Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

@Austinado Good luck on your project! Looking forward to playing it when the time comes. And thanks for your video playtesting too, probably I would never have picked up mapping without video playtesters like you and HAK3180

Thanks for all your help with my wad! You've been incredibly helpful and I'll be happy to return the favor and help you test your own project if need be.

23 minutes ago, Arbys550 said:

Thanks for all your help with my wad! You've been incredibly helpful and I'll be happy to return the favor and help you test your own project if need be.

You are welcome! At the time of playtesting, i will need the help from everyone!

Its a new map, a descent short 1, (after a while) hope you will enjoy it.

Aiming to make a series of maps in this wad.

40 minutes ago, vincent0s said:

Its a new map, a descent short 1, (after a while) hope you will enjoy it.

Aiming to make a series of maps in this wad.

I've sent you a private message. Thanks anyways!

On 1/28/2020 at 11:42 PM, Austinado said:

FEAR FACTOR (Incomplete)

By @MAN_WITH_GUN

dojOWTR.jpg

Download Here

Its incomplete because i think i did not managed well the usage of the suits, but dont get me wrong, this is a fine map with everything of fun included. I have nothing to say that in my opinion should be fixed...well, maybe an other way to reach that final area without pain sector. More coments in the video.

Thanks for the request and keep up the good work!

=====//=====

Thanks for playing! Yeah, and this wad you also couldn't get through, that's sad. But in any case, you enjoyed the wad itself, and this is important. 👌

On 1/28/2020 at 4:49 PM, Austinado said:

MAP29

I tend to be honest here, i think this map, is the weakest on this episode. Not that its a bad map, but in almost the end of the episode, it feels dislocated. In my opinion, this could be the first map of the episode, since the challenge is low and the simplicity invites such an beggining kind of map.

As the author of this map, I agree wholeheartedly. We are talking about what to do with this map, either to move it or beef it up. The map was made in approximately two days, due to an issue with an empty map slot at the last minute, hence why it is so simple. 

On 1/28/2020 at 4:49 PM, Austinado said:

MAP28

I Keep saying that i dont like slaughter maps, but litlle by little im embracing it. At first i thought..."naaa im not gonna do this!" but then, one more time, one more time...and then when you see yourself in the middle of it, having fun...you finally say "Hell yeah! Lets go!"

This could be the final map of this episode in my opinion. At the same time, the final map can be it as well.  A nice slaughter map, everything for me was well balanced...and imagine that...i had most fun...with a slaughter map! Nice Job!

And thank you for your kind words! The general consensus on this map seems to be that many people who aren't fans of slaughter have a lot of fun with this. It warms my heart. 

Hello @Voltcom, i am sorry, but for now im working in my own project and im taking a break from recording. I will return, but i have no date yet. Probably only after my release.

Ok, so because of this pandemic son of a bitch, im returning to open this thread again. Though im still working in my project, i do have and will have more time to record your videos if you wish me too.

A FEW IMPORTANT THINGS TO CLARIFY:

- Insert your requests always here in this Forum, in this post that i have created since 30June2019;

- Remember it takes time to record the maps, so be patient;

- No MegaWADs. The objective here (like always was) is for you to see some footage of your work played by someone (in this case..me);

- I will always inform here (Forum// this thread) when there is an update on the FINALIZED MAP LIST or the QUEUE;

- The links below, direct you to an external page, but there, when clicking in video, it directs you back here, where the videos are always posted.

== FINALIZED WAD/MAP LIST ==

(click above to access )

== QUEUE LIST ==

(click above to access )

- I use GZDOOM and ZDOOM sourceports.

- Im not a master DOOM/DOOM2 playtester, ill do video/audio/gameplay, always for fun, and i give my humble opinion about it;

- Usually i play in Ultra-Violence;

- I will stream (https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_) your requests, the main reason here is because its more faster to export to my youtube channel instead of recording and uploading.

- If i dont finish your WAD/MAP dont get mad. At least some recording its being done so you can see your work, so others can see your work, to encourage you to not to give up (im a mapper too) and its always a different perspective.

Thank you all,

Austinado

I made three maps and am always looking for input if youère bored enough

All tested on Zdoom. I play with freelook but probably shouildnèt be required

No jumping or crouching - intended for traditional gameplay really:

Brutal Breakout: http://www.levelgame.net/doom/BB.wad

Imp World: http://www.levelgame.net/doom/IMPWORLD.wad

The Button:  http://www.levelgame.net/doom/BUTTON.wad

Good to see you back doing these, and good luck with the rest of your project...I have a few short maps for you to play. No jump or crouch, not tested with freelook

(i) A speedmap created in two hours (for Hellforge Speedmapping Sessions 4), plays on Doom2 map 20. Must be loaded with the texture pack. UV difficulty is the only one implemented due to the time constraint, the lava fight can be a bit brutal but if you get past that the rest of the map is easier.

Wretched.zip

(ii) My four 64KB maps (for the 64KB megawads), all play on Doom2 with the map number indicated in the filename. Each map must be loaded with the texture pack and dehacked file. Filesize is more than 64KB here as I merged in the MIDIs. Difficulties implemented for all maps. Impi is the hardest of the four. 

64kb_maps.zip

BRUTAL BREAKDOWN (Incomplete) - Download Here

IMP WORLD    - Download Here

THE BUTTON   - Download Here

By @Clippy

So i had alot of fun playing these WADs, the music is great and we keep moving around step by step towards the end.

In case of Brutal Breakdown, its incomplete, tough the map is well connected, i got to a point that i did not know where  to go. Had the keys, touched all the switches (i think) but at the end, i did not know how to reach the final area. Maybe i missed something? (loved the music!)

Imp World, the ideia is cool, only imps to nag you the entire map, no problem with that since they are...alot. We use alot of the map since the keys to objective are a constant, and its fun with alot of action. I Think the balance Ammo/Health is well done and once again the music was great a good map too have fun with.

The Button. I relate to this kind of maps, surely because it reminds me kind of my own maps. I dont like the W3d textures but hey, its only an opinion. We touch the button and from there is rip and tear until the end. Can be medium challenge but yeah,very linear, you go to end and then return to the beggining. Maybe the final fight could have more challenge...since we have the RL....its easy to tear apart those Archvilles. Had fun as well, and i smiled, because i used that music in one of my projects as well. 

Thanks for the request! And keep up the good work!

=====//=====

Thanks so much for playing. This will give me a bunch of stuff to watch tomorrow in my free time

As for brutal break out I'll let you know when I watch the video what you missed

I might have made that map too confusing

There's also this playthrough video I made where I'm just playing without commentary if you were curious about the way to progress

WRETCHED (Hellforge Speedmapping Sessions 4) - Download Here

DOOMFIGHTER63ANDATHIRD     ( All 4 maps belong to 64KB megawads)

TRIALS                                       

QUITE A RIDE                                        Download Here

IMPI                                          

BY @Horus                                     

Its funny because Horus said that the hardest one was the map IMPI. Well i can tell you that i have struggled in all of his maps of request. Jesus Christ all mighty, Horus does not messes around. Its like he thinks..."Ok...you like DOOM dont you? You like to play? Well im not here to play!"

Yes i liked alot his maps but we have to keep in mind, and in my opinion, these maps are not for campers or slower players that like to take their time playing a map. Here, its fire in your ass buddy, do some tactical choices and hold yourself to patience alot...because my friends...you will die...alot.

Even the map i kept to end to record (IMPI) if it was not for his help when i was playing on Twitch, i think i would not made it...

Final Remarks:

- You want some challenge ? Play these maps...you will love it.

- You think the mapper will petty you? He his drinking whiskey and smiling.

- This was quite of nice number of maps!

- Thanks for the request!

=====//=====

= You can follow me on TWITCH ( https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_) =

CRATE EXPECTATIONS

BY @ViolentBeetle

Forum Thread

Sure its a second map, because from what i read, the mapper was not please with the first one and eliminated that one. So, being this the official map, we have about 11 secrets wich i think i have found about 2, a large map and and almost a half of thousand monsters. Yeah im being extreme...its 428 :D

What can i say? The visuals are pretty pretty pretty nice for a first release. We can see the mapper took his time texturing, the monster placement...well could be a little bit better, but we have to take in matter that this is a large map, so it would not be nice to have 300 revenants, 50 cacos , 50 pain elementals ,20 archvilles and 8 Cyberdemons. So its understandable the wekness of monsters, still...the gameplay could be a little bit better. I tried to take off all the chaingunners when i was inside the area...because they would be a pain in the ass if i get out and did not done that. Overall, its a nice map. Nothing too overwhelming but at the same time no stupid thing with no sence. I liked it.

Final Remarks:

- Congratulations for your first release!

- Maybe the use of cacodemons on the outside could have been a good choice. They fly...in open space they can go anywhere. And nag you alot.

- The visuals...like i said...are pretty pretty pretty nice for a first release.

- I think that might have a bug with the lift towards the final area...if i did not catch it..would it be possible to bring it back?

- 11 secrets. I dont like secrets much...but for those who likes exploring, its a nice job.

- For me the balance is done correctly, had enough ammo, had enough health...and enough is enough.

- Thanks for the request and keep up the good work! Hoping for more.

=====//=====

1 minute ago, Austinado said:

- I think that might have a bug with the lift towards the final area...if i did not catch it..would it be possible to bring it back?

I'm pretty sure the button that interacts with this lift can be called multiple times, but you are the second person who complained about this. Should I be worried?

Just now, ViolentBeetle said:

I'm pretty sure the button that interacts with this lift can be called multiple times, but you are the second person who complained about this. Should I be worried?

- Have not gone back to verify, that´s why i asked. But i remember, that was a switch that i pressed inside a building...the lift came up and i could not return it back (you can see it in the video). If it really does not come back, you can resolve it easily...no need to worry.

49 minutes ago, Austinado said:

CRATE EXPECTATIONS

BY @ViolentBeetle

Forum Thread

Sure its a second map, because from what i read, the mapper was not please with the first one and eliminated that one. So, being this the official map, we have about 11 secrets wich i think i have found about 2, a large map and and almost a half of thousand monsters. Yeah im being extreme...its 428 :D

What can i say? The visuals are pretty pretty pretty nice for a first release. We can see the mapper took his time texturing, the monster placement...well could be a little bit better, but we have to take in matter that this is a large map, so it would not be nice to have 300 revenants, 50 cacos , 50 pain elementals ,20 archvilles and 8 Cyberdemons. So its understandable the wekness of monsters, still...the gameplay could be a little bit better. I tried to take off all the chaingunners when i was inside the area...because they would be a pain in the ass if i get out and did not done that. Overall, its a nice map. Nothing too overwhelming but at the same time no stupid thing with no sence. I liked it.

Final Remarks:

- Congratulations for your first release!

- Maybe the use of cacodemons on the outside could have been a good choice. They fly...in open space they can go anywhere. And nag you alot.

- The visuals...like i said...are pretty pretty pretty nice for a first release.

- 11 secrets. I dont like secrets much...but for those who likes exploring, its a nice job.

- For me the balance is done correctly, had enough ammo, had enough health...and enough is enough.

- Thanks for the request and keep up the good work! Hoping for more.

=====//=====

Finally was able to get through YouTube's problems and watch your recording. It was helpful. Noticed misaligned lights on the door frame, the bane of my existence.

Seeing you stumble at calling the big lift was very educational - that's something I can't test myself because I know it's there. As for calling it again, both buttons are SR, so they should work fine, although perhaps I should add another button closer to lift for repeat calls. You aren't the first one to jump out of the lift and think you can't call it back. Why do people jump out of my lifts anyway?

The bookcase lift was indeed a secret, you would find a soul sphere there. This one is designed to be missable, which I suppose some might find unfair. On a subject of secrets, how comes you didn't try and use big, wrongly-coloured wall while on top of the crate? Or completely different texture in room with big central building? The red button you pressed on the bottom of the metal building lowers computer towers inside the buidling - that was another secret. I'm also somewhat surprised you didn't try to do anything with round platform at any point.

Anyway, thanks for your review. Soon I will have another map for you, with far less switches and tougher monsters.

@Austinado I plan to finish the first couple maps for my planned mapset pretty soon. Could I put just these first two into this thread to see how you and/or others react to them so I can get a feel what I've done right or wrong before making the other 8 maps? Or do you prefer getting finalized mapsets that already have their own forum threads and such?

1 minute ago, Snikle said:

@Austinado I plan to finish the first couple maps for my planned mapset pretty soon. Could I put just these first two into this thread to see how you and/or others react to them so I can get a feel what I've done right or wrong before making the other 8 maps? Or do you prefer getting finalized mapsets that already have their own forum threads and such?

You can leave here already the first two maps ;)

I've got 2 new maps for In the Doghouse. They are maps 09 and 11 (The old map09 was moved to map10). I'd recommend playing on Hurt Me Plenty for map09 and Hey, Not Too Rough for map11, cause they're hard. They're not as hard as map10, though, so don't worry about that. Map09 is an old map that has been redone slightly, and map11 is a new map from scratch.

A reminder: No jumping, crouching, or freelook.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/deqjlgmxm3rxjka/boomhouse.zip?dl=0

@Austinado thanks for streaming all my maps! I found it pretty useful, I just finished fixing the 64KB levels up following your playthrough. Yes the maps can be a bit challenging, your choice of when to save on Trials was kinda unfortunate lol. And on Impi yes looks like I joined the stream at just the right time :P. Btw I made that map harder after HAK played it, there were originally only 2 Hades Elementals in that three key area, I doubled it to 4 after watching him play

And yeah I got muddled on Wretched, map 20 is the map from TNT that the MIDI was from lol, map 01 was indeed the actual mapslot. Sorry about that, hopefully didn't waste too much of your time. There is a secret on that map that allows you to telefrag the cyber fyi (which I tried to indicate was possible via the radsuit placement).

WOLF3DLEGION 

By @Voltcom

Download Here

The arena reminds me a kind of Death match arena, its looks nice  with the Wolf3d textures (wich im not a big fan) and their layers. I did not considered a hard map...medium light challenge i guess after you find out that going to upper level is the easiest way to start the frantic killing. At the end we see ourselves with way too much ammo for the count of monsters, not problem with health items as well. The most valuable thing is the visuals...the platforms, lifts...because besides that is an easy map to take care of...like the pressing of the third switch...only two archvilles. There is room to update this map and make it harder...i played in UV..and it felt like i was playing in "Hey not too rough!".

Still, this mapper in areas non slaughter does a weck of a job, wich it doesnt mean he cant do better in slaughter.

Thanks for the request!

= You can follow me on TWITCH ( https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_) =

===== // =====

Edited by Austinado