Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyrez

A little pollyobject help please

I am having a hell of a time getting my pollys to work right.
i am wanting to use them for swinging doors as I have seen very few mansions with doors that rais up :P however when viewed from certin angels the polly sems to disapear. any ideas on this?

Poly's can be a major pain. There is no one guaranteed solution that I know of. Try moving the sector containing your polys around (closer to where they will be at run time seems to be better), try moving the vertexes on the door frame and doors themselves around a little, put "junk" in the void space around the poly source (see Hexen map01 - Raven had to do it too), try a different node builder. All trial and error solutions I'm afraid.

Remember to keep your poly areas very straightforward. Keep the area where the poly is pretty squared off, no angled walls and the such. Many times your node builder will really mess up the area around the sectors containing the polyobjects. It usually is important to tell your node builder not to split the area during the build, tell it to ignore the sectors containing the polyobjects. We have found "Zennode" one of the best node builders when it comes to levels containing polyobjects. We were using other node builders with little or no success and then we tried "Zennode". We've eradicated all of our polybleeds, this includes swinging doors, sliding doors and other items.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

mmnpsrsoskl said:

Heh. Can someone show me an example wad on how a polyobject works?

Randy Heit's old demo.wad has some polyobjects. I think you can find it somewhere on zdoom.notgod.com. If you can't find it, I'll send it to you.