Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
inkoalawetrust

Walls do not block projectiles

So im making a custom WAD on Doom Builder 2 but an issue that i keep encountering and that i don't know how to fix is that the walls i make cannot block non-hitscan projectiles (e.g the ones Imps throw) and im lost on what to do since im pretty sure i have tried everything to fix this.

Note: Originally the walls i made couldn't block hitscans either but i found a thread explaining what to do to fix that and i just had to turned off the "Double Sided" option.

13 minutes ago, xvertigox said:

I'm confused - can you post an example?

On what ? How i made the walls ?

If you mean how i made the walls then i can't explain that because i don't know how too and if you mean an example of how i made the building i don't know that either so i can't make an example map either.

I mean post the wad or at least a screenshot so I can see what you mean by wall.

Edit: Screenshot of Doom Builder that is, not in-game.

I don't need to now since i figured out how to make the walls block projectiles now.

I just made the area i wanna have a wall into a sector and then lowered it down and made a proper wall that way (Although hits don't leave burn marks) but i had to texture every angle because in-game the walls would be see through if i did not.

If you want to have a wall you can make the sector then delete it leaving a void behind. It's a much better method than making every wall a 0 height sector.

45 minutes ago, inkoalawetrust said:

So im making a custom WAD on Doom Builder 2 but an issue that i keep encountering and that i don't know how to fix is that the walls i make cannot block non-hitscan projectiles (e.g the ones Imps throw) and im lost on what to do since im pretty sure i have tried everything to fix this.

Note: Originally the walls i made couldn't block hitscans either but i found a thread explaining what to do to fix that and i just had to turned off the "Double Sided" option.

I never had to mess around with making linedefs onesided in order to create walls that block anything.

Massive walls are either raised/lowered sectors, or "voids". And even in the case of massive walls, mancubus fireballs can still "clip" through, but it's an engine glitch.

Basically don't build "walls" from just a single linedef and expect them to work.

1 minute ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

I never had to mess around with making linedefs onesided in order to create walls that block anything.

Massive walls are either raised/lowered sectors, or "voids". And even in the case of massive walls, mancubus fireballs can still "clip" through, but it's an engine glitch.

Basically don't build "walls" from just a single linedef and expect them to work.

I only tried building walls from a single linedef the first day (AKA yesterday) i started using Doom Bulder.

This time i had used two linedefs before finally figuring out that i can make walls by lowering/raising sectors just 10-20 minutes ago.

3 hours ago, inkoalawetrust said:

I only tried building walls from a single linedef the first day (AKA yesterday) i started using Doom Bulder.

This time i had used two linedefs before finally figuring out that i can make walls by lowering/raising sectors just 10-20 minutes ago.

Don't lower or raise sectors to make walls, instead hover your mouse over the sector you will turn into a wall and use Del/Supr on it, and it will turn into a wall the Doom engine can process better and faster.