Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nekr0s1s

Unpopular Modern Opinions

Posted (edited)

The 80s had the best music. The 80s had the best everything. The 80s ruled. 

the 80's did not have doom, therefore you are wrong

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jeroa said:

the 80's did not have doom, therefore you are wrong

The 90s were the best decade for video games, but I didn't feel like mentioning that one exception. The 80s still had the best of everything else. 

Edited by Ajora

this is not really an opinion since i don't claim they are good or bad or meh, but i really like the star wars prequel trilogy and the last jedi

I consider Star Wars movies boring. I was never able to sit through any of these movies. I thought Dune (1984) was so much better and fun.

On the contrary, Star Wars games - love'em. Haven't played them all but I adore and still play Jedi Academy, Dark Forces, classic Battlefront.

2 hours ago, gotsu said:

I consider Star Wars movies boring. I was never able to sit through any of these movies. I thought Dune (1984) was so much better and fun.

On the contrary, Star Wars games - love'em. Haven't played them all but I adore and still play Jedi Academy, Dark Forces, classic Battlefront.

YES YES YES!

I completely agree. Sure, Dune (1984) was a narrative mess, but it HAS SO MUCH FUCKKING SPIRIT TO IT. Fuck I love that movie. It was the first scifi film set in the far far far future that actually felt like I was watching humans from the year 50854083 AD do things, because every character interaction feels so alien and inhuman. Partially because the script is such a mess, but mostly because David Lynch has a great imagination.

It's a real shame the studio suits scared David Lynch so much with a vision of him helming a Star Wars-like franchise, so much that he sabotaged the whole project. He also never talks about the film in interviews, while he normally will happily talk about former projects and all. It really fucked him up and scared him away from big-money Hollywood.

20 hours ago, seed said:

TV, newspapers, interacting with others maybe.

yeah, I have zero experience with everone of these. It's only part of a long forgotten era

2 minutes ago, FractalBeast said:

YES YES YES!

I completely agree. Sure, Dune (1984) was a narrative mess, but it HAS SO MUCH FUCKKING SPIRIT TO IT. Fuck I love that movie. It was the first scifi film set in the far far far future that actually felt like I was watching humans from the year 50854083 AD do things, because every character interaction feels so alien and inhuman. Partially because the script is such a mess, but mostly because David Lynch has a great imagination.

It's a real shame the studio suits scared David Lynch so much with a vision of him helming a Star Wars-like franchise, so much that he sabotaged the whole project. He also never talks about the film in interviews, while he normally will happily talk about former projects and all. It really fucked him up and scared him away from big-money Hollywood.

True. I really like Lynch and Dune is Lynchian through and through, it's a great example of a 'different' sci-fi movie. I don't know any other movie like it.

Absolutely a shame that the final cut was butchered but it still came out as an amazing movie.

The practical effects were charming too. The first scene with the Guild navigator, it's like Eraserhead again.

I also never expected Sting to play such a wonderfully deranged character.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gotsu said:

True. I really like Lynch and Dune is Lynchian through and through, it's a great example of a 'different' sci-fi movie. I don't know any other movie like it.

Absolutely a shame that the final cut was butchered but it still came out as an amazing movie.

The practical effects were charming too. The first scene with the Guild navigator, it's like Eraserhead again.

I also never expected Sting to play such a wonderfully deranged character.

B L O O D P L U G

i disliike when dragon and other flying creatures are portraed with thin membranous wings, i which they would instead be given thick wings like pterosaurs are theorized to have had

i also dislike when fantasy cratures cant fold their wings

On 15/8/2019 at 18:50, Nekr0s1s said:

Hace poco vi una foto de la recientemente anunciada Need For Speed Heat, y tengo que decir ...

... ¿Cuándo terminará este tirón circular de los 80? ha superado su período de bienvenida, ahora es el momento de morir para siempre.

Nekrosis sos el uruguayo? Si sos vos respondeme a ver si te acordas de mi 😁😁