Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GoneAway

The Next Iteration of DSDA

1 hour ago, Argent Agent said:

Is there an issue with the site? Malwarebytes seems to think that there is a Trojan on the site (seems like a false positive though).

Meh. Both Chrome and Firefox stay calm

During the course of last week, 193 demos were uploaded.
The total running time of these demos is 10 hours, 35 minutes, and 12 seconds

The most popular category was UV Max, with a total of 57 demos.

On 3/19/2021 at 11:50 PM, Argent Agent said:

Is there an issue with the site? Malwarebytes seems to think that there is a Trojan on the site (seems like a false positive though).

try virustotal, which also has a malwarebytes engine. 0/70 engines detected this url. you could have an outdated version of malwarebytes.

During the course of last week, 124 demos were uploaded.
The total running time of these demos is 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 27 seconds

The most popular category was UV Max, with a total of 47 demos.

On 3/16/2021 at 11:38 PM, Xymph said:

Contrary to the text file, thespir2's second demo of 1:08:00 was also done in ZDoom v2.1.7, DEMOGAMEVERSION 0x206.

4shockblast, I presume your like on my post meant that it was resolved, but I think you corrected in the wrong direction. Both demos now show v1.17 but do require v2.1.7 per that 0x206 marker.

7 hours ago, Xymph said:

4shockblast, I presume your like on my post meant that it was resolved, but I think you corrected in the wrong direction. Both demos now show v1.17 but do require v2.1.7 per that 0x206 marker.

Oops. Fixed.

1 hour ago, 4shockblast said:

Oops. Fixed.

Alright, though strictly speaking, the punctuation for the version is 2.1.7. ;)

27 minutes ago, Xymph said:

Alright, though strictly speaking, the punctuation for the version is 2.1.7. ;)

Fixed again. 🤦 I guess I needed the coffee this morning. :)

11 minutes ago, 4shockblast said:

Fixed again. 🤦 I guess I needed the coffee this morning. :)

Don't sweat it. Thank you and all else involved in doing this. It learned me a great deal about the tooling used in these works, whether TAS or not.

During the course of last week, 114 demos were uploaded.
The total running time of these demos is 11 hours, 23 minutes, and 39 seconds

The most popular category was UV Max, with a total of 37 demos.

The MAP09 demo by Light_Speed done on ZDaemon: the version could be refined to 1.10.04.

The version string in the .zdd file from byte 46 onwards is "1.10.04  (2018-05-18)".

Doing some upgrades - dsda might be down for some time.

Edit: looks like it's back up. Let me know if you experience any problems.

Edited by kraflab

Old stuff...

Hadephobia MAP33 got me curious, how can UV Max be 33 minutes, and Respawn 42 seconds? That respawn is for MAP34 I suppose :) and other short demos too.

IC2001 Opulent demo misses one monster and I checked, it is possible to kill. It's just the slow monster teleporter thingy.

kmetl_2 and kmetl_4 have zero demos... There were Zahid UV Maxes for each in doomedsda.us, they got nuked?

Now onto my favourite, categories:

Going Down MAP03 demo by TheLoneliness is listed as Tyson. Isn't it the same thing as Scythe MAP02? Where Tyson = Max and is the fastest in both? Edit: also Bob9001 demo. On second thought, maybe not, as there are no secrets in gd03.

Even more obscure is Cyberdreams MAP31s Pacifist by Daiyu. Because it is also UV Max record for MAP31 :))) I would leave it where it is but it is funny.

Edited by vdgg

kmetl_2 and kmetl_4 sounded familiar so I checked, looks like I knew I missed uploading them (together with hurt.wad demos) and just completely forgot about them 2 years ago. We'll upload those later and correct the rest, thanks.

I think we had some ideas that if a map has no secrets and only tyson weapons it has to be uv max, but from going down map03 that's actually not the case since there are chaingunners who drop chainguns!

Most of ELMLE's Deathless UV-Speed episode runs desync in dsda-doom on complevel 3.

dle1-533 desyncs right at the beginning.

dle2-810 desyncs in the middle of E2M3, with the player running into things and firing at random things before shooting a rocket point black towards a wall and dying.

dle3-749 desyncs after the starting room of E3M1.

dle4-526 manages to get as far as E4M6 before desyncing.

I'm quite sure you're using a different version, the demos uploaded to dsdarchive all have times for each level which means they did sync (and should sync with the version linked at the top of the deathless page).

8 minutes ago, Giant Jumbo Jellyfish said:

Most of ELMLE's Deathless UV-Speed episode runs desync in dsda-doom on complevel 3.

dle1-533 desyncs right at the beginning.

dle2-810 desyncs in the middle of E2M3, with the player running into things and firing at random things before shooting a rocket point black towards a wall and dying.

dle3-749 desyncs after the starting room of E3M1.

dle4-526 manages to get as far as E4M6 before desyncing.

You're probably trying to play the demos back with the /idgames version, which is 1.1 - DSDA hosts the 1.0 version, and all the demos sync correctly with that version.

Just now, Andromeda said:

You're probably trying to play the demos back with the /idgames version, which is 1.1 - DSDA hosts the 1.0 version, and all the demos sync correctly with that version.

Ah, had a feeling that was what was wrong.

Kama Sutra has a few errors.
My two recent submissions (ks301686 and ks30-050) are both on the wrong subset. If I'm looking at the division right, 30s exits are for the Kids Route, yeah? Both of those submissions are for the Kids Route.
Also, Scorpius's UV-Speed/Pacifist run (ks30-017) is also for the Kids Route, although I'd definitely love to see someone figure out how to beat the Adult Route in Pacifist :P

Anyway, all 3 of those are put on the wrong exit route page if I'm reading this stuff right.

Editing to just state that yeah, I'm aware that normally the only things that get the S after them are secret exits (UV/NM-Speed and NM100S), but considering this is technically two different maps just using the same monsters, I'd imagine it'd still fall under that same criteria

Edited by Altima : Clarity

I didn't want to create a separate thread for this question, so I decided to post it here. Is it possible to create a torrent that contains every single demo uploaded to the DSDA? This could be useful for preservation purposes.

2 hours ago, E.M. said:

I didn't want to create a separate thread for this question, so I decided to post it here. Is it possible to create a torrent that contains every single demo uploaded to the DSDA? This could be useful for preservation purposes.

There's an archive of the old DSDA here: https://archive.org/details/dsda-2-final

6 hours ago, E.M. said:

It's in the roadmap to have some way for people to easily mirror the archive, including all the internal data, but we haven't gotten there quite yet.

Is it legal and fair to use crosshair for demo recording? original DOS version doesn't have that feature I guess. Also, it is a big advantage for uv max category.

Crosshair is allowed. The reason is you can just put a piece of tape on your monitor (which people have done). What would not be allowed is something like adjusting the position of the weapon sprites (aligning them) or some of the extra crosshair stuff like showing the health of the target or snapping onto the target that a shot will go to.