Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Nate

Doom RTX On - AKA "Ah, shit, here we go again"

So a few days ago, this popped up on ModDB:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-rtx-on

Basically, it's Doom Remake 4, except without the bad weapon models and with a modified version of Beautiful Doom lazily slapped in. It is currently unknown if the uploader is Vasyan under an alt, but it's still pretty much the same shit. Can't wait to see this get taken down too.

16 minutes ago, NightFright said:

I would like to have those liquids shaders as a separate mod, the rest they can keep.

If you were simulating room-temperature mercury maybe, but they don't exactly look realistic for anything else.

If it has the same files from the other one, then it's Vasyan trying a second attempt. Hope that gets sniped.

I can see two of my mods in that video above. One is the motion blur which was fixed months ago- why didn't they update it before making the compilation? The other is ScreeM and I've gotta ask... why? I mean the next version I hope will redeem it but the best part of that old one is the temperature control (which is credited to someone else btw).

vasya (this is rought equivalent of "vasyan"), petya (another russian name), both with trailing digits... i believe that the case is solved, gentlemen.

Edited by ketmar

1 hour ago, Super Mighty G said:

I see those 3D models are still the ones from 10 or something years ago.

that's because vasyan cannot do anything by himself. like, at all. not even merging various mods he downloaded into something that is working right. so yeah, the only models he can use are those old ones.

too bad that he didn't made it standalone this time, so zenimax could deliver a coup de grâce on it.

Looks like vasyan pulled a "remake" on his account to keep doing this. Jesus christ jumping on a pogo stick I have friends who had art theft problems but vas taking others mods again and pulling this twice is some pure chode like determination.

Here's to hoping zen or moddb steps in and pulls this down again and hopefully it stays that way. 

Funny, I look this build is still very annoying someone. Vasyan did not claim authorship, he wrote that it is just a collection of mods. 

Literally: I'm not a modmaker. This was an assembly stolen from anywhere resources. I myself know only how to pull crooked decorates. There even materials were poor and strong drawdowns due to the fact that the lighting is not placed manually and was created from the textures of the script stolen from zdoom.org. Ironically at all that gaming magazines and other news sites began to force this so that even Zenimax found out.

Gotta hand it to the SOB, he's persistent if nothing else.

Yea because vasyan is the only one who would do this? Stop talking like its the worst thing ever. There are enough people who like playing doom with mods like this. With very few knowledge you can just remove 3d models if you don't like them. Everything is optional.

18 minutes ago, eviltechno said:

because vasyan is the only one who would do this?

because we're not blind, and we're not dumb.

Hi. I'm petya222, the guy who uploaded Doom RTX On mod. I decided to stop working on this mod because it got too bad rating because I took stuff from Doom Remake 4 without permission and I don't want to be associated with a mod with bad rating like this (which is now "2"). Also my friends send me this link to this thread where people blaming me for violating some copyrights (I thought I can take stuff from Doom Remake 4 because it was abandoned, but people started blaming me that I stole it), so I don't want any legal trouble either, I didn't even know it was shut down by Bethesda, I've got the final version from rutracker (russian torrent website) and original author in the last post stated that he's releasing last final version and discontinuing any work on it. He didn't say why.

I would like to delete the page, but unfortunately I forgot passwords for both accounts - moddb and email my moddb account was registered to (it was in txt file which I accidently deleted). Is there a way to close the moddb page? Maybe emailing moderators/admins?

1 hour ago, Pet9A228 said:

I would like to delete the page, but unfortunately I forgot passwords for both accounts - moddb and email my moddb account was registered to (it was in txt file which I accidently deleted).

You forgot the password and stuff, yet you  uploaded this literally on the 29th of june? How can you forget a password for something that you uploaded literally 6 days ago???

2 hours ago, ketmar said:

Very controversial statement. You can only speak for yourself, not for everyone. :)

2 minutes ago, Doomenator said:

You can only speak for yourself, not for everyone. :)

but i am writing on behalf of all my multiple personalities.

16 minutes ago, ketmar said:

but i am writing on behalf of all my multiple personalities.

In that case, your statement is even more controversial. :D

Dissociative identity disorder (DID), previously known as multiple personality disorder, is a mental disorder characterized by at least two distinct and relatively enduring personality states. This is accompanied by memory gaps beyond what would be explained by ordinary forgetfulness. These states alternately show in a person's behavior; presentations, however, are variable. Other problems which often occur in people with DID include borderline personality disorder (BPD), posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, substance use disorders, self-harm, or anxiety.

but... calling this a "disorder" is so untolerant! i insist on calling it "mental difference"!

37 minutes ago, Yugiboy85 said:

You forgot the password and stuff, yet you  uploaded this literally on the 29th of june? How can you forget a password for something that you uploaded literally 6 days ago???

As I can rembember I didn't get moddb confirmation letter on my main russian email account so I registered another one in some american email service to register moddb account. I stored password in txt file which I accidently deleted. The password was still in my opera cache, but after I run ccleaner to clean some space on drive it dissapeared. I thought I can restore email with security question but instead it asked me for date of birth and when I was registering email I just entered random number, so there was no way to restore it.

I actually wanted to upload updated fixed version because 1.0 had some bugs, but I couldn't do it. Also I didn't expect so much attention to this compilation. I thought it will just silently stay there and I can share the link with only friends. But now it's so many negative comments on moddb, youtube and here, so I want to delete it.

4 hours ago, ketmar said:

Should I even reply to this? You are prolly one of those people who accuse someone of cheating in multiplayer games, talking like they know everything and can't be wrong.  At least you remind me on them. 

Or just keep on trolling. 

4 hours ago, Pet9A228 said:

I actually wanted to upload updated fixed version because 1.0 had some bugs, but I couldn't do it. Also I didn't expect so much attention to this compilation. I thought it will just silently stay there and I can share the link with only friends. But now it's so many negative comments on moddb, youtube and here, so I want to delete it.

May I ask, why not have it on a private download link and not something as public as ModDB if you didn't expect it to receive much attention? And another curious thing, were you aware that your username on ModDB, petya222, is very close to the Doom Remake 4's author username, which was vasyan777? The similarities makes it very easy to believe it is the same person involved.

7 hours ago, Erick said:

May I ask, why not have it on a private download link and not something as public as ModDB if you didn't expect it to receive much attention? And another curious thing, were you aware that your username on ModDB, petya222, is very close to the Doom Remake 4's author username, which was vasyan777? The similarities makes it very easy to believe it is the same person involved.

Because there you can upload screenshots showing what is this, not giving people something they may thing is suspicious full of viruses. Also other services are not reliable. They delete file if it is innactive or blocked in some countries (like yandex, mail.ru in Ukraine).

I don't know who is vasyan, my name is Pyotr. I downloaded Doom Remake 4 from rutracker where uploader's nickname was something else. I liked Doom Remake 4 but I hated right-sided 3d weapons and HUD which looked nothing like a Doom, so I just replaced a few mods with others, so game looked like Doom not some Quake or Unreal. I did not take any credit for it, I just copied same credits.txt from Doom Remake 4 and removed credits for mods I deleted.

I want this to close because it's buggy and poeple now blaming me I'm stole mods, but I can't access to the profile, so I just clicked report.

Well, because I've noticed this mod uses my old textures I decided to try out how it will look with the new ones just for fun

EBIK6Bj.png

ojPZgza.png

icytT1R.png

BXI9DtV.png

KEpkqwE.png