Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

My latest, at RC1. Hopefully an improvement on my previous ones:

GZDoom 4, MAP01. Needs reasonably powerful PC because of size (area) and 3D floors.

I'd love to hear what you think of this one.

SANDYS REVENGE

BY @Toilet_Wine_Connoisseur

Download Here

Quite interesting map in terms of progression (well its linear but interesting), i find it a little bit odd some silent teleports and textures could be a little better...but i guess the purpose was that right? A fun map in my opinion with some nice fighting but we cant return back if the aim is to do 100% kills.

Thanks for the request and more comments in the video.

STARTS AT 13:58

You can follow me on Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_)

=====//=====

TERMINATOR PLAYER CLASS MOD 3.0 BETA

BY @SkeletronMK666

Download Here

I fell in love with the shotgun thats for sure and i believe that for the Terminator fans this can give quite a joy. Overall it feels nice but at the same time i think that it feels a little unfinished? Well...probably this is a work on progress, and surely im curious to see the final product of this. I would like to see in the future what this mod can give us...because sure is promissing. Did i said that i fell in love with the shotgun already?

Thanks for the request!

STARTS AT 38:43

=====//=====

3HL

BY @Datacore85

Download Here

In terms of design i think is quite solid with some confined spaces to fight demons. It can be quite a chore to single shotgun Barons or not having enough ammo for the big guns at the time its needed. Probably the secrets help alot. Still, these are fun maps to be playing with no actually problems about progression. I did enjoyed them. Thanks for the request and more coments in the video.

STARTS AT 1:03:18

=====//=====

D2FOE

BY @Datacore85

Download Here

dojOWTR.jpg

The only thing i think that gave me a disapointment in this WAD was actually the last map. It desearve a better fighting scheme in my opinion. Besides that we have a very nice job here, with solid design fun monsters fighting and fun!

Thanks for the request!

STARTS AT 10:40

=====//=====

THE OMEGA PROJECT 2019

BY @obake @Voltcom @Steve88 @Danlex @Walter confetti @Pegleg @reflex17 @eirc @RonnieJamesDiner @Sasha

Post Forum

dojOWTR.jpg

You gather around mappers with quality, and do you get? First of all fun, second of all gameplay for all kind of taste. No map is equal to each other (wich is nice because we can see each mapper style) and the last map itself is quite....lets say..original?

This was more than fine and more than recommended...nice job guys...nice job! Thanks for the request!

STARTS AT 2:10:15

=====//=====

ISLAND FORTRESS

BY @smeghammer

Post Forum

The returned mapper brings us a map that actually i dont find it bad map...but it can be very harsh on the player in the very beggining. Hitscanners all over the place...and not even on drop of health on sight. It can become frustrating and make the player to go with extreme caution. Still, is nice to see the 3d floors, and for sure it feels like an island. The progression can be confusing towards the end (lucky me that i found it (the exit) when exploring outside the fortress) but maybe it could be more awareness where to go after pressing the final switches. Its nice to see this mapper working again with some maps...and i can only say...thanks for the request...and you should continue! 

STARTS AT 9:43

=====//=====

HAPPY (EP04)

BY @Zolgia108

Post Forum

This project is growing and growing for the best step by step. Do you guys know when the mapping design and visuals becomes natural to the player because its good and consistent? Well, i felt that over and over. The gameplay is challenging as usual and fun....and man, im excited to see what EP05 will bring us tough i know by the mapper that it will be very punishing. I died alot during this episode, but the thing is...it keeps you wired to keep on trying to reach to the end. I want more (so help me God)...and a hell of a job when this gets released. 

STARTS AT 2:48:15

=====//=====

QUEUE AND FINALIZED LIST UPDATED

WARNING: I will not accept requests if there is not information like:

- Source port;

- IWAD;

- Pistol Start or Continuous gameplay?

- Skill Level; 

- How Many maps?

- Gameplay: Crouch? OverLook? Jump?

- Gameplay Length?

2x4oE1c.jpg

@Austinado i just finished watching what i lost during the streaming, thanks a lot for playing and as i said i'll try to keep up the expectations! Please download latest version (if you didn't already) before going for episode 5, and get ready for a lot of unfair shit hahahaha

Anyway in map 21, Nexus, if you find all the 5 crackodemons and kill them you will then have a nice bonus for the boss fight :)

here is the link for the maps (until 28)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2f5h06srefdn04/Happy 28 %2B2.waD?dl=1

map 26 can be considered a pure slaughter arena, so you will hate me, and map 25 has an optional fight which i hope you won't find, consider that the hardest fight in the wad^^

ONE ROCKET FOR YOU ONE ROCKET FOR YOU!

This wad file includes reasonably sized short to medium length hell levels for an episode I'm working on. No freelook or jumping required. Lava pits have obstacle decorations as teleport markers to get out of harm's way fast. Use it to mitigate health lost if you fall in. The gameplay's vanilla, old-school made for GZDoom in mind, customized pistol with faster tics & modified difficulty settings, read difficulty descriptions in the main menu to find out what they do. Compatibility used in editor is Doom format for GZDoom: Doom2. Let me know if there's some hiccups and I'll see if I can fix them. I tried my best to make the experience fair but shortly increasing in challenge is also the point. If you choose the insane difficulties, the challenge is quite instant. My maps are made for Smooth Doom (faster pistols won't work with Smooth Doom) in mind for the optimal experience, but do what feels good for you.

Wad info:

Name: Hyperdeath

IWAD: Doom 2

Maps: Two levels. Short to medium length.

Source Port Tested on: GZDoom

Music: Killswitch Engage - In The Unblind & Trivium - Ember To Inferno in midi 

Difficulty: Medium to Hard

Gameplay time: 10-12 mins & 15-20 mins

Custom Sky: Yes.

Compatibility: GZDoom. 

Gameplay: Continuous, level design supports pistol starts. No Freelook, No Jumping, No Crouching required.

Additional info: Set in Hell. Hyperdeath is a demo that experiments in my attemps at things like custom CWILV letters on menus, MAPINFO editing and modified weapon tics for the pistol to fire faster. The levels are small to medium, taking inspiration from Id Software's IWAD level scale. There will be lots of monsters for more epic  fights & will span the game time a little bit. There's also light puzzles with switches and keys that need to be found to progress. Other than that, the levels are meant to be sorta short and sweet that expands in length and ramps up in difficulty. 

Demo features:

- Modified difficulties.

- Deadly lava, dealing -20 damage

- Bright red magma rocks that deal minor damage

- Damaging hell cracks for minor damage.

- Faster pistol

- Switches and keys

- Secrets

- Custom textures

- Ambushing monsters from teleport closets and rising from the ground

- Custom fist sounds

- White teleporters will not teleport you anywhere, but they will behave as a teleport marker where the player will be teleported to when needed, the white color differentiates them from the red ones, that does teleport the player normally.

- Doom 1 intermission menu music

- BFG9000 (secret)

Download: 

Sam_HellDemo_HyperDeath.rar

Edited by Samuel Slayer : editing text

Thanks for playing, and your comments. 

11 hours ago, Austinado said:

but it can be very harsh on the player in the very beggining. Hitscanners all over the place...and not even on drop of health on sight

Run! Run as fast as you can to the gatehouse!...

I might add concrete roadblocks on the bridge with bodies and goodies near them to counter this (but that implies crouching...).

10 hours ago, Austinado said:

The progression can be confusing towards the end (lucky me that i found it (the exit) when exploring outside the fortress) but maybe it could be more awareness where to go after pressing the final switches

Yeah, the above - You can see the exit trigger switch rise when you hit the initial switch, and you can see the exit bars lower from the second switch platform, but you need to be looking in the right direction. The third (secret triggering) lookout platform switch is deliberately out of sight when it is raised, but you can see it once you are on the exit trigger switch platform.

I like to make something 'realistic', so I find it quite difficult to figure out how to add direction clues that fit with the overall design. TBH one of the things that really disappointed me about Doom 2016 was the really obvious 'clues' to the correct path. I can't play it now without being very conscious of them, and trying to ignore them probably made it harder to find secrets...  

I'm glad I added swimmable water (from feedback comments here), it does improve it.

Anyway, thanks again for playing!

SEWERS4ALL.zip I have returned after my hiatus because of spite over a stupid mapinfo problem... anyway. This is my second map 'Sewers4All' (the 4 has nothing to do with Plutonia it's a coincidence) I tried some things and they might be fun or not idk but I hope you find it enjoyable/bearable and I hope to improve from these maps

Port - I used GZDoom but I don't see why it wouldn't work in some others

IWAD - Doom 2

Skill Level - HMP or UV i personally prefer UV but i made stuff for both... again. Im not very good at this whole difficulty thing

Maps - 1

Gameplay - Jump and Crouch are hella cringe my gamers

Length - Longer than my first map :)

Hey Austinado,

I've got a new map challenge for you!

Try this one:  CALUSET FORTRESS OF THE DAMNED

1 map

20-25 mintes

Tested with GZdoom

Only UV for now

Download link

Forum post

EDIT: Forgot to mention: You have to load OTEX 1.1 separately for this to work. I have some issues adding the textures directly to the wad. thx

Edited by DragonsForLunch : added info about OTEX

Hello man, i need you to play and review my wad

Please try MAP01, MAP02, and MAP03. Actually, you have played MAP01 before, i sent it to you several weeks ago, but i have added major change in this map, so it feels different now. It would be great if you're willing to replay this map for me. (But if you don't want to, then that's okay, just skip to MAP02).

MBF-compatible. Use GZDoom as the sourceport, the length around a hour in total. No jump, crouch, and freelook. Play with pistol start in each map. Please play on HNTR difficulty...

Thank you

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/191dQW6ajv14HVTjmYnuumh00KLnVJiPc?usp=sharing

Satan's Symphony

- Source port; GzDoom.

- IWAD; Doom 2.

- Pistol Start or Continuous gameplay; Either.

- Skill Level; HMP or UV.

- How Many maps? 1 map.

- Gameplay: Freelook, crouch and jump not required.

- Gameplay Length? 5-10 minutes.

Originally I was going to make an episode, but my creativity dried up pretty quickly. I wanted to make a map with better level design, monster placement, and ammo amount than my previous WAD. Eventually this will be an 8-map episode.

M_DOOM.png

Edited by Noris Kneecap

Hello everyone.

Im not accepting requests from now on. Like always, time has been quite little and fortunately i have found a file wich contains all my saved work in progress ( Supercharge Final Scourge - Catharsis). So im planning to work on my little project of 10 maps, polish and balance gameplay and all, and then i can return (indetermined time) for your Doom WADs requests . I do am planning to return after the release of my project.

- The requests that were done until this moment will be done and posted here in this thread forum;

- You guys need someone to playtest/record your maps, you have the all mighty @HAK3180 or even @Clippy (tough he dont have thread on DW but i can see that he randomly does some video recordings/asking him privately does not offends i believe).

I hope i returning before or mid November2020, until then...get your asses mapping so we can play cool stuff! 

Cheers,

Austinado  ;)

Old wad I found on my laptop. Decided to fix it a bit as it was messy. This is a download to the WAD

Source Port - PRBoom+ Recommended but GZDoom works too.

Difficulty - Ultra Violence

IWAD - Doom 2

Pistol Start is the only thing since it's the first map

One Off Map (1 Map)

Gameplay - Jumping, Crouch, and Freelook aren't needed.

Gameplay Length - like 3 - 5 minutes

(EDIT: just saw the new post right as I posted this. Good luck on your wad!)

(Edit 2: headsup the wad is pretty bad since it was one of my first)

Edited by Robot J

5 minutes ago, Austinado said:

@Robot J ill acept your request has the last one. The timing was precious.

:D

Yeah. That was almost like perfect timing XD

You suck, man; I'm about to be gone for another week. 

But seriously, much luck and success in your own mapping endeavors. You've been a valuable asset to me, and, I'm sure, many others. And of course, I'd be happy to playtest your stuff publicly or privately at any stage of development.

You do you buddy

I hear you I've been having less time to play these days too

This was a great service you offered and I thank you for it

I owe you a playthrough of your megawad that you're working on. Give me a shout when it's done!

download the 3.0 version, there is a cool powerup if you pick up a berserk, or type "give berserk2", also try alt fires. Basically you play as a fire skeletal demon with cool weapons

NO MORE SUBMISSIONS ACCEPTED FOR THE TIME BEING

12 hours ago, Austinado said:

Hello everyone.

Im not accepting requests from now on. Like always, time has been quite little and fortunately i have found a file wich contains all my saved work in progress ( Supercharge Final Scourge - Catharsis). So im planning to work on my little project of 10 maps, polish and balance gameplay and all, and then i can return (indetermined time) for your Doom WADs requests . I do am planning to return after the release of my project.

- The requests that were done until this moment will be done and posted here in this thread forum;

- You guys need someone to playtest/record your maps, you have the all mighty @HAK3180 or even @Clippy (tough he dont have thread on DW but i can see that he randomly does some video recordings/asking him privately does not offends i believe).

I hope i returning before or mid November2020, until then...get your asses mapping so we can play cool stuff! 

Cheers,

Austinado  ;)

Hey man. I posted my request before you made that announcement, so i think it's valid and you will do it (?)

If that's the case, i just want to inform you that my wad just got updated which i fixed most of bugs and improved several things. So please redownload the wad and play on this version instead.

https://www.mediafire.com/download/3ican7dcguyviol

It's okay if that means you have to put me in last position in queue list, just make sure you play on the most recent version.

Thanks! Good luck with your maps btw