Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mario Play

My First doom Wad Mod

Recommended Posts

 

5 minutes ago, Mario Play said:

My wad is awesome

THE HELL.rar



It would be a lot more awesome if you included some infos and screenshots. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Take a look at some tutorials. Find maps you like and open them in Doom Builder. Don't call your own work awesome. Do provide info and screenshots next time. Maybe exclude nazis, Romeros, and Keens from your next map.

 

Edited by HAK3180 : missed the word "info"

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Mario Play said:

 

252171441_screenhot1.png.42d5f9c10aaf57d28ee9507dc95c2352.png



See, so it's much better. So everyone can see that you have absolutely no idea about what makes a map "awesome" and (judging from the pic) absolutely no talent.

Better go back to minecraft. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Mario Play said:

My wad is awesome

You should never be like this, even if you make something good. But now your screenshot tells me you made some nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, theDia said:



See, so it's much better. So everyone can see that you have absolutely no idea about what makes a map "awesome" and (judging from the pic) absolutely no talent.

Better go back to minecraft. :)

 

If that's the only "feedback" you could muster you might as well not have said anything instead of pissing people off on purpose

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, theDia said:



See, so it's much better. So everyone can see that you have absolutely no idea about what makes a map "awesome" and (judging from the pic) absolutely no talent.

Better go back to minecraft. :)

 

Cmon dude that was kinda rude.

Share this post


Link to post

Eh, now that the sequel is out, I'm pretty sure this is a troll.

If not, here's some feedback:

 

1) Have an exit (or other way to beat the map)

2) Actually use the line specials and sector effects ever.

3) Use more than one ceiling flat.

4) Use more than one floor height.

5) Use more than one ceiling height.

6) Use more than one brightness level.

7) The map is big enough (1400 x 1000) to warrant the use of more than one texture.

8) Don't over-decorate with hanging victims or piles of skulls/rocks.

9) Extremely hard maps often provide some sort of proof of beatability, such as a demo. (But see point #1; this map is impossible)

10) If you're going for unconventional gimmickry, such as "The point isn't to beat it but to have a contest and a leaderboard of who can stay alive the longest," I would suggest mentioning that.

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

If that's the only "feedback" you could muster you might as well not have said anything instead of pissing people off on purpose



Come on - this guy is obviously a troll. Nobody with a normal brain would even think to release such a crap seriously. This "Map" doesn't even work as a parody. For telling the truth it's not even worth to be called a map, because it's a single room without even an exit.

I have no problem with new mappers asking for help or presenting something they worked on for some time and don't get it right.

But joining the forum and coming out with the first posting about his own "awesome" map - come on, you don't really believe thi was real...
 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, theDia said:



Come on - this guy is obviously a troll. Nobody with a normal brain would even think to release such a crap seriously. This "Map" doesn't even work as a parody. For telling the truth it's not even worth to be called a map, because it's a single room without even an exit.

I have no problem with new mappers asking for help or presenting something they worked on for some time and don't get it right.

But joining the forum and coming out with the first posting about his own "awesome" map - come on, you don't really believe thi was real...
 

You give people too much credit. Who's to say this person isn't 8?

Share this post


Link to post

@Mario Play

Welcome to Doomworld! Enjoy your time here, although, and this may just be my personal preference, not as a troll (if that is what you're doing). If you are indeed here to learn, HAK's comments are a reasonable place to start.

 

53 minutes ago, Super Mighty G said:

You give people too much credit. Who's to say this person isn't 8?

 

If that's the case, then they're asking to be kicked off by Ling, since the rules state a minimum age of 12 or 13 (I don't remember which it is).

 

5 hours ago, theDia said:

everyone can see that you have absolutely no idea about what makes a map "awesome" and (judging from the pic) absolutely no talent.

 

Troll or not, that was a rather rude thing to say, especially the you have "absolutely no talent" line.

 

3 hours ago, HAK3180 said:

1) Have an exit (or other way to beat the map)

 

Looking at the screenshot, this map should be beatable by killing 1 of the Romero heads, right? Admittedly, I haven't played the map, but it seems like it would be relatively straightforward to grab the BFG and blast the nearest Romero head.

 

3 hours ago, theDia said:

it's not even worth to be called a map, because it's a single room without even an exit

 

Regarding the exit, see my previous point. Regarding it being a single room, didn't ToD (or someone) make a map that was a big triangle (or some other shape)? I don't recall that person being excoriated as a no-talent hack for making a (perhaps) experimental or quirky map.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

Regarding the exit, see my previous point. Regarding it being a single room, didn't ToD (or someone) make a map that was a big triangle (or some other shape)? I don't recall that person being excoriated as a no-talent hack for making a (perhaps) experimental or quirky map.

There are 2 maps in this post, the one in the screenshot you can exit killing a romero head but the other has no exit, I think you should play the maps before correcting people.

 

Now about the maps, the map with the romero heads is an awesome piece of art, the other seems bad even if it had an exit, punching a group of cybs with all the decorations on the way is not particularly interesting or reasonable.

Edited by Ancalagon

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Pegleg said:

 

Troll or not, that was a rather rude thing to say, especially the you have "absolutely no talent" line.

 


Sorry, but an aspiring artist has to know his limits. Even if I'm able to build a sentece I'm not Shakespeare and both of these maps are just words glued together without any rhyme or reason. Even in the first days playing with an editor shortly after the release of DOOM I was able to put together a few rooms with the idea of letting the player progress from point A to point B and even the strangest Joke-wads around have at least an idea floating around somewhere in them, even if it's only to punish the player for even starting them. :)

And for @Mario Play:

If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen. :)

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not here to judge or to offend anyone, but I personally don't think that these maps are serious. I mean, everyone here have played at least one decent doom map and have an idea of what a decent doom map is, and we are all trying to emulate that level of quality (the quality of the original doom, or of a cacoward winner, it is not important as long as you are placing in your work your ideas). In these maps I can't see nothing of what I have said. A square is not a map. You are not even trying to make a map if you are building a square full of romero's head, and you know that you are making simply nothing because of my previous sentences. So I will simply ask you: why are you posting this? You know that your work is not worth to be played and you know that you will be judged for your "joke"

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×