Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Crunchynut44

SINERGY - A Vanilla Ultimate Doom Megawad - Now on idgames!

a full Ultimate Doom replacement? 'cmon, you must be kidding, it is too good to be true!

Another megawad and NO CEREAL KILLER???

Pulling your leg of course. Congrats!

58 minutes ago, Crunchynut44 said:

1 from BTSX (Plurry - Bucket)

This is from the Plutonia MIDI pack, not in any BTSX episode released so far?

4 minutes ago, Catpho said:

Another megawad and NO CEREAL KILLER???

I uh, get distracted easily :D

5 minutes ago, Catpho said:

This is from the Plutonia MIDI pack, not in any BTSX episode released so far?

Woops, fixed, cheers!

just finished episode 1, and liked it. good old Doom action, albeit slightly too much for me on UV. will prolly try it again on HMP later.

2 hours ago, ketmar said:

just finished episode 1, and liked it.

I can echo that! Just flew through on UV now. Placing an arena-style map in slot E1M8 was a really cool choice! Difficulty felt just right to me, but I've only tried it out in UV thus far! On to E2! :)

ASFSFADSFDSFSFSASDFDF EXCITEMENT INTENSIFIES

9 hours ago, Crunchynut44 said:

Tested with PrBoom+ (v1.666)

Which means, boom format (cl9), right?

Logged back on out of my dormancy to say that this looks amazing and based on my experience playing the first few maps of E1 that it plays as good as it looks. I love UDOOM megawads like No End in Sight and I'm sure I'll end up loving this as well!

Currently in Episode 3. My only issue is oh my GOD there are so many freaking cacodemons and lost souls. Jebus m crumbs there are so many

was eyeing crunchy's screenshots for a while, then a huge period where he went Code: Black on the forums... glad to know it was because he was a tad busy ;-)

1 hour ago, galileo31dos01 said:

ASFSFADSFDSFSFSASDFDF EXCITEMENT INTENSIFIES

Which means, boom format (cl9), right?

Complevel 3 at the lowest, anything above should work just fine. Hopefully!

So far i am playing episode 1 with Final doomer, i am enjoy the hell out of it!

but i have found some texture missalignments i thought i might share

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20190715_234452.png.d184e71375bf9a1ded1e21a102456ba6.pngScreenshot_Doom_20190715_233436.png.ec030c189700098a19906eba59394dd3.png

this one and the secret level have it but i think it's more of a nitpickScreenshot_Doom_20190715_234452.png.d184e71375bf9a1ded1e21a102456ba6.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190715_235502.png.94b8c92ad3b35752f39ee8fcc85eaa21.png

This one has it in both walls

i tried to look for such errors too, but the action is so freakin' hot, that i completely forgot about everything else. OP should make boring levels if he wants us doing bug-hunting!

This is really good, great work! Already played through all of it and this is exactly as advertised: very traditional and very fun. I like the difficulty too, a little bit tougher than the original but still you don't have to think too much on casual UV.

A few things I noticed in E4 (played with glboom+ 2.5.1.3 and complevel 3:

• E4M3: I hear a Cyber roar at the beginning of the level but he never shows up. Bug or a case of me breaking the level?
  • E4M9: This one broke on me, I think. I killed the SM and all three Cybers and the platforms lowered a bit but then nothing happens. Lots of monsters still left but I can't proceed (?). 

I hope you like FDAs because I recorded one for every map (in the attachment). Died a couple of times, got lost a couple of times but mostly they are pretty short.

Sinergy_FDA_Veinen.zip

22 hours ago, Veinen said:

This is really good, great work! Already played through all of it and this is exactly as advertised: very traditional and very fun. I like the difficulty too, a little bit tougher than the original but still you don't have to think too much on casual UV.

A few things I noticed in E4 (played with glboom+ 2.5.1.3 and complevel 3:

• E4M3: I hear a Cyber roar at the beginning of the level but he never shows up. Bug or a case of me breaking the level?
  • E4M9: This one broke on me, I think. I killed the SM and all three Cybers and the platforms lowered a bit but then nothing happens. Lots of monsters still left but I can't proceed (?). 

I hope you like FDAs because I recorded one for every map (in the attachment). Died a couple of times, got lost a couple of times but mostly they are pretty short.

Sinergy_FDA_Veinen.zip

Hey dude thanks for playing! Those demos are invaluable to me, I managed to fill out an entire sheet of notes where I can improve on some levels, not necessarily enemy placement wise but rather where the levels should flow better. I tried to play each level with a different approach, but you can't predict how others will play them. So watching them played from a different perspective was perfect. Apologies the last level broke, ill be fixing that asap.

Cheers, glad you liked it!

Does it also have obligatory Pinky/Spectre chainsaw massacres upon picking up the chainsaw? If so, I'm game.

1 hour ago, Crunchynut44 said:

Hey dude thanks for playing! Those demos are invaluable to me, I managed to fill out an entire sheet of notes where I can improve on some levels, not necessarily enemy placement wise but rather where the levels should flow better. I tried to play each level with a different approach, but you can't predict how others will play them. So watching them played from a different perspective was perfect. Apologies the last level broke, ill be fixing that asap.

Cheers, glad you liked it!

Happy to help! I'm glad to hear that just by playing I can give something back, even when the wad already feels so tested and "final" like here.

Obviously it was E4M8 which broke not E4M9, apologies for the mix up.

RC2 is ready, link is in the OP. If you have already played then there is no need for a replay, mainly just quality of life improvements especially on E4M8. Also added in MP starts on every level. Unless anything else comes up this will be the final version before I upload it to the archive.

4 hours ago, Maes said:

Does it also have obligatory Pinky/Spectre chainsaw massacres upon picking up the chainsaw? If so, I'm game.

Naturally ;)

Playing on UV pistol start. Ran out of ammo in E1M8 when dealing with the last wave of enemies. I know I could have run to the exit, but I was going for 100%.

Even used infighting in the previous wave. Adding a backpack would help or just more rockets. The whole map is also a major step up from the previous maps. Although I can forgive that since it's the last map of the episode. Being stuck under cacos is not fun though.

Started playing it today. It started low key but the monster count increased exponentially as the levels went on. Good stuff.

Something of note: These yellow bars are wide enough on the left side for the player to walk through which lets you sequence break a big chunk of the map.

Screenshot_Doom_20190719_130410.png.6b63ff8a909df66eb382992becab584b.png

Just started playing this. Using GZDoom. I like this. Nice to see a good use of standard textures. Fun, but some fights were "Holy crap, lots of monsters!" and at least one big fight I backed out the door and waited for them to exit so I could pick them off, but they didn't. The doorway was monster-blocked. Not sure that was intentional. Damn, I forgot to mark where that was.

Currently on E1M4. Linedef tag 2 has SW1COMP for upper and lower textures; the lower one is visible. GZDoom animates upper switch textures before lower, so the switch doesn't animate.

Onwards.