Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bLOCKbOYgAMES

So how would you pick up a Soul Sphere IRL?

You make out with it.

On 7/12/2019 at 4:11 PM, Loud Silence said:

IRL you have limited speed and stamina. Will you dodge all rockets? IRL 1 rocket would be more than enough for you.

Hideous Destructor will give you a pretty good idea of what it would be like

My mind tells wants them to be extremely viscous, but also very film-like...the metallic "absorption" sequence Neo goes through early in the first "Matrix" film comes to mind. 

And given the obvious faces on at least three of them, it seems like some kind of visible consciousness embedded inside. I almost think of a Klein bottle, or other seemingly self-intersecting surfaces, a sort of 4D Russian doll. 

I like the idea of it having a skin that covers you. With all four orbs, given their effect, a protective temporary coating makes sense.

On 7/17/2019 at 2:25 PM, unpleasantmarine said:

will i get banned if i say "put it up my ass"

UAC AnuSphere ™ brand Soulsphere Suppositories.

Kind of like a bath in a cool lake. You dive headfirst into it on a hot summer day and enjoy your well-earned refreshment.

DoomGuy would smoke it.

Posted (edited)

"Hey baby, what's a power of the gods giving sphere like you doing in a wad like this?"

Literally how I feel sometimes.

Also this is my first post. Long long time doomer. About time I signed on here. Nice to meet you.

Edit: Then it looks me in the eyes, blushes, and helps me not have to use console commands

Edit 2 It glances at me, shifting it's gaze "Larry-senpai...are you..going to..touch me?" As I walk by, already completely full of health, the sphere weeps

I can do this all day. Fucking hammered. Drink up lads and laddies!

Edit 3: I slowly walk by, attempting to ignore the increasingly aggressive crying of the soul sphere.

I shoot a rocket into the wall. 

I can't just leave it like this.

I pick up the soul sphere

2 years later I'm on the hook for child support for 3 medkits 

Edit 4: I know what you're thinking, that math doesn't add up. Granted, how would you know the gestation period of a soul sphere--

But the thing is, you're right. I thought the second medkit would be just that, but it came out a berserk pack.

The surgery to separate them was unbearable. I wasn't sure if I made the right decision, but they deserved to live their own life. Separate from one another. And so, our beautiful berserk kit was rightfully separated into two beautiful medkit.

I've never been more proud  

Then one day, my eldest medkit told me he identified as an armor pickup. 

At first I immediately told them to leave, but the next day, after sleeping on it, we talked over coffee.

I never thought my son would be an armor pickup. I wanted them to one day have small health pickups of their own. 

But I still love them.   

#Notallpowerups

My biggest fear is that someone will just pick them up, use them, and move right on to the next powerup 

Edited by Larry : for the lulz

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Larry said:

"Hey baby, what's a power of the gods giving sphere like you doing in a wad like this?"

Literally how I feel sometimes.

Also this is my first post. Long long time doomer. About time I signed on here. Nice to meet you.

We could rewrite some of the Doom source code to include  some quality filters that exclude soul spheres from crap wads. I'm sure it wouldn't be *much* work or anything.

Also, welcome to Doomworld. From a fellow longtime Doomer, but *relatively* recent member of these forums.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, bLOCKbOYgAMES said:

We could rewrite some of the Doom source code to include  some quality filters that exclude soul spheres from crap wads. I'm sure it wouldn't be *much* work or anything.

Also, welcome to Doomworld. From a fellow longtime Doomer, but *relatively* recent member of these forums.

I prefer the rawness of things, if that's such a thing. I love me a good TC but..the genuineness of barebones (barebonesish nowadays as admidetly I prefer source ports, been using zandronum for.. ever) is charming and engrossing to me.  I've been toying with a map editor but mostly these days due to my absolute garbage internet, I've been obsessed with the oblige generator. Being the rogue like nerd I am, the idea of random doom absolutely enthralls me

Edit 1: thanks so much for the welcome! It's a pleasure to meet you

Edit 2: The last time I had decent internet on my PC wass around when the MegaMan hotel was getting pretty popular       

Edit 3: I even hate to admit this, but...mouse look or die haha. Source ports spoiled me

Edited by Larry : addressing source ports

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Larry said:

I prefer the rawness of things, if that's such a thing. I love me a good TC but..the genuineness of barebones (barebonesish nowadays as admidetly I prefer source ports, been using zandronum for.. ever) is charming and engrossing to me.  I've been toying with a map editor but mostly these days due to my absolute garbage internet, I've been obsessed with the oblige generator. Being the rogue like nerd I am, the idea of random doom absolutely enthralls me

You must try Vanilla essence. For GZDoom, one button and it converts everything to look like classic Doom: https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=59412

Also try Screem, which modifies the Doom palette to be more 'classic' … the darks are darker, the lights are lighter, more contrast in short. Doom is much more brutal and scarier. Harder too... 

These two mods are my mainstays when playing classic megawads.

Also, Get DoomRL if you like roguelikes. An amazing roguelike. Hope this helps.

Edit 1: thanks so much for the welcome! It's a pleasure to meet you

And you also my friend. :)

Edit 2: The last time I had decent internet on my PC wass around when the MegaMan hotel was getting pretty popular       

Edit 3: I even hate to admit this, but...mouse look or die haha. Source ports spoiled me

I probably should know what megaman hotel is.

Also... MOUSE LOOK???? …  I formally retract my welcome... lol j/k  

Seriously Doom is amazing like that. Play it any way you like, it is still awesome. Cheers. Hope some of those suggestions help. :)

On 7/26/2019 at 11:10 AM, bLOCKbOYgAMES said:

You must try Vanilla essence. For GZDoom, one button and it converts everything to look like classic Doom: https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=59412

Also try Screem, which modifies the Doom palette to be more 'classic' … the darks are darker, the lights are lighter, more contrast in short. Doom is much more brutal and scarier. Harder too... 

These two mods are my mainstays when playing classic megawads.

Also, Get DoomRL if you like roguelikes. An amazing roguelike. Hope this helps.

And you also my friend. :)

I probably should know what megaman hotel is.

Also... MOUSE LOOK???? …  I formally retract my welcome... lol j/k  

Seriously Doom is amazing like that. Play it any way you like, it is still awesome. Cheers. Hope some of those suggestions help. :)

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll be checking them out. DoomRL is great. The creator did an aliens rl too if I remember correctly, and it was pretty bad ass as well  

And you bet your ass Doomguy chugs those health potions like no tomorrow then throws the empty glass at the nearest wall, somehow never alerting any enemies.

16 hours ago, Larry said:

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll be checking them out. DoomRL is great. The creator did an aliens rl too if I remember correctly, and it was pretty bad ass as well  

Anytime. I did play AliensRL a little, but played DRL way too much. I assume you know about Jupiter Hell?

8 hours ago, Maximum Matt said:

And you bet your ass Doomguy chugs those health potions like no tomorrow then throws the empty glass at the nearest wall, somehow never alerting any enemies.

lol. 

*Doomguy breaks three thousand health potion bottles all over the Solar System.

*Demons snooze happily.

*Doomguy gently pumps his fist

*All Hell awakes and launches an invasion.

And he can also balance seventy armor helmets on top of his own helmet.  Which can kinda explain why he doesn't want to jump or crouch.  

4 hours ago, Maximum Matt said:

And he can also balance seventy armor helmets on top of his own helmet.  Which can kinda explain why he doesn't want to jump or crouch.  

haha yes absolutely. And now that I think about it this explains why doors closing on doomguy's head never seems to phase him. Especially those fast closing doors. And elevators raising him into a ceiling and then going back down. etc etc. :)