Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GoneAway

The Next Iteration of DSDA

My demos in the following posts are missing:

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/107308-beat-your-own-demos-month-july-4-aug-4/?do=findComment&comment=2006593

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/107308-beat-your-own-demos-month-july-4-aug-4/?do=findComment&comment=2006289

Also, in the tables, the horizontal lines separating maps and categories don't show up very well, on my monitor (which isn't a crappy one by any means - 3840x2160 resolution) at least. Random example attached.

dsda_hr.png

701 demos uploaded, anything after 2020-01-04 23:59 CET timezone has not been uploaded yet, if earlier demos are missing let us know. Some were ignored because of missing .txt file. We are aware that some demos were uploaded under incorrect playernames (for example tezuro instead of tezur0) and some of the recent demopack demos secret exits are not labelled correctly (edit and some demos not being marked as TAS), that will be fixed shortly.

Edited by ZeroMaster010

Ah, I see that you've listed my demo under the username "Poncho1", which is understandable, however if you could, may it be possible to put my future demos under my original "Poncho" account/name thingy?

Cheers in advance.

Yeah that mistake happens all the time, sorry about that. I grab the name from doomworld and as long as I know the name is different from dsda I can set it to automatically change it, but I just always forget :)

There's a few Eviternity demos of mine listed with incorrect information on DSDArchive that I was hoping someone wouldn't mind updating.

- Map 8 NoMo100s TAS in 36.77 - This is a NoMo and not NoMo100s TAS. Actually, I would prefer to have this removed altogether if that's okay (very crap quick -recordfromto demo to show a now obsolete trick).

- Map 11 NoMo in 21.09 - this is actually a built 3-player Coop TAS, but is not displayed as such. 

- Eviternity NoMo in 56:47 - this demo appears twice, no idea why, but please remove one of them. 

Thank you to you guys for your efforts in working on this archive!

For the map 8 run, what about just adding a note like "Demonstrates an obsolete trick"? I prefer not to remove entries when possible. It's nice to document the history even if things become obsolete.

Hey hey hey,

I just checked DSDA, and I realized that the E3M6s demos I, 4shockblast and depr4vity uploaded are listed as E3M6, but we actually used the Secret Exit.

Is it just an oversight or do they now count as the same thing?

1 hour ago, Alaux said:

Hey hey hey,

I just checked DSDA, and I realized that the E3M6s demos I, 4shockblast and depr4vity uploaded are listed as E3M6, but we actually used the Secret Exit.

Is it just an oversight or do they now count as the same thing?

Yeah, this was a mistake. We're aware of it, and it's been noted for fixing at some point. Thanks for pointing it out, though!

11 minutes ago, 4shockblast said:

Yeah, this was a mistake. We're aware of it, and it's been noted for fixing at some point. Thanks for pointing it out, though!

And thank you for uploading demos (mine and everyone's)

4 hours ago, kraflab said:

Fixed a whole bunch of stuff 🤠

If I missed something let me know!

Is it just me or is there an E3M6s UV-Speed demo missing? I think there was another one with a time of 6.91

1 hour ago, Alaux said:

Is it just me or is there an E3M6s UV-Speed demo missing? I think there was another one with a time of 6.91

It's a pacifist run, so it's in the pacifist section.

4 minutes ago, 4shockblast said:

It's a pacifist run, so it's in the pacifist section.

Aren't Pacifist runs also valid as UV-Speed?

Also, the same should have happened to my run, it's Pacifist too apparently

3 minutes ago, Alaux said:

Aren't Pacifist runs also valid as UV-Speed?

Also, the same should have happened to my run, it's Pacifist too apparently

Yeah, I just noted it should be pacifist. They are the same, but Pacifist runs only appear in UV-Speed section on DSDA if they are faster than the current UV-Speed.

All the stuff I previously raised was fixed, thanks!

I noticed a few other bits and pieces. 
- Eviternity map 15 UV-Speed TAS in 0:25.31 by Beginner - this is a folder containing multiple demos. There is a UV-Speed TAS demo that is actually 1:29, but the 0:25.31 is actually a No Monsters demo with -turbo 255. 

- Eviternity map 31 No Monsters TAS in 0:19.71 by myself - time and category is correct, but for some reason this demo has "Also Reality!" under it, which this demo is not (not to mention that, as far as I'm aware, this distinction isn't given to NoMo demos anyway). 

Also, I couldn't help but notice it's been some time since demos were uploaded. Do you guys have any idea when some of these might make their way onto the site? I'm sure there must be a fair bit going on behind the scenes of course, but even just a rough idea would be cool. :) 

I hope you don't mind me asking but is there any news about this site? I haven't seen anything happen in ages.

I just posted about fixes a few posts up. Last upload was on the 19th. We're aware the upload frequency isn't ideal.

If you mean features, you can follow the coding work I do and fixes here if you really want to: https://trello.com/b/0K9HYKXt/dsda

Most of the stuff I'm working on is logistical backlog and not user-facing so there's not much to say.

I don't think "haven't seen anything happen in ages" is a particularly fair assessment though.

Oh my bad, I wasn't aware of the demo uploads on the 19th. I was thinking the last upload batch was last year. :/

That's fair enough if there isn't much to say, just wondering how its going. I'll leave you to it then, loving the new site btw!

Trying to avoid confusion in wad naming conventions. Someone looking for scythe2 should get the second release rather than the first.

scythe2 -> scythe2_old

scythe2v2 -> scythe2

If there are any obvious other candidates that should be adjusted, let me know.

I noticed the Note column sometimes says "2P", or "3P", or "4P", but I don't quite understand what does it really mean.

Does it show the quantity of players running around the maps?

Or does it show how many people were involved in making a movie?

Spoiler

The player (marine soldier) is actually one, but 2 people were making the movie.

image.png.9685f27b3c301b38b48299d508563775.png

https://www.dsdarchive.com/wads/hacx