOOM II

- Skill Level; UV

- How Many maps: 8

- Gameplay: No crouch, no jump

- Gameplay Length: 60-70 minutes

Edited by DragonsForLunch : spelling

@Austinado, thanks for the playthrough and encouraging comments, much appreciated.

20 hours ago, Austinado said:

maps without music is a no no

Yeah... I almost never play with the music on - I even switch it off normally for Doom 2016... - so I completely forgot to address this.

I have updated the MAPINFOs to include a music track (I just picked from the Doom2 tracks, but I will probably look for some freebie open source alternatives at some point)

Hello Austinado

Here's the Sonic World Doom wad :
https://www.moddb.com/mods/sonic-world-doom/downloads/sonic-world-doom-beta-1

Please note this is only a very early beta. It sets place in the Sonic World, while still playing the Doomguy. Use GZDoom, with jumping and crouching.

5 maps, and a bonus stage in Chemical Plant Zone that you can find (a giant ring). The bonus stage will give you a reward for completing it.

You will notice yourself, there's some problems (with doors for example, I forgot something very obvious :P). But it should be fun at least. All maps are full of ammo since it's supposed to be a hub level later on, and levels are not set in the same order as it will be for the final release.

Rings are your health, but you still can pick them up when you are at 200, which would be a waste, be careful :).

- Source port : GZDoom

- IWAD : Doom 2

- Skill Level : doesn't matter

- How Many maps : 5 + 1 bonus level + 2 short boss fights (MAP01, MAP21, MAP22, MAP23, SRB03, ADV02, ADV05, SPE03), not counting the hub level in

- Gameplay: Crouch freelook and jump required

- Gameplay Length : around 1 hour

Edited by Totaya

Its my first map ever in Doom Builder so it's a nice little journey through my trial and error. Maybe ill make more idk

MAP01 - Copy.zip

Port - I mean i used GZDoom so use that i guess

IWAD - Doom 2

Skill Level - HMP or UV i personally prefer UV but i made stuff for both so yeahhhh

Maps - 1

Gameplay - I mean jump/crouch doesnt do nothing so eh

Length - probably very short because its 1 map

Hey, it's me, the guy that made WoTU. I've got another megawad, but I'm not the only one who worked on it.

Very experimental. I think right now it's compatibility is the PRBoom+ UMAPINFO fork and GZDoom, along with any source port that supports DEHEXTRA, but we're working on removing the DEHEXTRA stuff and replacing it with BEX, which is much more compatible with more ports.

@Austinado I saw the recorded stream of you playtesting ANOMALY, that was rough to watch. I should have specified that it was designed for continuous play, not pistol start.

Hope you don't mind giving my map a try! Didn't get much feedback with my initial post, so I'm hoping to hear your thoughts!

- Source port: GZDoom

- IWAD: Doom2

- Skill Level: HMP is fine 

- How Many maps? One - replaces MAP02

- Gameplay: Crouch, jump, freelook restricted via MAPINFO

- Gameplay Length: About 30 minutes

On 8/1/2020 at 12:06 PM, Mr. LBN said:

OVERBUFFED v2

- PrBOOM-Plus

- DOOM II.wad

- Ultra Violence (ONLY)

- 9 MAP DEMO (Aiming towards 15 MAPS total)

- BOOM Compatibility

- Pistol Start or Continuous playthrough (Balanced for pistol start)

- Difficulty : OVERBUFFED!

@Mr. LBN please tell me wich maps to play...i know i played some (you probably did updates on those) so ill record the new (maps) ones from the project  only. Thanks ;)

On 8/8/2020 at 11:27 AM, DragonsForLunch said:

Hey Austinado,

I updated TTTS: The Thing That Slithers with 4 new maps. Would love to see you play these. I also updates the first 3 maps with more varies textures and rebalanced encounters. Since you already played the first 3 maps feel free to skip them if you want. All maps can be pistol started but it's not required. GZDoom + UV

- Source port: GZDOOM

- IWAD: DOOM II

- Skill Level; UV

- How Many maps: 8

- Gameplay: No crouch, no jump

- Gameplay Length: 60-70 minutes

@DragonsForLunch tell me please wich new maps ill play, remind me if its pistol start or continuous. Ill play and record only the new maps of the project. Thanks ;)

2 hours ago, LoneAlpha2401 said:

@Austinado I saw the recorded stream of you playtesting ANOMALY, that was rough to watch. I should have specified that it was designed for continuous play, not pistol start.

@LoneAlpha2401...Jesus Christ man...i deserve an medal for that map 08...Jesus Christ...WHERE WAS MY ROCKET LAUNCHEEEEEERRRRRR! :D

Actually its my fault...i have to implement that  mandatory information in the requests...i have learned my lesson. Nice job with your project by the way ;)

2 hours ago, Austinado said:

@DragonsForLunch tell me please wich new maps ill play, remind me if its pistol start or continuous. Ill play and record only the new maps of the project. Thanks ;)

Please do pistol start. Map04 to Map08

Thank you!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lfcwm1bq6twxyvh/innerhell.wad?dl=0

Inner Hell CITY, GzDoom MAP01

screenshots...

innerhellcity3.pnginnerhellcity2.pnginnerhellcity1.png

hellcity3.png hellcity2.png hellcity.png

quests are optional

silvercoins are optional

main goal is to unlock all 9 gates of hell and enter in to inner hell by using the exit in the inner sanctum

- hope you will want to try it and I look forward to your comments

Edited by CBM