Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

FLESH INTERFACE 1 : THE LABORATORY

BY @Angry Saint

Post Thread

We have a good map here, that starts in a fairly slow pace and increasing little bit little in difficulty. The visuals of this map are very very very nice and the mapper working about two years on it really demonstrates that. I think the video speaks for it self, and if this is a project for more maps, lets hope that it doesn´t take more two years for a second map. Enjoyed alot the map and made me want to play more....so there will be more? Lets hope so...in a faster pace than two years!

Thanks for the request and keep up the good work you are doing!

STARTS AT   05:35   

= You can follow me on TWITCH ( https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_) =

=====//=====

SMALL MAP FOR NEW HORIZON 2

BY @Finnthemapmaker

Forum Thread

I had the mapper with me during the stream, and this was a fun light medium challenge map to play. Sure there is some missing textures (minial things easy to fix), i got a little bit confused where to go (tough progression is simple way to go) during the gameplay, but in overall we have a good map here without a question. I think Finnthemapmaker have the good right notion how to build a map, make it fun and we can see this map in the beggining or in a middle of project without a doubt. 

Thanks for the request!

STARTS AT  49:25 

= You can follow me on TWITCH ( https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_) =

=====//=====

THE DEEP UNIVERSE - DEMO 1

BY @GhostPlayer

Forum Thread

I have seen this post thread sometime ago, and i tought this looks nice. Actually i got the request from the mapper and this looks  very very very nice visually, the gameplay is medium good and the final area of the final map is a total disapointment. Im always honest when i play the maps, and this felt very bitter for me. In one side we have good visuals (loved it), some nice challenge gameplay, nice music...and in the other side there is much health in some maps, the mapper is generous with megaspheres and soulpheres, alot ammunition as well (i think some balance should be done), map number 05 i believe, the Cyberdemon looks like he cant move (maybe the celing is too low (did not shoot any rocket against me, killed him just like that), map number 02 i dont know how i even pasted the bars (i know is something to do with the teleports) i got to the other side and it was very confusing...and that final area on map06...one Cyberdemon alone and on the side..an archville...disappointing because i love all the way until that final part. Easy and deserves a better and challenging ending there.

Overall, a nice damn project we have here, and i think that with some adjustments we can have something real good here this year!

Thank you very much for the request and i hope to see more coming!

STARTS AT  01:24:56

=====//=====

UNO

BY @johnpberry

Download Here

Its a first map and congratulations for that! Its always important to start from somewhere and this is certainly is a start. 

We have some secrets, we have some doors, some lights experiments and some monsters as well. Its a simple map...a simple start. I usually give my personal advises to monster placement, balance ammo and health, textures, gameplay...and all of this has to be studied. Its a long process like i usually say...and this can be improved by leatning with tutorials (youtube) or even here in Doomworld, play alot of maps to see some examples and finally..practice! Lets hope to see more in the future and thank you very much for the request! More comments in the video.

PS: This mapper added is own music for this map...really cool..congrats for that as well!

STARTS AT   03:22:26

DEMONIC DAWN : LABS

BY @Clownslay

Forum Thread

We have here a first map, and that is always great to see someone starting mapping. There was a little bit of ambition here with some traps, some platforming, some switches, some pain sectors with nukage, but like any first map, there some things to mention that has to be better. Since its a first map, this is normal things, like having wide rooms with monsters with no obstacles between them in the room, the placement of ammo and a health a little bit and there or all over the map, textures...well all of the things important in a map. We have some progression done correctly other that should have be done better. Overall its a first release the advices i give usually is the same for who is starting, playing maps helps, watching tutorials (youtube and DoomWorld forums) helps, some study about monster placement ( and their behavior), balance of health/ammo...all that stuff that takes some time to learn...with practice. Lets hope to see more in the future! Tank you for the request and congratulations for you first map!

STARTS AT  03:40:33

=====//=====

Austinado, I was hoping that someone would record some gameplay with my mod. Would you be interested? I would really appreciate it :) It's GZDoom only, requires version 4.2.4. It should combine well with other mods if you prefer to mix it up a bit, and of course you pick the map(s) to play. Of course, high monster density and maps detailed with lots of decoration objects would be ideal. It works with any IWAD too, so you're not limited to Doom.

Here's the link to it:

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/111008-universal-entropy-the-universal-randomizer-for-gzdoom-works-with-any-iwad/

I've a gameplay mod I'd like for you to try out.  I just released a mod a few days ago I had been working on for the past few years.  Finally got everything polished to the point that I felt it was ready for public release. :D

You can see a few videos in the original post there.

MOD EMBERS OF ARMAGEDDON with Map01 and Map02 BACK TO SATURN X 1

MOD BY @DoomKrakken

Post Forum

It feels like i should have recorded more, and surely i was feeling to do more, but since i already stated that was going to play MAP01 and MAP02 only, it was only like so.

To be honest here, i never did a serious gameplay of Doom 2016, but from the little i experienced back at the time, i think this MOD stays very truthfull for what was intended. This made me want to play Doom 2016...and by this phrase i think it says it all. It feel good, the weapons feel very accurate and from the response i had from participants in the stream i think this positive nothing less. 

I would like to apologize for the lagging during the stream, im still struggling to put everything in order...and i would like to apoplogize as well to @DoomKrakken if the video was too short, but i think the main idea is well represented in the video, and i can say for sure, i would play this Mod any day.

Thank you very much for the request!

=====//=====

Hey @Austinado just few questions

1 - Would you accept wads from Heretic? I do have some and i would like you to try a few of them

2 - Would you also accept other people wads that are VERY GOOD? I have few wads from other authors that are so good that have influenced my style. Hell, even some of my maps are reminscent of them and could be considered kind of ''tribute''.

3 - Where do you live? Im asking because depending on that we might have a chance to coincide on the live stream if possible

@19Wraith yeah i can play some Heretic WADs of yours...about playing other maps of others, i prefer to play the content of the author himself since that´s the purpose of this thread forum. Dont get me wrong i did it in the past...but for me the important is to play and record the authors own work. Now..ill let choose two WADs (an exception) from other authors that influenced your style (im already scared..) 

So i am and i livee in Portugal. You from?

Cool, i give you three of my heretic wads.

Magnum - Big level placed on a city full of enemies and lot of space. Fairly hard but a with a bit more of health. A bit on the slaughterish side, but on my own haha. (File is in spanish hope it doesnt matter) 

https://mega.nz/file/L0wjBQ5J#JbTGqWSMdamskosTtrKhetE6h0KmUocZK_B5YW2n9d8

Alfa 4 - Industrial themed for heretic. All you might expect from my typical doom level in terms of gameplay, scenario and quality, but in heretic.

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/heretic/Ports/alf4

Profanum Sanctum - Castle/ temple themed wad for heretic. Higly reminiscient of my most recent levels. Also text is in spanish once again 

https://mega.nz/file/qgREXSrK#oBPNPIqK4-QX5mR7IEv7mQ0Uyqm3bpbsT-SQFs7O7Vo

About the other wads i think i will wait a bit since selecting two of them only is quite difficult to me right now hahah. Im specially having troubles selecting between some of kaiser stuff haha

5 minutes ago, Austinado said:

@19Wraith so are they very puzzly maps? You are from Spain then?

Sorry i forgot satying im spanish. So it makes easier for the live stream isnt it?

Kaiser stuff is fairly puzzly, some of them more than others. But one of his bests has fairly difficult puzle ideas (no hidden secrets, just have to look carefully) and also is SUPER TIGHT on amunition and health you have to be super-ultra-hyper-mega-maxi careful about every single move you make specially at the beggining because the map is an absolute nightmare. But it's soo good its unbeliveable, although casual styled players will find it over the top frustrating haha

1 minute ago, Austinado said:

@19Wraith that coming from you...ill surely have a ruff time.. 

:D

hahaha. i'll give you an example to understand. Imagine the hard frustrating beginning from structures of death and make it long throughout the whole map with hard puzzles. But it so damn good its mindblowing

MOD UNIVERSAL ENTROPY BY @bLUEbYTE   Post Thread

played with map SLIME INSTITUTE BY @[Vitz!] Download Here

This is quite an interesting MOD wich can change the gameplay of a map. The modifications or their sizes, speed and other features (you can check it out in the post thread) makes the player unknow what to aspect of the monsters. I like it...its diferent and can be used in inumerous maps that once we thought were plain simple (im not talking about slime institute, but general speaking the ones we think are "easier") and now make them more challenging. Nice job we have here...and funny some of the times!

Thanks for the request!

STARTS AT 2:45

=====//=====

MAGNUM (HERETIC)

BY @19Wraith

Download Here

When this mapper does a request and also when i see "slaughter" in the phrase of request, i shake in nerves, so this time i have played not in UV but in HMP (in comparison with DOOM) and i think i did alright. The buildings, structures visualization are getting kind of trademark of this mapper, and that is a good thing since he can be very solid in that aspect. The map was joyfull, with his share of challenge but with no major problems in finishing it. I got lost a little here and there, but after picking up the yellow key everything was roaming towards the end. Enjoyed much to play this map...and made me wanting to pick up Heretic and play it...and surely ill be doing that in the future.

Thanks for the request!

STARTS AT 27:08

=====//=====

With Universal Entropy mod, I'd like to note that the rapid fire zombie and player weapon modifications were from the map and not the mod.
Thanks for featuring my mod Austinado!

I didn't get too much feedback and was hoping you'd give this frustrating pWAD a shot?  There's only one difficulty setting which is Ultra-Violent and it's so far 7 maps total.  They're very challenging and frustrating so if you don't make it too far without quitting I understand.

Greetings from Aland Islands, Finland. I hope You find it interesting enough to check out my 4 map adventure. I really put effort into mapping and musical score.

I really need some feedback for this to find energy to continue the story. There are difficulties included, so it can be played by anyone. Kind regards, Leo.

ALFA 4 (Heretic)  Download Here

PROFANUM SACTUM (Heretic) (STARTS AT 1:15:50 )  Download Here

Both maps by @19Wraith

Another two maps of heretic, and tasted nice indeed. Not too hard, and good visuals. There were some times that i felt that was lacking of ammo but searching a little bit better it was there. I think they are good maps for those who likes Heretic, not puzzly maps and joyfull.

Thanks for the request!

=====//=====

Edited by Austinado