Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

On 9/9/2019 at 12:55 PM, Austinado said:

MASS EXTINCTION - MAP 27 AND MAP 28

BY @nicolas monti

Download Here

So i got these two maps from nicolas monti, what an great project he is building here...its getting harder in here, but it feels right. Thanks for the request!

About Map27

- I did not finished it. Probably you can do it, but i got alot of struggle with ammo. The thing here, i think its about the arch-villes. Because they can ressurect monsters, i found myself spending alot of ammo, when i got to the part of 4 or 5 Barons in the tight room to get the switch...i did not had enough ammo to continue.

- The stairs in the area before this room i talked about in the topic above, in my opinion, should be more highlighted. After that beautifull fight with the Cýberdemons, you have the blue key...right...but after that, i got a little bit lost without knowing where to go..had to take great look to the automap to know where to go...

- I think its well designed and longrage monsters placement are well used.

- must warn that part2 video its me trying to find the next step over and over. This map is pretty challeging and i did like it alot! Just got that issue with the ammo...

-----//-----

About Map28

- Loved it...

- Its one the best one i have played from this mapper.

- The fights are interesting in a "nicolas monti" kind of style, not so much of platforming, but alot of monsters to deal with ( those two fucking SMM in that well area).

- Ammo and Health are balanced right.

- Personally i would not make changes in this map...neither put something in...neither take something out. For me 100% right and solid!

- Challenge...challenge everywhere.

- Congrats for the megawad till now!

- And once again, thanks for the request.

-----//-----

Thanks a lot, I appreciate your patience for the parts you might have had trouble with, hopefully all is fixed for the next version, ammo issues, more visible paths etc. Every word from you, Hak, Gaspe and Kakhome from YT is being taken into consideration.

Also on a side note I've seen a couple of your maps in Hak's channel, good layouts, curves, interesting shapes, verticality and nice use of textures, keep it up!

MAP15 (OOPS!  ALL TECHBASE Megawad)

By @Mk7_Centipede

Download Here

So, in my perspective its solid. It may get you a little confused to explore the map and return to some areas you want to go, but at the same time its an good idea. I found myself expecting to see a little bit more of monsters, the ammo its a little bit restrict but manageable. About the final fight, its easy to pass trough it when you know where to press. In the overall, the fights are not too much hard to going on, map well design and truthfull for the theme wich is aimed for. I must apologize for wondering too much..for so long time...i should had finished the map sooner.

Thanks for the request!

-----//-----

QUEUE AND FINALIZED LIST UPDATED.

So, unfortunately, only when i return from vacation (by day 26 September2019) i will be picking up the requests from the queue and play video record them. Ill still be visiting the forum during vacation, and feel free to make your requests here in this post so i will add them to the queue when i return.

Thanks...

Austinado.

Qo.jpg

1 hour ago, Austinado said:

MAP15 (OOPS!  ALL TECHBASE Megawad)

By @Mk7_Centipede

Download Here

So, in my perspective its solid. It may get you a little confused to explore the map and return to some areas you want to go, but at the same time its an good idea. I found myself expecting to see a little bit more of monsters, the ammo its a little bit restrict but manageable. About the final fight, its easy to pass trough it when you know where to press. In the overall, the fights are not too much hard to going on, map well design and truthfull for the theme wich is aimed for. I must apologize for wondering too much..for so long time...i should had finished the map sooner.

Thanks for the request!

-----//-----

Thank you kindly!

I may re-color all the vents so each one has its own color theme.  Maybe a little geometry.  To help differentiate them.  I am glad you figured out the end pretty quickly.  I am sure it could take some people a long time.  Thanks again.

Hi!

I'd be delighted if you could check out my older map, "Bleeding Hearts and Artists". It's been a couple of years but I'm still kinda proud of it.

It's a part of the "Doomworld Mega Project 2015" megawad. The zip contains a few different wad files; my level is MAP12 in the DMP15B.wad file.

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/dmp2015

There are some slight puzzle elements but hopefully nothing that will stop you in your tracks.

I have been redirected to here by @HAK3180 in his thread. This map is a replacement for the original E1M3 made in UDMF with a generous amount of GZDoom features including 3D floors, portals, dynamic lights, jumping/crouching and some others. All the info needed is inside the readme txt.

Another one for your very long queue of maps! There are difficulty settings, so if UV is too problematic, it gets toned down a bit on the lower difficulties.

PASOLUST

BY @PasokonDeacon

Download Here

This is a good one, where you can see that we are not talking about no amateur in mapping. I had great fun as well loved the difficulty.

FINAL REMARKS:

- No trouble with ammo/health, for me, well balanced.

- A map wich is connected to everyplaced...well designed in that matter, and sure did take alot of work.

- I found one secret...and glad i did, specifically that one.

- Played in Boom...at least that was the request, and changed that in GZDoom.

- Thanks for the request!

-----//-----

INTO THE DEPTHS

BY @DoomFan64

Download Here

Yeah, so it is a first map. We all started somewhere, and this is exactly that...just a start.

With 8 monsters, there is not much ambition...but like i said. A Start.

Final Remarks:

- Congratulations for your first map!

- Watch tutorials for mapping. You have alot in youtube and here in the Forum you have alot of information to help.

- With time you will see that everything is important: Texturing, balancing health/ammo (in the map), monster placement, everything.

- Hope to see what is comming forward!

- Thanks for the request!

-----//-----

MASS EXTINCTION - MAPS 29/30/31/32

BY @nicolas monti

Download Here

So this is the end of the road in this project and boy oh boy what a ride i had.

Already released in IDgames, i have played the last maps from this project by nicolas monti, and he did not let my expectations down.

These maps, and im refering to all of them in the megaWAD, are good maps, with an style of "tomb rider" like i usually say in my videos of this mapper, with good monsters placement, and a medium (sometimes "arsh") difficulty.

The mapper knows im straight forward in my opinion, and the only thing that i think it lacks a bit, its the texturing choices. But that´s a point that is not that important when you are having so much fun and trying to figure out how to get over the map with the "obstacles" ( the platforming per se ) that are presented.

Gonna be honest here...i was impatient and i had to be patient...persistance...because there is always a way. Only the good Lord could prevent me to not finish this final maps! 

I must say Thank You very much for the requests, it was my pleasure to play these maps, from this mapper. Looking forward to see what is coming next!

You are always welcome ; ) !

mass.jpg.dd61655fa8d029acf9e5e41861e210c0.jpg

Gonna watch these tomorrow!

Thanks for helping me to round off the gameplay, I'm working on a mini episode right now, there are 2 maps finished that you can try whenever you want:

60secret02.zip

The project is called 60 secrets, it's wip so you might find a bug, I hope you don't!

I would like to apologize for the delay on delivering the recordings. Ill be uploading them soon. 

Cheers,

Austinado

BLEEDING HEARTS AND ARTISTS (MAP12 in the DMP15B.wad)

BY @JudgeDeadd

Download Here

I was excited to play this map, because i already played another map back in a while by this mapper.

And yes, my expectations got fulfilled. This mapper is for sure no "kid" joking around, and we got it all...but the main thing here for me is...ihad alot of fun. What a nice job!

Final Remarks

- So solid in every aspect that, its a kind of map for mappers to take a look as an example to follow (of course its just my opinion);

- Loved that kind of "portal" (38:20 in the video) ;

- Thank you very much for the request!

-----//-----

THE BREACH (2Maps)

BY @Gustavo

Download Here

The mapper says "they are pretty simple and straightforward.", and yes, they are, but there is no harm in that. I think its not bad designed at all, it kept reminding me that this could be a beggining of a MegaWAD. Short and increasing...

Final Remarks

- I was craving for monsters...health and ammunition were never a concern.

- I think it was not bad designed...did i said i was craving for more monsters?

- Perhaps you should work on a megaWAD...why not? What about 12 maps for a start? I would be curious to play it.

- Thanks for the request! I would like to see more.

-----//-----