Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

DESERTED BASE

BY @Alfredo

Download Here

Its a nice map we have here.

Though its pretty large in area and with about 700 monsters, in his 7th map release, we do have fun. It feels like a deserted base consumed by monsters and you know it because of the portal. I always think its a cool thing everytime i found one in the WADs i play.

Portal.jpg.365f01e16f4b643c143887fa5819b113.jpg

Final Remarks:

- Because its a large map, its normal to miss some textures or alignments linedefs...

34:46

textureq.jpg.ff849a5952dcee5a42c318849b9624a7.jpg

- I loved the details in the map...the two locked doors, water falling in the cave, the door inoperative that opens when we fire at it...nice.

- I did not understand why nukage its not warmfull and water is.

- A good monster placement with good challenge. I cant complaint, the mapper give us ammo and health to go on and battle in equality.

- The portal, i said in the beggining and i say it again, its cool, i loved it.

- Fun in gameplay, that´s all we need.

- The final battle is disappointing. Its a great fight through the map and at the end with the BFG is quite simple to end the map.

- In the overall its a nice job we have here and i enjoyed to play it.

- Thanks for the request!

-----//-----

1 hour ago, Austinado said:

Snip

I'm curious how all those textures bugged out. Those lines are set to be Line Horizon. It seems to have bugged out with which renderer you were using for GZDOOM. 

Could you tell me what you were using to play  the map? Particularly the rendering mode. I have been testing in Hardware accelerated. 

I appreciate the playthrough and i'm really happy you enjoyed the gameplay :)

Those areas should look like this. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20191030_190021.png.58cc0f21e237c4f81afcdfb308e41cfd.pngScreenshot_Doom_20191030_190605.png.53dab1c2453374fdc1252bb91ee2a869.pngScreenshot_Doom_20191030_190515.png.4e12504df29ed72ab121fd6c514acefb.pngScreenshot_Doom_20191030_190135.png.7402cbcfd61af4c4ef8a68634d5e1928.png

THE TOWER

BY @eirc

Forum Post

I dont like slaughtermaps, and i tried to finish this one...and made it. Proud of myself (hurray)!

Though i dont like slaughtermaps, i admire the mappers and players that do, and in this case it was nice to see, that it was not just a big area crumbled with monsters.

I dont like slaughtermaps, but i did enjoyed this one.

Did i said already that i dont like slaughtermaps?

Final Remarks:

- Congratulations for your first map! Hell of a job here.

- Visually its very nice, i know it gave alot of work, because its an hellish atmosphere, and the details are there and nice.

- I tried to do some tactics to get over the map, and it worked. It is nice the switches to crush the imps. Its a nice touch to save some ammo.

- The final area i felt i cheated but i know i didn´t...or was like that or i would die forever.

- I think the mapper will do great in mapping...i think in mapping is very important the details of course, and you got it right with minus flaws.

- Hope to see more (in my preference not slaughtermaps :D ) !

- Thank you very much for the request, i enjoyed it.

-----//-----

3 hours ago, Alfredo said:

Could you tell me what you were using to play  the map? Particularly the rendering mode. I have been testing in Hardware accelerated. 

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_Doom_20191030_190021.png.58cc0f21e237c4f81afcdfb308e41cfd.pngScreenshot_Doom_20191030_190605.png.53dab1c2453374fdc1252bb91ee2a869.pngScreenshot_Doom_20191030_190515.png.4e12504df29ed72ab121fd6c514acefb.pngScreenshot_Doom_20191030_190135.png.7402cbcfd61af4c4ef8a68634d5e1928.png

@Alfredo

I played in TRUE COLOUR SOFTPOLY. Maybe its something to do with that?

In the past i have played with Hardware accelerated, but sometimes the dark areas got too dark...

4 minutes ago, Austinado said:

@Alfredo

I played in TRUE COLOUR SOFTPOLY. Maybe its something to do with that?

In the past i have played with Hardware accelerated, but sometimes the dark areas got too dark...

Yep. That will do it. Soft Poly breaks line horizon linedefs for some reason. I'll make a note to include a rendering preference when I post another map. Thanks again for playing!

Wow mate that was some quick delivery! Thanks for taking the time to do this. So it's gonna be movie night tonight watching you smack against my wad :)

On 10/29/2019 at 9:49 PM, Austinado said:

60 SECRETS - MAP05

BY @nicolas monti

Download Here

"...Monti Style...."

I hear myself saying this phrase outloud when i play the maps of this mapper. It is indeed a good thing. The mapper is leaving a mark in my point of view.

Another enjoyable map here...and wanting for more to come.

Final Remarks:

- For the first time, this map from this WAD, reminded me MASS EXTINCTION. No, its not a bad thing, but the mapper have to be carefull to try to separate "one" from the "other"...yet, maybe its because of the "monti stlyle" feeling.

- Man did i struggled with health, yet, its 60 secrets, 10 per map, and because i have found only 3 out of 10, i probably missed some "goodies".

-  Monti´s maps can be a damn struggle sometimes, in this case i dont think is tooooo hard, the real struggle here like i said, was health...monster placement for me, was done very correctly.

- I enjoy the "smalness" of the map, and the "smartness" of the mapper.

- Thank you for the request!

-----//-----

Thanks and sorry for replying late, this is maybe a bit Mass Extinction Episode 3 due to the compohso usage and darkness and not so trappy combat, still, I'm fond of this particular one, hopefully the next map will be very unique as it is sketched so far.

Ok, I guess I shouldn't ask people that don't do slaughtermaps to run them :)

The amount of monsters scares people and they end up camping which actually makes the map way more difficult and you end up quicksaving every couple seconds which is definitely not fun. If you see for example how you did the rocket launcher fight, running back at the maze is really a deathtrap, a couple tries running in the "arena" and you did it easily. Same with the next fight. All the fights can be done way easier by running around avoiding projectiles and trying not to rocket your face :) Of course this playstyle is difficult and not for everyone.

Anyway this was very helpful, I'll disclaim the slaughter part more and I'll try to balance non UV even better so I cannot thank you enough for sticking through it and I'll let you know if I make a normal map!

PS You're really doing a great service to the community btw, keep it up!

1 hour ago, eirc said:

The amount of monsters scares people and they end up camping which actually makes the map way more difficult and you end up quicksaving every couple seconds which is definitely not fun. If you see for example how you did the rocket launcher fight, running back at the maze is really a deathtrap, a couple tries running in the "arena" and you did it easily. Same with the next fight. All the fights can be done way easier by running around avoiding projectiles and trying not to rocket your face :) Of course this playstyle is difficult and not for everyone.

Anyway this was very helpful, I'll disclaim the slaughter part more and I'll try to balance non UV even better so I cannot thank you enough for sticking through it and I'll let you know if I make a normal map!

18 hours ago, Austinado said:

THE TOWER

BY @eirc

Forum Post

I dont like slaughtermaps, and i tried to finish this one...and made it. Proud of myself (hurray)!

Though i dont like slaughtermaps, i admire the mappers and players that do, and in this case it was nice to see, that it was not just a big area crumbled with monsters.

I dont like slaughtermaps, but i did enjoyed this one.

Did i said already that i dont like slaughtermaps?

Final Remarks:

- Congratulations for your first map! Hell of a job here.

- Visually its very nice, i know it gave alot of work, because its an hellish atmosphere, and the details are there and nice.

- I tried to do some tactics to get over the map, and it worked. It is nice the switches to crush the imps. Its a nice touch to save some ammo.

- The final area i felt i cheated but i know i didn´t...or was like that or i would die forever.

- I think the mapper will do great in mapping...i think in mapping is very important the details of course, and you got it right with minus flaws.

- Hope to see more (in my preference not slaughtermaps :D ) !

- Thank you very much for the request, i enjoyed it.

-----//-----

Watching those BFG shots was painful, Austinado! When you shoot and then duck behind cover, you lose most of the tracer damage (Which is what does all the damage). Normally if you're under fire, what you can do is shoot the bfg into a wall and pop out from cover, and if you've timed it right, the tracers will all hit the monsters in a cone from the direction you fired.

That said, I couldn't beat that section at all (On UV) so you're still ahead of me!

2 hours ago, eirc said:

@eirc

You shoud always try to see someone play your work...even if a playtester dont like the genre. In my case, sure, i dont like...but i enjoyed it, and whenever you need, ill try to be here.

Thanks alot for the words, and keep up the nice job!

32 minutes ago, Magicana said:

Watching those BFG shots was painful, Austinado! When you shoot and then duck behind cover, you lose most of the tracer damage (Which is what does all the damage). Normally if you're under fire, what you can do is shoot the bfg into a wall and pop out from cover, and if you've timed it right, the tracers will all hit the monsters in a cone from the direction you fired.

That said, I couldn't beat that section at all (On UV) so you're still ahead of me!

@Magicana

Yeah, i said in the main post of this forum that im not a genius playtester...but ill take your tip with me, that´s for sure ;)

REALMS OF DR.CHAOS - SHADOWS OF MARS (incomplete)

(Heretic)

REQUEST BY @Impie

Webpage to Download

I must confess that im a little bit sad. Sad because i did not finished this, and sure wanted to.

It made me recall on a time that i played HexenII, and it was the same thing, loved it, it was engaging, the mistery to find the path or item so we can proceed. Did not finnished then, did not finished now. Im going to keep the WAD here with me, so maybe, just maybe ill pick it up once again and try to figure it out. 

Some screenshots

chaosmars-2.png.aba563af81273361524fc4d00130013d.pngchaosmars-3.png.1f2ae43f932109fd46484cca3625c0fb.pngchaosmars-4.png.3382d69298fdaf41538694d1ac8ed5a9.pngchaosmars-5.png.0ba80898d15137389e65450eeea32f15.png

Remarks:

- Dinosaurs, yes, you read it right. Some are passive, others atack you by long rage, but damn deadly.

- 4 areas to explore, in search of 3 keys that somehow will lead you to get batteries and leave the place with your sister. Thats more or less the story.

- I got only the yellow key, i did have found the green and blue key, but did not manage to figure out how to pick them out ( whisper sound: "looooseeerr").

- Its very easy to die here, from time to time monsters respawn, the ones that respawn are not much of a threat, they will leave ammo after death. But in case they get you, the infliction can be severe in your health, and then to find more health, can be a pain in the ass. Monsters here can be powerfull, and with two strikes you are dead. I died alot.

- We get items, we have storage and possibility to use items later, whenever you want. Some items can be very usefull like "Book of Tome" that is a 30 second upgrade to your weapon.

- Visually everything feels very good, though we have dinosaurs in area 1 (ill call it this way) it does not feel misplaced. All the areas are unique. Not very very large for exploration but intriguing enough so you want to see more..discover more.

- The videos can be boring. I went and came alot from the areas too many times to figure out where to go and what to do.

- Personally i enjoyed this, and no, im not going to make this "a must play" Mod, but sure is interesting.

- Sorry i did not finished, but at least there are recordings and there is some thoughts about this Mod, and maybe can rise curiosity for others. You should try it.

- Thank you very much for the request!

-----//-----

Hello! Sorry for the delay on the deliver, ill be uploading soon.

Keep up with requests if you want to.

Cheers!

Austinado

3 new maps are ready for in the doghouse. I was contemplating not sending you any more cause the wad is gonna get slaughtery and you hate slaughter, but whatever.

play maps 05, 07, and 08. I moved the old map03 to map06.

map05 is weird and gimmicky.

map07 is kinda hard you probably shouldn't play on UV. It's a dead simple map, so keep the monster special actions in mind if you get lost.

map08 is really hard, you might not be able to beat it even on HNTR but just see how far you get i guess.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nb0gu5odgo29t10/boomhouse.wad?dl=0

48 minutes ago, Arbys550 said:

3 new maps are ready for in the doghouse. I was contemplating not sending you any more cause the wad is gonna get slaughtery and you hate slaughter, but whatever.

@Arbys550 one the main objective of my videos here in the community is so the mapper can see some perspective of gameplay from others, so even if i dont like slaughter maps , feel always free to send your maps whenever you want. I will always give it a try.

Thanks for the request.

BREAK-IN!

BY @TravyB

Download Here

Its always exciting to see and play new maps with the OTEX, even more because in my actual project (SCOURGEV) i am using it as well.

This map, its a very nice map, with some "backstabbing" moves (in the dark "tunnel" with hidden shotgunners) but in the overall, nice, with details in visuals, not bad monsters placement and got me curious for what is coming for the next two maps.

Thanks for the request!

-----//-----

If you didn't already, here's something you could look into. I always like seeing playthroughs!

Edited by Aurelius

HYDROPHOBIA

BY @Alfredo

Download Here

Loved it. I could finish the review just like that.

Yes, there is alot of monsters, but with that, we have alot of fun and map large enough to make you spend a good time.

The mapper told me that this time (because i have played one previously of his) i would not find "the final fight" disappointing and he was right. A good ending for a juicy, fair, challenging and fun map. Each area is well thought, connected to the map and purposed to progession.

What can i say more? Recommended!

Hope to see more maps with this kind of quality!

Thanks for the request and please, keep it coming!

-----//-----

Hi! This is my first WAD, and I'd love some feedback on it!

It's a few hours of gameplay and if you want a challenge Ultra-Violence is the way to go! If you want to get the full experience without a ton of extra monster fluff Hurt me Plenty would be suitable as well!