Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

Hello everyone, i have been working night shifts often, so its been kind of hard to deliver the videos. Ill try in the next few days catch up. Sorry about that.

Austinado.

LOST CIVILIZATION (Map04 and Map20)

BY @Jaska

Download Here

Forum Post

God Damn this is nice!

I got pretty much impressed with these two maps. It amazes me what mappers can do nowadays and this is another excelent example of beautifull and hard work mapping.

I was not expecting so much...and now i clearly i understand why this is a nomination for Cacowards. I thought maybe i would not finish this...it did had take me a while to finish it, but its done and so much of fun i had!

Loved everything about it, the "new" sounds from the weapons, the design of the maps, everything just feels right. Not very very hard in UV, and pretty fair with the player.

Thank you very much for the request...like i said, did much enjoyed it and for me, fully recommended.

-----//-----

-----//-----

Hey, I have map for you to try, please play it when you're ready. You need doom 1 iwad, boom compatible port, such as gzdoom or prboom+(both works for me). It's in e1m1 slot:

IN THE DOG HOUSE  - MAP05/07/08

BY @Arbys550

Download Here

About Map05

Like the mapper said, it is kind of weird, but surely diferent when all the enemies are arachnotrons, There are switches to press, and this map is more likely the first maps of the project. Its not a bad map,but sure is a inconsistency side by side like map06 or even map07

About Map07

Its a good one, and this is a good direction. Tough i must confess, at the end i got a little lost, its a nice gameplay, challenging..and the mapper provides the map icon so you can guide the best for your effort be good to end the map. Probably the mdain confusion here is what the switches do...custom textures of monsters gives a different touch. For me, the best map out of three that were requested by the mapper.

About Map08

We have a challenging son of a bitch here, but i made it. Tough the mapper said i would not probably finish this map, i did have put up my efforts to finish it.

Yes, the final area can be a little bit slaughter, but doing the things correctly, you manage it.

Had great fun with the maps, thanks for the request!

-----//-----

On 11/11/2019 at 5:08 AM, Austinado said:

LOST CIVILIZATION (Map04 and Map20)

BY @Jaska

Download Here

Forum Post

God Damn this is nice!

I got pretty much impressed with these two maps. It amazes me what mappers can do nowadays and this is another excelent example of beautifull and hard work mapping.

I was not expecting so much...and now i clearly i understand why this is a nomination for Cacowards. I thought maybe i would not finish this...it did had take me a while to finish it, but its done and so much of fun i had!

Loved everything about it, the "new" sounds from the weapons, the design of the maps, everything just feels right. Not very very hard in UV, and pretty fair with the player.

Thank you very much for the request...like i said, did much enjoyed it and for me, fully recommended.

-----//-----

-----//-----

Thanks! It is so important to see someone else to play. Map04 didn't have problems I think but map20 had. I was quite aware of those.. So it is easy not to know what to do next as the map is so big. It is still quite difficult to fix. Red key area was another problem which I thought would be. Video on map20 part04 had some issues with audio.

As you liked you can play other maps also. Those are smaller and not so nonlinear most of the time.

@Austinado

Thanks for playing! I'll clarify some things for you:

map05 is supposed to be shaped like a spiderweb but it's not really that obvious. Yes, it is one of the first maps I made, about a year ago.

map07:

Killing all the arachnotrons raises the arachnotron textured bridges

Killing all the mancubi lowers the mancubi textured walls

The area at the start with the switches is a counter so that you know how many left of each you have to kill. (One of them wasn't functioning properly, I fixed that)

on map08, good job!

As far as the overall wad, yes, it is turning out very disjoint because early here we have a mix of my old maps and new maps. Hopefully it becomes more consistent as the wad goes on

1 hour ago, Arbys550 said:

@Austinado

map07:

Killing all the arachnotrons raises the arachnotron textured bridges

Killing all the mancubi lowers the mancubi textured walls

The area at the start with the switches is a counter so that you know how many left of each you have to kill. (One of them wasn't functioning properly, I fixed that)

Now, that makes alot of sense and really is a good idea. Thanks for the explanation. Did enjoyed this especific map...

16 hours ago, Jaska said:

As you liked you can play other maps also. Those are smaller and not so nonlinear most of the time.

@Jaska i would like to play other maps, these two that i played showed alot of quality and got me wanting for more. The thing is, i have no current time to do so, since if you dont noticed, my Queue list of requests are pretty keep me up busy...

Nice job man...nice job.

REMNANT

BY @Aurelius

Download Here

"What a nice job we have here!"

In the videos i repeat this alot, first of all because of the details and level design, the fun and challenging gameplay is also the big factor.

We´ve got a little of everything, secrets, custom weapons, ccustom sounds, custom monsters...most of all, a great, large, beautifull map.

I did struggled a little, mostly because im a little bit of a noob, fights with Cybers that took more time that it should, secrets that i never have patience to look for, and playing more with the heart than the brain.. oh well, did tooked me long time to finish it but i sure had a hell of a fun time.

This is a kind of map to look as good example to follow in every aspect in my humble opinion.

Thank you very much for the request! Hope for more..and more...

----- // -----

DESERTED PHOBOS FACILITY

BY @Misty

Download Here

Its a simple a fun map. Not much to add here. The mapper have experience in mapping ( i have played other maps of his) and this one looks like he simply took a break to do something. And there. Its done...

It does not mean it is a bad map...nope, but i know, you know, he knows...that he can do 10 times better than this. But of course, from what i read...it was done quickly and simple.

Either way is always a pleasure to play his maps and learn from him.

Thank you very much for the request!

----- // -----

THE CRATER

BY @Dubbagdarrel

Download Here

Its not a bad map, but there is some issues that should had been fixed before the release.

Final Remarks:

- Its not a bad progession on the map i enjoyed it.

- The textures choices are not the best..there is misalignments, and there is walls that because the texture is different, the player knows upfront that there is monster there...killing a little bit the element of suprise. Lifts texture are not the best choice either...

- The back of this door (image below) its necessary to remove the middle texture. The door opens, but from the back visually it looks like the door is closed.

Door.jpg.f319f431f22100b27f1e711c5603e7e7.jpg

- Spider Mastermind placement is not good, easy to kill...no resistance.

- The final fight is disappointing. Though the "crater" looks very cool (and in my opinion the mapper should not elevate that terrain) the area is too wide. I did not even got the megasphere, it was not necessary. The final fight its an easy monster (the custom one) , and because the area is too wide, its easy to dodge atacks and fire at will. In my opinion it should more monsters with the final boss and little bit more of confinment in the final area ...

- Overall, we have good progression and fun fighting moments. No ammo and health issues for me.

- Thank you very much for the request!

-----//-----

@Austinado Thanks for playing Remnant! I'm glad you liked it. Especially during the harder fights I'm glad you stuck with it and came out victorious, I hope it was as rewarding for you as it was for me to see you get through them. I got a lot of good ideas from your playthrough, it was definitely useful.

Also, the plasma gun is actually only cosmetically modified, so it's as strong as a regular one. And it took me roughly 2 months to make it, and then during the third month after first release I made some updates. I'm fairly satisfied with the end product, glad to see you were too!

hey man thank you so much for playing The Crater. I know the boss fight at the end was a little dissapointing, but I kinda just threw it in for novelty's sake, the fight at the end of "Dracula" is way better. And I am mortified at that door texture I accidentally left in and last time I remember that hallway with the stairs and the imps wasn't THAT dark but maybe your lighting settings are different. You are right about the Spider mastermind, I should have just kept that out. There's so many variants in WAD making that it's difficult to get everything 100% perfect.  Glad you liked it though. IDK if you're ready for Sizzle though LOL.

15 hours ago, Austinado said:

Edited by Dubbagdarrel

On 11/11/2019 at 12:36 AM, superboo07 said:

I will kindly refuse these 3 maps, since they look like 1 mod that already exists and simple remakes.

Sorry.

SIZZLE

BY @Dubbagdarrel

Download Here

Im not very found of Slaughter maps, but like i always say, at least i give it a try.

The mapper says that "It is a slaughter WAD and must be approached patiently." and that is correct, in terms that you will have alot of killing and the progession is done step by step...but very acceptable.

Final Remarks:

- For me, the heavy machinegun from Realm667 is the highlight from this map, it feels right, it kills with an imense power.

- Texture choices are not the best..visually it looks a little akward, but lets keep in mind this is from 2005.

- Sometimes is good to know what are the conclusion of pressing switches...

- In the Overall is very playable and you do have fun. It was relief to verify that is was not simply a bunch of rooms full of monsters. Theres a progression to be done, and that was the main reason that kept me going.

-----//-----

DRACULA

BY @Dubbagdarrel

Download Here

I like this one. I have played two previous maps from this mapper, and here we can see a good improvement. Its atmospheric "Dracula" themed, custom music, custom voice off from the mapper himself (nice touch by the way) and a final boss Dracula that tough its not very hard to kill, its different and a good culmination of the WAD´s name. For me, this is the best one i have played from the four maps that were requested by the mapper.

Final Remarks:

- Lava does no damage (once again),its not mandatory, but it feels a little bit weird.

- If we fall in the pit (image below), there is no way out (10:40 video). Because blood does no damage, the player gets trapped...i had to get out, cheating...must be fixed.

Pitt.jpg.81e8423a3bd04a3fcf20226d01ef24e8.jpg

- Nice Dracula "Faces" on the Walls...funny and it does works!

- Great improvement on textures choices, and the fog at the beggining its a nice touch.

- The final fight its not hard, but the space is confined, and its pretty acceptable the level of difficulty.

- I did enjoyed this...

-----//-----

SPASM

BY @Dubbagdarrel

Download Here

Its a nice little map, fun to play with almost 160 monsters. It was made in one day, simple and could be the beggining of something, at least it feels like it.

Final Remarks:

- Once again, nukage does no damage.

- Its important to test the map. I have found one spot (images below) where the player cant pass to get the items.

SPACE2.jpg.2b8b591d63cbbd5e6c441792b5bb4b75.jpg

SPACE.jpg.f77ebb97ca6bfc244a8e09fbcd2ac29c.jpg

- Good improvement on visuals, textures.

- Fun gameplay with its simplicity.

-----//-----

16 hours ago, Austinado said:

SPASM

BY @Dubbagdarrel

Download Here

Its a nice little map, fun to play with almost 160 monsters. It was made in one day, simple and could be the beggining of something, at least it feels like it.

Final Remarks:

- Once again, nukage does no damage.

- Its important to test the map. I have found one spot (images below) where the player cant pass to get the items.

SPACE2.jpg.2b8b591d63cbbd5e6c441792b5bb4b75.jpg

SPACE.jpg.f77ebb97ca6bfc244a8e09fbcd2ac29c.jpg

- Good improvement on visuals, textures.

- Fun gameplay with its simplicity.

-----//-----

Thank you so much for playing my WADs, I'm glad you liked them. Just so you know though, that "H" shaped computer pillar in Spasm that blocks those items is actually a secret lift. I will admit though I shouldn't have expected anyone to know that.

Hey, Do you want my REBELDOOM wad for doom II?

Have six new maps and tons of new stuff. I'll send you it by private message ;)

18 minutes ago, doomkr said:

Hey, Do you want my REBELDOOM wad for doom II?

Have six new maps and tons of new stuff. I'll send you it by private message ;)

@doomkr sure, send it and ill put it in queue.

22 minutes ago, Austinado said:

@doomkr sure, send it and ill put it in queue.

@Austinado Done, but please, don't give it to anyone. If somebody request you it just contact me. Thanks and cheers!

PRISON

BY @CBM

Download Here

We have to keep in mind that this map is from 1999, but still, it presents many flaws that have to be fixed.

Tough the conception of the map is interesting (prison escape) and the challenge is there as well, visually its poor, the progression is not accurate for the player, the not choices for texturing properly the walls, makes the map a little bit strange even if we can see it as prision facility.

In my opinion, the mapper should pick up this map, remake it, and clear all the flaws. This could be a nice one...but there is alot of work to be done.

Thanks for the request!

-----//-----

Edited by Austinado

60 SECRETS - MAP06

BY @nicolas monti

Download Here

Its an intriguing and challenging map. I will not talk anymore about textures because i think the mapper is tired of listening about that. I think in comparison with the previous maps this one can "bite your ass" a little bit more, with interesting "monti´s style" (platforming for progression), enough ammo (rocket launcher being essential ) and health.

I found only one thing that could be better, the lift that takes the player to the rooftop should be a little bit larger...because if there´s Cacodeamons in that opening, the lift makes a comeback down because of obstacle on top. Since the player cant overlook...its an easy prey to the Caco´s.

Final Remarks:

- A good map, no discussion about that.

- You dont like revenants ? Well prepare yourself...

- Challenging...and you think you can be camper? Well good luck. 

- The window in the area to release the blue key, its a good area to fight the Cyberdemons (its a tip) but at the end i went to the open field to finish it.

- Again, a nice job.

- Thanks for the request!

-----//-----

Edited by Austinado