Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

Give me your WADS - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Tuckymonster said:

is it still going? im working on one now.

Finish it...ill put it in queue ;)

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Tuckymonster said:

wow. cool! how long until you end this. so i can tell myself to speed it up or take my time

Take your time...dont rush it. Has you can see, the queue is long...

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Austinado said:

Sucka.WAD

I noticed a weird audio desync in the video. What's up with that?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

@austinado  Thanks for the videos and comments. Feel free to use any of the scripts or ideas from Dark Encounters in your own works. Let me know if you need any help.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Payload4367 said:

@austinado  Thanks for the videos and comments. Feel free to use any of the scripts or ideas from Dark Encounters in your own works. Let me know if you need any help.

Thanks alot man...and thank you for this amazing WAD.

Share this post


Link to post

I made a Metroid wad.. or wads, you have to run two wads and a dehacked patch because I can't do simple things since I'm not normal.

 

HERE: https://www.moddb.com/downloads/sprams-metroid-doom

 

Here's the original post:

Nobody liked it so you might want to not play it. It's like Metroid in which you have to find power-ups to progress to new areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Austinado said:

Sucka.WAD

 

By @ILIKEDOOM2

 

So...what can i say? Like others said in the forum, Troll? Unfinished? A test? Premature?

You chose...

 

Final remarks: 

 

- Well...its a start.

- Not a very good Start.

- Dont give up.

- Follow the advises of the community.

- Tutorials..tutorials...TUTORIALS.

- Playing and watching others WADs will Help.

 

 

-----//-----

The Wad Was Updating now new graphics 20 maps. But the wad was a beta testing now i will request my new update for my first wad!

Share this post


Link to post

Day 0

 

By @Shawny

 

Download here

 

Warning:

I have recorded this, and for a first time i used microphone. It does not sound very good...i sound like shit. But its a start. Ill probably in the future will try to stream them on twitch. So this was kind of a test. Sorry if you guys dont like my voice...or it sounds bad.

 

So, from this mapper, i was not expecting nothing less than a good map....and that  is what i got.

Yeah its a rough right in the beggining, with a nice trap behind...and traps/teleports in the map. You have...well placed monsters. Must say i got decieved by the bars, i thougth that i needed the blue key to open them....because of the stairs.

I enjoyed...i would like to see more of your work. Keep on doing it.

 

Final remarks :

 

- For the new mappers out there (including myself):

 

Shawny: 

 

"30 hours in-editor, across 5 days of active development.  (About 6 hours a day.)

 

Layout, texturing, triggers and lighting took about 25 hours.

Things placements 2 - 3 hours.

Testing 2 - 3 hours.

 

The layout was made during the first 25 hours of development from scratch with no pre-thoughts, although AFTER I had created

ageneral layout of the map I was thinking about enemy placements and edits even when I was not actively working in-editor.

Like during lunch, bath, before sleep etc. so that may be considered "cheating".

 

That is like +1 - 2 hours of "passive development"

 

- So yeah...this is for one map!

- Bottom line...dont rush it. Take your time. 

- I do have to learn this lesson.

 

 

 

-----//-----

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Warning:

I have recorded this, and for a first time i used microphone. It does not sound very good...i sound like shit. But its a start. Ill probably in the future will try to stream them on twitch. So this was kind of a test. Sorry if you guys dont like my voice...or it sounds bad.

That is cool, everybody has to start somewhere, your commentary will be better over time with practice and sound quality when you eventually get better mic.

 

Quote

Must say i got decieved by the bars, i thougth that i needed the blue key to open them....because of the stairs.

Fair enough, I could use the white light, but that section of the map has quite a lot of white/gray textures already.

I generally use the Doom / Doom 2 "logic" so I use the colored stripes and skulls to mark colored door or swithes.

 

And just to clarify - you don´t need to use freelook for the map (although, it is easier and more convenient). Thet secret switch you found can be shoot from the balcony that is higher up. I know a lot of people prefer to play Doom with mouselook off, so I try to create maps around that.

 

The premise of the map is the 2 way choice to get to the blue key, (I do like non-linear map, although they are harder to balance) so you can go throught the bars or use the elevator (you ended up using after you took the blue key).

 

Bottom line is I am glad you liked it, after positive feedback I got after releasing this map I decided to create a multimap wad, (eventually maybe a megawad) and so I have some maps in development. I do take my time to create them so It is gonna take some time to release more.

Share this post


Link to post

Atonement Episode 3 CAPITOL

 

 By @The Mysterious Moustachio

 

Download here

 

So, yeah i enjoyed this....alot.

For me it was very intense, addictive and i can tell that when i was playing, i lost myself in the game. By "lost" its in a good way...just me and the game playing through the maps forgetting about everything else. The music is great for me, the crazy ass maps were challenging but fair and makes me wonder how much talent we have in the Doom community. The work you guys have....the commitement! Im recent here, and my heart gets full of joy in seeing this kind of thing. Lovely maps "citadel" may i say and makes me want in the future, see the previous chapters. I´ll take them all when everything is done...dont forget about me.

 

Final remarks:

 

- This megawad when finished...i think it will be awsome.

- BURNING BOULEVARD has some height issues (inside the buildings)cutting some monsters head through the ceiling.

- You wanna move around buster...never stop theres alot of mosters to kill.

- We have hard work here...i praise that.

- What a team...you guys are doing a hell of a job here.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----//-----

Share this post


Link to post

Sewer

 

By @Magicana

 

So, in my prespective its not bad map. I dont think its bad designed ( i wish i could be at your level), but i just felt one thing missing...more monsters. 

I think (in my opinion), that this mapper is interesting, and should keep up. When i was playing the only thing that i think that could be improved here...is more monsters. The pace gets high and lows and maybe you could consider to study more monster placement. In general...its a fine map! You keep it up! I want to see more work from you.

 

Final remarks:

 

- Just minor missed transitions on the walls.

- Did i said "More Monsters'"? Yeah...ill say it again, More monsters.

- Keep it up!

 

 

 

-----//-----

Share this post


Link to post

I firmly agree with two of your last two sentiments: Atonement will be awesome and Magicana is an interesting mapper to keep an eye on.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, HAK3180 said:

I firmly agree with two of your last two sentiments: Atonement will be awesome and Magicana is an interesting mapper to keep an eye on.

 

Hey man, ill get you an answer to my WAD that you played. Sorry, the time has not been much! Thanks alot! ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Austinado said:

Sewer

 

By @Magicana

 

So, in my prespective its not bad map. I dont think its bad designed ( i wish i could be at your level), but i just felt one thing missing...more monsters. 

I think (in my opinion), that this mapper is interesting, and should keep up. When i was playing the only thing that i think that could be improved here...is more monsters. The pace gets high and lows and maybe you could consider to study more monster placement. In general...its a fine map! You keep it up! I want to see more work from you.

 

Final remarks:

 

- Just minor missed transitions on the walls.

- Did i said "More Monsters'"? Yeah...ill say it again, More monsters.

- Keep it up!

-----//-----

 

There are plenty more monsters on UV (Well - A few more at least) and some of the encounters go very differently as well - For example, the Mancubus fight has a second pain elemental (Which draws people into the room), more cacodemons (Who can close with the player) and killing the Mancubus allows an Arachnotron to teleport in (Even worse of a turret sniper than a Mancubus). I've got two 1/3 done maps that have a little bit of imp slaughter though...

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Austinado said:

Atonement Episode 3 CAPITOL

 

 By @The Mysterious Moustachio

 

Download here

 

So, yeah i enjoyed this....alot.

For me it was very intense, addictive and i can tell that when i was playing, i lost myself in the game. By "lost" its in a good way...just me and the game playing through the maps forgetting about everything else. The music is great for me, the crazy ass maps were challenging but fair and makes me wonder how much talent we have in the Doom community. The work you guys have....the commitement! Im recent here, and my heart gets full of joy in seeing this kind of thing. Lovely maps "citadel" may i say and makes me want in the future, see the previous chapters. I´ll take them all when everything is done...dont forget about me.

 

Final remarks:

 

- This megawad when finished...i think it will be awsome.

- BURNING BOULEVARD has some height issues (inside the buildings)cutting some monsters head through the ceiling.

- You wanna move around buster...never stop theres alot of mosters to kill.

- We have hard work here...i praise that.

- What a team...you guys are doing a hell of a job here.

 

 

Thank you so much for playing through all of Episode 3! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I really appreciate your notes on the wad! I will make sure to post it again when it's done if you're still up for more in the future!

Share this post


Link to post

Hum.... Do you know that you're playing map 27 and 28 from Doom 2 and not my maps? Deadly Standards runs with Ultimate Doom.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Roofi said:

Hum.... Do you know that you're playing map 27 and 28 from Doom 2 and not my maps? Deadly Standards runs with Ultimate Doom.

 

Oops. :)

I started watching the video yesterday and stopped a few minutes in because I thought "I already know this map from long ago", but I never thought it was an original ID-Map. Seems like it's time to play Doom2 again to fresh up those memories. :)

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Roofi said:

Hum.... Do you know that you're playing map 27 and 28 from Doom 2 and not my maps? Deadly Standards runs with Ultimate Doom.

 

Man..i played Doom2 alot years ago...now i feel kinda fool..

Ok..i will delete the videos. Sorry about this...

Share this post


Link to post

MWCM

 

By @EtherBot

 

So...my oh my... what we have got here...!
I finished this megawad last night, and there is a saying "never judge a book by its cover" and in this case, never judge a WAD by its first levels.
At first i was afraid i was terrified, when i saw the first levels here by my side....but then...then...there is something... that pulls you in. I cant explain. I had to keep going...until the end.

 

Its like at first  "...nahhh..this is crap, the design sucks, did a kid do this?"..but then "Wait...whats going on here?!" and then at the end "IM GONNA FINNISH THIS!" It reminds me PORTAL...i got hooked...this was not what expected.... Bottom line: What a Wonderfull surprise.

 

Final remarks:
 

- Welcome to the Twilight Zone.

- Dont get yourself fooled, this mapper knows what he is doing.

- Its so akward that it becomes natural. 

- I guess it might not be original...but it was for me.

- @EtherBot in your post you said you are not ready to release anything else...my questions are "You dont have more material to release? Or you dont want to release anymore material after this one?" Because if you have...please do.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----//-----

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Austinado said:

MWCM

 

By @EtherBot

 

So...my oh my... what we have got here...!
 

Its like at first  "...nahhh..this is crap, the design sucks, did a kid do this?"..but then "Wait...whats going on here?!" and then at the end "IM GONNA FINNISH THIS!" It reminds me PORTAL...i got hooked...this was not what expected.... Bottom line: What a Wonderfull surprise.

 

 

 

I'm so in - just downloaded it. Your reviews are filling up my tp-play-folder. :)

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×