Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

On 9/9/2019 at 12:55 PM, Austinado said:

MASS EXTINCTION - MAP 27 AND MAP 28

BY @nicolas monti

Download Here

So i got these two maps from nicolas monti, what an great project he is building here...its getting harder in here, but it feels right. Thanks for the request!

About Map27

- I did not finished it. Probably you can do it, but i got alot of struggle with ammo. The thing here, i think its about the arch-villes. Because they can ressurect monsters, i found myself spending alot of ammo, when i got to the part of 4 or 5 Barons in the tight room to get the switch...i did not had enough ammo to continue.

- The stairs in the area before this room i talked about in the topic above, in my opinion, should be more highlighted. After that beautifull fight with the Cýberdemons, you have the blue key...right...but after that, i got a little bit lost without knowing where to go..had to take great look to the automap to know where to go...

- I think its well designed and longrage monsters placement are well used.

- must warn that part2 video its me trying to find the next step over and over. This map is pretty challeging and i did like it alot! Just got that issue with the ammo...

-----//-----

About Map28

- Loved it...

- Its one the best one i have played from this mapper.

- The fights are interesting in a "nicolas monti" kind of style, not so much of platforming, but alot of monsters to deal with ( those two fucking SMM in that well area).

- Ammo and Health are balanced right.

- Personally i would not make changes in this map...neither put something in...neither take something out. For me 100% right and solid!

- Challenge...challenge everywhere.

- Congrats for the megawad till now!

- And once again, thanks for the request.

-----//-----

Thanks a lot, I appreciate your patience for the parts you might have had trouble with, hopefully all is fixed for the next version, ammo issues, more visible paths etc. Every word from you, Hak, Gaspe and Kakhome from YT is being taken into consideration.

Also on a side note I've seen a couple of your maps in Hak's channel, good layouts, curves, interesting shapes, verticality and nice use of textures, keep it up!

MAP15 (OOPS!  ALL TECHBASE Megawad)

By @Mk7_Centipede

Download Here

So, in my perspective its solid. It may get you a little confused to explore the map and return to some areas you want to go, but at the same time its an good idea. I found myself expecting to see a little bit more of monsters, the ammo its a little bit restrict but manageable. About the final fight, its easy to pass trough it when you know where to press. In the overall, the fights are not too much hard to going on, map well design and truthfull for the theme wich is aimed for. I must apologize for wondering too much..for so long time...i should had finished the map sooner.

Thanks for the request!

-----//-----

QUEUE AND FINALIZED LIST UPDATED.

So, unfortunately, only when i return from vacation (by day 26 September2019) i will be picking up the requests from the queue and play video record them. Ill still be visiting the forum during vacation, and feel free to make your requests here in this post so i will add them to the queue when i return.

Thanks...

Austinado.

Qo.jpg

1 hour ago, Austinado said:

MAP15 (OOPS!  ALL TECHBASE Megawad)

By @Mk7_Centipede

Download Here

So, in my perspective its solid. It may get you a little confused to explore the map and return to some areas you want to go, but at the same time its an good idea. I found myself expecting to see a little bit more of monsters, the ammo its a little bit restrict but manageable. About the final fight, its easy to pass trough it when you know where to press. In the overall, the fights are not too much hard to going on, map well design and truthfull for the theme wich is aimed for. I must apologize for wondering too much..for so long time...i should had finished the map sooner.

Thanks for the request!

-----//-----

Thank you kindly!

I may re-color all the vents so each one has its own color theme.  Maybe a little geometry.  To help differentiate them.  I am glad you figured out the end pretty quickly.  I am sure it could take some people a long time.  Thanks again.