Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

Hello guys, so im taking a few days off starting today, and planing to return here 18 of December just to finish Alienated by @Lorenz0.

If you have any requests, just leave it as usual and ill add afterwards to the Queue.

@Lorenz0 just 2 maps to finish the recordings, if you want to (or anybody else here), you can check what i have done until now HERE in my youtube channel.

See ya guys!  ; )

Austinado

Hey man, so I'm working on an 8 map episode and have released the first level to see if people like where I'm gonna be going with it. I want to go for fun instead of over the top visual aesthetics in this episode. You see I tend to go big alot of the time so I want to make 8 maps that can be completed in about 5 to 10 minutes each and still be a ball to play. This one map might not be enough to formulate an opinion on the completed map set but it's a good reference for what to expect. Of course there will be some difficulty progression as the final maps progress. Thing is no one's really giving me much input on this WAD so I just thought "Well I know who will tell me what I need to know, Austinado!" So if you don't mind, when you have the time, would you mind playing and recording this one and letting me know if you think I'm going in the right direction? I really hope so considering that I'm really enjoying this simplistic fun approach. Sorry that there's no .txt file included in the .zip yet.

Episode.zip

ALIENATED

BY @Lorenz0

w.jpg.392089e3c6a9708dc94010a78b5bc613.jpg

Download Here

It was in my personal "to do list" but the mapper made the request.

And sweet mother of Jesus, im so glad he did.

This is an amazing job by Lorenz0, and being released at 08/09/2019 makes me a little bit sad that it did not won a Cacoward2019, and because only WADs from mid-november 2019 will be considered for the Cacowards2020 it gives me more sadness because i cant nominate this beauty.

I can say its challenging, i can say visually its amazing and beautifull, i can say its not impossible but not an easy task as well.

I got hours of fun, and most joy playing this. I can only say thank you very much for this request!

FINAL REMARKS:

- I did not played the secret map (that you can acess from map06) did not found the path...and oh well. Im not much of secrets.

- The ending..it would be nice to have some end story instead of "Map10, player not found".

- One of the best WADs i have ever played (in my opinion of course).

- A must play WAD.

-----//-----

Thank you for your kind words Austinado, I'm glad you enjoyed playing through my wad this much. It might not have gotten a cacoward this year, but a runner up is honestly more than enough for me.

I've watched 3/4ths of your playthrough so far and I had a lot of fun with it. So I'll be sure to watch the final part as well shortly. Thanks for playing! :)

Just in case you missed it, Austinado, Alienated did receive "runner up" status. Not quite the same, but still one of like 20 wads mentioned out of hundreds that were released.

Alright, as promised, I'm finally sending some maps your way. Here is the thread. GZDoom is fine. No jump or crouch. Pistol starts. Please play maps 11, 21, 25, and 26 at your convenience. They all have one or two potentially tough spots. Save or cheat as needed. 1-2 hours total time. 

EPISODE (FIRST MAP)

BY @Dubbagdarrel

Download Here

Its always exciting to see mappers to start a project, and in this case Dubbagdarrel is working on it. In his words: "You see I tend to go big alot of the time so I want to make 8 maps that can be completed in about 5 to 10 minutes each and still be a ball to play."

Well in my opinion this is the correctr path with this first map. Nothing to rough, good little action with no starvation with health or amo (well balanced) and the sence of progression is simple.

I had 2 remarks on the gamplay, about the transition of textures and the choice of ceiling texture...and thats all. I will keep waiting for the upcoming maps since this promise some fun.

Thanks for the request!

-----//-----

Plutonia 3? I'm pretty sure that's not finished yet. plutonia 2 though is one of my all time favorites and I'm interested to hear what you think of the maps.

44 minutes ago, Arbys550 said:

Plutonia 3? I'm pretty sure that's not finished yet. plutonia 2 though is one of my all time favorites and I'm interested to hear what you think of the maps.

@Arbys550 i have got a link to download...but maybe its better to confirm with @OfficalKiller...

26 minutes ago, OfficalKiller said:

Oi!

Oi...Plutonia3 ? Está acabado ou em construção?

Translation: hello..plutonia3? It is finished or still being done?

39 minutes ago, Austinado said:

Oi...Plutonia3 ? Está acabado ou em construção?

Translation: hello..plutonia3? It is finished or still being done?

Idk my friend said that try the beta but i think its not working soooo meh

On 12/20/2019 at 5:23 PM, OfficalKiller said:

Idk my friend said that try the beta but i think its not working soooo meh

Ill let plutonia3 on the side for now.

CROSSBEARER (MAPS 11 / 21 / 25 / 26.incomplete.)

BY @HAK3180

Download Here

I got this request, and boy oh boy i was curious to see HAK´s work.

I think it started since september of 2017 (probably before that) and HAK3180 requested four maps. They are what i have expected from him, great fast pace on monster killing, puzzle map directions and interesting interconnection all over the map. I have found myself with challenging monster confrontation and a necessity to do some strategy so i could progress. I think ammo and health is balanced enough so you can end the maps, and visually we have nice details. Everything looks solid and it felt good visually speaking.

In the overall HAK3180 have here a damn interesting MegaWAD (and i have played only 4 of his maps of this project) but be aware...you dont have to be a master DOOM player here, but you cant be a softy one as well, because...the monsters will sure bite your ass...and HAK3180 made that clear in these maps.

A final saying in this introduction before the videos, i must say, it is an honor to play and record his videos, since he is a playtester, helping mappers to develop their projects, me included. I started my recordings this year here in the community with the same objective, and for sure HACK3180 is a reference for me. Thank you for the request, and for sure i will want to play this megaWAD when its released.

MAP 11

- Sure might be a simple texture thing, but i loved the transparent glasses with the white uac symbols.

- There is a switch that does not work, and simply dont know if it is on purpose, since other same switches in same "boxes" work...

1.jpg.bbd08e11799c7436431ae217b8b30ebd.jpg

- After getting the blue key and press the switch...yes the chaos installed, but awakes the hell out of you.

- A good SpiderMastermind placement...i needed the foes to help me out...or else i think i would be doomed.

- A very nice map here.

- - - -  // - - - -

MAP 21

- All maps are pistol start, and the start of this one, its a little bit hellish with monsters all over your shoulders and revenants missile your ass. We sure have to open our eyes. Challenging start there.

- i have found a secret with the BFG, a nice touch indeed.

- I managed to end the map, but if i wanted to kill all the monsters in the map, i dont think i would have enough ammo to do so. Maybe, and im speculating, the secrets can give you more ammo...

- - - - / / - - - -

MAP 25

- This map i think i was a little bit "soft" in comparison to the previous one, till the part im in confrotation with Cyberdemon, CacoDemons, a Baron and random ground lava, all at the same time.

- i had to edit (cutted off 35 minutes) PART01 because the last 35 minutes of the video is me dying and dying and dying. So i shutdown the game with frustration, and in the following day started from a saved slot and managed to progress...but man, let me tell you something...that was hard.

- - - - // - - - -

MAP 26 (INCOMPLETE)

- Incomplete because of the yellow key. I got to a point that i needed the invulnerability sphere, because facing the six or seven Arch-villes without it is not possible. I got the room of yellow key, and the puzzle to get the key is not much "accessible". Sure, we have the matching color switches, but everytime we press them, i dont think the player have the knowledge that there is a shootable switch behind all the bars. First of all i think the timing of "down upraise" is to fast, and second of all if we never see the shootable switch, i get the feeling that a press switch order is not done correctly.

- At this point i gave up, because i found out the shootable switch by cheating to know what the hell was going on.

- Another challenging map, the time we get over the area in direction for the blue skull key, man...revenants and Barons in your direction! I died a few times, but with a little bit of patience we can run away from the area.

FINAL REMARKS:

- We have nice material here, probably a little bit hard for the more "soft" doom players. May i say challenging? Well, ill say it will bite your ass if you dont open your damn eyes.

- I like the way some traps are done with linedefs when the player passes through.

- There is careness with lights, and some interesting visual details.

- Giving puzzle things to do in doom WADs is part of doom of course, but sometimes make it simpler is "better".

- I hope the mapper releases this project the year 2020. I know that time probably is not much, but i think it would be a very nice release.

- Once again, thank you very much for the request!

Edited by Austinado : Wrong word

- Hello guys, is that beatifull time of the year, and because of that, i will stop my video recording this year.

- Time to take some rest with the family, at the same time, dinners, work...and not much of time.

- Ill be back in the second week of January (maybe the week before).

- Of course ill be visiting here the forum everyday and you may do your requests the same so i can add them to my queue.

Till then:

il_570xN.1347789749_thuu.jpg.9e2ced242ad8087707418acb37dcac35.jpg

Excellent! Many thanks for playing through these. I have watched the first three so far. Some comments:

First of all, I apologize. I thought you usually played Hurt Me Plenty. I would have warned you about a few more parts if I had known you were going for Ultra-Violence.

Map 11

Switch issue: I intend that as a sort of TV screen. It's supposed to show you what the switch did. It's like a poor man's cutscene. You're not supposed to be able to jump to that rocket launcher. The line should be impassable. I thought I already changed that, but not in this version, I guess.

The glass window is SMGLASS1 from TNT.

That was actually a really nice first run on the blue key "chaos."

Map 21

Good run. That beginning can be very tough indeed. I've had a lot of deaths there myself.

Nice job on secrets. The ones you missed did not actually add much ammo. The end part was very unfortunate. On your very first attempt, you actually picked up 20 rockets and 200 cells right before you died (47:47), but you must not have realized it because you never went back for it in your following attempts. It's kind of ironic - that little closet is blinking in the middle of your screen at 59:30 as you are literally saying, "I don't have enough ammo." ;) But these things happen. It's amazing how much less you notice when you're actually the one playing instead of watching the video.

Map 25

Yeah, the cyberdemon fight is very rough. You get a suit on medium and an invulnerability on easy. The good news is that it is by far the hardest moment in Crossbearer so far (assuming you get the invulnerability in Map 26, haha). You say you died 30 times. I once died 50 times, so don't feel too badly. I will watch 26 tomorrow.   

5 hours ago, Austinado said:

CROSSBEARER (MAPS 11 / 21 / 25 / 26.incomplete.)

- Incomplete because of the yellow key. I got to a point that i needed the invulnerability sphere, because facing the six or seven Arch-villes without it is not possible. I got the room of yellow key, and the puzzle to get the key is not much "accessible". Sure, we have the matching color switches, but everytime we press them, i dont think the player have the knowledge that there is a shootable switch behind all the bars. First of all i think the timing of "down upraise" is to fast, and second of all if we never see the shootable switch, i get the feeling that a press switch order in not done correctly.

I've played this map and I had the same problem with the YK - However, the AV fight is definitely possible. There is -some- cover you can use back by where you entered that area. Make sure you're smashing the AV with rockets though.

4 hours ago, Magicana said:

I've played this map and I had the same problem with the YK - However, the AV fight is definitely possible. There is -some- cover you can use back by where you entered that area. Make sure you're smashing the AV with rockets though.

Well i believe its possible...but Jesus Christ what chore!!

Okay, 26:

In general, I sometimes make my maps to require the player to be somewhat observant. On Ultra-Violence in particular, you can't always afford to miss pickups unless you're being very efficient. The rockets on top of the little green SPmountain were not secret; you just had to keep platforming your way there. The yellow key is a secret and it's as close to a mandatory secret as I'll ever have. The rest are helpful but nothing overly substantial. But as you can see, the total ammo is sufficient. Sometimes it's just a matter of getting stuff at the right times. There are also extra suits on easy and medium. Still, balancing is always something I'm looking to improve. It's hard to give the player too many bullets, in my opinion, so I may scatter a few more of those.

Yes, the yellow key. I wanted to make the fight just barely possible without the invulnerability. I actually got the idea from E4M6 where one of the keys gives you nothing but an invulnerability for the last cyberdemon. None of my original prerelease testers worked out the yellow key secret. One of them got lucky, but it's not really something you can guess. I will most likely alter it in some way, but I wanted to leave it in at least temporarily for a public release.

Anyway, here's how the puzzle works:

Spoiler

The mechanics: lifts in Doom lower to the lowest adjacent sector at the time. This means you can manipulate the same lift to lower to a different height depending on what else is going on. I forget exactly how I set it up, but it depends on hitting the blue switch both before and after hitting the green switch.

But you don't need to know any of that. What you're supposed to figure out is that it's a four-switch puzzle. The metal bars behind the glass are supposed to indicate that it is a sequence of four. The colors correspond to fire torches. There is a place in the map with a single blue torch. There's another place with two green torches. There's another place with three blue torches. And there's a place with four red torches. Those are the only torches in the map. They are supposed to give you the order of the switches: blue, green, blue, red. No one has figured that out, so that's probably the part I will have to adjust. I might forget the torches and just make the metal bars color-coded instead.

In any case, thanks a lot for playing. This was very valuable. 

SINCITY3

REQUESTED BY @OfficalKiller

Download Here (you will have to register in the website to download the file)

We have this map that visually is good. In terms of difficulty, i did not find too hard. I must disagree that is like Big Guns like i was told at the time of the request. We have an interesting sky, some custom sounds (monsters and weapons...and meh about that), but at the end we feel that this is a project that was left unfinished, more maps would come i think. Still, its a good smooth map, but i was expecting more traps and there is alot of room to have more than one secret.

Thanks for the request.

-----//-----

DEFORMATION

BY @Perdition666

Download Here

Perhaps in my opinion the ceiling is too high. Usually that is used for Cacodeamons or Pain Elementals, giving a big wide area, its just making the player looking for monster that simply are not there. In the overall, there could be more monsters, and of course, more ammo. I dont know if this was done on purpose, but ammo is very strick. In the final area, i had to ask some help to my foes so i could kill some foes. We still feel that there is a little bit of amateurish mapping here, and there is nothing wrong with that. Is in step by step that we evolve.

Thanks for the request and more coments in the video.

-----//-----