7 members have voted

1. 1. compaqu/best buy fat cats

• beat \'em with their limbs
    • tank o\' pirahna
    • pecked to death by chickens
    • impaled, doom style
    • shreded by imps
    • just plain shot and nuked

about 2 months ago a friend triped and broke the screen to my new laptop. I took it to best buy for the repairs and such. we had purchesed a policy for accidental breakage and such.
now for the last week i have been unable to contact best buy or the main office. mainly because i ask to speak to a manager i get video or some other Bullshit. so i have learned costomer service at best buy is worse than donkey shit on a hot day.
another thing is this, the policy. i told them we had bought the policy with the system and best buy replied "oh we dont sell that" i said "like hell you dont! it is on this paper" i will contact compaqu to see if they sold the policy. If not who the fuck is walking around with $219 of my damn money. also compaqu said it would cost $629 for replacement and service. however best buy says $1021. now what the fuck!!! i paid a little more than that for the whole damn thing. second i know a good screen would only cost around $300(that type anyway) and service could be around $100 given a local shop. tomarrow i will confront these bull shit fat cats for a little one on one. I would expect only to pay shipment and handeling charges(that should not be over $60)

lesson 1: never buy throught a store like best buy, get hardware and stuff through the vendor.

Lesson 2: DONT buy from compaqu, they are shit computers. a 3 foot fall on padded carpet has never killed any other laptop of mine. also they give u a bunch of BS and prices. gateway and dell are not much better.
Lesson 3: keep all records, if they dont want to know you they can delet you. but if u have the paper work you can get them in leagal trouble.

given how things are going i WILL NOT pay $1021 and if i cant win i will just let the system go and get another.

PS i have some other friends who work at best buy. these people are a bit shady. one guy really doesnt like best buy for a few reasons. also he has "sneaked out" certian items before. I bet he could grab me a new laptop. i dont care if is stealing. I really dont give a shit about anything...duh

what should we do to those back stabing, monkey fucking, donkey ball licking, dolphin anus eating, shit drinking, piss smelling, balless, dumbass, taste less, zombie rapeing cat fucking, hoarse bangging, squirrel sniffing, butt munching, maggot eating, dick licking, ass goblin, turd fucking fat cars upstairs.

1. Invent BFG to kill all evil corporate slugs.
2. TP All Best Buy store worldwide.
3. Take over the world.
4. Duct tape your mouth shut:) (more phuqin' profanity than I need to hear ATM)

The only way to effectlively fight 'em is to become one of 'em, and work against 'em from there. The trick is to not lose sight of your goal, to not let the wealth and indolence divert you from your path like it has so many others.

Sephiroth said:

what should we do to those back stabing, monkey fucking, donkey ball licking, dolphin anus eating, shit drinking, piss smelling, balless, dumbass, taste less, zombie rapeing cat fucking, hoarse bangging, squirrel sniffing, butt munching, maggot eating, dick licking, ass goblin, turd fucking fat cars upstairs.

................I like your style ;)

Hmmm...As long as we get to watch or Participate in the killing of them, then I'll be happy. :D

fodders said:

Do we NEED 2 threads about Compaq?

No, not really. One thread should work well enough.

...fires a Morph Ovum at Epyo, turning him into a chicken. Now you can go peck at them all you want, heheh.

Ichor said:

...fires a Morph Ovum at Epyo, turning him into a chicken. Now you can go peck at them all you want, heheh.

Uhhhh, are u sure he will remain a chicken long enough? u'd better follow him with some more just in case he morphs back.

Like heck Dell isn't much better. On two occasions they've given me next-day at-home service on my laptop with no charges whatsoever.

If they don't give you retribution then sue them. I mean it. You have their licence agreement. They don't stand a chance in court. Don't be afraid to exercise your legitimate right. The legal system wasn't put in place just so comic book collectors can sue fast food joints after sprinkling glass in their burgers.

Threaten to sue. That's the next thing you should do. The disputed amount is more than $250. You aren't taking chances by going to court. You WILL win.

Best Buy owns a chain up here in Canada called Future Shop (or as I call 'em "Torture Shop"). Anyways, there's never a salesperson when you need one, and when you'rejust browsing, they're all over you.

People on #zdoom know about my rants about my lousy Compaq 586 I use. I'm either going to reformat or buy a new machine :)

Insomniac said:

Best Buy owns a chain up here in Canada called Future Shop (or as I call 'em "Torture Shop"). Anyways, there's never a salesperson when you need one, and when you'rejust browsing, they're all over you.

They r never all over me when I browse, cuz Im young ^_^

Best Buy bought out MusicLand (who runs Suncoast, Sam Goodie, and Media Play). Teh suck. I just hope BB doesn't lower the MusicLand stores to BB's service standards.

On the plus side, we may actually get Media Play stores in Texas soon. :D

well my dad, being a person who wants what he gets, has turned his guns on best buy. I was gonna say forget it about the whole laptop thing. however best buy never gave us or told us the terms and conditions of the insurance policy on the laptop. they where suppose to give us a small book with that but never did! the clerk(salesman) also told us it covered accidental damage like drops. well he want to sue(sp?) them for the cost of the policy and the price of the repair. honestly i think he has a shot due to the fact that if a woman can sue(once agian spelling?) a gas station for not saying gasoline cant wash hair. plus he has been a lawyer for over 20 years. however he has things aginst him.
1. he is a corrupt drug addict stubborn lawyer. it is best buy a big company. he better brush up on his laws and such, i dont think he will
things he has for him
2. he may be good at getting, junkies, hookers, thiefs, drug dealers and other slime off the hook, but i dont think he has done much of this.
3. has an ego to rival duke nukem. when angry he is a force not to mess with, but when not angry(or high) we is a coward
2. has made a good name for himself(either the others are corrupt or he hides it like a good mob boss).
2 he has connections with almost all local judges.
3. pure experince with many different types of cases.

also compaqu never even fixed it and now says it would cost $1021! WTF unless it is top 'o the line, no screen/repair job cost that damn much. i am at this point saying "fuck it!"

WHAT DO U THINK
win yes or no?

If you want to just say ____ it then go right ahead. I honestly don't give a ____ about your laptop if you don't give a ____ about it.

fodders said:

Why did you not post this in the original thread that you started?

It didn't have a poll.