Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

Gameplay in slow motion?

So I was watching some extended gameplay and I noticed something strange.

Spoiler

There are parts of this video that clearly look like they are in slow motion. Timestamp 8:50 for example

The speed of projectiles, the rate at which the player falls, and even the glory kills look like they've been slowed down. This doesn't look like it is at the same speed that the game was shown at during Quakecon.

Even E3 had this issue! Although the big arena fight seemed ok, the brief montage they showed before it looked like it was in slow motion. See for yourself. (timestamp 3:30)

Spoiler

For some further hub-dubbery, compare the arena segment shown in the E3 video to that same arena in the 10-minute video. The latter looks completely different. I'm hoping that this is some slow-down rune or maybe even some video issues making the game look bad. 

From what I am seeing, this game isn't looking consistent in it's speed. Hopefully I am crazy and I am seeing things. What are your thoughts?

I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary in regards to game speed.

I think I read somewhere that there are places with Moon gravity, so maybe that is why it appears to be as if it is in slow motion.

On 7/17/2019 at 2:14 PM, BluePineapple72 said:

So I was watching some extended gameplay and I noticed something strange.

Reveal hidden contents

There are parts of this video that clearly look like they are in slow motion. Timestamp 8:50 for example

The speed of projectiles, the rate at which the player falls, and even the glory kills look like they've been slowed down. This doesn't look like it is at the same speed that the game was shown at during Quakecon.

Even E3 had this issue! Although the big arena fight seemed ok, the brief montage they showed before it looked like it was in slow motion. See for yourself. (timestamp 3:30)

Reveal hidden contents

For some further hub-dubbery, compare the arena segment shown in the E3 video to that same arena in the 10-minute video. The latter looks completely different. I'm hoping that this is some slow-down rune or maybe even some video issues making the game look bad. 

From what I am seeing, this game isn't looking consistent in it's speed. Hopefully I am crazy and I am seeing things. What are your thoughts?

You're not crazy, it's a new rune called Chrono Strike

there's a new rune that allows you to move in slow motion if you use your weapon mod while in mid air, it's for more precision shots to take out the demons weak points. =)

If it’s Chrono-strike it does look as if the implementation has changed since those videos because I can see what the OP is talking about. It’s not like the Chrono-strike we’ve seen in the latest videos but it could be changed

I noticed a part in exultia where a hell knight is running towards the player and as soon as its jump smashing, everything slows down but the player wasn't in mid air. Isnt chrono strike mid air only?

On 2/2/2020 at 8:03 AM, Urdak5891 said:

I noticed a part in exultia where a hell knight is running towards the player and as soon as its jump smashing, everything slows down but the player wasn't in mid air. Isnt chrono strike mid air only?

It could be either:

1. the player did a slight hop just to activate Chrono-Strike
  2. Saving Throw which also slows down time
  3. it didn't slow down, it just looks like it

There appears to a rune in Doom Eternal that slows down time whenever you're airborne and fire the secondary fire mode of a weapon, at least that's what I could gather from watching different gameplay videos.

20 hours ago, Novaseer said:

It could be either:

1. the player did a slight hop just to activate Chrono-Strike
  2. Saving Throw which also slows down time
  3. it didn't slow down, it just looks like it

Thanks man, I'll have to find the video again and see what I missed then.