Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

@nervewar...lol, yes that´s my very first release. And i did all at once...12 maps (i think) and released it to id! Lol...i was a little fool...aspiring too much. Yeah sure...the maps are very amateurish...full of flaws..bad texturing...but if you want to, you can record it...it would be fun to me to watch it. :D

4 minutes ago, Austinado said:

@nervewar...lol, yes that´s my very first release. And i did all at once...12 maps (i think) and released it to id! Lol...i was a little fool...aspiring too much. Yeah sure...the maps are very amateurish...full of flaws..bad texturing...but if you want to, you can record it...it would be fun to me to watch it. :D

Ok I think I can probably play them tomorrow. Cheers!

HELLISH ROGUES

BY @Rymante

Post Thread

The mapper started his project in february i believe, and we have interesting features about his first work. Clearly he had alot of work, and we can see that in the type of design and careness about visuals. It is a good start, we i got a very good promising feeling for what will come fhe future and this project.

I had the luck to be in the company of the mapper while i was streaming (and other mapper joined us as well), and directly we opinate and talked about the maps, what could be improved in some points of view and the interesting aspects of the maps as well.

Final Remarks: 

- Congratulations for starting mapping and congratulations, for a first timer, the mapper is doing a well of a job;

- Map01 and Map02 are little bit empty in some sectors (mostly Map01);

- Map01 and Map02 Health balance and armor balance should be reviewed, waay to much;

- Map03 could be splited in two...enourmous map. I got to a point that i did not knew what i was doing anymore...finish a map in almost 56 minutos...its a looooooooooong map, with more monsters than Map01&Map02 combined

- Monster placement should be reviewed, mostly in Map03 (we get to a point that we start to play slaughter) Map01 (more monsters needed, way to empty rooms there);

- Nice touches with numbers in the visuals in actual gameplay;

- Some nice traps...others could have been done better.

- You keep up the good work!

- Thank you very much for the request!

= You can follow me on TWITCH ( https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_) =

=====//=====

Thanks again for the constructive critcism, I have an idea on where I could split Map03 into 2 maps.

I may ask for your assistance again in the future, but only once significant revisions & new maps have been added to Hellish Rogues.

It was fun hanging out in the stream live, I'll try & pop in from time to time.  ^_^

I have two maps I'd love to get out there more, if you're interested.

First off here's 'Seeing Red', a really (really) short map I made as a challenge to make a the best map I could no larger than 384 x 384 in total.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9l1pbewjwk679z7/Seeing_Red.wad/file

If you're in the mood for something a lot longer here is 'Ventilation', my first map.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/xtu74it9xp133qx/ventilation.wad/file

Both of these maps use a lot of gzdoom features, require jumping, crouching, and I'd suggest freelook. Thanks for taking the time to check out peoples maps!

THE GATE

BY @Brxyz

Post Thread

We have a challenging map here and that is great, i like challenge. Sometimes when i get too much frustrated with the gameplay i tend to curse...in this case i said that some stuff in the gameplay was "bullshit". It was frustration rising up and i apologize the mapper. I respect his work and know this map had quite a turn arounds for a year i believe.

The real reason for my frustration is dark areas (i believe its not fair to player to not know where to go or where the monster is atacking from ), because one thing is the element of surprise and try to get out or face the battle, other is being in total blind area and be fulminated without knowing where its coming from. Other frustration i had was meticulous platforming, because i think it breaks too much the pace of the game. There is an specific area that we have to "jump" litlle by little so we can get to a switch..i knew after i get that, that there would be monster teleport in the sector...so i had to do it once again with multiple saves and loads each time...its kind of hard to mantain calm. Believe me...i do like platforming and i have platforming in my maps...but Jesus Christ...it does not have to be Tomb Rider kind of platforming. There was a certain point in the map that i really dont know how i really got to the next step. But i did it...

We have very enjoyable moments in this map, for instance fragging the Cyberdemon is cool, the teleports sequence is very neat (textures as well) and there is challenge everywhere. I dont know if that was intentional, but at the final fight, i just pressed the switch and got out of there towards the end. I would like to know if this is intentional .

I did want to finish the map, but i got a little sad about those two things that tooked me out of patience. 

Thank you for the request and ill be here whenever the mapper requests.

=====//=====

Edited by Austinado

I've joined your stream, albeit late, I've caught up with the entire recording though.

Thank you for your playthrough and criticism! Don't worry about calling the platforming "bullshit", I agree that segment was too cruel. I didn't plan the darkness to be this distracting and honestly didn't consider it could be too dark, it's definitely a matter of monitor brightness settings, as I have mine set high. I'll make sure to raise the lighting in those sections. I knew about the final fight skip, but I decided to leave it there. It's a bit anticlimactic though so I'll consider changing it. I'm glad you have noticed the effort that went into the map too. There was a small detail you didn't notice, before you jumped into the spider web cellar section, you pressed a button which raised very thin lifts that will lift you up to the cellar if you fall down into the main path. (So you don't have to backtrack to the colorful platform section to get back into the cellar part.) I will update the map with all those issues fixed.

SEEING RED    Download Here

VENTILATION   Download Here

BY @sugarwater

So we have a nice surprise here. 

The first map is quick and it was from a challenge to make the best map no larger than 384 x 384 in total. Its efective, total of 10 demons (9 pinkies and 1 Pain elemental), but then when i got to map Ventilation, i got astonished by the tecnical skills of this mapper. There is lights, design, textures, 3d floors...jumping, crouching sectors....and this is the first map ever made from the mapper.

Details details details...quite impressive..but not everything is great. And its normal.

There´s some misalignments , some issues with switches that respawn once again the same monster killed before (more than once) weak monster placement in some sectors...some sectors 3d blocked to the player...and i have finished the map with lack of ammo making the things a little bit harder, so ammo balance should  be reviewd !(by the way, the mapper joined me when i was streaming)

Still...we have something here, in this case..someone here, that studied some mapping before releasing this first map.

This is a good example of dedication, enthusiasm and from this mapper i am expecting, and think we can all be expect great things (no pressure :D). 

Congratulations for the maps...specially the first release!

Thank you very much for the request...and keep up the good work!

=====//=====

hey @Austinado now that few days have passed, i would like you to play 3 more of my wads. They have (in a certain point) some similarities with the thre wads you played before.

Tekloniton - Big open map ala High tension, but better designed (kind of mixture betwen industrial suicide style with big beautiful opened areas) LOTS of enemies

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/s-u/tekniton

Oblivion - A few semblances with Metastasis, although the ambience is much more coherent throughout the whole map. not that super action-like map like tekloniton, more oriented towards exploration.

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/m-o/oblivio2

Structures of death - fairly similar to industrial suicide, but shorter and easier, but better imo

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1r9i8tpp4etegy/strdeath.zip?dl=0

Hope you like them and see your videos :)

This is a medium boom compatable map for Doom 2.I suggest you play on Hey Not too rough.

On 4/7/2020 at 5:38 PM, Oppo1021 said:

Can you play this with a doom 1 mappack?

Music.zip

@Oppo1021 I will kindly decline this request. If you want, you can choose one or two maps of your choise (nothing monstruos in challenge or size) and i play the maps with the music of that pack on your choice.

Thanks anyways!

TEKNOLITON                     Download Here

OBLIVION                            Download Here

STRUCTURES OF DEATH          Download Here

BY @19Wraith

This mapper is no newborn in mapping, so in this case i did minimal remarks about these maps, since they were all release more than five years ago...but they do hold on for certain in nowadays.

I had played some maps before from this mapper, and the lack of Health / Ammunition was a thing then...is a thing now, the difference is that is done from the hardest map, the first map i played onward to the last map. There is a progression in this...for better of course..and thank you Lord for that!

Visually the maps are more than nice and i had the mapper along with me while i was streaming, wich is always nice!

Maps are hard...challenging and can make you put your head against the wall...hitting hard for some times. Of course that my noobness in gameplay is also a factor, but map Teknoliton (kind of slaughter map) i got it in two parts and did not completed it. The lack of health, a little bit confusion where progression should be...and the final fight, sweet mother of God...it tooked me to the wires. I think maybe with a little bit of persistence i could have done it...but oh well. For those who likes challenge...this map is a must. Visually pretty pretty nice with the Cathedral being on of the icon of the map. Its simples, but pretty efective.

Oblivian can be breath air after the previous map i have metioned, i could enjoy the map, tough is a simple map of direction, i got mayself a little bit lost.

Structures of Death was the great "finale" where we finally see a good balance of health and ammo in contrast with the enimies, but dont fool yourself...that beggining with the chaingunners can be very very annoying. This last map was the best for me...and this was quite a ride!

Thank you very much for the request and lets star mapping once again Mister!

=====//=====

Thank you very much @Austinado for playing my wads, nice feedback. However you missed the real slaugther part of Tekloniton haha, that yellow key area was the hardest definetly, but not the most slaughter oriented. The next slaugther had like 300 monsters but feels easier. I understand you where tired of the map because it was long and that yellow part is super hard, a simple mistake and you are dead hahaha. I guess when doing extra large maps i will try focus more on a health balance and leave the super hard maps for a shorter length. However since i took a break from maping (losing interest and ideas) now that im ''back'' i feel that im going towards the direction of style from oblivion and structures of death. Hard and challenging but not extreme, and interconected areas. Although, who knows. Maybe i may be kind of nostalgic and do some hardcore stuff like the old times hahahah.

3 minutes ago, 19Wraith said:

Maybe i may be kind of nostalgic and do some hardcore stuff like the old times hahahah.

You should actually...a mapper with your quality is an example to follow for the new mappers, me included. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Austinado said:

You should actually...a mapper with your quality is an example to follow for the new mappers, me included. 

Thanks!

Wow thanks man! If only my maps help you giving you some ideas or give you a little of inspiration for your projects im more than happy with that. Just the same way as other great mappers have influenced me :) 

Searching in my list of wads appeared one that I had already forgotten I was doing. it was a sequel to my previous wad (EternalNightmare.wad).
But now it is under another name "the deep universe" this is because it will not have a history like the previous one but it will be much more flexible, old school with current decoration. There are 6 short levels demo.

I will resume this project and hope to finish all 32 levels

So im trying to configurate stuff (OBS) for visualization be decent in stream and recording feautures. Im sorry..ill get back to recording as soon as possible.

CORONAPHAGE

BY @[Vitz!]

Post Thread

So i should had read his post forum first before just download and play, the map. Yes there is a mod in this maps, wich was very pleasant (probably everybody knows it..but i didn´t.

I would like to apologize [Vitz!] for being my "guinea pig", because it was with his map, that i tested for the first time the OBS program and stream. Lets hope everything is well recorded...video and audio.

Ok, about the map and the mapper, what a great evolution we have here! Congrats for that! Resuming the thing we have a nice map, with good monster placement and tough i thought there was not alot of ammunition in the beggining of the map, i clearly changed my mind afterwards. The balance is more than ok in that aspect. There are some fights that are easier than others and the main reason is that i know a little bit of the behavior of the monster so, that was a good thing for my side. The area of the red key in an example...the cyberdemon did the job for as well the area of the big arena...that fight can be well passed with circular and strafe movement  after the Cyber is slain by the others.

The area with the pool a rad suit inside (did not got in there) have probably some messing textures so that needs to be reviewed  and the deep pools of nukage, i understand what was purpose but that is not done correctly..feels a little weird (i dont know how to do it also yet..but ill learn).

Final toughts about this? Very well done, enjoyed alot and got me curious to expect from this mapper in the future! Give us more! 

Thanks for the request!

=====//=====