Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

So how would you pick up a Soul Sphere IRL?

Yeah so we have all picked up thousands of soul spheres probably. Just run over the space occupied by that pristine blue orb, and voila, our health is #plusonehundred. Useful things, soul spheres.

But imagine a hypothetical 'real' space marine, and a hypothetical 'real' soul sphere. How would a human interact with it to gain the health upgrade? Would you step into the space it occupies to discover it is out of phase with our timeline, a blue orb that now sits in your chest cavity, phasing in and out of existence? Or is it a liquid that would flow over your hands and up your arms, forming an outer liquid skin? Would it attach itself to your face like some sort of 'The Mask' reimagining, with Jim Carrey now cast as our noble space marine? Would you simply pick it up and eat it? Would it mess with your mind with a sentience of its own, or is it a purely physical thing, interacting with our metabolism and biology down to the atomic level?

Feel free to speculate. Also Megaspheres and Invisibility balls and invul spheres and such. How would you interact 'for real' with such strange alien artefacts?

Punch through the glassy exterior of the sphere, (rip and) tear out the delicious innards and consume them voraciously.

Clearly.

My theory is that health over 100 is not actually health but some kind of spiritual shield. 

YOUR SOUL IS MINE!

Doomguy would be a perfect replacement for Shang Tsung due of all of the souls that he collected, including all of the megaspheres that has a mancubus soul inside of it...how it's done? I guess that once picked up, he would touch the soul and be absorbed, enveloping him with a blue aura until it has normal HP values. And...idk...some creepy voice would be heard from that sphere...

I always assumed that you either drink it, or smash it against your head to break it.

1 hour ago, Bauul said:

deliberately bursting blue liquid over the player as soon as they get within a few inches of them

So it's basically hentai... :P

You walk into it and the power inside absorbs into you, infusing you with whatever the sphere's power is.

10 minutes ago, Rince-wind said:

By shooting at it until it dies.

IRL you have limited speed and stamina. Will you dodge all rockets? IRL 1 rocket would be more than enough for you.

Touch it, probably place my hand over it. I wonder what long-term effects things like Soulspheres would have. Immune to cancer? Never have to eat?

57 minutes ago, Loud Silence said:

Will you dodge all rockets? IRL 1 rocket would be more than enough for you.

Where does he even keep those rockets?

11 minutes ago, Rince-wind said:

1 hour ago, JustCallMeKaito said:

Suppository.jpg

:D

1 hour ago, Loud Silence said:

IRL you have limited speed and stamina. Will you dodge all rockets? IRL 1 rocket would be more than enough for you.

They can't track shots. Just move in any way that isn't straight towards it.

2 hours ago, Loud Silence said:

Someone have played Doom way too much. I will join for fun: "How would you kill a Cyberdemon IRL?"

You simply walk to any room that is above another room, and the Cyderdemon cannot comprehend what has just happened and its head explodes. 

Guest Unregistered account

Since it's been proven the spheres are just soul cocktails in glass orbs, what do you think the different spheres taste like? I like to imagine the Soulsphere is Coke, the Invulnerability Sphere is sprite and the Megasphere is cream soda.

*unzips pants*

49 minutes ago, Rince-wind said:

Nanomachines build rockets inside his arm cannon.

5 hours ago, Bauul said:

In the Doom novels, if I remember correctly, they're described as almost deliberately bursting blue liquid over the player as soon as they get within a few inches of them, which then seeps into wounds and heals them, refreshing and rejuvenating in the process.

You do indeed remember correctly.

22 minutes ago, Bauul said:

You simply walk to any room that is above another room, and the Cyderdemon cannot comprehend what has just happened and its head explodes. 

Cyberdemon is Godzilla's size i guess. Plus he launches a Rocket every time he sees a target. He notice a Doomguy running to house, launches a rocket - bye house. We have a puzzle - how to get Doomguy and very huge Cyberdemon in to a house with a room big enough for Cyberdemon.

I asked well known scientist for help in this situation, he didn't look happy.

original.jpg?fit=facearea&w=680&h=415&fa

3 hours ago, Loud Silence said:

"How would you kill a Cyberdemon IRL?"

47 minutes ago, Loud Silence said:

Cyberdemon is Godzilla's size i guess.

Simple.

Doomguy is 56 units tall, or 6 foot according to Q3, which means the 110 unit tall goat is 141.4 inches.
Your average home has ceilings about 8 - 9 feet apart from the floor. The solution? Run around and watch
him smack his head on everything. Enough head trauma later and you'll have a dead goatborg.

You guys have brought this "drink the blue koolaid inside" thing way too far and I personally am offended. The orbs clearly make the sound of a gong being hit when you collect them - between that and their round shape I think it's safe to conclude that he hits them like a gong with a felt-tip mallet which causes them to explode and heal him.