Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomperson01

PSX Doom themed wads?

I'm looking to play more doom wads, but I really want to try out some PSX themed ones (like using the lighting/sounds/atmosphere) since I grew up with PSX Doom. Any good ones out there?

Fall of Triton also has a sequel.

Then there's Threshold Pain Special Edition and Threshold of Pain II.

I know they're not user made levels but they have user made assets that make up the level bits, but ObAddon (for OBLIGE) added PSX Doom/Doom 64 style colored dynamic lighting not long ago. If you're looking for something completely random and new and want to burn some time, try this.

YO IM MAKING ONE!

This is a demo for a single player 32 level campaign for doom 2.

this demo includes the first six levels.

uses assets from the PSX total conversion mod like the monster sprites, gun sounds and music.

Should run fine with ZDOOM, GZDOOM, LZDOOM, QZDOOM, BOOM, AND ZANDRONUM.

works great with ZDL.

works fine with both brutal doom and project brutality as long as the mod is last on the load order and this wad is 1st (but removes some sound effects in place of the brutal sounds.)

Must use jump and crouch features for getting certain secrets. can be played without free look if you're wanting a more classic feel.

RECOMMEND USING HARDWARE for the light effects and other enhancements but should be just fine on software. 

HERES THE DOWNLOAD LINK!

V

V

V

http://www.mediafire.com/file/i5stk4ugbvj1t3a/TEITENGADEMO.wad/file

title.jpg.3d3aa266863ba297b6e8a1633acd0164.jpg

@WORLD_3AT3R I have played the first 2 levels so far, and I must say....excellent fucking job dude! I can't wait to play the other 4, let alone the project 'when it's done' lol

The only thing that was rough for me was the bloom effect, it was a little bright. Either than that it was great and looking forward to more!

Thank you for doing this and everything you have done.

On 8/26/2019 at 5:25 AM, Welfare Prodigy said:

@Welfare Prodigy I have played the first 2 levels so far, and I must say....excellent fucking job dude! I can't wait to play the other 4, let alone the project 'when it's done' lol

The only thing that was rough for me was the bloom effect, it was a little bright. Either than that it was great and looking forward to more!

Thank you for doing this and everything you have done.

THANKS MAN! I'm glad you dig it! don't get too used to those levels!. lol. i change them all everyday. LET THERE BE SECRETS!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH. and on the bloom effect any tips on how to change it? in what instances are you referring to? i want it to look good on at least ZDOOM, Zandronum and GZDOOM. so if you're using one of those lemme know because your input is valuable!

@WORLD_3AT3R I am only a fan within the Doom community, I am not a map maker, unfortunately. I ran it on GZDoom 4.1.2, 8f that helps at all? 

Keep up the work tho man, it looks amazing and I always welcome a PSX themed wad, @RockHardGamer 45, I've played thru ToP/2 & just started The Forgotten Chapter.... your stuff has been *Keanu Reeves Bill & Ted voice* Most Excellent!

Thank you!

@Doomguy-1993 I wish I knew lol

I have a PSX beta that I downloaded late last year (don't remember where) and it runs fine for the most part, with Doom/Doom II but no support for NRFTL, TNT or Plutonia. 

I use Delta Touch for playing Doom on my Android phone/Android TV Box. This 'beta' I have is the only one that works for what I am using but other ports in the Doomworld forums should work for you. 

On 8/23/2019 at 2:21 AM, WORLD_3AT3R said:

YO IM MAKING ONE!

This is a demo for a single player 32 level campaign for doom 2.

this demo includes the first six levels.

uses assets from the PSX total conversion mod like the monster sprites, gun sounds and music.

Should run fine with ZDOOM, GZDOOM, LZDOOM, QZDOOM, BOOM, AND ZANDRONUM.

works great with ZDL.

works fine with both brutal doom and project brutality as long as the mod is last on the load order and this wad is 1st (but removes some sound effects in place of the brutal sounds.)

Must use jump and crouch features for getting certain secrets. can be played without free look if you're wanting a more classic feel.

RECOMMEND USING HARDWARE for the light effects and other enhancements but should be just fine on software. 

HERES THE DOWNLOAD LINK!

V

V

V

http://www.mediafire.com/file/i5stk4ugbvj1t3a/TEITENGADEMO.wad/file

title.jpg.3d3aa266863ba297b6e8a1633acd0164.jpg

Was watching the video of the tei tenga x, they looked cool, cannot wait for the finished project 

On 7/7/2019 at 5:28 PM, Armaetus said:

I know they're not user made levels but they have user made assets that make up the level bits, but ObAddon (for OBLIGE) added PSX Doom/Doom 64 style colored dynamic lighting not long ago. If you're looking for something completely random and new and want to burn some time, try this.

really ? in this last version or you need another file too?