Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nekr0s1s

Unpopular Modern Opinions

The 80s had the best music. The 80s had the best everything. The 80s ruled. 

the 80's did not have doom, therefore you are wrong

1 hour ago, jeroa said:

the 80's did not have doom, therefore you are wrong

The 90s were the best decade for video games, but I didn't feel like mentioning that one exception. The 80s still had the best of everything else. 

Edited by Ajora

this is not really an opinion since i don't claim they are good or bad or meh, but i really like the star wars prequel trilogy and the last jedi

I consider Star Wars movies boring. I was never able to sit through any of these movies. I thought Dune (1984) was so much better and fun.

On the contrary, Star Wars games - love'em. Haven't played them all but I adore and still play Jedi Academy, Dark Forces, classic Battlefront.

2 hours ago, gotsu said:

I consider Star Wars movies boring. I was never able to sit through any of these movies. I thought Dune (1984) was so much better and fun.

On the contrary, Star Wars games - love'em. Haven't played them all but I adore and still play Jedi Academy, Dark Forces, classic Battlefront.

YES YES YES!

I completely agree. Sure, Dune (1984) was a narrative mess, but it HAS SO MUCH FUCKKING SPIRIT TO IT. Fuck I love that movie. It was the first scifi film set in the far far far future that actually felt like I was watching humans from the year 50854083 AD do things, because every character interaction feels so alien and inhuman. Partially because the script is such a mess, but mostly because David Lynch has a great imagination.

It's a real shame the studio suits scared David Lynch so much with a vision of him helming a Star Wars-like franchise, so much that he sabotaged the whole project. He also never talks about the film in interviews, while he normally will happily talk about former projects and all. It really fucked him up and scared him away from big-money Hollywood.

20 hours ago, seed said:

TV, newspapers, interacting with others maybe.

yeah, I have zero experience with everone of these. It's only part of a long forgotten era

2 minutes ago, FractalBeast said:

YES YES YES!

I completely agree. Sure, Dune (1984) was a narrative mess, but it HAS SO MUCH FUCKKING SPIRIT TO IT. Fuck I love that movie. It was the first scifi film set in the far far far future that actually felt like I was watching humans from the year 50854083 AD do things, because every character interaction feels so alien and inhuman. Partially because the script is such a mess, but mostly because David Lynch has a great imagination.

It's a real shame the studio suits scared David Lynch so much with a vision of him helming a Star Wars-like franchise, so much that he sabotaged the whole project. He also never talks about the film in interviews, while he normally will happily talk about former projects and all. It really fucked him up and scared him away from big-money Hollywood.

True. I really like Lynch and Dune is Lynchian through and through, it's a great example of a 'different' sci-fi movie. I don't know any other movie like it.

Absolutely a shame that the final cut was butchered but it still came out as an amazing movie.

The practical effects were charming too. The first scene with the Guild navigator, it's like Eraserhead again.

I also never expected Sting to play such a wonderfully deranged character.

1 hour ago, gotsu said:

True. I really like Lynch and Dune is Lynchian through and through, it's a great example of a 'different' sci-fi movie. I don't know any other movie like it.

Absolutely a shame that the final cut was butchered but it still came out as an amazing movie.

The practical effects were charming too. The first scene with the Guild navigator, it's like Eraserhead again.

I also never expected Sting to play such a wonderfully deranged character.

B L O O D P L U G

i disliike when dragon and other flying creatures are portraed with thin membranous wings, i which they would instead be given thick wings like pterosaurs are theorized to have had

i also dislike when fantasy cratures cant fold their wings

On 15/8/2019 at 18:50, Nekr0s1s said:

Hace poco vi una foto de la recientemente anunciada Need For Speed Heat, y tengo que decir ...

... ¿Cuándo terminará este tirón circular de los 80? ha superado su período de bienvenida, ahora es el momento de morir para siempre.

Nekrosis sos el uruguayo? Si sos vos respondeme a ver si te acordas de mi 😁😁

it is more comfortable, and therefore preferable, to sit on the couch and game with a good controller. m+k fanatics need to let it go. 

let it go man. 

I really dislike Steampunk in general but even more so when they come in overwhelming droves at the renaissance fair.

20 hours ago, rampancy said:

it is more comfortable, and therefore preferable, to sit on the couch and game with a good controller. m+k fanatics need to let it go. 

let it go man. 

The whole comfort aspect behind what you've said is subjective. I have an excellent gaming chair that I always sit in when I'm playing, and I think most people would prefer what I have over a couch. A mouse and keyboard configuration will always be superior to a controller when it comes to first-person shooters and real-time strategy games. 

3 hours ago, Ajora said:

...and I think most people would prefer...

which is what makes it unpopular. regardless, its pretty great if you can pull it off. m+k is fine if you need it. 

I loved movies. I hate (new) movies. Hardly any movie is made to tell a story now. Most of them are made because there is an intellectual property to turn into a film. Recently I rewatched Where Eagles Dare and I was stunned, it was a STORY, everything felt in place, it was tense, it had characters, while every major movie nowadays feels like a fireworks show. There are some films I'd perhaps watch but the overwhelming tons of shitty ones made me dislike movies in general.

24 minutes ago, Szuran said:

Hardly any movie is made to tell a story now. Most of them are made because there is an intellectual property to turn into a film

I think this only applies to the movies made around existing popular franchises / characters. They are pretty easy to spot and avoid. Of course these are the movies that also generate the most hype / advertising, so it feels like it's every movie, but it isn't.

6 minutes ago, dr_st said:

I think this only applies to the movies made around existing popular franchises / characters. They are pretty easy to spot and avoid. Of course these are the movies that also generate the most hype / advertising, so it feels like it's every movie, but it isn't.

In a way, yes, but... It's like movies aren't made to _last_ nowadays, you know? When I watch something from back in the day, something like Good, Bad and Ugly or the Godfather, it's like these were made to be rewatched. These are artful, these are finely crafted. When I watch new movies, even non-franchise ones, it's like they were rushed because there's 5000 other movies they want you to watch, so see this and forget about it in 5 minutes, there's something else now.

I think there's just too many movies.

Just now, Szuran said:

I think there's just too many movies.

This I do agree with. It applies not just to movies, but anything really. The amount of content created nowadays in one day is likely more than a person can process in a lifetime.

Thought of a better response.

I think that selective breeding among humans would benefit humanity in the long run, potentially eliminating diseases like HIV and ones that seem to be passed down to offspring, like schizophrenia.   But if any such measures were to be implemented by law, it would be poorly received and deemed too intrusive and fascistic, even if it was for the betterment of humanity as a race.  It is an emotionless measure with a painful start but an ultimately good outcome.  Nevertheless, humans are emotional beings and are too fragile to accept this idea as good.  So I am torn on this topic...diseases are eliminated in the animal kingdom by this very thing, so it is proven to work in theory and in practice...but undertaking this task as people would require no emotional investment in courtship.  Can you imagine being told that the man or woman you love is an illegible candidate for reproduction because you both had a parent with some disease that could be passed onto your yet to be conceived children?  And here I arrive, knowing that what is the best option for our species' health and survival is also the most depressing and morally wrong.

8 hours ago, Rare Hatchiama said:

Thought of a better response.

I think that selective breeding among humans would benefit humanity in the long run, potentially eliminating diseases like HIV and ones that seem to be passed down to offspring, like schizophrenia.   But if any such measures were to be implemented by law, it would be poorly received and deemed too intrusive and fascistic, even if it was for the betterment of humanity as a race.  It is an emotionless measure with a painful start but an ultimately good outcome.  Nevertheless, humans are emotional beings and are too fragile to accept this idea as good.  So I am torn on this topic...diseases are eliminated in the animal kingdom by this very thing, so it is proven to work in theory and in practice...but undertaking this task as people would require no emotional investment in courtship.  Can you imagine being told that the man or woman you love is an illegible candidate for reproduction because you both had a parent with some disease that could be passed onto your yet to be conceived children?  And here I arrive, knowing that what is the best option for our species' health and survival is also the most depressing and morally wrong.

This is dumb as fuck.

Within a single generation, we'll have CRISPR and directed genetic engineering would be so much better than selective breeding. Guess what, selective breeding is just speeding up evolution. You'll still end up with genetic defects and statistics say you'll probaby create brand new genetic defects because hahahahah, DNA fucking sucks mate.

1 hour ago, HUNdebLeonidasX said:

Far cry 2 is boooooriiiing

Even if it had more details than the rest of the series

I will fight you. FC2 is probably one of the best "modern warfare" shooters that ever came out.

On 10/15/2019 at 5:05 AM, dr_st said:

Controllers in general suck....

keyboard ergonomics suck not to mention they are unwieldy as all hell and require a desk or desk like enviornment. 

you people crack me up

1 hour ago, rampancy said:

keyboard ergonomics suck not to mention they are unwieldy as all hell and require a desk or desk like enviornment. 

you people crack me up

Do you genuinely believe that controllers are better than mouse/keyboard setups for RTS games and first-person shooters? 

1 hour ago, Rare Hatchiama said:

Very nice.

Perhaps he was mean, but he has a valid point - selective breeding only opens the gates wide and large for all sorts of other genetic anomalies and mutations, that's the last thing you want to do with a supposed "forced evolution".

Also, never forget that if you take away from humans what they value most - their freedom (of choice in this case) - they will rise, without a single shadow of doubt. It's never going to work.

1 hour ago, Ajora said:

Do you genuinely believe that controllers are better than mouse/keyboard setups for RTS games and first-person shooters? 

Yea, really now...

Controllers are a fucking nightmare especially for FPSes, if there's no aim assist going on at all. All controllers have their purpose, but controllers simply aren't suitable for all types of games, just like mouse + kb isn't always the best.