Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Nate

Doom RTX On - AKA "Ah, shit, here we go again"

34 minutes ago, Cacodemon345 said:

The mod just got deleted from Moddb as of time of this post.

It seems I was able to shut this down. I just simply clicked report from 10 proxies, so it appeared in moderators watch list. Considering the comments and its bad rating moderators probably decided to take this down.

Reinchard, looks good. Can you make a video?

Edited by Pet9A228

2 hours ago, Cacodemon345 said:

The mod just got deleted from Moddb as of time of this post.

so much for lost passwords, and being caught in the act.

(yep, i don't believe a word he says)

8 hours ago, Reinchard said:

Well, because I've noticed this mod uses my old textures I decided to try out how it will look with the new ones just for fun

Still looking awful, too much plastic. And "step" texture look like a "step" floor.

11 minutes ago, Doomenator said:

too much plastic, too much metal, too much concrete - or other random Doomworld masters of the pixel

groan...

Well.. "Doomworld" ;)

Edited by Reinchard

to be honest I never realised that ceiling texture was supposed to be metal

I've been using it with STONE2 for over a year and a half now

oops

Why doing same shit all over again after being noticed by Zenimax, have very negative reaction from people and shutting previous "mod" revision down due legal issues?

Stop. Vasyan, you DON'T do it right. 

8 hours ago, Wereknight said:

Stop. Vasyan, you DON'T do it right. 

You should repeat this mantra three times before bedtime every day, within a year. Otherwise it won't work. :)

@ReinchardWoah! I remember your older mod, which was great, but, wow! I know I can only see a couple rooms, but, somehow, it seems like one complete, consistent body of art...like each image was perfected to work well with all the others!

I've seen most of the hires Doom packs out there, and I really like this one! In a phrase, I'd have to say 'clean and sharp!'. Bravo!

On 7/7/2019 at 1:00 AM, Reinchard said:

Well, because I've noticed this mod uses my old textures I decided to try out how it will look with the new ones just for fun

Those textures look great. Do you have them online anywhere?

Also @Pet9A228 do you really think we are that stupid? Your list of excuses for not being able to delete the page reads like a bad comedy script.

Edited by Murdoch

of course, vasyan just couldn't stop. meet doom ray tracing! still the same thing, still no credits, but now we have one more lies -- about rtx. i guess Graf, dpJudas and others will be happy to know that GZDoom now has raytracing support! ;-)

which doesn't justice blatant lies and missing credits. in his usual fashion he's trying to pull "i am just trolling" card to throw away any accusations. that -- for me -- doesn't work, considering the past history of this abomination of a mod.

Can somebody summarize vasyan777's interesting "history", seeing this mess of a "mod"?

1 hour ago, Armaetus said:

Can somebody summarize vasyan777's interesting "history", seeing this mess of a "mod"?

Basically, he's a thief who kept stealing assets, even when the creators of said assets specifically said that he's not allowed to use it. Then Zenimax took DR4 down because it was able to run on its own and (I think) had some official IWAD content in there. He put it back up in a modified form that worked like an actual mod. Then it was taken down again because the modified GZDoom executable used had the Doom logo in it. Then not too long later, he put it back up under an alt account as "Doom RTX On". DRO eschewed the 3D weapon models for a bad Beautiful Doom reskin. Vasyan explained that it didn't actually use RTX and he just titled it that because of the meme. He then claimed that he forgot the password to the alt account he used to upload it so, he took it down by spamming the report button on ModDB. It seems he still hasn't learned his lesson, as it's now back again as "Doom Ray Tracing", which is basically RTX on but with terrible bloom and terrible LGBT textures added (and I don't think Vasyan actually supports LGBT at that).

11 minutes ago, Sgt Nate V said:

Basically, he's a thief who kept stealing assets, even when the creators of said assets specifically said that he's not allowed to use it. Then Zenimax took DR4 down because it was able to run on its own and (I think) had some official IWAD content in there. He put it back up in a modified form that worked like an actual mod. Then it was taken down again because the modified GZDoom executable used had the Doom logo in it. Then not too long later, he put it back up under an alt account as "Doom RTX On". DRO eschewed the 3D weapon models for a bad Beautiful Doom reskin. Vasyan explained that it didn't actually use RTX and he just titled it that because of the meme. He then claimed that he forgot the password to the alt account he used to upload it so, he took it down by spamming the report button on ModDB. It seems he still hasn't learned his lesson, as it's now back again as "Doom Ray Tracing", which is basically RTX on but with terrible bloom and terrible LGBT textures added (and I don't think Vasyan actually supports LGBT at that).

No it is an attack on Romero's recent statements in support of transrights and the ZDoom's community efforts to release a level pack by LGBTQ members.

And no its an attack on that community and blatantly so.

Vasyan is such a charming fellow. (sarcasm)

Edited by Lord_Kane : reworked a sentence, I type too fast for my own good.

1 hour ago, Lord_Kane said:

Vasyan is such a charming fellow.

sure! that's why we're watching closely for each new iteration of his mod! the mod is so amazing that we simply cannot miss new uploads!

at this time i am starting to think that we're the most dedicated fans of this... "mod".

10 hours ago, ketmar said:

of course, vasyan just couldn't stop. meet doom ray tracing! still the same thing, still no credits, but now we have one more lies -- about rtx. i guess Graf, dpJudas and others will be happy to know that GZDoom now has raytracing support! ;-)

Ugh, again with this shit? Seriously, this isn't funny anymore, even with the LGBTQ content thrown into the mix. Plus, at this point, we've gone from trying to cash in on the latest memes with the title to straight-up lying with the title.

I guess third time's the charm, right?

14 minutes ago, GamingMarine said:

to straight-up lying with the title

not only with the title.

Doom RTX is a cutting-edge, ray-traced reimagining of id software’s old school classic. Global lighting effects, including realistic reflections, refraction, shadows, ambient occlusion and global illumination are a result of the path-traced simulation of light.

Doom RTX has introduced new path-traced visual effects, has improved texturing, and has made dozens of other changes and improvements, resulting in an experience that rivals games created today, and pushes your RTX hardware to the limit.

of course, there is good old GZDoom engine inside. which has NO rtx code. so this time he cannot get away with "oh, the title is just a meme" thing.

It is gone, shame I really needed a good punching bag.

The problem is with these compilations is that anyone who would even be interested has these mods separately already, they're redundant.

The "Doom Ray Tracing (RTX)" page is still up (linked by ketmar).  I reported it on Mod DB, but I will not be spamming multiple reports.  It would be more effective if other users also click the report button.

The uploader appears to be a typical alt-right troll who is trying to smear the LGBT+ community.

2 hours ago, TheUltimateDoomer666 said:

I reported it on Mod DB, but I will not be spamming multiple reports.  It would be more effective if other users also click the report button.

On ModDB a lot of mods with stolen assets, please take to report all of them. Otherwise, it looks like a selective approach. Could be the reason of the nationality of the author?

And Yes, despite being a meme, the report will look like an attack on the LGBT community.

Like just literally call it a compilation of visual enhancements and give credit/links to the original mods used, you made it for convenience yes.

That would fix almost every concern.

Looks like someone got angry, the "ray tracing" mod's page got updated with this:

smd.png.42e6378c1af3825a5108ba1dcc54fb6d.png

EDIT: Some minutes later...

smd2.png.41837ced83c498a15cc7b4535b8bef12.png