Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaturalTvventy

Stifled Man Casino - new map

Recommended Posts

Aw hell yeah another NatrualTvventy release!

I'll drop an FDA after class tomorrow

 

38 minutes ago, NaturalTvventy said:

It'll be part of a map set at some point.

 

Oh nice, gonna tell us a little more or are you gonna keep it secret?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, chowbar said:

Aw hell yeah another NatrualTvventy release!

I'll drop an FDA after class tomorrow

 

 

Oh nice, gonna tell us a little more or are you gonna keep it secret?

Heh just that I'm going to combine all my recently-released maps at some point. I really meant to hold on to this one until the pack release date but I have patience problems.

Edited by NaturalTvventy

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, NaturalTvventy said:

Heh just that I'm going to combine all my recently-released maps at some point.

 

Sounds great, can't wait to play em!

Really liked Boomstick earlier this year so I can't wait to give this a shot!

 

I saw the strange title on the WADS front page so I briefly thought you were sharing like a BTSX E3 map for like a split second haha

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, chowbar said:

 

Really liked Boomstick earlier this year so I can't wait to give this a shot!

 

 

Thanks! This map may be a polar opposite of Boomstick however. 

Share this post


Link to post

I broke it. Picked up the red key and tried to go through the RK door when the map collapsed on itself. Happens around 5 minute mark in the attached demo, played with glboom+ 2.5.1.3 and complevel 2.

 

Seems like a fun arena-style map if not for the small technical difficulties. 

FDA_casino_Veinen.zip

Share this post


Link to post

Well, there are definitely no revenants. Played through with one death (Resurrected myself because I couldn't go through the ordeal again). Without opening Doom Builder, I presume there is a trapped awake Pain Elemental, slowly filling the main arena with lost souls. For someone who gets lost as often as I do, this quickly became a nightmare.

 

 

l;l

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, NaturalTvventy said:

A semi-quicky MAP01 for DOOM2. Limit removing. Absolutely no revenants. 

 

 

Oh yeah, and I'll playtest this sometime.

Share this post


Link to post

FDA attached. I did lose my bearings a couple of times, perhaps due to the general symmetry and uniform texturing - but overall i had a fun rampage through this thanks to the nice level of firepower provided! The lost soul trickle was perhaps more of a nuisance and ammo sink to me more than anything :P 

ScottyCasinoFDA.zip

Share this post


Link to post

FDAbygal.zip

 

That was fun. Basically like Scotty I had slight troubles with orientation in spite of the big arrows lol, and the everlasting lost souls made it worse. Completely blind and around 25 minutes, missing two secrets and ignoring the two teleporting big guys, well actually preferred to leave them alone :P

Share this post


Link to post

The only thing that didn't click to me at first was to step out backwards of the long teleports, as you teleport facing to the centre and lost souls do it too, so that's the confusing part imo. I honestly can't think right now what to suggest there that doesn't affect the intended gameplay (those lost souls in particular). Perhaps another opening somewhere else close to the BK, that doesn't require using the aforementioned teleporters. 

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

The only thing that didn't click to me at first was to step out backwards of the long teleports, as you teleport facing to the centre and lost souls do it too, so that's the confusing part imo. I honestly can't think right now what to suggest there that doesn't affect the intended gameplay (those lost souls in particular). Perhaps another opening somewhere else close to the BK, that doesn't require using the aforementioned teleporters. 

Yeah, I made the blue key that way on purpose to introduce a bit of puzzle solving into the level. I’m hoping the key is visible enough to at least point the player in the right direction. I am going to try to make it more obvious where the keys get used after picking them up though.

Share this post


Link to post

Ok here's the FDA which is about 20 minutes before I get nailed by a cybie rocket, HMP, complevel 2

Yup you were right NaturalTvventy this is like almost the exact opposite of Boomstick

I'm not super great at navigation so by the time I cleared the outer ring and a little of the center arena, I still couldn't find any keys

I suspect that there might've been one in the dark imp maze though

 

It's chaotic and fast and although I'm never crazy about getting chased by a cybie, if that's the vibe you we're going for you def got it

The arrows and cardinal directions were nice to have although the arrows would've been more helpful if I had found any keys haha

chowbarcasino.zip

Share this post


Link to post

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/457022637

 

I play this at 2:39:12 into this playtest livestream. I was blindsided with the teleporting boss monster gimmick the first time around, but was alright after that. I have no idea how those Lost Souls in the centre kept appearing though.

 

(Also the lack of Revenants was great!)

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Suitepee said:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/457022637

 

I play this at 2:39:12 into this playtest livestream. I was blindsided with the teleporting boss monster gimmick the first time around, but was alright after that. I have no idea how those Lost Souls in the centre kept appearing though.

 

(Also the lack of Revenants was great!)

 

It made me so angry I went and found it in Doombuilder. Very clever trick but also infuriating.

 

image.png.d061b9bc611bbdde73717c3ecfb58062.png

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×