Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Simomarchi

ACS - Setmusic set nothing

Question

I have this problem with the ACS command Setmusic. I'm making a large map so I want to change music in specific points of the level to change the atmosphere. 

I've done this 3 times in my map without any problem using "setmusic", but now, for no reason, the first one no longer works. It is a script as simple as:

Spoiler

Script 1 (void)

{

SetMusic ("D_OPENIN");

}

Please note that the script will completly remove the music, so it works but not in the way that I want (like if it is changing the current music with an empty track)

I've found that it is the specific track that causes the problem, because it will not work in any other script if I make a new one with the same track. I've tried to import the track in my wad again using slade (because maybe it was corrupted) but nothing happend.

Lastly (but I don't think it is important) the track is quite large compared to other midis (120 kb, it is the music of SF2011 MAP30), so maybe I'm running into some memory problems considering that the map is reaching 45k sidedefs.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, R4L said:

What is triggering the script?

A walkover line. But it works because the script is triggered. What is wrong is that the music stops rather that change

can you use the console command "changemus" to change the song to D_OPENIN? if you can't, that suggests something is wrong with the song file itself.

It's unlikely to be memory, 120 KB is fucking peas on any remotely modern system (for reference, Dave D. Taylor blues is 63KB, right at the limit of the MUS file format).

1 hour ago, SaladBadger said:

can you use the console command "changemus" to change the song to D_OPENIN? if you can't, that suggests something is wrong with the song file itself.

It's unlikely to be memory, 120 KB is fucking peas on any remotely modern system (for reference, Dave D. Taylor blues is 63KB, right at the limit of the MUS file format).

Yes I can. But the result is always the same. At this point I think I will simply change the track and solve my problem this way. 

Yeah I know that 120 KB is nothing, but who knows...maybe it was that

Edit: It seems that the track will work only in the original SF2011 wad and only on prboom+. So i think that I'm running in some strange loading problem with the crappy zdoom optimization. I think that if I wait enough time the track will start also on zdoom but it's far more simpler to simply change it. 

Damn crappy laptop

Edited by Simomarchi