Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

NERVE CENTER

Request BY @Arbys550

Download Here

Pretty nice. What most caught my attention was the monster placement. The enimies dont have alot of power, but their placement forces the player to have an extra pair of eyes on the back of his head. I got to the end of the map and alot of monster to be killed, so i remembered that i did not opened a yellow door. Got back to that yellow door and in the area way later before i spotted the entrance to the SupershotGun..already used the two only avaiable suits provided (maybe there was more within secrets) so i could not finish the map (on non-linear way)...still, it was pretty nice map, had quite of fun. I would provide a better spotting view to access the corridor towards the SupershotGun or give one or two plus radsuits to better explore that area. Maybe it was my fault...i dont know.

I believe mapping runs in the family...by the way...at the end i felt id like to keep on going, is there a project in mind for this? It would be great!

Thanks for the request!

= You can follow me on TWITCH ( https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_) =

=====//=====

@Austinado Thanks! I'll send him the video so he can watch it. There's a chaingun after you get the blue key in a secret. Theres also a secret berserk in the very first room.

Hello my friend! Been a while! Remember that 5 map episode I gave you that you liked so much but knew I could do more with? Well I did and here is the finished version. I would really love to see if you like it even more that you did that first time. It has 9 maps instead of just 5 and alot of the problems pointed out by the community were fixed and tweaked to make the map set more refined. So please if you would like, give it a look and tell me what you think! compfrac.zip

Hey @Austinado if you felt like it, it would be really cool to see you play my newly updated Doom NW project! The first map was released two years ago, and I just finished the second map this morning :) I built and tested it specifically with GZDoom so hopefully you won't have any problems with it since that's what you use too.  Cheers!

COMPOUND FRACTURE (Map01 to Map09)

By @Dubbagdarrel

Download Here

This is a WAD that i would pick up any day of the year and have some fun with it, like i had when i played it with only 5 maps (now it has 9 maps). I do remember the first 4 maps, and it was still fun like i remember it. The mapper had some new maps to project finalized actually, but i have found some flaws in the new ones.

It was a long run with no individuals videos since i streamed it all the way to the end.

I did enjoyed alot the maps, always making wanting to play some more, since it was 9 maps, i advise the mapper to watch the whole video so he can see some of the flaws i have detected, but mostly it started from map05 i believe. So...comments in the video!

Once again thank you very much for the request...and yes...finally a proper final map! Well done! 

So im trying a new software to stream, so i apologize if things are not quite well on visualization of the video. 

=====//=====

Edited by Austinado

I've got another one for you. This map is designed to be MAP01 for my future WAD - in the final product it will be followed by "Crate Expectations" you reviewed earlier. Working title "Bad Reception" though alternative title might be "The Dead of Night" since it seems to be taking place during the night time. But maybe I will think of something else. The map is fairly short and has only former humans/sergeants and small number of demons, cacodemons and hell knights as enemies. Super shotgun and chainsaw is hidden away in secrets.

bad_reception.rar

Edited by ViolentBeetle : Final small change to monster placement to ease crowding.

DOOM WN (Map01&02)

BY @nervewar

Forum Thread

We have something here...but something very very very nice.

The visuals of this map are done with alot of careness, we have sound efects, movement effects, animation effects...man you get lovely "effected" with all of these. The gameplay against the monsters are efective and well done (in my opinion) and maybe a little bit restrictive about health...but the secrets sure compensates the player for that. 

I had the luck to have the mapper along with me when i was streaming this WAD, so i already gave alot of opinion from my gameplay to him. Still, i would like you guys to see it..and hear it. 

Thank you very much for the request, and i wish the best for the project...you are doing a really nice job here!

= You can follow me on TWITCH ( https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_) =

=====//=====

Hey thanks so much for playing/recording @Austinado, that was cool to watch! You gave me a lot of good suggestions to that I'll work on for the next version. Appreciate it!

3 hours ago, Austinado said:

COMPOUND FRACTURE (Map01 to Map09)

By @Dubbagdarrel

Download Here

This is a WAD that i would pick up any day of the year and have some fun with it, like i had when i played it with only 5 maps (now it has 9 maps). I do remember the first 4 maps, and it was still fun like i remember it. The mapper had some new maps to project finalized actually, but i have found some flaws in the new ones.

It was a long run with no individuals videos since i streamed it all the way to the end.

I did enjoyed alot the maps, always making wanting to play some more, since it was 9 maps, i advise the mapper to watch the whole video so he can see some of the flaws i have detected, but mostly it started from map05 i believe. So...comments in the video!

Once again thank you very much for the request...and yes...finally a proper final map! Well done! 

So im trying a new software to stream, so i apologize if things are not quite well on visualization of the video. 

=====//=====

wow Im so glad u like it so much man.  thank u for the play through. I'm also mortified at the errors you found.

Hi Austinado. I'd be interested in seeing you have a crack at my Megawad - COVID666. Claustrophobic, extreme ammo conservation (on UV). I'd maybe suggest a first playthrough on HMP or ITYTD if you don't like challenging ammo conservation (however, if you're familiar with the maps, like me, ammo conservation is actually no issue on UV).

Thanks for your attention :-)

Hello @eye.lid, thanks for the request, but currently i am not accepting megaWADs. I would consider to record no more than 8 maps in total. What do you think?

1 minute ago, Austinado said:

Hello @eye.lid, thanks for the request, but currently i am not accepting megaWADs. I would consider to record no more than 8 maps in total. What do you think?

Man, if you played even 1 of the maps in this megawad, then i'd be eternally grateful.

If you play 8 maps, then I promise you a challenging and interesting Doom adventure that will greatly test your skills!

1 minute ago, Austinado said:

@eye.lid alright then, ill put in the Queue, lets see if ill survive 8 maps then...ill do my best ;)

@Austinado Please don't put your fist through your computer screen! These maps are designed to fry your brain ;) (but hopefully in a fun way) - I made them under the influence of extreme insomnia and snorting copious amounts of ketamine. (-_(-_-)_-)

Goodluck!

18 hours ago, Bidoof Slayer said:

Hi, I created a Wad with 8 new maps. It's a classic doom wad. Yeah, I'm a nostalgic but I use freelook 0_0

If you want to see more details I pubblicated it here few minutes ago: 

Infernal Annihilator.rar

@Austinado There is a new version of the wad with many bugs fixed, if you'll record it, please, download the new version.

INFERNAL ANNIHILATOR

BY @Bidoof Slayer

Post Forum

This is clearly a first release and it was confirmed by the mapper since he showed up at the time of streaming. Congratulations for that of course, but alot of issues are present in the maps. Not talking about glitches or missing textures..but tecnical doors (lifts) textures and functions, empty maps, and weak monster placement. Of course this is something normal for a release without testing or even practice of mapping. This is a journey of learning and this WAD is certanly a beggining!

Keep up the good work and thanks for the request!

= You can follow me on TWITCH ( https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_) =

=====//=====

BAD RECEPTION

BY @ViolentBeetle

Download Here

This is solid. I enjoyed this called first map of the project, and yes, i have nothing relevant really to apoint that should be improved. Of course i have an opinion that secrets should not be mandatory to have an upgrade weapon (the supershot gun is in a secret, and no i have not found the secret) but, thinking that this is a first map from the project, surely on onward maps we will get the Supershotgun, and the monsters presented in this map can be more than managable with the weapons provided. I played other maps from this mapper, and if this is the first map of project, i think it is well chosen. 

Thanks for the request and keep up the good work!

=====//=====

Hi there, I like what you're doing & was hoping you could give my first 'Work in Progress' mapset a look when you have time, it has 3 maps currently replacing the first 3 maps of Doom 2.

Download link

Doomworld Thread

30 minutes ago, Austinado said:

BAD RECEPTION

BY @ViolentBeetle

Download Here

This is solid. I enjoyed this called first map of the project, and yes, i have nothing relevant really to apoint that should be improved. Of course i have an opinion that secrets should not be mandatory to have an upgrade weapon (the supershot gun is in a secret, and no i have not found the secret) but, thinking that this is a first map from the project, surely on onward maps we will get the Supershotgun, and the monsters presented in this map can be more than managable with the weapons provided. I played other maps from this mapper, and if this is the first map of project, i think it is well chosen. 

Thanks for the request and keep up the good work!

=====//=====

One thing I noticed is that you were rubbing against the wall where secret doors are but did not open them. It's impossible to tell if you tried to use the walls. Perhaps the doors were not wide enough?

The SSG is hidden behind the door that is locked behind the bars. Naturally, you can't open it, but you were supposed to guess that there should be a secret door on the same line as visible doors connecting 3 other rooms. Similarly, the blue armour can be accessed by opening the wall from the other side.

COVID666

BY @eye.lid

Post Forum

I was warned by the mapper to play this in HMP. So i did. I was advised by the mapper to please not put my fist through my computer screen...well i didn´t. I can tell that sometimes the maps can be a good dose of frustration(i swear alot during gameplay, sorry about that) but at the same time i kept thinking to myself "there must be a way", and as the challenge rises along with the frustration, at the same time we have achievement and sense of accomplishment. Not gonna lie here...i was not expecting that...im glad i did. I did enjoyed this, and in these times of "stay the fuck home" this is a good challenging megaWAD to play! The only things i have to say...is, in the map where we are getting alot of Archvilles and Hellknights (Map06) there should have been more rockets or a Supershotgun...because Jesus Christ, its boring and quite a chore to kill them with a simple shotgun...yeah we have bullets, but its not enough...i say this before entering the area of the SpiderMastermind.

The megaWAD is interesting...quite challenging and if you are bored at home...this is a good thing to try!

The only phrase im getting to my head right now is "Thank God i have choosen to play this in HMP!"

Thanks alot for the request! Nice challenge job we have here!

=====//=====

48 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

One thing I noticed is that you were rubbing against the wall where secret doors are but did not open them. It's impossible to tell if you tried to use the walls. Perhaps the doors were not wide enough?

The SSG is hidden behind the door that is locked behind the bars. Naturally, you can't open it, but you were supposed to guess that there should be a secret door on the same line as visible doors connecting 3 other rooms. Similarly, the blue armour can be accessed by opening the wall from the other side.

@ViolentBeetle Everything is fine...i just did not found them ;)

=====//=====

Thanks to your video I noticed that I accidentally tagged a small sector between the door and the grate as secret, so there's actually 4. Blue armour platform is the 4th secret, you can open fake wall from the brown corridor leading to red key room. I made both openable doors slightly larger to ease aiming, since aiming for them by relative positioning is indeed a chore.

Hello! I'd love to see a playthrough of one of my maps. It was designed to be quite challenging and there's only Ultra-Violence difficulty available, but I hope that won't deter from the experience. I made it with vanilla Doom in mind so there's no jumping, but freelook is okay. There are two maps in the wad but i'm requesting only a playthrough of the first map, The Gate. I really like the idea of this thread and the support you give to fellow mappers.

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/113343-the-gate-blood-pools-2-vanilla-maps-for-doom-2/