Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

FACILITY BOOM

BY @s10055072

Post Forum

We have some nice map design, with techbase theme and nothing to say about textures and map connection. In my opinion the monster placement should be reviewed because we are given alot of firepower and the same time we feel that other monsters could be there like revenants, arch-villes, Mancubus..instead of imps or zombies.

If this WAD is meant to be continous, there is a need to fix the ammo balance at least, since we bring alot of ammo with us at the end of each map. I think the main points were given here...but not a bad job at all.

Thanks for the request!

STARTS AT 17:47

You can follow me on Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_)

=====//=====

yet another singleplayer map 01 replacement level from me...

Source port; Any (tested with GZ-Doom)

IWAD; the IWAD recommended is doom2.wad for this PWAD

Pistol Start or Continuous gameplay? since it is map 01 then pistol start I guess

Skill Level; difficulties are implemented, medium?

How Many maps? just map 01

Gameplay: Crouch? OverLook? Jump? jump, crouch, freelook (overlook?) not required but also not discouraged

Gameplay Length? 20 minutes? maybe a bit less

Map Format: classic DOOM 2 (plain old DOOM2 map format from the 90s)

Ports Tested: GZDoom (Singleplayer)

Map(s): MAP01

Music: no custom music

Gameplay: Single player

Difficulty Settings: Yes

Dynamic lights: NO

3D Floors: NO

Awesomeness: Yes

Swimable liquids: NO

Performance optimized: Yes

Bugfixed: Yes

Multiplayer Placement: deathmatch and co-op starts, but not tested in any kind of multiplayer since the primary focus is single player

Screenshots: Can be found in the levels own thread linked above

OVERBUFFED

BY @Mr. LBN

Download Here

This was the third time playing this WAD (its a work on progress) and i still have the same opinion like i had before (tough there is some improvement on ammo, health and armor) wich is, this WAD can byte your ass pretty hard if you are not an hardcore Doom player. Fast monsters that gives alot of damage, monsters can recieve alot of damage...can shoot you from a long range...but you cant..

Well we know where this is going right? Still, i think its gonna come out very ok for those who are expecting alot of challenge and hardcore gameplay and for those who can deal with a good amount of frustration...because....you will die...and i mean...die alot. The mapper was on stream, and i gave my opinions that did not diverge much from the other times i played this. Did not finished to play all the maps requested because the opinions were consistent within the previous maps. Hope for the best for the time of release and thanks for the request.

STARTS AT 13:15

=====//=====

Hey @Austinado I saw that you indicated you added my WAD to your list. I don't know if you've already downloaded it, but I made some minor updates last night and have uploaded a new version. If it's not too much trouble, I'd much prefer that you play this version. Thanks!

- Source port; Vanilla for 3HL.wad (but i suggest PrBoom-plus or Crispy-Doom), ZDoom for D2FOE.wad (the maps works with "chocolate-Doom" but i added a secret Exit at the map04)

- IWAD; DOOM2.WAD

- Pistol Start or Continuous gameplay? Continuous gameplay or Pistol Start

- Skill Level; Ultra Violence (Various difficulties are implemented)

- How Many maps? 3 maps for 3HL.wad (01,02,03), 9 maps for D2FOE.wad (01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09)

- Gameplay: Classic

- Gameplay Length: For 3HL.wad about 20 or 30 minutes, for D2FOE.wad about 1 hour (it depend of the skill of the player).

Screenshots: 3 Hellish Levels

1597738855-1.png

1597738862-2.png

1597738862-3.png

1597738860-4.png

Screenshots: Freedom on Earth

1597738925-1a.png

1597738927-2a.png

1597738937-4a.png

1597738940-5a.png

3HL.4.zip

d2foe.zip

Edited by Datacore85

THE THING THAT SLITHERS (MAP04-MAP08)

BY @DragonsForLunch

Post Forum

We have some nice gameplay here, i like it. There is minor things that could be improved/fixed (some decorative things blocks the player (hanging guy), some nukage that in some places is pain sector, other places are not /missing textures or switches that needs to be repeatable, but no end of the world here) and overall, nice maps indeed, with cool progression and nice maps. The last fight as a purpose to be done, but at my first atempt, clearly is not mandatary...still a cool idea. I had the mapper on the stream wich was nice and we could give opinions and talk about the maps themselves. Thanks for the request and keep up the nice work...i think we will have a nice !

STARTS AT 16:15

=====//=====

SONIC WORLD DOOM BETA 1

BY @Totaya

Download Here

Interesting indeed. The World of Sonic looks quite...the World of Sonic. We get the weird feeling that DoomGuy should be fighting actually the Sonic enimies...and the feeling of weirdness is common here because all the bright colours, all the cheerfull music...could be an antagonism to the Spirit of DOOM thing. Dont get me wrong, we have the mechanics of Sonic here...the fast pace, the rings as health, the platforming. It looks great and the nostalgia of Sonic is surely there! I guess the main problem here is trying to get a good balance...mostly of monster placement and combine that with Sonic´s World. Its a fun MOD nevertheless and it alot was done and more as to be done of course. This was very different from what we are used to, but very interesting and final result should be quite fun to be played. Thanks alot for the request!

STARTS AT 12:09

You can follow me on Twitch  (https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_)

=====//=====

FURDEMON  (Post Forum)

DIMENSIONAL WEIRDNESS (Post Forum)

BY @URROVA

With Furdemon we have a nice and cute story, where we can shoot come custom monsters that actually works. It can be a little bit intense and at the same time some interesting features like the Jetpack where we can fly and some simple but quite nice visuals. The final monster is cool and it works quite well. I do admire the mappers and modders that tries to do some stuff diferent...and this onde checks positve in that point of view. I enjoyed it, it was fun and diferent! 

Dimensional Weirdness is interesting as well. Maybe there is quite large areas that could better filled in with better monster placement, still, we have nice visuals here and there,  a story with you jumping off a plane, and a final fight where the real challenge is the final form. Jetpack is here again and maybe the progression can be a little bit confusing in terms of using a password...that only pressing the initial number will work out anyways. Overall, we can say that the final fight is the main thing and not a bad thing at all. 

Thanks for the request...and very interesting things we have here.

FURDEMON

STARTS AT 13:38

DIMENSIONAL WEIRDNESS

STARTS AT 1:32:34

=====//=====

ALL FOR ONE

BY @CBM

Post Forum

I cannot say this a bad idea. Still in my opinion i prefer to play original content from the mappers. This is not a hard thing to do, copy paste and add some little stuff and mix it up so we have recognizable maps connected. If this was the purpose (and from the post forum i believe it was), the objective was achieve with no doubts. Thanks for the request.

STARTS AT 2:43:18

=====//=====

A STYGIAN ANGUISH

BY @LVENdead

Post Forum

dojOWTR.jpg

The thing that i enjoyed the most was the monster placement without the doubt! The using of the OTEX gives us nice visuals and i hope to see more of these textures in the future for future WADs. There some things that could be fixed like the the first area, that if we fall down without pressing the two main swtiches, there is no way to get up again...a little lift would do the trick. I have found as well a pain sector on a pilar that is not suposed to be there i think...but besides that, challenging, good progression and fun. This could be a start of a nice project...Thanks alot for the request...and i hope to see more!

STARTS AT 12:02

=====//=====

INNERHELL CITY

BY @CBM

Download Here

I did not explored this deeply to be honest. It is interesting...it is something that we are not used to, kind of RPG Doom of thing with coins and quests. This actually can be something for those who have time to spend...and explore...in a kinda of Skyrim of thing. 

Maybe the progression to either the ways to go with is a little bit confusing...and because i am more to go and kill monsters...i did not explored this deeply. Definitely a WAD worth to give a good shot and explore what it gives. Probaby more information needs to be given during the gameplay (meaning of coins..directions to take) to help out the player.

Very interesting stuff...thanks for the request!

STARTS AT 1:35:01

=====//=====

TOWER OF THE HORDES

BY @Scileboi

Download Here

Probably this will work better in co-op than single player?

Being an infinite WAD, its very interesting the way its done...by waves. My only question is, after getting all ammo and health, will them respawn? Maybe getting the keys will provide that i guess. If you want to get an afternoon by challenging yourself to see how far you can get (surviving the waves to come) this might be a cool thing to play.

Thanks for the request!

STARTS AT 1:59:00

=====//=====

MAP20 - THE SLITS OF WOE

BY @4MaTC

Post Forum

dojOWTR.jpg

We have no amateur here. This map can be quite challenging and bite your ass. We have a themed quake map that works very nicely with the custom monsters. I actually dont have much to say that i think that should be improved of flaws visible. The facts are...a good map with good challenge and nicely done. I did enjoyed it alot. Thanks for the request!

STARTS AT 2:27:14

=====//=====

DOWNTOWN RECREATION 

BY @Generic Doomer

Post Forum

Its Downtown...and it feels like a town. I do like the visuals, some rooms with beautifull details, offices, bedroooms, supermarket and monster placement used reasonably well done. Overall a nice map to explore, with some challenge (nothing overwhelming) and alot fun with the fights presented. Nice.

Thanks for the request and more comments during the video!

STARTS AT 3:28:59

=====//=====

THE BLOOD FEAST

BY @Noris Kneecap

Download Here

Being a first release, congratulations for that. Its a hell of job for a first release to be honest. We have alot of interesting stuff going on here, starting with the story, the textures and some custom monsters. Sure there is some stuff that should be polished, but the main thing here that needs to be improved (in my opinion) is the monster placement. We have parts of some maps that feels quite empty....other parts that the use of monsters could be done better. I think progression is done correctly (increasing little by little) but still...there should be an improvement about monster placement because sometimes we get bored. Some custom weapons, some custom sounds (chaingun...meh /plasma riflle is ok i guess) some cool blood fountains to regain health and some interesting custom monsters. The final boss could have some sound when he gets hurt...thats an idea.

To be honest its an impressive work for a first release...but it needs more work on it. Nothing of this takes out the merit we have here from the mapper. Nice...congratulations!

Thanks alot for the request...and lets see more buster!

STARTS AT 4:07:01

=====//=====

QUEUE AND FINALIZED LIST UPDATED

WARNING: I will not accept requests if there is not information like:

- Source port;

- IWAD;

- Pistol Start or Continuous gameplay?

- Skill Level; 

- How Many maps?

- Gameplay: Crouch? OverLook? Jump?

- Gameplay Length?

HR3goEv.jpg

=====//=====

4 hours ago, Austinado said:

The thing that i enjoyed the most was the monster placement without the doubt! The using of the OTEX gives us nice visuals and i hope to see more of these textures in the future for future WADs. There some things that could be fixed like the the first area, that if we fall down without pressing the two main swtiches, there is no way to get up again...a little lift would do the trick. I have found as well a pain sector on a pilar that is not suposed to be there i think...but besides that, challenging, good progression and fun. This could be a start of a nice project...Thanks alot for the request...and i hope to see more!

Hey man, thanks for playing through this. I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as you did, it was thrilling to watch someone have that much fun while playing through my map! I was definitely afraid I was going to lose you a few times near the beginning when I realized how much of a blunder the nukeage pit was. Funny fact, there ARE lifts on each of the bridges, but obviously they are only useful AFTER you raise the bridges. I put a teleporter in the nukeage almost immediately after I finished watching your video.

Thanks for discovering that errant pain sector, I never noticed that and I playtested the map a lot. Also, that secret switch you discovered that you didn't figure out is actually shootable, and reveals a secret to a medkit, blue armor, and big cell pack that you probably would have appreciated ;) I could probably stand to put just a little bit more health and ammo in a few places, I want the map to be punishing if you waste your resources but not impossible if you make a few mistakes. Seeing you have to resort to punching or rocketing lost souls was a bit painful, and I could probably stand to put a few more ammo boxes or shells without ruining the balance I was going for. Either way, watching your run was very informative and will definitely help me as I continue mapping.

And don't worry, this map IS intended to be a part of a larger project. I started a new job this week, so my map productivity has dropped a lot, but eventually there will be more where this came from.

Cheers!

4 hours ago, Austinado said:

We have no amateur here. This map can be quite challenging and bite your ass. We have a themed quake map that works very nicely with the custom monsters. I actually dont have much to say that i think that should be improved of flaws visible. The facts are...a good map with good challenge and nicely done. I did enjoyed it alot. Thanks for the request

Thanks for playing!

Sorry for the little inconvinience with texture pack, i should point that out more obviously.

And about plasma rifle secret - you missed the shooty red switch two times, it was just 'in the corner of your eyes' :)

Also, i need to mention that keys placement are not static, it depends on how you explore the level itself

6 hours ago, Zolgia108 said:

hey Obstinate!

Before going on with the wad please download newest link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2f5h06srefdn04/Happy 28 %2B2.waD?dl=1

Thanks a lot m8! Let me know when you are going to stream (in general) as i already missed two of them and i am sad :(

have a nice day!

@Zolgia108

Just to be sure here, stiil Ep04 and Ep05 for me to play right?

I am working on a rough sHift (4am), but im planning to play it soon.

Edited by Austinado

46 minutes ago, Austinado said:

@Zolgia108

Just to be sure here, stiil Ep04 and Ep05 for me to play right?

I am working on a rough sfift (4am), but im planning to play it soon.

yes, 4 and 5, 5 still ongoing :)

On 8/21/2020 at 10:32 PM, Austinado said:

ALL FOR ONE

BY @CBM

Post Forum

I cannot say this a bad idea. Still in my opinion i prefer to play original content from the mappers. This is not a hard thing to do, copy paste and add some little stuff and mix it up so we have recognizable maps connected. If this was the purpose (and from the post forum i believe it was), the objective was achieve with no doubts. Thanks for the request.

STARTS AT 2:43:18

=====//=====

LOL, thanks for a hilarious playhrough. Yes.. this is just bits and pieces of e1m1 doom1+freedoom and map01 from doom2+freedoom2 ... the map is not released per say... just made in an afternoon for fun, to see how many level 1 bits austinado could recognize and too experiment with multiple official starting maps merged in to a single level

you failed to recognize the bits from e1m1 freedoom and map01 freedoom2 hehe

I have so many ideers for funny stuff to write in the pistol start line for map01 maps :-D

On 8/21/2020 at 10:34 PM, Austinado said:

INNERHELL CITY

BY @CBM

Download Here

I did not explored this deeply to be honest. It is interesting...it is something that we are not used to, kind of RPG Doom of thing with coins and quests. This actually can be something for those who have time to spend...and explore...in a kinda of Skyrim of thing. 

Maybe the progression to either the ways to go with is a little bit confusing...and because i am more to go and kill monsters...i did not explored this deeply. Definitely a WAD worth to give a good shot and explore what it gives. Probaby more information needs to be given during the gameplay (meaning of coins..directions to take) to help out the player.

Very interesting stuff...thanks for the request!

STARTS AT 1:35:01

=====//=====

Thanks for the feedback. I'm planning to re-use some of the 3D buildings in a megawad or another map, possibly something with more clues and the right mix of arcade and RPG :-)