Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
First Crusade

MORTALITY OF THE DOOM SLAYER

Ok guys, I expect that many of you like Doom Slayer as a demi-god, unstoppable killing machine, ok... BUT!

What happened to That Doomguy, lone marine, an ordinary human who's able to pull the impossible? 

Where is that mortal side of him, that we can all relate?

Where is Hells true power and a real challenge to us?

I ask this questions becouse I don't see Hell as a threat no more; OK, there's demons LETS JUST KILL THEM ALL!

I want the game to put us ( for at least once ) in a position that you genuinely feel Doomed; like that time when you first beat a Crucible guardian, and when you kill him at last,

TWO OF THEM showed up and I was like: Hell, how am I going to beat this? You see where I'm going with this?

I like how they put grunting as a new feature of Doom Eternal, I  hope that means that Id actually knows what I'm talking about here so...

Let me know what You guys think,

I hope I'm not alone ;)

Peace out!

1.jpg

i agree.I always felt that Eternal might end on a dramatic note to some degree or if its final game at least until campagne dlc's.

Hugo always talks abaut Robocop and the latest Batman movies as inspiration.Slayer will suffer some serious damage this time.If the game will be trilogy then defenetly.

ps. the way how Marauder swings his axe in the trailer...looks and feels sort of fatal (obviously just my personal observation).

You'll stand alone, the final parody, as you realise your mortality.
This seems to be applicable to any kind of marines.

I assume the body inside the suit is dead and the suit is what's living. Then again, he was suitless at the start of Doom 4. Maybe the Doom Slayer and others are just clones and that's how they live forever. The next clone will have gone through what the last clone did, but that clone won't die.

Or they'll explore the eternal loop where John Romero is Doomguy, but John Romero is also the Icon of Sin. So to break the eternal loop, Doomguy must travel to the past to kill Commander Keen in WW2 Nazi Germany to prevent Doomguy / John Romero from becoming Icon of Sin.

I think that what's near to be something "am I gonna beat this?" is the giant monster at the end of this trailer

Also I understand what you mean. They are those situations where you think that everything is close to be done, but it gets worse because more demons spawn or the boss transforms into its "final form"

6 hours ago, geo said:

I assume the body inside the suit is dead and the suit is what's living. Then again, he was suitless at the start of Doom 4. Maybe the Doom Slayer and others are just clones and that's how they live forever. The next clone will have gone through what the last clone did, but that clone won't die.

This would explain the Slayer Zombie skins which might end up as a spoiler. But wasn't the Slayer buried in a Temple because he could not be killed?

On 7/17/2019 at 5:45 PM, First Crusade said:

What happened to That Doomguy, lone marine, an ordinary human who's able to pull the impossible? 

Classic Doomguy can run indefinitely at over 40 mph and carries a pistol, two shotguns, a rotary machine gun, a ridiculously fast-firing rocket launcher, two directed energy weapons (one of which is called the "BFG 9000" for good reason), and a buttload of ammo for aforesaid weapons. Oh, and a chainsaw.

This must be some new meaning of the words 'ordinary human' of which I was not previously aware :D

I feel like if id wants to make his background more impressive and even make him the original Doomguy, they could make Final Doom canon, since it has some of the hardest and toughest official levels.

There's even a Plutonia level just named Slayer and TNT mentions demonic space ships.

edit: this is also why they could bring back the face HUD thing, so they could show him get hurt or even smiling and laughing when he's at his peak of ripping and tearing.

The destructible demons system means they could show his face get destroyed, even if this sounds a bit edgy. (but as long as it's played in a silly, not-so-creepy vibe)

Edited by whatup876 : grammar fix and more

I say the Doomslayer kills anyone working with the demons on sight (or at least tries to). On a side note, I'm hoping to fight Blood-style Cultists in Eternal.