Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

my bad of what i said a couple of weeks ago of not sending you anything, i was chilling, but yeah, i made a modification wad for a megawad that was made by someone else, try it out, and have fun with it.

CONDEMNED TO ETERNITY - 3 MAPS

By @Casketkrusher

Download here

So, at first i tried the first map of this mapper, and really enjoyed the sinister environment, design and gameplay, the  cool effects, but i did not finished at the time. This time i started over, and he does not let us down. I can see great things comming from this mapper...it will take time, believe me...but for me this is the path. I enjoyed this very much. Keep on going boy...

Final remarks:

- Be carefull about switches, you might decieve the player. For me...ON is with the eyes with light, OFF light of the eyes with no lights.

- Now that you gave me some tips, show the player that he can shoot switches. I did the same mistake in my 4th WAD...got advised from other playtesters...and its logical.

- Keep up...you are doing a nice job!

-----//-----

Edited by Austinado

OPERATION UAC

By @Chezza

Download here

So , i was advised to play this one with brutal Doom, and yeah, this is way cool. I got some problems to start this recording but it was well worth it. With Brutal Doom we have other experience of course, sounds, visual, gameplay and fuck yeah i enjoyed this. Unfortunately i could not finish it...because at the time i reached THE HELL GUARDIAN, my laptop started to lag..and LAG...and LAAAAGGG! I had to end it. Probably my laptop can not handle it....but at least, there is a recording to others see and get "water in their mouth". 

Final remarks:

- There is granades, custom monsters, animation, cool gamplay, animatronics! Geeez Louise you got it all!

- This no amateur, and man, what a job you have done here!

- This recommended! You love Doom? I think you will love this Wad!

- Thanks alot for the experience!

-----//-----

Edited by Austinado

@Austinado Thanks so much for playing! I'm so sorry for the lag, it's the first time I have had this reported. I noticed it gets really bad when you look at a particular direction and when the lost souls get involved?

The Wad is a bit ammo starved. I have done this to enforce grenade throwing at hordes, head shots with shotgun / Assault Rifle etc and more secret exploring. It's quite possible to have more than enough ammo. Also there were a few moments you totally just missed on some good pickups sadly.

If you try again someday, a lower difficulty should help make the experience less painful. You played on a higher difficulty with a few traps designed to give you a tough time. It's a shame about the lag, you missed on the final levels which are my favorite.

I appreciate the videos, I watched every second of it.

SHOTGUN SYMPHONY

By @Steve D

Download here

So, we have a great WAD over here ladies and gentleman. With a beatifull design and plenty monsters to kill. What can i say? When there is bad things to say you say it...and when im having fun, the cons dont seem to appear very often. This is a nice work, i believe it was alot of work in the making. I recommend this one 110%. I finished this WAD with 5% of health, pretty much my fault. 

This goes to my collection, and boy oh boy, so much fun i had.

Final remarks:

- So When uploadind the videos, i uploaded the first 5 videos in my other acount. Im sorry about that. The recording is here, the guy is same...me.

- I had a problem with recording my voice in video Part4...sorry about that once again...

- There´s alot of shotgunners...you need a eye in each hair...

- more comments in the video.

- Thanks alot for this one!

Yeah, im sorry about the non audio voice in Part4.... :s

-----//-----

On 7/24/2019 at 6:35 AM, GhostPlayer said:

There are 32 levels with secret and super secret level

Hide contents

@GhostPlayer Hello, altough it looks amazing...ill respectfully decline this one. Simply because its not my kind of MegaWad, and i would die and die....and die.

Im sure you had alot of work and congrats for the releasing and thanks for the invitation. Cheers.

CAVE

By @Magicana

Download here

So this time, a smoother map by this mapper and alot fair for from the last time i have played his last map. It was an experiment he says, and for me a good experiment. Im a little afraid of "caves" type of maps because i dont like the darkness too much in these maps, and it is more difficult see them and i think its a little bit unfair for the player. Makes me wonder why mappers dont use "googles" in dark areas...i supose i will use in my next WAD. About this one, we have some difficulty with the revenants, but besides that, is fun to play, like he said, with no doors, no keys, no teleports. I enjoyed the touch of giving the player right away the shotgun by switch. Overall i enjoyed this!

- More comments in the video.

-----//-----

LOCHKOVIAN / FRASNIAN / FAMENNIAN

By @nicolas monti

Download here

Yeah, i like this mapper. I really do. I think he does a smart map design with "platforming" without jumping. Of course this was not the first time i have played his maps, and once more i enjoyed these three we gave me. 

Final remarks:

- Think you should more a little study about monsters placement/quantity of monsters (although in the end of FAMENNIAN you made me swallow my words and i had a little bit of struggle there (well done by the way) )

- I like your smart design! 

- More comments in the videos.

@nicolas monti...below, the correct one...

-----//-----

Edited by Austinado

THE CURSE OF BOGGY REGION - MAP06

By @SilverMiner

Download here

So, finally i see something with huge difference from the last time i have played maps from this mapper! We have monsters to kill! We have details on textures! We have a map! I enjoyed, i really did. I hope the other maps from this same WAD had a turned around with the example of this map. When i thought there was not more ammo, there it was more to search for. overall, big improvment. Way the go man!

Final remarks: 

- I just did not understand why the teleports on the ground, and you could not teleport....maybe the teleports are meant to the "final" cacodeamons/pain elementals fight to them to appear?

- For me what a great improvment!

-----//-----

23 hours ago, Austinado said:

SHOTGUN SYMPHONY

By @Steve D

So, we have a great WAD over here ladies and gentleman. With a beatifull design and plenty monsters to kill. What can i say? When there is bad things to say you say it...and when im having fun, the cons dont seem to appear very often. 

Thank you so much, Austinado! I really appreciate that you recorded almost all the maps -- you didn't find the secret exit to E1M9 -- and that you enjoyed them so much. Sorry that you got lost in M2 for so long. Sometimes those '90s maps have slightly obtuse progression. There wasn't much I could do about it because of limits within the original architecture, apart from tearing the room apart and reconstructing it. As you can see, I chose against that. Luckily, the newer maps gave you no problems with navigation.

You showed tremendous determination in the giant fights, for example at the end of E1M5 and E1M8. Both of them were pretty evil. One of my testers on E1M8 suggested that I add Medikits or Stimpacks in front of the switches so players wouldn't die on the nukage trying to finish the map. I decided to be a jagoff and leave it as is. Congrats on sticking with it until you survived.

I'm especially happy that you liked the hectic fights with enemies coming from everywhere. That seemed to be your favorite part of the maps, and exactly what I was hoping for.

If you decide to play E1M9, that would be super-cool, if you don't, no worries. Just be ready for all-out war from beginning to end if you go for it. :)

7 hours ago, Austinado said:

CAVE

By @Magicana

Download here

So this time, a smoother map by this mapper and alot fair for from the last time i have played his last map. It was an experiment he says, and for me a good experiment. Im a little afraid of "caves" type of maps because i dont like the darkness too much in these maps, and it is more difficult see them and i think its a little bit unfair for the player. Makes me wonder why mappers dont use "googles" in dark areas...i supose i will use in my next WAD. About this one, we have some difficulty with the revenants, but besides that, is fun to play, like he said, with no doors, no keys, no teleports. I enjoyed the touch of giving the player right away the shotgun by switch. Overall i enjoyed this!

-----//-----

Thanks for the playthrough - I was a bit worried at first that you would miss the rocket launcher! The map was designed to be completed without it, but it's quite a lot harder.

A lot of the areas appeared to be much darker than I intended - Maybe my brightness settings were too high. That's why there were no goggles; in my testing everything was easily visible. The secret was hidden away in the opening room.

image.png.91570f7c48eb783f994f09983156d2ad.png

On 7/27/2019 at 2:29 AM, Austinado said:

THE CURSE OF BOGGY REGION - MAP06

By @SilverMiner

Download here

So, finally i see something with huge difference from the last time i have played maps from this mapper! We have monsters to kill! We have details on textures! We have a map! I enjoyed, i really did. I hope the other maps from this same WAD had a turned around with the example of this map. When i thought there was not more ammo, there it was more to search for. overall, big improvment. Way the go man!

Final remarks: 

- I just did not understand why the teleports on the ground, and you could not teleport....maybe the teleports are meant to the "final" cacodeamons/pain elementals fight to them to appear?

- For me what a great improvment!

-----//-----

Thanks for the review!

EDIT:

I've almost abandoned the work on it, but you got me motivated.

I must say there were super shotgun (at the beginning of the map get on to wooden shelf, where stays a medkit, and open a computer screen door), berserk (try to click on all the brick lights you see and the right one will open), soulsphere and invisphere (open ashwall2 door in the revenants-and-imps water pool room after visiting the opposing area) and a megaarmor (click on monitor in the first zombieman room on the left you can get to, and the item will be pulled into your hand from the behind) as secret items you could get. The plasmagun was one of that. Only two secrets are counted as secrets by game (super shotgun's and spheres' areas)

EDIT2:

Try to find an easter egg in the yellow key room (by clicking on suspicious looking objects). It's useless for gameplay, but is a reference to the Secret of Monkey Island.

Edited by SilverMiner

On 7/26/2019 at 8:20 PM, Austinado said:

LOCHKOVIAN / FRASNIAN / FAMENNIAN

By @nicolas monti

Download here

Yeah, i like this mapper. I really do. I think he does a smart map design with "platforming" without jumping. Of course this was not the first time i have played his maps, and once more i enjoyed these three we gave me. 

Final remarks:

- Think you should more a little study about monsters placement/quantity of monsters (although in the end of FAMENNIAN you made me swallow my words and i had a little bit of struggle there (well done by the way) )

- I like your smart design! 

- More comments in the videos.

-----//-----

Nice man! The file is updated, more teeth on map07, map08 is done and I have sketched up to map14, so theese day more maps to test :)

Hi there. Would you mind playing my WAD Bury My Heart Knee Deep? I haven't gotten any feedback on this newer version so it would be a huge help to see someone play through it. It's only a single map, but pretty long. Here's the thread with some more info.

BURY MY HEART KNEE DEEP

By @Ryath

So, i have this one a good one it is. A enourmous single map with 700 and something monsters, and for me to be honest, i dont like this kind of maps. The number of monsters can make the player think twice if he wants to play it or not...there some dark areas (that i hate personally) but its always a good challenge.

The difficulty occurs, sure does...but its manageable with some study after dying a few times. When its a long wide map, sometimes gets confusing, i got a little bit lost sometimes, pressed switches that i did not know the results and 64 (i think) secrets...i have find about 5 or 6, but im a kind of player that dont cares about secrets too much. Overall, its a good well design map. I have enjoyed it...

Final remarks:

- I know there is alot of secrets, probably gives ammo and health that you need. Not saying secrets in a large number is bad...but maybe giving the player healt and ammo than all these secrets to find would be better (or decrease the secrets and balance them ).

- Maybe there is a switch or something for them, but those damn googles and radiation suits just taunted me...

- I know there is areas that i did not explored....well i finished the map...sometimes is good you make the player pass these areas, so you dont feel your work mapping was not worthed.

- I got a little frustrated at the final fight....but yeah you can do it. 

- During the game i forgot to quicksave...i apologize for that.

- 700 and something monsters...when you realize you dont have to kill them all...it gets quickier to go through onwards the map. Maybe its just me, but i have played in HMP, and i cant imagine playing this in Nightmare.

- A very very nice job you have done here, a great design...and i guess alot of work! I enjoyed it! Thanks alot!

-----//-----

48 minutes ago, Austinado said:

BURY MY HEART KNEE DEEP

By @Ryath

Wow... lots of video to watch here but I always enjoy that. Thank you!

I usually don't make big maps like this, but when I do, I guess I make them really big. I was sort of testing how far I could push vanilla Doom in terms of map size and complexity, and this is what I ended up with.

1 hour ago, Austinado said:

...there some dark areas (that i hate personally)

This is strange. They show up way darker for you than they should. There are areas that require the light amps, which should be pitch black. On the other hand, everything in Depot should be navigable without light amps, but it looked much too dark on your video. Not sure what's up with that.

49 minutes ago, Austinado said:

and 64 (i think) secrets...i have find about 5 or 6, but im a kind of player that dont cares about secrets too much. Overall, its a good well design map. I have enjoyed it...

The secret count is a little overblown partly because of all the little item alcoves with the forcefields count as secrets because they're optional and require rockets to access.

51 minutes ago, Austinado said:

- I know there is alot of secrets, probably gives ammo and health that you need. Not saying secrets in a large number is bad...but maybe giving the player healt and ammo than all these secrets to find would be better (or decrease the secrets and balance them ).

Admittedly it is designed to be kind of tight on ammo, in large part to make the item alcoves I mentioned above more valuable. Though it's beatable even on UV without finding any secrets. I've watched a bit of the video and I do see you leaving a number of pickups behind -- I think just not noticing them?

56 minutes ago, Austinado said:

- 700 and something monsters...when you realize you dont have to kill them all...it gets quickier to go through onwards the map. Maybe its just me, but i have played in HMP, and i cant imagine playing this in Nightmare.

Neither can I! I suspect Nightmare is impossible without co-op buddies. Even then it's probably insanely hard.

5 minutes ago, Austinado said:

I think i dont have the plutonia iwad...

never mind..i think i got it..

PHOBOS ABANDOUNED OUTPOST (PART1)

By @PeterMoro

Download here

Dont you love when you are starting a map, and you know there will be quality and fun gameplay? I sure do. And this is what i got from this "project", ill call it this way. From what i know, this is part one, and lets hope that after part two more 5 or six comes to us DoomPlayers. 

Like you guys already realised, i enjoyed this pretty much, so much, that when i was entering part II, im suposing is the following map, i got sad. Dont let the 600 and something monsters scared you...no, after you start to play, ill forget about that. Well balanced ammo, health, good monster placement...you just crave for more and more in wide map, but not much confusing. Yeah, i liked very much this one. About video PART2 im sorry about my microphone...maybe too close to my mouth, sorry about that. This said...what are you waiting for?? Release more...we are waiting...and dont forget about me buster...

-----//-----

Edited by Austinado

IN THE DOG HOUSE (MAP01/MAP02/MAP04/MAP05)

By @Archie550

Download here

So, about this one, the first two maps i did not enjoyed too much, yeah there is alot of fighting monsters, but personally i dont like the texture choices, there is some impassible zone to open area, and some rooms are just to tight. About the two last ones, the 4th map i hated the dark area (because im a son of a bitch with dark areas) the texture choices not a great thing as well, it seem this 4th map took alot of work, i praise that...but an increasing difference about the two first maps of the wad. I pretty much enjoyed the last map (map05) with interesting fights and a final fight with alot of revenants/machinegunners and arch-villes. 

Final remarks:

- Yeah, maybe its just me, but those dark areas with the imps...not fair for the player...and i reach that part i had rockets...i struggled with that..got frustrated, sorry about that.

- I liked your traps, that´s how its meant to be...

- Poor music choices...im no DJ..but if it was me i would change the music (Map05 its fine);

- In map04 was i suposed to fight a SpiderMastermind? 

- Keep it up...more comments in the videos below.

-----//-----

Hey man, thanx for playing / reviewing my map - so glad that you enjoyed it! I think you experienced what i was hoping the player would experience, and that is a fun ride with plenty of action, exploration and mystery. I'm a little disappointed that you didn't find any secrets. There are four and they are not so difficult to find and well worth the effort of looking for them. You came very close to finding some once or twice, but no matter. They are not essential. 

This is just a "teaser" for part II, which is bigger and bolder with plenty of fast-paced outdoor shoot outs as well as some indoor close-quarters skirmishes and exploration all based around some detailed areas which are scenic but not confusing. Gameplay / difficulty is similar to this first map, just bigger. Check out "Show me what you are working on - i wanna see your wads!" for part II screen shots. I'm working hard to get part II finished. Hopefully it's released in a few months. Cheers.

54 minutes ago, PeterMoro said:

I'm a little disappointed that you didn't find any secrets. There are four and they are not so difficult to find and well worth the effort of looking for them. You came very close to finding some once or twice, but no matter. They are not essential. 

Cheers.

@PeterMoro

Hello, did much enjoyed the map, and gonna be honest with you...im not much for secrets...in my maps i put them too...but meh...if i find ok if not oh well.

Thanks alot and keep up the good fine work you are doing here ;)

@Jeremixh just for you to know, i am playing FBK, pretty cool indeed. Because its a megawad, it will take time to record and deliver. Cheers*