Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

SEACON

REQUESTED BY @OfficalKiller

Download Here (to download this WAD you must be registered in the site)

I dont like to waste my fucking time with these kind of requests.

Like the Post Threath says "GIVE ME YOUR WADS - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM!" , the main objective here is to record your own work, to give advices so you can improve yourself. I dont have much spare time, but when i do, its not to do this kind of crap.

This is my last acceptance of request from this member.

=====//=====

SLIME INSTITUTE

BY @[Vitz!]

Download Here

This is nice, and we can see improvement from this mapper.

The idea of putting a MOD here was well thought, the machine gun and the plasma gun gives a nice touch to the whole thing. The map is simple with simple progression, but at the same time we have fun with it,. Overall, pretty solid, i would play more maps if this was a continuous project. More comments in the video.

Thanks for the request and hope to see more!

=====//=====

COMPOUND FRACTURE

BY @Dubbagdarrel

dojOWTR.jpg

Download Here

I was not expecting not much from this, but this mapper, gave some of his time, took careness about almost everything.

We have in total of 5 maps, where fun is guranteed, everything feels pretty solid, until you get to MAP05 where you get disapointment for so easy that is to finish it. Still, its recommended, huge improvment from this mapper. Yes a yes from me out of doubt.

FINAL REMARKS:

- From MAP02 on i say Complex Fraction...sorry about that :P!

- MAP05, come on, you know you could do better than that!

- Thanks for the request!

=====//=====

HELL IS MY HAPPY PLACE

BY @Doomed20

Download Here

So we have a first release and this is not bad, not bad at all. If this mapper needs some confidence to release more maps, well im am here to say so! Do it!

Its a simple map, where the balance is fine, the progression is fine and i would without a doubt continue to play more maps if this was a continuous project.

FINAL REMARKS:

- Some traps are simply a little too far from the player.

- More comments in the video.

- Thanks for the request! Lets see more shall we?

=====//=====

CASTEST

BY @Castelia

We have four maps that are quite simple with a little cute town at the end. Overall there could me more work done here, because it sure feels like a first release.

FINAL REMARKS:

- Textures are important, and giving a diferent light texture to make it a secret, its not much of a secret or even doors, doors are doors. There should be little bit more of care in that aspect.

- The ZELDA music was not too DOOM, but was fun to hear!

- In my opinion, all the maps should be review, too an upgrade. A little bit more of study on textures and increase the difficulty would be a key point.

- More comments in the videos.

- Thanks for the request!

=====//=====

Thank you so much for enjoying my WAD man, glad you liked it so much. I know the ending sucked but I didn't take the auto aim into consideration. Also I was starting to get a little burned out so I just decided to make a a shorter map that got to the point instead dragging out a level ths bad just for the sake of drawing it out. But I'm glad you liked it man be sending you some more in the future! Leslie Knope 2020 lol!

1 hour ago, Austinado said:

MAP09 - where the hell is the yellow key?

It's hidden behind a fake wall in the tunnel full of imps near the computer room with the barons and revenants. Fun fact - you're the first one not to find it. There is an indication the walls are fake. 

1 hour ago, Austinado said:

MAP15 - Incomplete, for me there was not enough ammo to face the amount of monsters.

True, there is a lot of infighting and there is a lot of ammo in secrets. Some find the ammo enough. I don't know, but yes, there is different opinion. 

All in all, I think it's best that multiple people are testing. This is what I want. 

2 minutes ago, spd7693 said:

It's hidden behind a fake wall in the tunnel full of imps near the computer room with the barons and revenants. Fun fact - you're the first one not to find it. There is an indication the walls are fake. 

True, there is a lot of infighting and there is a lot of ammo in secrets. Some find the ammo enough. I don't know, but yes, there is different opinion. 

All in all, I think it's best that multiple people are testing. This is what I want. 

Im not much of secrets..and yes, multiple people testing is the right thing to be done.

Thanks for playing my maps! I'll address a few things you brought up:

Spoiler

- Map01 was my first ever completed map, so it makes sense that it was really short and boring.

- I did give the player a Super Shotgun in the sewer portion of Map02 - you had to interact with the red line on the wall, since it was the only one there. Maybe I should've made it more obvious.

- I'll be honest, I didn't test this map for Ultra-Violence, but it's cool to see that stuff still (kind of) worked since I did adjust things slightly for different difficulties. Tweaking the Hell Knight trap so that you don't get cornered by them might have been a good idea in hindsight.

- I only noticed the misaligned pipe textures after posting the wad, unfortunately.

- When making Map03, I was inspired by lake areas in Zelda games, hence the Zelda music. I personally thought it fit to an extent, since the tone of the level was pretty light.

- I didn't use doors for areas that the player progresses to because I didn't think they fit with the mostly natural environment I was going for. That said, it probably would've been a better idea to use doors to differentiate secrets with the rest of the level.

- The reason I used slightly different textures, especially in Map03, is because I didn't want secrets to be overly cryptic. Again, I should have differentiated them from places the player was meant to go, as well as the texture I used for lower ledges.

- In Map04, I used alternating grey and brown brick textures to represent different buildings packed together, since I was going for a city vibe.

- I feel that the secret with the switch behind the desk was one of my best, so I'm glad you thought so too.

- The teleporter inside the house after jumping out the window was done so it wasn't possible to permanently miss anything.

- The Wolfenstein area was my attempt at what I thought was a neat throwback, or at least a way to differentiate one of the building interiors.

- If that final switch was any lower, it would start looping again at the top. I should've raised the stairs instead.

Anyway, even if you didn't think the maps were that good, I'm still glad to see someone play them. Feedback is what I wanted, so thanks again!

Good day!

I saw you had a jolly good operation going on here and just so happened to need a Megawad testing! I apologise for bestowing such an ask of your time which is very much of value - but testing is the last hurdle before I can release the Megawad which is called The Modest Mapping Challenge.

Please do not feel obligated by this request as it is quite a task understandably to test an entire megawad. There are 4 episodes and 2 secret maps made by a total of 17 mappers (some made more than one map), they are each credited before and after a map. The project is compatible with ports that run Limit-removing Vanilla or above (for example Crispy doom to GZdoom but not Chocolate Doom - I don't doubt your knowledge on this, I'm just stating) - if you do decide to undertake this I hope you enjoy it!

FLUIDITY

BY @Horus

dojOWTR.jpg

Download Here

This is a first release and my oh my, what we have got here...

What can we say is that this new mapper is not fooling around, making a map wich is pretty challenging, its surely not a map for soft playing doomers.

We know that this mapper can be recent on mapping, but no "child" in terms of Knowledge of monster placement, fighting within monsters, and i think being playing and participating in Ironman threads here in DoomWorld might have something to do with that. Well done...ill say well done.

FINAL REMARKS:

- Congratulations for your first release! A hell of a job here.

- A challenging map...Does not have to be IronMan you know  ;)

- The theme is well presented...its well achieved.

- Maybe a little too much chaingunners...at the beggining..in the middle..at the end!

- There is careness with textures, i think the ammo balance is ok, and loved the platform ways, reminded me the @nicolas monti style.

- Where the Mancubus go? Lol, i supose that when the area goes up..they stay down there.

- Alot of monsters...true, all hail down to the BFG and rocket launcher.

- At the final area, i think i could manage it by decieving the Cyberdemon to the initial area...

- Thanks for the request! Lets see more in the future!

=====//=====

6 hours ago, Austinado said:

SEACON

REQUESTED BY @OfficalKiller

Download Here (to download this WAD you must be registered in the site)

I dont like to waste my fucking time with these kind of requests.

Like the Post Threath says "GIVE ME YOUR WADS - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM!" , the main objective here is to record your own work, to give advices so you can improve yourself. I dont have much spare time, but when i do, its not to do this kind of crap.

This is my last acceptance of request from this member.

=====//=====

Yeah im just gonna leave it there so yeah if you angry im sorry but it's just a troll ok -_-

Here's the first section of what I plan on making a multi-part level. It takes me roughly 8 minutes to complete, I'd assume around 9 or 10 for a first-time playthrough

I've been very casually working on it for the last year and a half, mostly on making it look the way I want aesthetically. In terms of visuals, I'm pretty happy with it, but I don't know how I feel about the gameplay, which is why I'm here of course. 

This section is on the easier side, being that I intend on adding another 3 parts of similar size to the level, with difficulty ramping up slightly in each.

Side note: on my desktop computer, the brightness levels seem perfectly fine, but on my laptop, it is way to dark, causing me to have to turn up gamma correction. I don't expect you to have a problem with this, but let me know if you do so I can fix it.

Name: Iota Complex

Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/c9o4ku1t4attwi3/IotaComplex.wad/file

Credits: Ceeb's Quake 2 texture pack

Sourceport: gzdoom. Mouselook not required, but recommended. Jumping not required either

screenshot1.png

screenshot2.png

screenshot3.png

Edited by PepsiBepsi

Thanks @Austinado, and sorry for taking over an hour of your time with that map lol! I haven't had the chance to watch the video yet but definitely will be taking a look in due course. 

The Mancubi stayed down there because they are tagged to a different sector than the rest of the water. I think it should be an easy fix, I will just retag them to the same sector and have the Mancubi be there from the start rather than teleport in (and they teleport in before you reach that section anyway).

Map09 is finally done! This one took me a few months, you'll see why. I need to warn you about some things before you play it:

• It's very long. It takes me 35 minutes to beat, which means someone who doesn't know the map can take around 90 minutes to beat it, especially if you're doing commentary.
  • It's very hard, harder than map08. And slaughtery. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make it so hard, but I just can't help myself. You might want to stick with HMP and you can use iddqd if you get stuck.
  • There's some moderate platforming, I hope you don't mind too much.

I'm probably gonna end up moving this to map10 because I want multiples of 10 to be the epic ones in my wad.

download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/deqjlgmxm3rxjka/boomhouse.zip?dl=0

Also I hope your computer is good, because there are around 18,000 linedefs visible from the main hub area and I had to buy a better laptop to finish the map.

16 hours ago, Horus said:

Thanks @Austinado, and sorry for taking over an hour of your time with that map lol!

@Horus no need to apologize, it was my pleasure. Glad you have started mapping...i expect more in the future ;)

SUPERCHARGED BREAK IN !

BY @TravyB

Download Here

I had a few problems to start playing this, so i had to download the recent version of GZDOOM.

We have a very nice map with the fusion of Supercharge MOD by Tango and textures by Ukiro. Of course its always exciting to play a map with these new textures, and a good surprise for me that i did not played Tango´s MOD unitl now (actually thinking to had it to my upcoming project this year, we will see)...

That fusion works well in my opinion, and of course, the Ukiro´s textures gives a nice touch to a  simple tech base. No, nothing extravagant with the textures, but for a first map, for an initial project, we are expecting more with time. Glad i have waited to play this map, and just makes wondering what its coming next.

Thanks for the request!

FINAL REMARKS:

- Maybe a little bit more of ammo?

=====//=====

LOTA COMPLEX

BY @PepsiBepsi

Download Here

We can look at this initialy as big warehouse, where is not much crowed with monsters. The mapper says that he satisfied with the visuals, and i do agree with that, though there is some areas that could had more lamps, making the visuals look more "techbase-ich". It starts a little too dark, but the main objective here is to "light" up the map, so it makes all sense when you reach the objective.

FINAL REMARKS:

- We have huge and wide halls, that is merely occupied for some soldiers and imps. Big areas invites us to battle Cacos, Revenants, Arachnotrons, and for that , we cant fight them with a pistol or a shotgun. So Rocket Launcher, plasma gun...machine gun at least.

- This is an initial project from what i know, so in the video, there is some places where the player gets stuck, no way out, or even a lift that we can´t call back...stucked. Its presented in the video. Should be reviewed.

- The fighting action can be a little bit boring, since all we have is soldiers and imps (mainly of course there chaingunners/pinkies and Hellknight) and with that a shotgun mostly.

- Monster placemente should be reviewed in my opinion, and some phisical aspects of the map as well.

- The thing here is to have fun...and slow pace, slow weapons, weak monsters dont give the adrenaline (and i know this is only and area from three..but still).

- I think a good job can be done here, and im hopping to see more in the future.

- More comments in the video.

-Thanks for the request!

=====//=====

IN THE DOG HOUSE - MAP 09

By @Arbys550

Download Here

14 hours ago, Arbys550 said:

It's very long. It takes me 35 minutes to beat, which means someone who doesn't know the map can take around 90 minutes to beat it, especially if you're doing commentary.

- A little bit longer than that for me... :D

It's very hard, harder than map08. And slaughtery. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make it so hard, but I just can't help myself. You might want to stick with HMP and you can use iddqd if you get stuck. 

- I played in HMP, and so glad i did. I did not get stuck, but sometimes i used some cheats here and there, to try to see somethings, but never to my benefit ( Well maybe for one secret). I loved the part you said "but i just can´t help myself."

There's some moderate platforming, I hope you don't mind too much.

- I dont mind at all!

FINAL REMARKS:

- So, its a big ass map, probably the biggest and heaviest on monsters from this project. I respect the work that was done here.

- I think we have good balance here, all the fights are faire with provision of ammo, health, powerups.

- Sometimes the progression direction is a little bit confusing, there where certain times that i was getting always to the same place...

- Yes is a long walk to do in this map, but if you know where you are going..it takes lesser time of course.

- Slaughter. Not a fan, i respect and within time im embracing it, little by litlle...lets say 15% out of 100%.

- I might been a little bit noob with the BFG...oh well.

- In the overall i consider this a good map. But JizaS Kraist that was alot to explore.

- Thank you very much for the request!

PS - I finished this!...when i started to record Part03 i thought i would not make it. I repeat again, glad i played this in HMP.

=====//=====

13 minutes ago, Austinado said:

IN THE DOG HOUSE - MAP 09

[video]

I just finished my playthrough, so it will be uploaded in...a day or so. Mine was only about 18 minutes shorter than yours, I think. I'll have to watch this soon in double speed, of course ;)

Just now, HAK3180 said:

I just finished my playthrough, so it will be uploaded in...a day or so. Mine was only about 18 minutes shorter than yours, I think. I'll have to watch this soon in double speed, of course ;)

Man i just spent too much time roaming around the map to know where to go...there was some interesting slaughter fights there :D

I'm done with Austinado's first vid. Man that Blue key lift is hard to spot I guess. It's very frustrating cause you looked right at it, then turned away and wandered around for 30 minutes instead of riding it up to the BSK. I'll see if I can draw more attention to it. Also the Health bonuses are supposed to be an exploratory item. Finding all three opens up the Blue Skull Key. I put health bonuses on pillars as a visual queue, but you never saw it cause you never rode the lift up. Also I'll have to make the CG path more obvious.

21 minutes ago, Arbys550 said:

Man that Blue key lift is hard to spot I guess. It's very frustrating cause you looked right at it, then turned away and wandered around for 30 minutes instead of riding it up to the BSK. I'll see if I can draw more attention to it.

I think in this case i thought it was too easy..or just dumb myself there, because clearly the texture is support. Sorry about that...

On 1/16/2020 at 6:43 AM, OfficalKiller said:

Yeah im just gonna leave it there so yeah if you angry im sorry but it's just a troll ok -_-

Im acctualy having a project and my friend worte all of this and the only reason i requesting these wads is because i want to know how to make a great wad, that shitty seancon is my friend trolling because he's such an asshole(you can see every give wad and record poster got this wad example:HAK130 (i dont remember his name but it's something like that),and if you forgive me i wish you would continue PLUTONIA 2 for that is my favorite mega wad in a looooong time