Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

I Want To Try Out The Original Doom 4

Yes. I'm probably the only person in the world who wants to play the original version of Doom 4. I want to know how it's like and see how fun it would be. Just no regenerating health, please. I HATE regenerating health in games. Also no weapon limit. Aim down sights and sprinting are fine.

2 minutes ago, Required field said:

What? You mean that call of duty like version from 20something?

Yes, although it doesn't look like CoD. It looks more like Rage. CoD wasn't the first modern fps ever made. That goes to Rainbow Six.

I would actually really love to play it too, just to see what it is like. Though I doubt I'd prefer it to what we did get, which is just pure demon slaying fun.

I'd like to play it out of curiosity but that's all. I don't think there's anyway it would be better than what we got.

It'd certainly be interesting to try it once out of curiosity. No more than that, though. It looked as far detached from Doom as anything can look - I'm glad we got the 2016 game instead.

Also, fun fact I learned some time ago: some of the assets from the cancelled Doom 4 ended up being used in Serious Sam 3.

It's difficult to know from the footage they released how playable it actually was. We never saw a single extended piece of footage beyond a few seconds, it could not have ever really been in a properly playable state.

Still, it would be interesting from a historical point of view if it ever surfaced, a little like the Doom alphas.

If it is footage of an unfinished version of an unreleased game, then maybe somebody should leak the unfinished game.

Even if it's shit (which it probably is), preservation of history is a good thing imho.