Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GoneAway

The Next Iteration of DSDA

40 minutes ago, kraflab said:

Do we usually put everything in max or in tyson?

Do you mean for the default view?  I'd say max, but I'm not aware of any standard.

Also from re-reading my previous post it might not be clear: I'm saying this is a similar situation to how there are pacifist records which are also uv-speed records; the max records for map 1,2 are also the tyson records (and will be unless someone finds a way to skip the secrets in tyson or magically glitch a new weapon for max).

These cases are somewhat complex. Scythe map 2 secret is skippable in Tyson, so Tyson is technically faster, but every max is Tyson. Map 1 secret is skippable too, but only by virtue of either accidentally not activating the chainsaw secret or by slower strategies, so every max is Tyson and vice versa.

However, Scythe map 1 in co-op has additional weapons, so in that case, UV-Max and Tyson are different categories, meaning blindly moving everything from one category to another won't work either. :D Map 2 has no co-op maxes I think, but I suspect the same would apply.

I'm not sure there is a convention across DSDA either, I'm pretty sure I've seen both cases of Tyson/max equivalents being marked as Tyson and as max.

1 hour ago, kraflab said:

Do we usually put everything in max or in tyson?

Hypothetically, UV-Tyson is a particular case of UV-Max. If any completion of a map with 100% stats always matches both categories, I think all the runs for that map should be marked as UV-Max runs. UV-Tyson and UV-Pacifist should be used when there exists an opportunity to break their rules (use a prohibited weapon / attack somebody) and we can emphasize a group of runs that is different from the rest.

If there aren't any enemies or hazards on a map, should we add a "Reality!" tag to ALL the speedruns of that map then?

Edited by Dimon12321 : Yeah, UV-Tyson doesn't require secrets

You don't need to re-report things - there's a todo list and it'll be uploaded when we get there.

Small update here: I know it's not visible but we are working on stuff behind the scenes. Depr4vity and coincident have also joined in to help with getting a better setup.

The demos from the Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, And Final Doom threads have been uploaded alongside the IWAD records from the Beat 1000 Demos thread, please notify me if there are any errors in the uploads as this was my first time uploading demos and I do not want to make any mistakes in the future.

I've noticed that none of my recent demos have been uploaded even though demos posted later in the same threads have been. Am I doing something wrong during demo recording/uploading that's making them invalid? I'd just like to know so I can fix it if that is the case.

Not really a big deal, but my pacifist run of TNT map 15 should also have been marked with the "(Also Reality!)" thingy.

20 hours ago, kraflab said:

You can now sort a player's demos chronologically if you want to see their history

Please remember to update the change log. ;)

Have player profiles, e.g. http://doomedsda.us/player9.html , been imported from the old site, and if so, where?

Wow, it's a new one!

Spoiler

image.png.8993997a865cb6f006503e09f2505bb8.png

37 minutes ago, ZeroMaster010 said:

Unless you are talking about the icon.

About it =)

Edited by Dimon12321

Kimo himself admitted to cheating that particular demo, which was quite some time ago now, so nothing new :) Unless you are talking about the icon.

ALBILLO

The 19:15 run is by a lawyer formerly known as The Chief. It's on /idgames in albil_sv.zip.

BNBEYOND

Own 15:53 run desyncs in vanilla and Choco/Crispy, see this ticket on SourceForge for details.

Plays back correctly in prboom-plus only.

RETURN01
Own two prboom-plus v2.5.0.6 runs (E1M2 and E1M5) play back with that version only and desync with anything else.
These were recorded when prboom-plus' v1.2 support was still at the experimental stage.

edit: see the next two posts

Edited by Never_Again : removed the lawyer's name in light of Andy's post

4 hours ago, Never_Again said:

ALBILLO

The 19:15 run is by Simon Varszeghy. It's on /idgames in albil_sv.zip.

Several years ago, Simon requested his name be removed from the DSDA (not wanting his DSDA Player page showing up in the first page of Google results, I'd guess, him being a professional man and all), so I would recommend not adding it back. It would probably be safe to use his nick 'The Chief', though it didn't occur to me to ask him at the time.

Never_Again: I've added notes about prboom+ requirement for the demos you mentioned. I will leave the other demo marked Anonymous though, unless he shows up himself and asks for a change.

Thank you.

Sorry to see you decided to ditch FDAs, though I can see why one wouldn't want to deal with them.

What about FDAs that happen to end with 100% kills and secrets though? Perhaps these would be acceptable on maps with no extant UV Maxes.

I can certainly understand the argument to include such demos, but ultimately we've decided not to include things just to fill a slot. The same goes for demos from the "ironman" contests. Some of those demos would be for wads that don't have a d2all yet, so there is some value there, but in the end they aren't speed demos.

That's not a matter of filtering based on quality but rather on intent, to be clear.

I'm also not going to say we'll NEVER host those kinds of demos. I wouldn't be working on this project if I didn't value preserving and tracking history. But, I see that as "outside the scope" for now, and a separate thing to be tackled. Maybe one day there will be an fda section on the site split from the rest where we store that kind of stuff.

All of the demos submitted until the 31 March were uploaded.

Please verify that all of your demos are in order. Post here or PM me if there's anything missing, or any mistakes.

If everything is OK, we'll continue to upload demos for the month of April soon.

I'm curious about TAS demo placement here. Why is Light_Speed's TAS placed below a non-TAS demo while Vita's TAS is placed above respective ones? Maybe the spreadsheet sorting isn't set yet.

Spoiler

image.png.39833ac322b9902857e21c3ac3f1bfe7.png